Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SerendipityHappens
Msg: 86
What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Height preference seems to have a lot to do about how it appears to other people. "well, I wear heels when I go out so he has to be 7 inches taller than me so he's still three inches taller than me when I'm in four inch heels" It makes it sound more like he's an accessory than a partner.

Personally, I don't want to have to bring along scaffolding for every time I want to kiss my man, so I prefer him to be less than 6'... but if the man of my dreams is taller than that I'd get used to it I'm sure.

As for shorter, I've never dated anyone shorter than me. I think most men just tend to be 5'5" and over so the pool of men under 5'5" is pretty small.
 lovelyepona
Msg: 87
What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 4/3/2012 6:49:03 AM
As a petite woman I'm only 5ft. I am the shortest in my family. My one.sister. is over 6ft. I have not found many men my height or shorter. I do know dating guys over 6ft tall is a pain and I do feel like I am talking to their belly buttons.
What I don't understand is why men get angry if you aren't attracted to them for what ever reason. I am relatively thin and I don't like dating guys who are over weight.
 Tech-Romancer
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/3/2012 7:22:28 AM
Being 5-4, I don't really have much wiggle room for negotiating. It's one of the things that gets me written off early and often in dating. I don't mind a woman that's shorter than me, my height, or even taller so long that it's reasonable. It’s a pretty frustrating thing to deal with, because I have other good physical attributes. I know I’m attractive and I do my best to stay in relatively decent shape. I’d also hope that my personality and intelligence would also help compensate for the difference in height, but sadly it continues to be one of the first things people use against me. If I were overweight, I could actually lose weight. If I had long and unkempt hair, I could get a haircut. If I had no sense of fashion, I could always change up my look. But my height? That’s one of those things that simply cannot be helped.
 abelian
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/3/2012 7:36:26 AM
I can also wear high heels if I want to.

Presumably, you could wear high heels if you wanted to even if the guy was 3' 6" tall. Picking guys based on the shoes you like is sort of weird, but to each her own, I guess.
 Tech-Romancer
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/3/2012 7:42:40 AM
Yup. We're human beings too, not complements to your outfits. It goes both ways.
 TheLongSpring
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:00:26 AM
"I did date a guy that was 5 ft 4 - the stares we got in public were awful. People did a double take. I remember my friends even said he was too short for me. It did not really bother me - just their reactions got tiresome."

Now you know how men feel when we date fat chicks. Big girls are nice and worth dating, but the stares we get from other people and my friends' negative reactions when we go out is just unbearable.

Women want a tall guy first, a good & honest man comes second.
 Fifi47
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/3/2012 11:44:04 AM
I am a fat chick and no one has ever stared at me when I was on a date, even when the men were very tall and thin or very short and thin. I did get some strange looks once when out with a man who was very tall and very large. Might have been cause I am 5 feet tall and a smaller bbw.
 TheLongSpring
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:03:01 PM
Btw, I wasn't serious, I don't mind bigger women.

I was just mocking women's attitudes towards men's heights. They're such hypocrites.
 grove_22
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/3/2012 9:38:23 PM
I don't have an ideal height difference.
 adora71
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:30:59 PM
I would guess zero to six inches in either direction would be ideal for handholding, or making out while standing. But like someone said earlier, we are all the same height lying down...

Honestly, if a guy is healthy, kind, stable, capable of commitment, compatible with me, free of diseases and alarming sexual fetishes, I couldn't care less how tall he is.
 Fleuron
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/4/2012 5:26:37 AM

Well, it can't be much fun when your sense of personal safety and femininity are dependent on external factors (like who you're standing next to) and not from within

To be fair, that’s stretching what she said a bit much.

I’ve walked the streets of Denver with a guy friend over six feet tall, and being a 5’ 3” woman, you’re darn right I felt safe and protected. Besides that he looked like a badazz cowboy so that helped.

Also I don’t feel varying degrees of femininity in different pairs of shoes…unless I’m wearing four inch stilettos with black stockings but then we probably wouldn’t be out in public long, anyway.

I like long muscular man legs. That just turns me on.

Just like some men prefer blondes or redheads…. I don’t get all upset about it just because I’m a brunette.

Women want a tall guy first, a good & honest man comes second.

You’d know, right? (eyeroll)

How is being attracted to tall men being a hypocrite? Is being attracted to men with ripped torsos being a hypocrite too? If so sign me up.

Anyhoo most men are taller than me so I’m not gonna worry about it.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/4/2012 4:46:11 PM
I haven't really thought about height preference
as every woman I meet is always shorter than me.
and yes, I do get hit on alot.
You get used to it I guess.
:-P
 Beachluvr56
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/4/2012 4:50:53 PM
I'm 5'7" and I like men 6' and over... WOW they are hard to find. I seem to be a magnet for 5'8" and 5'9" POF men :)
 russell5417
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/4/2012 4:57:29 PM
I am 5 foot 10 8 inches. (insert laugh emoticon here)
 tilark99
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/5/2012 11:19:50 AM
I am generally attracted to men who are several (4-5) inches taller than me. There are other factors, but that's the part about height. I guess that's pretty typical, seems like many if not most women have the same preference?
 natgoat227
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 7:00:09 AM
I saw my ~Dream-Girl~ on Tosh 2.0 this week.....
ref. - Amazon Eve or Babezilla
Zoo weekend 17 Nov '09

*VOOF!!*
 KatarzynaS
Msg: 102
Posted: 6/15/2012 9:36:36 AM
So what is ur guys opinion on me being 5 ft 7 inches n guy being 6 ft 5 inches. Is there something like to tall ?
 Deleted1a2b3c4d5e
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/15/2012 11:36:06 AM
A guy I used to work with in the past, he had a brother who was about 5'6. Well he met a girl who was 5'9 and got along really well to start and then they went out on a first date and apparently some people around them, like strangers, made comments. And when they ran into some of her friends, he overheard her friends saying he was too short and she could do better. So after the date, she ended up just telling him she couldn't see him anymore. And he asked why, that they were getting along so good, and she told him point blank that it was really bothering her about his height now. And she was sorry but she had not thought of the issue before really but she had decided that night she just wouldn't, under any circumstances in the future, date a guy shorter than her. And that she was sorry she hadn't really realized this conclusion earlier.

Six weeks later, the guy won the lottery. Not one of the huge jackpots that makes the national news, but over 10 million dollars, and it made his local area news. The girl came back about a week later and found him as his apartment, and said she had rethought things and she was wrong about her stance earlier and she wanted to give him a chance. About that time, this guy got like 10-12 phone calls from women he knew in the past wanting to reconnect and "meet".

My coworker told me that his brother just politely said no thanks and then went into his apartment and just cried in private for an hour. Apparently the guy doesn't even date now, just lives quietly and doesn't tell anyone about the money. I don't know what it's like to be a woman and have men treat you like a piece of ass or a piece of meat, but I'm pretty sure this was the equivalent for this guy. He wasn't even a person anymore, he was just wallet and a chance to get fancy dinners and a nice car or something out of it.

I've seen how some women in general treat me compared to some of my vertically challenged friends and it really sucks to see. Not just for dating, but for everything.

Sometimes I forget why I stopped dating. Why it just hurt my head too much to see how vicious people are to each other. Not just women to men, but also men to women. Then I think of this story I remember and I see threads like this and I remember why I just said ok, enough is enough.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:27:35 PM

Sometimes I forget why I stopped dating. Why it just hurt my head too much to see how vicious people are to each other. Not just women to men, but also men to women. Then I think of this story I remember and I see threads like this and I remember why I just said ok, enough is enough.

I see ANY thread in here which is relationship based and think, "Oh! I remember why I have no interest. This crap is simply toooooooo silly for me to indulge in any more." It's not even the women are gold-diggers, men want sex crowd that sour me. It's the 3rd date rule, the "he/she's just not into you", the "meet/greet" syndrome, the this and the that. Good grief! I miss the old days. Meet someone, share a smile a few words, share numbers, spend a little time on the phone, movies/dinner are mentioned, you decide a time, he picks you up, you go have a nice time, he takes you home and it's a wrap until you see one another again if that's in the cards. All of this other crap? I think it has truly deleted any and all of the excitement out of things. There's no surprise any more. You get an email, you respond. Eventually move to the phone. Then you fit in a 30 minute meet/greet for the infamous "chemistry" check and then you start bickering about who pays for what. I can watch paint dry or teach the old dog a new trick or teach the cat to fetch have a glass of Merlot, watch some reality TV and not ever have to get out of my yoga clothes, all the while being just as happy as I was the day before without having to worry about someone texting me too soon after a date, or waiting three days to call me because they don't want to look "stalkerish." I dunno, there's just not much "fun" in it any more. I suppose if I were a newbie I'd be reading this thinking, "Wow, someone's bitter." It's not that, 12 years of singleness and watching the net "evolve" into what it is now? Just a sad sad state of affairs. JMO
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/12/2012 10:58:57 AM
Going back to the original question, I'd say that the ideal difference would be 4-5 inches taller than myself. . Now that I think of it, in all past relationships, the men have been at least 5'11 to 6' 0. I tried going out with someone who was shorter than myself, but he was the one with height problem, not me. .so I'll stick to what works for me. I've had a couple of men message me, who are 5'5'' or 5'6'', but I wasn't all that interested to begin with. .and added to that their height, no, I see myself with someone taller.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/12/2012 3:49:54 PM
I'm 5'5 and have always dated guys that were 6' to 6'4. I'm more attracted to tall men& like to wear high- heels.
So if I wear 2-3 inch heels, that'd make me 5'7-5'8 and I like my guy to be a good 4 to 5 inches taller than that.
My current bf is 6'2 so it works nicely ;)
 ladyc4
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/12/2012 4:37:32 PM
The thing that really matters to me is that, regardless of the distance from the top of his head to the soles of his feet...
of prime importance to me is that his head is on his SHOULDERS, not up his arse.
Cindy O
 DempseySR32
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/13/2012 1:21:36 PM
Basically what I get from reading this thread is if you're a guy and you're not at least 6'0 than you should just kill yourself. You're just a second class citizen.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2012 1:39:44 PM
Ahaha, ladyc, and also that he uses the one above his shoulders to do most of the thinking.

He's 6'2". That's total overkill, but I wasn't going to reject a perfectly good man just because he has a few extra inches.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/13/2012 2:45:43 PM
A perfectly good man with "a few extra inches"... what exactly are we talking about here?? Haha ;)
Well from my experience, most men I've dated have been very proportioned to their height :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >