Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jblack2000
Msg: 111
What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
It's impossible for every woman do date a man over 6ft tall, just going by normal height distribution

Women don't get that though

The math doesn't matter
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 112
What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 9/13/2012 7:55:06 PM
ZERO when u r horizontal!
 Keeper_of_Secrets
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/13/2012 8:17:52 PM

Is there something like to tall ?

Yes.
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2012 8:46:06 PM
I like a man taller than myself by at least a few inches. At 5'3" I don't think I'm asking too much. I have dated guys from 5'5" to 6'10". My favorite height range is 5'9" - 6'. My current guy is 6'3"... its a strain, but heels or a well placed step make all the difference. ;)
 Lionesse19
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/14/2012 12:27:30 AM
I am happy with about 6-8 inches taller . I am average height. Men prefer women who are smaller by the same token. Men who are tall have more natural authority and will be promoted over short men often. I feel sorry for the short guy as there is nothing he can do about it except beef up and he has limited choice of women. They often lie on their profiles but who are they kidding??
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/22/2012 10:06:49 AM
A lot of shorter men (not all) do come across as bitter& have that small man syndrome. You'd think THEY would try to compensate for their lack of height with an awesome personality but that's not always the case. I have always dated tall men as they're not the one's that come on here whining =p
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/22/2012 11:09:48 AM
The only relationship I've had was with a man an inch shorter than me, but he at least had a manly build. I don't think I could date a short guy with a boyish build. I'm 5'7", and I guess "ideally", since I like to wear heels, I think 5'10"-5'11" would be the perfect height. But it's not required. I think I'd prefer a guy 5'8" over a guy 6'2"; I really don't want to have to look UP at someone.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/22/2012 3:34:03 PM
Lol, oh it's no myth as it very much exists. Sad but true!
 PosiREP
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:37:22 PM

A lot of shorter men (not all) do come across as bitter& have that small man syndrome. You'd think THEY would try to compensate for their lack of height with an awesome personality but that's not always the case

I agree with some of this and have seen it play out with many short guys.

I can see how it can happen because even tho I have a fairly awesome life and an awesome personality....my 5'5"(ok 5'4 3/4") height dooms me from the start and it bothers me because aside from my height I don't think I'm a bad looking guy so it's like "what gives??" It can fester alot of angry feelings if you let it bother you. I'm just used to it and really don't care. I just accept it as is.

The only time I ever get angry is at work because...well...stupid people be stupid sometimes.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/22/2012 11:04:35 PM
"The thing that really matters to me is that, regardless of the distance from the top of his head to the soles of his feet...
of prime importance to me is that his head is on his SHOULDERS, not up his arse. "

Ha! Well said!

Height means NOTHING. Yup, you read it, NOTHING. I'd date Peter Dinklage, the actor, in a New York minute if he were single--the man is brilliant!

If a woman is so insecure that she has to be around a man much taller than herself to feel feminine, it is NOT the fault of a short man. Oh and as to the "short man syndrome" bias; let me tell you I've dated men who were considered "tall" and it did not make them automatically superior as friends, lovers. Height has nothing to do with it.

My dad is 5'5", 78 years old and was widowed from my mom many years ago. He lives in a retirement community in Florida and works out, rides his bike for 5 miles a day and treats every one of his girlfriends as if they were treasures.

Needless to say, he has many, many girlfriends.
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/22/2012 11:26:04 PM
You're wrong, it has nothing to do with insecurity, in fact quite the opposite. Taller men are just simply attractive!! =)
If he happens to be not only tall, but a really good guy like my man, bonus:) Don't hate what you can't get hun, lol. Just saying!
Most men were made taller than most women for a reason, lol.

I'm done here, Cheers!
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/22/2012 11:47:33 PM
she gotta be short/tall enuf that with her heels on....

i can bend her over and boink her doggie style w/out """HAVING""" to pick her up to me or squat her down to mEEEE
 justdeb1111
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/23/2012 2:03:27 AM
"Taller men are just simply attractive!!"

To you, perhaps, if that is your sole criteria.

"Don't hate what you can't get hun, lol. Just saying!"

Just sayin' you obviously don't know me.

"Most men were made taller than most women for a reason, lol."

..and exactly what was that "reason" and who "made" them taller? Interestingly enough, this "boom" in male height appears to be a recent event in human history. Haven't seen it made a big deal of in ancient texts, nor in architecture--nor in archeology else it might be a bit easier to tell a male Ardipithecus ramidus or Australopithecus sps. by height alone. This height difference thing appears to be more the current fashion of the last century or so and not much else.

However, we DO have a long history of fetish idolation for the very full, rounded, obese human female figure.

Just sayin.
 DragonBits
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/23/2012 7:14:02 AM

You'd think THEY would try to compensate for their lack of height with an awesome personality but that's not always the case

I ordered an awesome personality and got the last one, that is why so many are miserable on PoF. Sorry, when I die they will return mine to the supply, you got the left over personalities. Maybe you to can have an awesome personality if you re-order in a timely manner.

Interestingly enough, this "boom" in male height appears to be a recent event in human history.

I have read the increase in height is due to the boon in nutrition in women before childbirth and for babies. (which has also caused a boon in obesity) This has nothing to do with evolution, optimum nutrition allows for maximum growth. Now however the USA is falling behind in the critical tallest nation on earth, it is suggested that this pattern might partly be due to differences in dietary habits and partly to a more comprehensive health care. IE, too many big Macs and french fries.

If women really want a taller dating pool, I suggest dating in the Netherlands where the average male height is 3 inches taller than the USA.

Fleuron
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:35:07 AM

You're wrong, it has nothing to do with insecurity, in fact quite the opposite. Taller men are just simply attractive!! =)
If he happens to be not only tall, but a really good guy like my man, bonus:) Don't hate what you can't get hun, lol. Just saying!

Very well said, and I agree completely!

Since when is having physical preferences a sign of insecurity? I feel damn secure knowing what I want in a man.

I experience a lovely physical jolt to my system when I see long sexy muscular man thighs, and I’m sooooo very secure with it….it’s locked into my genetic code. I’m sure there are plenty of women who dig on short men….I’m not one of them.

Really? Women are arguing over what they find sexy in a man??

Goody. More tall men for me.

verygreeneyez
Msg: 126
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:45:54 AM

God I love that ^^^^.

I experience a lovely physical jolt to my system when I see long sexy muscular man thighs, and I’m sooooo very secure with it….it’s locked into my genetic code. I’m sure there are plenty of women who dig on short men….I’m not one of them.

Really? Women are arguing over what they find sexy in a man??

Yep. It was the thighs. Or the beautiful teeth. Both are in my DNA as well.

~OT~ I'm not overly concerned with height because everyone is tall to me. I knew 20 years ago how tall my SO was and he's still that tall. I didn't know in height/inches until a few days ago, the actually measurements that is. I guess when we meet offline, the drop-downs become a tad less important. He'd be considered tall by most standards, but I just consider him a really great guy (stunningly handsome and tall, too, but the great guy comes first, well, after the thigh/teeth check that is.) JMO
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 127
Posted: 9/23/2012 10:44:54 AM
Thank-you ladies! Cheers to being confident about the men we want (and get) =)
 _sunny_skies_darlin_
Msg: 128
Posted: 9/23/2012 11:54:21 AM
(However, we DO have a long history of fetish idolation for the very full, rounded, obese human female figure)

Riiight...lmao. Too funny!
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/27/2012 4:16:43 PM
5'4" to 5'6" is my ideal height for a woman, and pretty much because it's only height looking into me at 5'8"

Does that sound negative? 'Short man' syndrome? Sorry - but about a year ago I surveyed the visible height preferences listed on Match in my area and compared them to the guys. It's not just opinion - at one time I counted it out and had math to back it up - at least the people in my immediate search area.

The Caucasian males in my market area have a median height of 5'9" - so basically for a certain search radius I found out there are as many guys UNDER 5'9" as over.

Ladies at 5'9" and taller are generally considered above-average height. Most of them stick to the 'traditional' preference of a couple inches taller or more - so say 5'10" and taller.
Ladies at 'Middle' heights were generally the same way - maybe a couple inches or more taller at minimum. This would be from 5'4" to 5'8" looking for minimums of 5'6" to 5'10".
Now 'Shorter' ladies would buck that trend to a certain extent. (Ladies at 5'3" or shorter) A large portion of them -perhaps 70% or more - would push their Minimum preference back UP to 5'10". Is THAT a 'security'-based decision? I dunno.

The end result is that MORE than half of the women - probably closer to 70% - listed their Minimum height requirements to be taller than the Men's median height of 5'9". Now that doesn't mean women don't mind guys who are shorter - we all know there are exceptions, but the COMPUTER doesn't. What you plug into your search preferences is what the software is designed to spit back out. It's designed to mix in a few odd guys at random to keep searches from being too one-sided, but if you always are looking for 'taller', you're literally missing half of the guys out there.

BTW - I set my search own preferences at <5 feet to 5' 10".
 _autumn_angel_
Msg: 130
Posted: 9/27/2012 6:01:02 PM
It's not all about the height, either. It just so happened that most of the guys that I've met& dated (inc bf) are all above 6 foot and they're some of the best guys you will ever meet. That's been my experience =)
 missraven1
Msg: 131
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:00:32 PM
I'm surprised that it isn't enough that a whole bunch of disqualifiers are already applied to people, someone goes that one step further and considers height difference a worthwhile topic to post in the forums..and he/she isn't alone in that thinking..Oh boy.
 _autumn_angel_
Msg: 132
Posted: 9/27/2012 9:04:01 PM
It's not worthwhile! Thank-you, lol.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 133
Posted: 9/28/2012 9:14:28 AM
Ideally, the guy would be about 4-6" taller than me. My first husband was about 5'8" and my second was 5"10" and my currently boyfriend is 6'5" ... its a little awkward at times but we manage to make it work.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2012 10:49:50 PM
One issue I do not have an issue with is height. That said, I do have in the back of my mind, small thing that it is, a (knee jerk) prejudice when I see a woman's height listed as, say, 5'2" or shorter. Like I said, knee jerk. In reality, in real life, I do not believe it would be an issue. While I have never had an intimate relationship with a woman taller than myself there was a time in my later 20's when I was getting close to a woman 6" taller. I had already worked it in my wee head how to attempt to kiss a woman for the first time whose pretty pucker was somewhere around my never to recede hairline.

Before we ever got to that point she mentioned in passing that she had a thing about age discrepancies - I weenied out and took her at her word that I was too old. She is still a friend.

TK
[STEPS, just one is all I would have needed]
 DragonBits
Msg: 135
WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 10/1/2012 7:19:05 AM

Noticed that the older I got, the more attractive taller women seemed
(and it takes one over 6 feet to look tall to me)
but I'm still surprised to find that height matter so much -
(someone to look up to, literally?)
But ah - long before I'm 6 feet under, I'll still be 6 feet over.

At this stage in my life, I prefer being on the short side. Easier to be comfortable in airplane seats, I don't bump my head into anything, clothes are cheaper and I don't eat as much food. The older I get the easier it has become to find many attractive women to date and that was the only negative in the past that I would encounter about being short.

But most importantly, studies have indicated short people live longer and have less chronic diseases.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >