Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > worried about my daughters going though puberty      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 5
worried about my daughters going though puberty Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Ya ditto on the talk and help soon. If it takes them by surprise especially their period, it can be a very embarrassing experience for them. That is the last thing you need them to go through. If you don't feel up to it find a female friend, or even make an appointment with your family doctor. It's very important for them to know all of what's coming their way. Everything from the physical changes, emotional changes, and even the changes in the way others will look at them. Best of luck in this, as a father of 2 teenage daughters I know it can be an interesting time to say the least.
 sayonara7
Msg: 6
worried about my daughters going though puberty
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:10:45 AM
Yes, I agree, you never want your dad to know about it, its freaking embarrassing, well you can know but pretend you don't and just get outside FEMALE help.
 gentlepatrick
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 8:19:53 AM
good luck to you, man. actually, i think the advice about the peditrician is pretty good.
 singlemaninMD
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 1:45:15 PM
For those of you with daughters Bless You! I don't know if I could have handled it! LOL! I have a son who is waYYYYYYYYY into the puberty stage at 11. And as another poster stated, you will yank your hair out! This is done in lieu of injuring your child! LOL!

Seriously I think you have gotten great advice. We also got my son a book on his changes as well. He laughed and snickered at first but now he understands a little more. He gets embarrassed when I talk about sex but I do it anyways. The "C" word is used frequently in girl conversations, so I am waiting to buy some of them for him to see, feel, touch and try on. I am certain he will be practicing with them as well! LOL! I just really don't want him to think I am encouraging him. It is very difficult to walk the line of education and endorsement, even though I tell him he should wait until many years later, I get the feeling that by talking about it he thinks I endorse it somehow in his mind. I NEVER got any talks and vowed to make certain my son was understanding of the whole growing up process. It scares me to death to think he could ruin his life with one bad choice.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > worried about my daughters going though puberty