Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fa que
Msg: 224
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I am about to do it .....

WALTS.... you have road rage. (remember the biker you tore a strip into in Hope at the gas station??) Now the Coquihalla...????

Buddy. BREATH...

There
Nice thing done for the day
 Entzauberung
Msg: 225
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?
Posted: 8/29/2009 8:23:07 AM
I concur with fa que's comment to Walts.
Breathe, go catch a fish, and come back at peace.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 226
Posted: 8/29/2009 1:53:04 PM
This afternoon I was coming back into town from a great bike ride at Inland Lake and saw a car stopped at the end of the pavement, facing towards the forest. The woman at the wheel and the man beside her were looking at a map.

I stopped beside them, rolled down the window, and asked if they were lost.

"Yes!" she replied. "Is this the way to Inland Lake?"

So I assured them they were on the right road and gave them some helpful information about the road ahead.

They were happy that I'd stopped, maintaining our good reputation for being a friendly and hospitable town.
 Walts
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 2:01:29 PM

WALTS.... you have road rage.

I do????? Hmmmm,,, I thought I would have had road rage if I actually shoved sparky into the concrete pillars last night as he was going 90 km or the biker from a couple of weekends ago over into the Fraser a half a mile down the canyon. Now THAT I would call road rage!!!! I personally thought I was doing a service in both instances, probably saving a life or two in the very near future, either theirs or some poor innocent driver that is ACTUALLY following the rules of the road. So sorry,,,,my bad. Ah hell, I'm not sorry,,,,even a teeny weeny bit. Nopes.
 little*wing
Msg: 228
Posted: 8/30/2009 7:16:24 PM
Said "yes" when he asked...."should we separate?"
 esp60
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2009 7:28:08 PM
^^^^ that is one i would have really appreciated from my s/o a few years ago before the battles started
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2009 7:58:25 PM
deleted a not so nice post I made the other night
 Stryker_76
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 6:15:56 PM
Amen to what u said, I totally agree with what u said. This site has toughed me up quite a bit and now, I am just blunt and straight to the point. I will show basic courtesy and manners, only if its recriprocated by the other person. I've become cynical and a bit bitter but all in all, atleast I'm stronger now because of this site. To those of you who disagree with me you are entitled to your own opinions, just as I am entitled to mine.
 smartypants24
Msg: 232
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:02:25 PM
Well it was my best friend's birthday recently, and while we don't buy each other gifts at all (we'd rather go do something together to celebrate, and pay for our own expenses while doing so) she usually drives us both around while doing things together, since I don't drive or own a vehicle. She never expects gas money, and is always willing to go out of her way to pick me up. I can never thank her enough, so I decided to spoil her for her birthday. I bought her an array of body products for the bath in a scent I knew she'd like, and a small assortment of quality chocolates. She really appreciated the gesture, since most gifts in her life tend to be more practical, or come as cash so she can buy what she wants...everyone likes to get something special that someone who cares for them picked out IMO...so thats what I did
 Alli_oop
Msg: 233
Posted: 9/7/2009 11:29:59 AM
helped my mom unpack from her move. oh wait, i don't think i had a choice.
 abacusblack
Msg: 234
Posted: 9/7/2009 12:16:15 PM
Balled Eagle.

I think you are over due for a " GOOD GUY AWARD"
 Michey63
Msg: 235
Posted: 9/10/2009 6:36:48 PM
A friend of mine had a very serious problem with her eye and she had to go back to the doctor for an appointment on Tuesday afternoon. We live on the Sunshine Coast so she has to go by ferry for one mode of travel and she was going to take the bus from Sechelt to the ferry. I was going to go visit her Monday afternoon and called to see if she needed anything. She said no but she was going to ask if I could drop her off at the transit bus stop and she was going to travel by transit down some windy roads that would take quite a while, so I offered to drive her all the way there. She said I didn't have to but I insisted, especially because she has always been a very good friend to me and there never has been much that she needed help with. So it made me very happy to be able to give her a comfortable ride and some conversation with a friend on the way down and she really appreciated it as well.
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 236
Posted: 9/11/2009 1:34:47 AM

... TO me it wasn't that big of a deal, but I guess to him it was ...

Lately I've been thinking about this... about how something so simple or even minimal and effortless can change a life forever.
A few days ago I was in the right place and at the right time to catch a senior who inadvertently lost his balance and started toppling sideways towards the coffee table.
In one second, literally, easily and effortlessly, a massive injury was averted. Possibly the loss of a life.
Years ago, in a similar outcome where my then 5 year old daughter was walking close by in a lake, water knee deep to me ... when I look over and I see her "playfully" submerged with her arms up and hands gently waving. I'm thinking she's making great strides in her swimming skills!!
When I see she's "holding her breath too long" I become suspicious, take one step forward, pull her up by the hands (like a grocery bag) and discover that she had actually stepped in a hole and could not get out.
It blows my mind that in one simple, effortless movement I actually saved her life.

I marvel ... and I wonder how often this sort of thing happens all around us?
Reminds me of angels.

MN
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 10:17:01 AM
the other day I received one of those letters, the " I feel kinda thing" .... you now

I wrote back words to the effect "don't try to fix what isn't broke" .... differences of thought or belief are not bad, the values of friendship are respect and loyalty, they are what counts .
But good intentions trying to be nice and reassuring sometimes land on infertile ground...
 MediaNaranja
Msg: 238
Posted: 9/11/2009 6:44:49 PM
!!
Yes, I know exactly what you mean ML!
Yesterday I was in a similar situation with the father of my children... Not that I did anything nice for him recently, aside from giving him a bunch of great kids... lol and that was a long time ago.

I am talking about the communication issue. It baffles me how sometimes we can be soooo immensely misunderstood! It makes me shake my head in disbelief. I still wonder... what could I have done better?

MN
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 239
Posted: 9/12/2009 12:00:56 PM
I guess this is more about being in the right place in the right time. I was walking around the lake with a friend when we heard a crash in the bushes right next to us. The noise came from down a steep embankment close to the water. At first I thought it was an animal but upon investigation, we spotted an elderly man lying on his back with a camera around his neck.

The guy had somehow made it down to the water to photograph the wildlife but fell backwards & couldn't get up even with his cane 'cause he had had a stroke. After checking him over to make sure he hadn't broken anything, we struggled to lift this large man up & get him back up the incline fighting the brambly vines all the way up. His arm was bleeding so I started cleaning up his wounds when I realized that my leg were bleeding too from walking through the thorny vines in shorts & sandals to get him back to the top.

Noone would have seen him from the walking path & there's no way he would have made it up on his own. Our walk around the lake was completely unplanned but I decided I wanted a l'il exercise even though my knee was inflamed from a long hike the previous day. He was somewhat disoriented & when we asked if he had a jacket, bag or backpack down there, he said "No". We decided to walk back through the brambles & check anyway & found his camera bag with a huge, telescopic lens in it. What amazes me is how fate placed us right there at the precise moment he fell.
 Walts
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 12:07:38 PM
I just fed my fish. Hope they don't find out what I did to their cousins last night thou,,,, or I could end up in the doghouse.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 1:07:02 PM

.... It baffles me how sometimes we can be soooo immensely misunderstood!....what could I have done better? - MN-

good question, and many possibilities for all of us in such circumstances

sometimes we try well intended to fix what isn't broke
sometimes we listen too much to our own thoughts and not hear the other
sometimes we hear the other in the way we project not they way they are
sometimes..... its just that

well, sometimes it is just a nice thing to do for another to accept them they way they are and let them know that....
cuz often they like to be changed as little as we do....

ya know, like you are still a pretty cute naranja, no matter how much you like people to experiment with their bodies
 Behindthescenes
Msg: 242
Posted: 9/12/2009 1:14:29 PM
I took my son and we went and did our weekly volunteer work at the S.P.C.A. Lots of fun working with the animals and ultimatly making good LONG lasting matches between the animals and their new loving owners.
 Ghetto.Astronaut
Msg: 243
Posted: 9/15/2009 4:29:38 AM
Bought coffee for homeless person outside Timmys.
 whitetigeress
Msg: 244
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:46:57 AM
I received a Chevron gift certificate of $25 from a raffle. I do not drive so I gave it to my daycare lady's husband. He has been a great husband to her this past year during their personal troubles. Thought he could use a wee break.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 245
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:31:25 AM
Yesterday after was a vehicle courtesy day.

I was about to drive my motorcycle out of my yard and noticed the headlights of my neighbour's van were on. After determining its engine was not running and there was no one home I opened the driver door and switched off the lights and saved them from a dead battery. I told them about it later in the day.

On the way home I'm following a pickup truck that is side-tracking, the rear wheels not tracking behind the front. I followed the van a few blocks off my route home to a driveway and waited until the driver exited the vehicle to advise him it needed at least a wheel alignment. Hopefully a mechanical malfunction will be caught early and save him an expensive repair, tire replacement, or loss of vehicle control.
 cautiousluv
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:53:55 AM
After over-hearing my daughter talk about "John" and "Susan" (a young couple with 2 young kids) not having any money until the first of the month, and how they have been eating nothing but sandwiches, I bought them groceries.
 mo-mo
Msg: 247
Posted: 9/15/2009 3:40:05 PM
stepped away from the keyboard......
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?