Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet-Sunshine
Msg: 26
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I publicly posted in an Alberta thread....my secret crush......

Go Oilers!
 OhShea
Msg: 27
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?
Posted: 4/30/2006 1:28:27 PM

The nicest thing I have done is not say something to someone because of a friendship to another - and i believe in play it forward and what goes around comes around.

^^^ Nice in the short term, but long term maybe not so much. Sometimes you need to honor thyself over all others and just get it all out in the open. Bottling up things is a temporary solution and generally ends up reaching a boiling point until you can no longer hide it, whether you want to or not.

OT: I found my adopted cat's former roommate up for adoption again and have offered to give her a permanent home as soon as I move. She needs a good home with lots of love, care and attention... I know I can provide an environment she will thrive in.
 Bella™
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/30/2006 1:58:03 PM
Sometimes you need to honor thyself over all others...AND...bottling up things is a temporary solution and generally ends up reaching a boiling point until you can no longer hide it

I very much agree with these statements Shea. I've felt the need to bottle things up with certain individuals for far too long, and have now just started putting my feelings first. It feels pretty good so I guess that the nicest things I've done lately; something for me.

I also recently helped out an elderly gentleman in a department store. He was trying to find a salesperson who could help him find a particular shirt. I had the sales person paged, and when they didn't show, I hung out with him and helped him pick out a shirt myself. I found one that matched his eyes, and told him that it made him look 10 yrs younger.

That was fun, and the smile on his face was priceless.
 lactosetolerant
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/30/2006 3:15:11 PM
I think that sometimes we forget that the charity of doing for others is paid back to us in the warmest of feelings... our own self worth!, which I believe takes a chit kicking on a regular basis. A good deed should only be done for the sake of the good deed, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with feeling good about it afterward.
 D A I S Y
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/30/2006 5:41:28 PM
I have spent the last few months doing nothing but nice things for others. Funny when you are a Type A personality at work you are still a Type A when not working.

I need to learn to do nice things for myself. What is the last nice thing you did for yourself?
 Sweet-Sunshine
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/30/2006 5:44:03 PM
^^^^^that is so true!

Nice thing for myself?????

Can't remember......wow....that sucks!
 Musician17
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2006 6:17:34 PM
Last time I went over the Coquihalla Highway going from Kamloops to Vancouver I paid the $10 Toll for me and the three cars behind me....

Karma...y'know?
 Country Angel
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/30/2006 8:53:39 PM
Last Christmas my family was together for our usual dinner on Christmas Eve. A good g/f of mine (same age) has lost both her parents and doesn't have any family close by. I invited her for Christmas dinner, but she refused stating she would be working that evening shift. I put together a Christmas dinner for her, complete with desert and rib bones for her 3 dogs (her children - she would be sharing her dinner with them anyway), a gift certificate for her to get a pedicure (just finished her nursing education), and left it on her door step on my way home Christmas Eve night. She very much appreciated it.... as I knew she would.
 carmanah
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:35:10 PM
Landscaped the front yard of my friend's landlord - a perfect stranger. Had to bring in a truck load of hand picked granite for a border around the entire garden but it was well worth it - it looked great. It was kind of neat when he and his wife suddenly noticed it a few days later.
 bcboy72
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:39:04 PM
I guess the latest nice thing I did, was go over to Meekas yesterday and help rid her of all that unwanted beer she was packing with her in the moving van...

Dinner was a blast as well...thanks for all the laughs..and Meeks...thanks for not beating up Brad again.
 halokitty
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:40:38 PM
Uhm...last nice thing.

Isn't it sad when you can't think of anything?
 Piscean48
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:42:51 PM
When to pick up Halo on a bad night, and got her lost in North Van, and watched train jumpers...
 halokitty
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:43:44 PM
piscean, have you been a bad girl since then?! That was quite a while ago. We gotta do it again sometime. lol

Train jumpers...oh that was a blast. :)
 Must_Love_Dogz
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/1/2006 8:44:03 PM
I was at Timmy's this morning and an old man of questionable means was begging the hostess for coffee. I jumped in and paid for his coffee along with my own. Actually I think the good deed was for the hostess cause she looked pretty grateful.
 _þîérçêd4play™
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/1/2006 9:22:06 PM
Took my kiddies out to the park and played with them,doesnt take much to make them happy but the reward comes back ten fold.

_þîérçêd4play™
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/1/2006 9:22:23 PM
*edit*
 Sweet-Sunshine
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/1/2006 9:48:30 PM
had someone... text me a whole verse of :

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine"

think that was the nicest thing someone did for me recently.....still smiling when I think of the grey skies part...
 happydaddy
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/1/2006 10:58:39 PM
My darlin' always brings me home chocolate and and and then I always eat her uuu..oops alwaays eat the chocolate off her bodd...oops I mean,she taste so sweet and and and so does the chocolate...
 K3VLAR
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/1/2006 11:30:08 PM
I ruined plans for me and my gf to go to mexico for a week

BUT....

I got a job working at Camp Squamish for the summer, and with the money I get from that, I'll buy a trip for us to see the Mayan Ruins during our winter break from school.
 WarmCuddly
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 2:27:49 AM
I decided years ago that I would do something nice for somebody or at least put a smile on someones face everyday. So I honestly would have a very long list.
 Vancouverette
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/11/2006 8:44:09 AM
ok.. I'm drawing a blank!
 Islandsugar
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:06:57 AM
Well I would say, watching my daughter enter online to win tickets to Hillary Duff. My daughter would never ever ask for anything as extravigant as that, she just isnt like that. So after a couple months of her browsing and entering and saying not much of anything to anyone, I found some tickets, scooped em up and ran with em.. I wrapped the tickets in 6 boxes... the biggest being an enormous big tv box! and the smallest being a little mint box. The big one had rocks in it so it was heavy, and the box sat in the living room untill Xmas morning. The anticipation of what was inside was killing her... Going over it in her head all of the things it could be, would be, might be. Xmas morning... shes tearin through the wrapping paper as the boxes got smaller and smaller... you can tell shes kinda like WTF mom! She opens the last one and sees 2 thin pieces of paper... looks at me, confused, looks back and reads whats on them. Well she almost hit the roof!... Not only did she get to go, she got to go with 3 other girls, we snuck right up to the stage, and the girls brought home a drumstick from the show and my daughter came home with the hoodie, the sweatband, the signed picture and all...During the show she was totally her own person, rockin out to the music in her own way and it was amazing to watch her in awe... first concert and it was packed with screeching little girls LMAO It was so great to see her smile like that, and be so thankful for something she thought she wouldnt get to do, something she will remember for the rest of her life. I would do it anytime for anyone... smiles are so worth it.
 lactosetolerant
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:15:38 AM
I took my daughter to that nightmare too IslandSugar....lol I can still hear the screaming.. make it stop. I also had a date night with her last weekend because her brother was doing a sleep over... you should have seen her face when I asked her if she would accompany me on a dinner date followed with a drink (root beer) and a movie (March of the penguins...awesome btw). That little 9 yr old was glowing (so was Dad but don't tell anyone)
 Islandsugar
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:18:55 AM
Awww... what a sweet daddy U are babe... yes I still am having tylenol flashbacks from the event. LOL
 Draxx
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:29:53 AM
I left my ex.....................now that's being considerate...........oh wait that was a nice thing i did for me....sorry.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?