Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sir Raffarott
Msg: 76
view profile
History
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
hmmmm....let me think.....hmmmm?

geez, i can't remember.
 EmASea
Msg: 77
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?
Posted: 8/7/2007 3:59:49 PM
Made them breakfast, washed their clothes, picked up their friends for a play day, made them lunch, bought them speical cookies for their afternoon tea.... parents are always doing something for someone else!!!

Oh you mean, like above and beyond the call of duty??????

I held the door to the bakery open for an elderly woman who had a walker - just an hour ago! Life would be pretty awful if I just put my head down and ignored the rest of the people living on this earth with me - wouldn't it!
 Tyeee
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/7/2007 8:03:55 PM
A friend, an elderly widower, who thanks to a recent accident, has pretty much lost use of his arms and hands. Thankfully he can use a computer with assistive technology. He is intelligent, charming, engaging, has lots of great experiences, and stories to share. Never a dull moment.

Alas his social life if thin. I do what I can as time permits, include him in card games, etc. Yes he can play cards. I made him a card holder board and he has just enough dexterity to play the card... and sometimes he wins too.

In my opinion he doesn't get the attention he deserves from family. I checked with the local volunteer organization to see if there was anyone that might want to visit him socially, or take him out for walks along the beach and feed the squirrels (one of his favourite activities). I was happy to hear there was such a program in place.

I was shocked that nobody had brought this to his attention before. He should have already been in the community health system for this. So after I got his approval it was set up. On calling him tonight I learned he had his first social visit from a volunteer today and all went well.

Tyeee
 RobsonStreet
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/8/2007 9:39:48 AM
I gave several huge garbage bags of extra clothes and computer stuff to the Salvation Army. Does that count? If not, I gave some money to a quivering homeless guy downtown. When I found my current opportunity, I promised myself (and God - not a holy roller, but do believe in a higher power) that I would share the wealth.

J
 earthyartist
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/8/2007 8:52:23 PM
Oddly, I get more of a rush from doing random things for strangers more than I like to do things for people I know. It's not that I wouldn't help friends, but I feel the needy need more - if that makes any sense. It is not unusual for me to take homeless people out for dinner from time to time, or buy a chocolate bar for the unknown woman crying at the bus stop, or secretly buy the meal for the single mom at a nearby table who was asking the price of every combination of possibly splittable food on her sons birthday. I can't do it all the time - but I do get moods where it's something I need to do when I have the resources or time. I think it's important to care for humanity as a whole - not just the humans we like. Sometimes kindness can be as simple as hearing somebody's tale or giving them some sort of attention that leaves them with a feeling that the world isn't as cold as one may think.
 misseyes
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/8/2007 9:17:37 PM
I called my grandma to tell her that I love her. She may not have realized it was me at first but once she did, she told me that it was the nicest thing anyone has said to her all day. Grandma has alzheimers and doesn't remember much anymore but she does eventually know the sound of my voice and for me, that beats everything.
 kev0469
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 9:36:58 PM
Today helped an elderly couple lift the awning they just
purchased into their truck and later carried a neighbours
shopping bags for her.It does make the day better,mine
and theirs.So all is good.

Kev
 dudelater
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 9:39:28 PM
We gave a gift, birthday, to someone I knew, but they did not expect.
It lifted them and thats cool.
Made me feel ok.

Random acts of kindness are fun. we should all do more.

R
 samadongshi2
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/8/2007 9:44:21 PM
totally agree with u ^^^^^

mmm supported someone's nicotine habit.
bought some tobacco and divided them up for everyone to share.
It was cheap like borscht soooooooo thought i won't miss the money and pple r nic fitting out... i know contributing to their habit but it's the thought that counts........ right?

I don't usually buy smokes for my clients but since i washed another guys smokes today i had to replace them and thought what the hell i am buying smokes so y not go a little further to make other pple feel appreciated.
 Gordasitgets
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:00:57 PM
I put a penny at the end of a dock, and eventually this lead to a girl becoming curious about it so she went to pick it up. That is when her brother had the chance to push her into the lake, which he then did.

In short... I made his wish come true.
 *brneyeslostmind*
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:20:44 PM
My daughter's friend(14 yr old girl)tried to make her naturally dark hair bleach blonde but ended up with carrot orange...silly girl. Last night while shopping I picked up a dye kit, called her mom to explain she didn't need to worry about paying for it, then had the girl spend the night so I could fix the mess.
 JMars
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/8/2007 11:23:33 PM
My neighbour locked her keys in her house on the way out, had all of her kids with her, had to go pick up her husband and just a mess of things. So, I climbed up to the second story, jimmied the window open and "saved the day".

I had some difficulty getting the window open. My son was watchning and he was like, "hey dad, if you can't open the window how are you gonna to get down?".

"Good question son. I hadn't thought that far ahead."

But alls well that ends well.
 Vicdude
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/9/2007 6:10:59 PM
Yesterday I bought a bag o' cookies and some Wine Gums (mmmm, Wine Gums) to share with my friends.
 beanerbabe
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/9/2007 6:59:09 PM
When i was in Emergency the other night....feeling like crap...wanting to puke ..etc etc. There was a lady behind me with a little girl who was ill too. I let them go ahead of me.
I'm an adult and a mom. KIDs always come first...
 Dizzabella
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/10/2007 12:04:14 AM
The other day, I helped some little hoodlums
raid the cherry tree in my yard.
 Tyeee
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/10/2007 12:57:25 AM
I noticed a POF fishie that appeared to be in my town, Powell River, yet curiously in a province other than BC. I'm fairly certain there is only one town by that name, and only in BC, unlike Vancouver, BC and Vancouver, WA, or London, ON and London, UK. I googled just to sure so I wouldn't look like an idiot. Yep, I was right.

So I sent a message to the fishie, used a bit of humour, certainly nothing disrespectful or critical, and kindly brought it to her attention. I checked my Sent Messages a while later, saw the message and been read and deleted. I also noticed that her profile now correctly identified the province, confirming that indeed she'd made an error. I was happy that I'd spotted it for her and helped the fishie fix a wee error.

Did I get a message of acknowledgment or a simple "thank you"? Nope, not a thing. Its folks like that which contribute to the demise of common courtesy and chivalry.

I suspect that the next time a knight on a white horse comes riding in her direction it will be only for the fine steed to lift his mighty tail and vent his intestinal gas buildup, sort of like we saw in that wonderfully funny Budweiser commercial for a football series a few years ago.

Will I let her rudeness dissuade me from continuing to hold open a door for total strangers, or offering to help people put their packages in their cars when they have an infant in their arms,or otherwise be a courteous and helpful, as I'm prone to do? Not a chance!

Tyeee
 Gordasitgets
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 11:32:11 PM
Well that sounds better than when I messaged one girl on POF. I politely recommended that she try using some pictures with lower contrast so that people could have a nice picture to see what she looks like, because they were fairly bad, but she responded with, "**** you. I'm not here to please you."
 Kazoo
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2007 1:00:37 AM
Sent a letter of encouragement to a person who has been fighting the good fight against one of those world-wide religious cults on behalf of all of us. You know the type of cult that goes after those who feel that they didn't get enough love/support from family and fills the void in exchange for a portion of the person's wages.
 brassy brunette
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/12/2007 6:48:56 AM
I found a "bank" card on the street, in front of the bank machine. I picked it up and brought it into the nearest local bank (before the bank openeed) and got the bank people to take possession of the card, by sliding it under the bank bifold doors :)
 TheFlyingPig
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2007 9:58:48 AM
I like this thread as it should remind us to BE NICE and do random acts of kindness (loved that movie Pay it Forward)

Today I will not be a pig and remember to do nice things.

OT I have been trying to "slow down" and remember that we all have feelings and one of the best is when someone just smiles at us... TRY IT, guaranteed you will feel good about yourself and your fellow humans
 cerealkiller
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/18/2007 1:34:22 PM

OT I have been trying to "slow down" and remember that we all have feelings and one of the best is when someone just smiles at us...

...when a stranger smiles at me I am more inclined to wonder how long they have been off of their meds for...

but then again...I held my dog back today when the Saturday 'visitors' rang the doorbell and I opened the door...that's about as nice as it gets in my world
 TheFlyingPig
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2007 2:26:03 PM
I talk a good game.... just got back from traversing Trans Canada Highway.... Screw being nice... LEARN HOW TO DRIVE YOU MORONS
 oneinamillion27
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:25:43 PM
I left HIM! .................. He was grinning from ear to ear
 Hazel 53
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:40:29 PM
What was this thread about again?...Oh yeah...doing something nice....I bought lunch for a down and out buddy and talked about paying him to do some work around my house.....his eyes lit up and the grin was something to behold....I will dream about that image tonight and wake up smiling.....a win win situation.
 offroadinzx3
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/18/2007 9:06:54 PM
i do some act of kindness everyday do to my work, as well as let that driver in front of me whos lights have been signalling for ever; i am polite to every stranger i meet as well as the mother with the kids in hand having a hard time managing a door, or the elderly in front of me, im patient with them and i try to teach my daughter these things too. GOOD MANNERS never hurt a soul :)
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?