Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pathfinder49
Msg: 126
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Simona......Also, "do not abstain from meeting together as some do. Meet for the purpose of encouraging, lifting up, and the building up of one another."
We meet and share for the encouragement of each other, not to blow our own horn, or look for credit. To remind each other that there is still good in the world. If we hide all our good what is God going to work with?
Don't you find it encouraging to read that funnynsweet48 helps a dieing man and his daughter? That she bought them a little something special for Valentine Day? I'm sure the angels are singing, why aren't you? Would you also condemn me for sitting on the sidewalk to talk to, and encourage, a sick drug addict to accept that some people still care and try to get her/him to go into a recovery house? Or being seen to do this maybe I ought to drag them into a dark corner so no one sees what I am doing? No baby! Evil lives in darkness, God's works shine forth and rise up for all to see ........AMEN!!!
There are several other scriptures that tell us to "let the works of God be seen to be done," Being seen is what encourages others and instills hope.
You in fact are rebellious by witholding what God gives you so it cannot minister to others, and causing dissention.
That is also why Jesus said, "not to become religious like some do, for religion dries up the bones."
Let the works that God does in your life be broacast from the mountain tops, don't hide them in your closet. That honors both God and man.
 pathfinder49
Msg: 127
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?
Posted: 2/18/2008 2:39:39 PM
When it comes to modesty and humility Simona, what about that paint on tiger suit? You are a beautiful woman, shouldn't you be wearing the beauty much more modestly if you are going to minister correcting others??
WOW>>>THAT IS SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wanna party? You can be the lioness and I'll be the teddy bear.......LOL
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:31:20 PM
^^^ way to go bud what wonderful thing you did for yourself

my bet is on YOU not getting Simona out to party....

but then stranger things may have happened on POF, WTF do I know
 mcwannabe
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:56:17 PM
A good friend of mine had an accident in November and is just getting back on her feet. By the weekend she is going nuts being house-bound, so the two of us get together, go for have lunch, putz around in the garden centre, thrift shop, second hand book store, wherever she needs/wants to go and laugh ourselves silly. It gives her husband a break and usually by then, she needs to talk to someone who can relate to what she is going thru. At Christmas time, I took her to the Mall, had her give me ideas for gifts, made lists for her father, mother-in-law, son and an appointment for her husband at her favorite store to pick from a pile of clothes she had chosen. Since I work in the Medical field, I also took her to the equipment rental outlet to be fitted for a wheelchair & cushion, walker and helped her pick out two canes for when she graduates to that stuff. I know her husband appreciates it and it helps her to blow off steam, as he would wrap her in cotton batting and then bubble wrap her if she stayed still long enough!
 -SIMONA-
Msg: 130
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:56:24 PM
Now, monkey694u you give me the opportunity(may God bless you for that)
To remind each other that there is still good in the world...and to named some "fishes"
I have the honor to know, who spend countless hours on the streets of Vancouver and many many other ways- to bring food,warm clothes,blankets, and a simple hug of hope and love to those hundreds of Someones -homeless,hungry and hopeless!
mb 728
Valtart
incognito Guido
Sweet Sunshine
gon_fishin
thumper
*Splendid*
ohdriver
The Flying Pig
tizzabelle
BonnieB
Dame Chievious
Alien sicret
and many many more who left the pond...

"let the works of God be seen to be done," Being seen is what encourages others and instills hope...
- So I let....

And may God bless all of you!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^AMEN!!!
 surrey_male
Msg: 131
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:21:23 PM
It appears there are many people on this site who do some extremely nice things for strangers but don't feel a need for any kind of recognition.

My hat goes off to all of them.

Charity with humility is one of the greatest virtues of all.
 punem264
Msg: 132
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:22:50 PM
The Hebrew name for doing a good deed, is called a "Mitzvah"
 ohdriver
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:54:33 PM
ÇØÜNTRŸPËÃÇH
Joe_CDN
WesternRose
 ohdriver
Msg: 134
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:57:48 PM
-SIMONA-
xoxox
xoxox
 *Splendid*
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:58:19 PM
Oh Driver...

For filling our hearts and ears with his music...
Thank you kind sir.
 * L *
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 11:00:44 PM
Bella
Bulldog
knottttyboy
Curly
Fairy eyes
Old Brit git
Ms J
Draxxila
sg angel

thank you Simona for helping those do nice things for others
 pathfinder49
Msg: 137
Posted: 2/19/2008 1:43:32 AM
Yes Simona,
There is still a lot of good in this world. As you see in the above your commend and acknowledgement has light up this page and that is good.
As you can see there are abviously a lot of good people right here in the old fishpond. God is alive and well. Even if people don't believe in him, he believes in them.
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 138
Posted: 2/19/2008 7:13:02 AM
monkey694u: Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom & a big AMEN to that.

Simona: My church has a 'Random Acts of Kindness' thread on their bulletin board & our pastor has asked everyone to do at least one good deed a week & post it on there, not for the purpose of bragging or pride but to encourage others to get off their selfish butts & do something for others for a change. Some people are clueless as to what they can do to help, so reading about the simple but meaningful things others are doing, often without even spending any money, gives them ideas of what they themselves can do.

That is also why Jesus said, "not to become religious like some do, for religion dries up the bones."

'Religion' & 'Religious' are considered bad words as it's too much like being part of a cult. Rather, we are encouraged to develop a personal relationship with Jesus & live our lives as He did, which includes all the good deeds many of the fishes in this pond are doing for those less fortunate than ourselves.

"fishes" ... who spend countless hours on the streets of Vancouver and many many other ways- to bring food, warm clothes, blankets, and a simple hug of hope and love

If anyone in the Tricities area is interested in going downtown on a Sunday afternoon to do all of the above (approx. 12:15 - 5 pm), please message me. If you have a qualified licence to drive a 15 passenger van pulling a trailer, message me too.
 valleyjavastop
Msg: 139
Posted: 2/19/2008 1:03:16 PM
.......one cool morning after jokeing about his hat ...i tossed a young man walking down the street a took ... he put it on once i went out of sight around the corner..

but even nicer .......I stayed off the forums all day monday
 pathfinder49
Msg: 140
Posted: 2/19/2008 3:43:04 PM
Sounds good funnyandsweet
Unfortunately my church deosn't get out till after 12, lter if we have a social time.
otherwise can drive yr van to. Good luck and God bless all your efforts.

Brian
 FRÊCKLËS~JÕ~®
Msg: 141
Posted: 8/24/2008 10:23:28 PM
took them for a picnic up Seymor Mntn for his birthday...Yesterday
he's a mntn man.. n the bright light's of the city scare him...
happy birthday... u know who...

spent time with another fishy friend this weekend also... who's having a tough time with all the STRESS that life throw's our way...cheer's my dear friend...life is ment to be lived each n every day...

livingroomlegend
Msg: 142
Posted: 8/29/2008 9:45:49 PM
Today, someone did something nice for me! Had a slow leak in my front tyre on my bike.......went to a new shop at the advice of a friend...the fellow spent an hour and a half ,totally took it apart,cleaned the rim spotless, and put it back on ....for no charge! free! and gave me a beer........new friend and safe bike! yyaaayyyyy
 *RINGS
Msg: 143
 whitetigeress
Msg: 144
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:27:52 AM
it would be yesterday, my son was with me as i frantically tied off loose ends before school
in front of us was an elderly lady who dropped her bag and everything spilled out
she struggled to grab her things
i scooted over to help her
funny thing is
my son was scooting over as well
it became a race to see who would help her first
 Pantherrrrr642001
Msg: 145
Posted: 8/30/2008 11:15:57 AM
I didn't do this as I was at work but since you don't hear much about teens doing anything much I wanted to post this.
My son (wee 6'3", 15yr old sloth that he usually is) was home yesterday and cleaned my ENTIRE freaking house. OMG it was spotless when I got home! "Just cuz" he said ... "no reason."
 Phuqd
Msg: 146
Posted: 8/30/2008 11:18:30 AM
^^^
I think it is time you got suspicious.
 Runs With Wolves
Msg: 147
Posted: 8/30/2008 11:53:37 AM
I sprinkled some of her favorite oils into the airconditioning vent because I could…

I went for a walk with her and treated her to her favorite icecream…..she was reminded of things she took for granted for having tasted it once before…

I took her to her favorite bookstore and challenged her to find the book she was always looking for ( she forgot the title of the book) …..and bought it for her…. she didn’t stop smiling for the rest of the day.

I told her I cared for her and wished her the best in her new job. We set a dinner date with flowers and gifts only because I wanted to ….

I told her her life was beautiful and reminded her of the events that led her here……
 mo-mo
Msg: 148
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:14:29 PM
I kept my mouth shut.....

Hard to believe I know !!
 * L *
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:41:27 PM
^^ I listened to her keep her mouth shut....
and prayed for her during this time
 Bella™
Msg: 150
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:39:41 PM
^^^^ I've heard what she's not saying .. and kept my mouth shut too ..

I bought a 4 dr vehicle so that my parents don't have to crawl in and out of a cramped back seat anymore every time I take them somewhere

Edit: Goddess, now you can just take it one step further for yourself ..and come visit your sistas!! (((hugs)))
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?