Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Redneck Woman..
Msg: 151
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^^^^ yup its deff time for a reunion ....I think i still have my red "pof sista" shirt hangin around .

I did a great thing for myself......I opened my eyes to an unhealthy relationship , and walked away holding my head high , knowing i did the best i could
 WesternRose
Msg: 152
What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?
Posted: 8/30/2008 4:12:51 PM
I saw two lost looking tourist types. a few days ago.... I slowed down the van...but...anyhow...drove around the block....parked...went back an offered assistance....they were so lost and far from their destination. I offered them my phone to call their party.... no one to call it turns out.
So.. I found out where they were headed....a bit out of my way...but I packed them up in the mommyvan...and dropped them off at their house exchange location.
That was the second set of tourists I stopped to help that day.

I know that I would want to be rescued if I was travelling abroad and was not so familiar with the language.

I hate to see pple running for a bus...so I usually stop and offer pple a ride to the next bus stop or if they are going my way to drop them off.
 thegoldigger
Msg: 153
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:37:12 PM
I had my doorbell ring late the other night and thinking it was my buddy I went down in my housecoat, slippers and red jammies. It turned out to be one of the other people who live in the house I do. She asked if I could help her with her car, she needed a boost and she was on a break from work.
So I got my cables out and drove down the block to where her car had ended up after she tried to push start it and got her on her way.

That happened a few weeks ago downtown with another guy who said a tow company was going to charge $50. It was a short bit of time out of my day and it certainly helped him out.

Cheers
 Xavery
Msg: 154
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:12:32 PM
I don't really like noisy kids when I am shopping and when I went to Staples recently the place was flooded with them. EGAD. I heard this little girl saying that she couldn't see her mother to her little brother and then she said I am scared. They ran about the store at a frantic pace, but I caught up with them and said hey you can't you find your mom, I can take you to someone who can make announcement to find her. And you guessed it, the kiddies lived happily ever after. So, I guess I am not that bad after all.
 XHTML
Msg: 155
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:16:46 PM
Last week, late one evening I get a call from a friend has to work the next morning. She has left her vehicle 's interior light on and the battery is dead. "Have you got jumper cables."

I bring requested cables but also bring battery charger. Am able to just barely squeeze my vehicle close enough to hers (it really does make good sense to back in to your driveway folks). Jumpers got her rig started. Good news.

Then I hooked up the charger to charge the battery overnight. One damsel saved from distress.

Next afternoon another friend calls. She is on duty, is locked out of her vehicle, asks for ride home for spare key and back to vehicle so she can get to her next assignment.

Once again the knight saves a damsel from distress.

I should register with BCAA
 Pantherrrrr642001
Msg: 156
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:32:35 PM
^^^ and yet you choose to hang out in here looking for a date? LOL
 XHTML
Msg: 157
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:37:33 PM
Ah yes, Panther, there is a difference between friends and dates.
 WesternRose
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:14:08 AM
Onchy...babe...can I call you Babe, babe?....
well..Babe... you can 'Jump Me' anytime Babe....

ahhhhhhhhhhh gosh....some day my Prince shall arrive.... with his battery charger in hand....a girl can only dream... ....

...okay..back to the Pond......
 XHTML
Msg: 159
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:10:31 AM
WR

Onchy...babe...can I call you Babe, babe?....
well..Babe... you can 'Jump Me' anytime Babe....

ahhhhhhhhhhh gosh....some day my Prince shall arrive.... with his battery charger in hand....a girl can only dream..

Thanks for a wonderful chuckle to start my day.

I just realized I left myself wide open with describing the second good deed and you missed that opportunity. I gave that damsel a "ride". You must have been tired.
 bonnster
Msg: 160
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:40:39 AM
I took my nine year old daughter and her friend out for chinese food and gave our "doggie bag" to a homeless person.
 bugse
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:41:18 PM
teenager + clean house,
I would be suspicious!
"O)
 Laughing Mermaid
Msg: 162
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:00:48 PM
Most recently: Last week, I house sat for a friend when she went camping with her daughter. I cleaned the fridge. I figured a single mom with two jobs, going to school and has a teenage daughter - finding the time to clean the fridge would be low on her priority list.
 XHTML
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/31/2008 5:18:39 PM
Laughing Mermaid

I cleaned the fridge.

Does that every strike a chord with me! I hurt my shoulder mid-summer and soon thereafter when I had some people over I'd put a few cans of pop in the fridge. The temperature control knob is in silly location, prone to getting bumped.

Sure enough a can of Coke froze in the middle of the night, the explosion woke me.
What a mess there is in my fridge!

The shoulder injury makes it very difficult for me to clean it... and so the mess waits.

A good Samaritan armed with bucket and soap and water (which I would happily supply) would be very welcome.
 ladyred1969
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/31/2008 9:26:44 PM
I was able to help a lady who was beinging beaten by her boyfriend .
 Twila64
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:30:20 AM
Fed them,I have done other nice things but they become irrelavent compared to basic need.I have shared my resources to feed hungry teens while they eat I give them imformation about about where to find their next meal / shelter,I have looks of surviving in Nanaimo guides which cover basic need issues clothing /shelter/food. I hand them out to anyone who requires the imfo.I believe in the old saying give a man a fish and he eats fopr a day teach a man to fish and he eats for life. I would also like to add that in my life I have been blessed many times over by a kind acts done for me.....I cannot list them all . I'm trying to live my life in a pay it forward fashion.Hoping someday to catch up with all the blessings which have been laid at my feet.
 wind chimez
Msg: 168
Posted: 9/7/2008 11:55:01 AM
Take my neighbours' dog out for a walk/run frequently.

Due to health problems she can't do much exercise so pooch gives me a good work out and I have someone who listens to me when a talk and is non-judgemental. It works out fine all around.
 *Splendid*
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:36:48 PM
I resisted posting how I really feel about all of you and your
silly whiny posts and threads to spare you all my complete
and utterly unbridled rage and deep felt disdain....................

You can all thank me another time....
 wind chimez
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:39:27 PM
Guess who will be having to sleep in the rainbow van all alone
 XHTML
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/30/2008 5:46:53 PM
While coming out of Safeway I noticed an SUV starting to exit the parking spot, with a 4-litre jug of milk sitting on roof, apparently forgotten by the man behind the wheel.

I managed to flag him down and as he rolled to a stop I walked over. As he rolled down the window I reached up to the roof and handed him his milk.
 BonnieB
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2008 9:21:46 PM
^^^^ Where were you when I lost my coffee that way this morning??

My daughter's skirt for her Halloween costume was REALLY short... she was very uncomfortable with it but had no other option... I went out and found a longer skirt for her today and now she thinks that I'm the BEST MOM in the whole world..

Ha! and she thinks I did it for her..
 mcwannabe
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2008 7:35:18 PM
I work in a care facility and I'm taking one of the residents out for ice cream tomorrow; he is an absolute sweetheart. His wife was with us until her passing in the spring; an absolutely adorable couple. He takes a walk every morning and goes for ice cream each afternoon. Since the forecast is for rain tomorrow, I asked if he would like a ride instead. When we get to DQ, I am going to treat him to his favorite ice cream ...peanut buster parfait!
 ladylovebc
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2008 10:26:49 PM
The latest nice thing we did?

Well you know all those McDonalds game pieces? Half of them are for food items and we ended up accumulating quite a few... then one day I gave them out to several homeless people I often see on my way to work downtown making sure they each got enough for a hot meal...

One girl in particular who looked very cold seemed very touched by the idea of having some hot food and being able to eat... her whole face brightened when I gave the little coupons to her and that alone made it all worth it...

~ladylovebc~
 Fa que
Msg: 175
Posted: 6/29/2009 7:14:03 AM
Left them alone....
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What's the latest nice thing you did for someone?