Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Debstef
Msg: 57
view profile
History
do men without kids date woman who have them?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Why are you bothering to question these men, they are cleary not good enough for you.
 tsukasa1992
Msg: 58
do men without kids date woman who have them?
Posted: 1/9/2012 11:16:26 AM
i dont see why a men would not date a women with kids i mean , kids are awesome but it can be dificult i myself wouldnt mind a gf with a kid
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2012 1:54:53 PM
Any one who thinks anything is more important or more of a priority than a parents child is delusional

If this is the way you think, then you really shouldn't be dating.......

I've said this in other threads and I'll say it here......if you never intend for your mate to have an equal place in your family you will never have a balanced relationship, and it will be doomed to failure.

I place just as much priority on my GF and her kids as I do my own, and she does the same for me and mine. That is the only way a blended family has any way of working.

Its the same reason why I despise the "my kid comes first" statement in so many profiles.....If your kids come first, it means me and my kids will come second, or third, or fourth, and I won't accept that.

There has to be balance. For there to be balance, there has to be some form of equality in the family, and that means having an expectation up front that you treat a mate (and their kids) with similar respect and importance as your kids.

And no...I'm not saying you dump your kids for your mate, as all good parents have responsibilties to their kids. I am saying that you have discretion in the relationship and don't let your kids rule your life day by day. Take the needs of your mate as seriously as those of your kids.........
 siks6
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/9/2012 2:28:21 PM
^^^Agreed completely, as I stated also, that I do the same with my boy, hence why I do not date or relationships. I know it wouldn't be healthy as I dedicate all my time for my son, and he will always come first. And seeing how it would be like in the other person's shoes, it would not be fair to either of us. You have to look at it realistically, if you truly do put your child first.
 Damienevil
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/9/2012 2:41:11 PM
Some guys do and some guys do not.

I will not because I do not like spending money on People who are not friends or my direct blood line. There are also other things that come to mind about single parents that I have seen to be true in a majority of the cases. Most of them should not be dating anyone. They should be focused entirely on the child to fix most of the kids issues.
 Damienevil
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/9/2012 2:42:31 PM
I should point out this has more to do with younger single moms then older single moms. Huge difference between a single mom at like 30+ vs a single mom who is 23.

It also matters how old the kid was when seperation happened.
 Tealwood
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/9/2012 3:38:14 PM

Why are you bothering to question these men, they are cleary not good enough for you.

And equally then comes the suggestion that from some perspectives.....woman with children can easily be viewed in the same manner...Not good enough.....or having to many complications...to many issues or too much baggage...clearly....one has the right to make the choice what they will desire...as opposed to what for some might be settling for less...defined by the single mother with children and no job?
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >