Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Homemade Kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justjazz
Msg: 19
Homemade KidsPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
They are taking advantage of the system no matter how long they are on it. Hell...I wanna stay home and be with my kids and spend "quality time" but Im not going to sponge off my neighbors just so I can do what I choose.
 justjazz
Msg: 29
Homemade Kids
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:07:24 AM
Wow....how did we get from parents staying at home to child abuse????

Child maltreatment is the general term used to describe all forms of child abuse and neglect. There is no one commonly accepted definition of "child abuse and neglect." The federal government defines child abuse and neglect in the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act as "the physical and mental injury, sexual abuse, negligent treatment, or maltreatment of a child under the age of 18 by a person who is responsible for the child’s welfare under circumstances which indicate that the child’s health or welfare is harmed or threatened." Each state provides its own definition of child abuse and neglect. Child maltreatment encompasses physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect and emotional abuse, which can be defined as follows:

* Physical Abuse

Nonaccidental physical injury as a result of caretaker acts. Physical abuse frequently
includes shaking, slapping, punching, beating, kicking, biting and burning.

* Sexual Abuse

Involvement of dependent, developmentally immature children and adolescents in sexual activities which they do not fully comprehend and to which they are unable to give informed consent. Sexual abuse includes touching, fondling and penetration.

* Neglect

Failure of caretakers to provide for a child’s fundamental needs. Although neglect can include children’s necessary emotional needs, neglect typically concerns adequate food, housing, clothing, medical care and education

* Emotional / Psychological Abuse

The habitual verbal harassment of a child by disparagement, criticism, threat and ridicule. Emotional or psychological abuse includes behavior that threatens or intimidates a child. It includes threats, name calling, belittling and shaming.

These are the actual definitions.....pretty scary I think
 justjazz
Msg: 33
Homemade Kids
Posted: 5/10/2006 6:25:29 AM
WOW, wow and WOWWW....such underlying bitterness! I hope you find peace somewhere , somehow, some day!

My primary care provider told me, in no uncertain terms, that if I did not go to welfare and apply for medical that they would consider my lack of getting physicals and shots as abuse and they would take it up with the Child Abuse Srevices

If this is true, document this interaction and report him to the AMA. This is an illegal act period. That said, work out a payment plan with your medical provider. As long as you are paying something ($5/month) they will more then likely carry you rather then deny care. If they wont, contact another they will.

Unless, of course you choose to abandon your partner and your kids and live a carefree life- working at a job, not working at a job, working for yourself, working for your latest hottie, DOING WHATEVER THE F**K you please, without a care in the world. Then, the government REWARDS you by not only helping keep those pesky kids away, who would ruin your new relationship, if you have one, but limits your responsibility toward them. WHO'S SUCKING OFF WELFARE HERE? Who's a burden to society, here?

There are many avenues for dealing with parents who are not being responsible towards their children. Is it easy to actually make meaningful change, of course not but latent hatred only breeds more hatred and this is cast upon the innocent.

All that said...welfare is there for a reason to help those that have NO OTHER OPTION. As I stated previously. If you are able bodied and of sound mind. GET A DAMN JOB and teach your children self-respect and accountability.
 justjazz
Msg: 34
Homemade Kids
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:40:28 AM
Carol is my hero!
 justjazz
Msg: 35
Homemade Kids
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:48:55 AM
Bitterness can overpower a fully functional brain!....ya know...youre not bad for a Tiger LOL
 justjazz
Msg: 36
Homemade Kids
Posted: 5/13/2006 2:42:30 PM
Do you really think those first formative years are that important to Moms and Dads? Certainly they are for the children but it has been my observation that parents who choose to "stay home" regardless of the economic and standard of living it puts them in, are in many ways trying to fill a void in their own life. It is NOT in the best interest of the child it is in their own best interest. Daycare is not an evil monster, neither is living at home with mom or dad. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I hired a young man that was "homeschooled". He was a bright, intelligent, hard working young man. He had the social skills of a hermit and that ultimately cost him his job. Humans are social animals and we need and crave interaction, even at the tender age of three
 justjazz
Msg: 37
Homemade Kids
Posted: 5/14/2006 3:52:45 PM
yawn...arrogance breeds contempt!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Homemade Kids