Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pfm1011
Msg: 116
Worst place you ever been?Page 2 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Mombai....hell on earth .... 10 million homeless cant be wrong...

If pakistan and India ever do nuke each other..it will be urban renewal

Nigeria.....

The favelos <sp>outside of Rio

London England , on the streets when the pubs close hahahaha
 aventurero
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Worst place you ever been?
Posted: 11/11/2007 7:57:07 PM
Here's a few:

New Delhi, India - fascinating but has extreme air pollution and lots of desparately poor beggars.

Niagara Falls, New York - just plain depressing

Pisa, Italy - Worst tourist trap I've seen

Paris, France. I great palce on one level, but is quite a dirty city. Though I've been to places with a much more dangerous reputation, Paris is the only plac eI almost got mugged.
 Pfm1011
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/12/2007 4:34:01 AM
Here's a few:

New Delhi, India - fascinating but has extreme air pollution and lots of desparately poor beggars.
Just as lovely as mombai..love blowing your nose after half an hour outside

Niagara Falls, New York - just plain depressing..
gee and its almost as nice as buffalo or love canal. hahahaha

Pisa, Italy - Worst tourist trap I've seen
..yup its up there

Paris, France. I great palce on one level, but is quite a dirty city. Though I've been to places with a much more dangerous reputation, Paris is the only plac eI almost got mugged.
...got a problem with Dog sh*t??
 JasonTKD22
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/13/2007 7:23:36 PM

4 New Orleans- before Katrina

I hear ya. Up until a week or two before summer, I was living in Louisiana. I'd been to New Orleans so many times that even Mardi Gras became boring to me. And there's not really anything interesting to do there. Yeah, there's the zoo and aquarium, but other cities have those, too. Oh well, at least most places in the New Orleans had good food.
 alofontario
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2007 1:31:43 PM
toronto is a toilet. looks like bagdad these days. you would all be better off in lima, peru
 Bellabo
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2007 1:38:28 PM
Lithuania

stayed 20 mins, its flat flat flat and raining and as we left got a speeding ticket which the copper said if we paid him £20 direct he wouldn't report us!!!
 beretta78
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2007 4:54:21 PM
Jamaica, they don't take care of their island at all. garbage lying all over the place! Very sad to see.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/10/2007 6:28:52 PM
Atlanta or Washington DC during rush hour.

International... Turkey. It's a beautiful country, lots of history and the people are friendly. But try to buy something in a shop and the people will haggle your a$$ off and try to get you to buy anything!
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/12/2007 9:38:40 AM

International... Turkey. It's a beautiful country, lots of history and the people are friendly. But try to buy something in a shop and the people will haggle your a$$ off and try to get you to buy anything!

If that's your idea of a bad experience... you better stay home, I guess, because you just never know where somebody might attack you that way again!
 crayonzz
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/13/2007 3:03:11 PM
New Jersey. It's the only state that's free to get in, but they charge you an arm and a leg to get back out. NYC isn't too great either...$60 will get you across 1 bridge (unless they've raised tolls AGAIN) if you are driving an 18.
======================================
HOw much for the 60 Wheeler trucks that my brother drives.?
 Wildcard74
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/19/2007 2:57:53 PM
The worst place I've been recently was Miami. I just remember getting lost in the city at night and having to stay the night at a hotel. There was a prostitution ring being run out of the hotel. The noises coming out of some of the adjacent rooms were rather, interesting.

Although I haven't really been everywhere in Miami so my opinion is subjective and based on a short experience. I'd definately go again if I was with somebody who knew the city better.
 SmartAlec
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2008 7:41:46 AM
Geez - I thought Heathrow Airport was the best people watching place in the world - I could have spent days there! Great shopping too! Hated Athens, greece and only reason you fly there is to change airport and fly out to the islands!
 s2locke
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 10:00:44 AM
Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England. Depressing place and i stayed there for 3 years. the streets were like walking through a mine field of dog poo. The walls covered in graffiti and there were burnt and run down buildings everywhere. I got robbed in Grimsby, i had a chicken from the chip shop cooked on outside and ice in the middle, half the people are rude and have the highest crime rate in lincolnshire, theres street races at night also. Grimsby is grim by name, grim by nature.
 Mae B
Msg: 162
Toronto Ontario Canada
Posted: 4/7/2008 12:33:21 PM

Toronto Ontario is horriable, dirty streets, lousy transportation, high crime, not to mention the street beggars. Stay well north of the city, don't go farther south than HWY 9 or you'll get shot, ice also falls from the CN tower killing a few every year and the city covers it up.

omg... man what part of TO were you in?
 Bailey8366
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/17/2008 9:50:22 PM
The Bahamas! I loved the area near the ocean, but it really sucked when you got away from the tourist spots. You wanna talk trashy!
 want to travel
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2008 12:07:40 PM
Ivory Coast, lots and lots of violence
 Khamrun
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:02:36 PM
Trapped in a Hotel in Spain because I couldn't find anyone who spoke English so I could move on. Finally just got on a train the next day and ended up farther down the coast where there were English speaking people. Mind you it was an adventure. Other worst is England early spring, cold, cloudy and miserable.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/14/2008 8:10:40 PM
Waiting to clear customs at Sheremetyevo airport in Moscow.

Ironically, my grandparents probably didn't wait as long at Elis Island when they made the trip in reverse, and the toilets were probably in better condition in 1915.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 9:04:42 PM
Super Dave I would have to agree although there are some lovely parts of Miami. I did have the terrible misfortune of checking into and quickly checking out of the most disgusting little road side hotel ever. As soon as we turned on the lights the roaches scurried in every direction. The beds were badly stained and the rooms smelled like urine and mildew. The cigar smoking manager with the huge boil on his face who showed us to the room was a bit perturbed when we said no thank you. Very Very creepy place.
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 187
Posted: 7/2/2008 6:15:20 PM
hey barn2, i have to agree. some of the places that people have complained about, i've been to and while they weren't my favourite spots to return to, they were adventures and stories all on their own. of course, it helps that i'm a bit adventurous and probably get myself into things rather than sitting tight in my hotel but i figure if i'm paying for the trip, what's the good in staying in the hotel?!!?!? lol

i have not seen the poverty that some have described and i'm thankful that i've been spared that. it's probably one of the reasons i won't ever go to india. but i never planned on going to china until i was told to go for work. was a lovely amazing experience and yes there was poverty but the people always seem to make a place, don't they??

i do have to say that i'm always glad to come home, though.
 maxxoccupancy
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 11:51:23 PM
Belem, Brazil, by far. As the taxi driver took me further into the city, it became more and more obvious that this was the biggest dump that the world had to offer. I could not believe how bad it was. The streets were just paved with drunks, ugly hookers, drug addicts, and criminals of every kind. The buildings were in such terrible shape that it seemed strange that they had been erected in the first place. Here was a city where absolutely no one was evicted.

When I finally reached my hotel room, the floor was so disgusting that I didn't want to walk on it in my hiking shoes, and the bed was so awful that I didn't want to lie down on it. I finally walked out and just left the place behind. I grabbed another cab and rode to the airport to see Curitiba, which was absolutely beautiful.
 scarter78
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2008 5:07:59 PM
Port au Prince, Haiti. The poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere. It is an eye opening experience to see how good we have it in the U.S.
 johnnie65
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:24:24 AM
Tunisia 1982 i had the misfortune to be workng there for a month, got served tuna fish at every meal, breakfast,lunch and dinner. i can't stand the stuff these days
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 200
Posted: 7/18/2008 2:45:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^OMG, is that where the name "tunisia" comes from. Does "isia" mean "eat it every day"?
 UR 2 girls away from 3sum
Msg: 201
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:37:05 PM
^^^ No. "isia" means "regurgitate on a recurring basis."
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >