Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Khamrun
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Worst place you ever been?Page 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Where I am NOW. After traveling through Spain in the last while I'm broke and I have to stay with my family. IT SUCKS.............. at least until I get a few more cheques from my job at 7-11 and then I'm off again!
 bunni87
Msg: 208
Worst place you ever been?
Posted: 9/3/2008 11:39:13 AM
Highland Park, MI
 screenangel
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 1:27:35 PM
I've read all 10 pages of this thread and agree with most of the posts where I have been, and believe the posts about the places I have not been. My dream is to see Portugal and I didn't read anything bad about it. I do love the English and French countryside....never had a disappointing vacation there. I lived in London, England, and although not perfect, I always felt at home there.
 IrishRose511
Msg: 218
Posted: 10/31/2008 10:15:05 AM
So far, Kuwait....the only place I've ever felt uncomfortable alone, as a woman.

Was hard to get the cabbie to take me to the airport, had to show him my ticket, passport, etc. Even the KLM ticket agent asked me where my husband, father, brother was.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2008 1:32:54 PM
I think most places in general offers something for everyone, it's a matter of what you're looking for and the time you go. As well as people, not everyone is rude or obnoxious. Perhaps that depends on going in groups and age. it is good advice to do your research, such as if you have kids, you need to find some kid friendly places or your kids will be bored.

I live 2 hours away from sf, the few times I've gone there, it's been pretty nice. Perhaps it just depends on where in Sf you go that you see homeless and trashed up. But the times I went to the piers, it was clean and barely homeless was around.

I went to Paris, France this past april, right before tour season. I was surprised at how dirty and stinky Paris was, most especially found in popular places that should be respected due to the building's history. A lot of people smoke, so that somewhat explains the stink in most places. The subway/trains is chaotic, confusing, and crowded, as well as filthy with dirt and stink. Wait, pretty much everywhere in France is crowded and this isn't even tour season yet. I've also heard they often have strikes for their public transmit. Avoid the subway at traffic times, or you'll be in a can full of sardines. I know there are beggars everywhere, but beggars tend to stay around the popular places and they are bold to approach you, even some with cards saying in english that they need money. And talk about frustration when you're traveling with a toddler, not kid friendly at all especially if you need to use a stroller, which you need since lots of walking is to be done. If you do travel there with young kids, make sure you have a stroller that is not bulky and easy to fold and unfold, otherwise it would be a nightmare to get up/down stairs which they love there. As well as finding some places to take kids too, the zoo that was an hour away from france, Thiery Zoo offers a safari drive thru section which was great, and a walk in, it's huge! They have a great section for the lions where you can go thru a plastic glass walkway. You might get lucky and have a lion/lioness be near you. I got lucky to have a male lion right in front of the pathway looking straight at the people, it was amazing.
 Sweet_Riff
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2008 1:01:10 PM
Red Deer, Alberta.
haha! I've never seen so many mullets on adults and children.
And a lot of missing teeth. And beards.... on the ladies.
Yup... Red Deer.
 anelee
Msg: 233
Posted: 11/27/2008 2:26:55 PM
A view places in italy
Rome.Venice,lago Magiore and napels for instance it stinks silly expensive ( still dont know why ) and most of all very dirty.
and the people aren,t friendly as wel
and that,s a fatal combination, because most of them are very ugly as well

better visit Canada if you want to be a happy tourist

But the most wurse place is stil Amsterdam
 holeinthewall
Msg: 235
Posted: 11/29/2008 3:36:00 AM
id go with sweden, or germany..
 PsychedelicUrchin
Msg: 242
Posted: 12/12/2008 4:51:48 PM
I've seen a lot of the world. I've been to over 30 different countries, and each one in their own aspect is amazing. Although there was one place that I would probably never go back to, and that would be Morocco. The people that I actually met and were able to talk to, they were all incredibly nice and kind hearted people. My only real problem with it was the way some of the parents there would use their children as basically tourist traps. There would be little naked boys running around trying to sell you things. Of course you felt terrible having to tell them no, you're not interested in the cheaply made fan. So Morocco would probably be my least favorite country that I've been to.
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 247
Posted: 12/25/2008 4:49:13 PM
The worst place that I have been so far, is Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.. It was too big of a city, and bilingual, it is hard to understand the french language.. I like the stores, and some venues, but the city was too big, and I felt lost there...

Next time I hope to travel to somewhere more comfortable and inviting.. Not sure where to go to though to feel that way..
 edvis1
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 8:08:30 PM
I don't care for Atlanta. It's overhyped and overcongested with traffic.
 ONE2ENV
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2009 1:16:46 AM
Mine would have to be Aksai, Kazakhstan.. Its hard to describe unless youve been to a really poor eastern european country and can relate. Soviet union anyone?? O whats that.. The USSR is dead.. Ya. ok.
 kbodley
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 2:46:28 PM
Oh, please!!!!! Fort Huachuca, Arizona anytime after May 1st is as close to a visit to H__L as one can get without dying first!
 ONE2ENV
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2009 2:58:18 PM
I love how everyone puts places in North America as the worst places ever..
 jonash2007
Msg: 254
Posted: 1/6/2009 12:00:59 AM
Mexico City. Unable to breath and lots of crooked cops demanding bribes at gun point..Although I hear the air quality has improved.
 lelathecat
Msg: 255
Posted: 1/16/2009 7:48:16 PM
Illinois, the most flat boring place ever.
 mickeydee302
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 3:24:37 AM
Hurghada, Egypt -- a total lack of anything aside from the Red Sea. If you want all of the comforts of home including the ability to eat from numerous amounts of western fast food chain and hanging out in nightclubs that play gawd-awful disco music, just go to Hurghada.
 K9Sports
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2009 12:07:29 AM
SINGAPORE! Unless you love to shop, then it's paradise.
 kbodley
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2009 8:02:17 PM
Oh, yes! Ismene1! You nailed it!

I was reading your post and remembering that while my trip to Fort Huachucha was filled with heat, dust, scorpions, and a long list of miserable hours, I also had the incredible experience of walking in the desert at 2:00 AM and seeing the moon shining brightly over the desert floor! The temperature was mild, the scenery incredible, and the memory was unforgettable!

Every destination has an up side! The important thing is to make up our minds to treasure the moment we currently find ourselves in!
 EyeoftheStorm
Msg: 260
Toronto Ontario Canada
Posted: 2/1/2009 11:42:16 AM

Toronto Ontario is horriable, dirty streets, lousy transportation, high crime, not to mention the street beggars. Stay well north of the city, don't go farther south than HWY 9 or you'll get shot, ice also falls from the CN tower killing a few every year and the city covers it up.

The ignorance in this post is comedy gold.

I live outside Toronto and work right beside the CN Tower. While it is true that the city has been on the downward spiral in recent years (thanks to an idiot mayor who hasn't the first clue how to run a city), I have never been afraid of being shot or heard of anyone getting killed by falling ice. I will admit you did nail both the dirty streets and "homeless" epidemic perfectly tho.

The worst place I have ever been was some ghetto neighbourhood in Chicago's south side at about 11:30 at night (yep... we made a very wrong turn and got lost). I am not sure exactly where this was, but the neighbourhood looked like a bomb hit it and I was seriously worried I was going to get shot. When you see burned-out buildings with blue tarp blowing in the windows and candles flickering inside because people are still living in them, you know it is time to get the hell out of there!
 RNretiredfirefighter
Msg: 263
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:26:21 PM
I just came back from a mission trip to Domican Republic Puerto Plata, we stayed at a place called Tubagua Plantation. It was beautiful but dangerous. We had to leave because it rained and it was very slippery getting around and we were afraid we'd slip and injur ourselves. The owner took exception and made our life hell. I'd avoid it if possible.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 8:03:03 AM
Italy
we had Eurail passes for a month, we were traveling along the French riviera when we entered italy the light in the train started to flicker, the AC went off, we got into the station in Milan and found out the country was on strike. Basically anybody that did anything for the government wasn't doing anything. We got into a long line with baggage in tow waiting for a train to get out of the country. We didn't care which direction just anywhere but here. Turns out after a couple hours in line we got a snell zug (fast train) up though the swiss alps. I was a sleeper train, we had a nice meal with escargot and wine (treated ourselves for escaping Italy) and then woke up in Frankfort. I really like Germany. I'll try Italy again, but it will be from the coast on my sailboat, planing a multi year circumnavigation. Check out my website.
 dreamboat333
Msg: 271
Posted: 5/2/2009 10:43:29 AM
Gainesville Florida - it is dank and stinks to high heaven in some parts. 8th highest impoverished city in USA. Drunken students from UF, copulating in doorways, crapping in alleys behind churches, wandering into the streets. The business and homeowners are all hateful creeps, probably because of the stupid drunkard students. All the traffic of a big city with all the poverty and lack of employment and culture of a backwoods territory.

SUCKS!!!
 Honcho
Msg: 275
Posted: 5/5/2009 7:07:47 PM
Karachi, Pakistan. Filthy. People living under piles of brush.****oaches and camel dung. Rip tide at the beach almost drowned me.
 travel4456
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:45:18 PM
Egypt. Absolutely horrible vacation. If you ever go 1 day to see the pyramids & museum. If you have to go to Luxor only make that a day as well. You will get insanely harassed for Bagshish(Tip). If you take a bus it is entirely possible the driver will stop mid-trip and refuse to continue until everyone tips him. It happened to me on the trip from Hurghada to Cairo. If you find yourself over night in Luxor, check out the English Pub there. It was the only good time I had in Egypt besides the awe in seeing the Giza Pyramids. If you get offered a package to go and see the Memphis pyramids, eh, nothing special. And Elvis never lived in them ;-)

Also if you are here, don't bother with hostels or doing it cheap. If you cant afford the Nile Hilton & a tour to Giza definitely don't come. It is not worth it. The only itinerary I would grudgingly recommend: cab to Hilton from airport, stay in Hilton until Giza Tour, return to Hilton after Giza Tour. Stay in Hilton until cab comes to take you back to the airport.

1 day, GTFO. I hear Alexandria and Sharm El Sheikh are better, but I didn't get a chance to go as I was busy for kicking myself in the arse for wasting my vacation.

Also do not fall for the "come upstairs and see the picture of my father with Muhammad Ali" con. You will get guilt tripped into buying something at best.

Oh ya and squat toilets ftl
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >