Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > how would you react to crude and offensive emails?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 101
how would you react to crude and offensive emails?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I respond, then block them, as I just have to this one...

"for someone who looks like you do you ask to much. your really awful"

Or something along those lines. Nice huh?

First off, anyone reading my profile who thinks that I am insisting on everything in my "wishlist" - well, they're pretty stupid. So I guess intelligence is something that I insist on.

Second, if you feel the need to send me an abusive email criticizing my looks when you haven't posted your own photo, I can only assume that the need to attack comes from insecurity. That insecurity stemming, of course, from the fact that you are coyote ugly yourself.

Even if you're adonis like - that sort of email makes you ugly. You know what they say boys, beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes to the bone.

Ok, rant over....
 ClumsyOaf
Msg: 102
how would you react to crude and offensive emails?
Posted: 1/12/2008 2:21:27 AM
^^^^^confused? I had a look..I think it's reasonable, and in my humble opinion, only based on a pic of a person, very attractive, and also to look at least 12+ years younger than actual age (dont let it go to your head...remember you ask too much!) obviously the email was from a smoker who lives miles away
(as per profile), and if there was a brewery involved.......he may have sent a different email.

...........and on topic (cause that's why were here) doe's NO email count as crude and offensive? Yet some people are just tooooooo picky. Or even worse are the people that do actually email, say all the right things and finish with.......gee I wished you lived in Melbourne/Sydney/Adelaide/Hobart/America..........yes America, that's annoying!
 Akutenshi
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2008 3:02:19 AM
I would read the profile and see what kind of person is asking, if they seem like the type that are asking from a quirky kind of interest, they i would tell them.

If i think they are just being asses, i would wouldnt react at all, just as i wouldnt reply to it either.

They are only looking to get a reaction out of you, dont give them the satisfaction.
 ClumsyOaf
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/12/2008 3:06:20 AM
Irony........I just got an email..and neither crude nor offensive....
 Josephine*
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/12/2008 3:36:24 AM
Just ignore them.....put them into the too hard basket....and get on with life
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/12/2008 4:29:58 AM
anything you write to another person is YOUR SIGNATURE, and if you send out LOW QUALITY items, in my reading that means the sender issues a "low quality certificate" about herself.

Nicely stated.

It's funny, people really seem to think I'm dwelling on this... and I'm most certainly not. I can't even remember the profile of the jerk that sent it. So I guess I should have said "I respond, block them, and then forget they exist..."

...........and on topic (cause that's why were here) doe's NO email count as crude and offensive?

Oh I've not gotten countless emails - I don't have time to get offended by all of them! lmao
 Josephine*
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/12/2008 4:34:17 AM
^^^^thats the way......forget they exist.....out of site out of mind
 ClumsyOaf
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/12/2008 4:46:44 AM
Oh no sorry, I meant.....I've got no email......and then less than three minutes later....I got an email, hence me saying......Irony! I have email!
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/12/2008 6:14:51 AM
perhaps your charming comments to me above attracted someone
 bewitched66
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/12/2008 2:49:57 PM
People are here for all sorts of reasons...we don't have to understand or like them all! I treat any mail like I would in real life, say if I was down the pub...and somebody had had a few too many, and thought it was time to get busy....and I wasn't interested, I'd throw a smart aleck line at them and walk away...and if they kept annoying me, I'd prolly tell the my adopted big brother who's hairy and scary - the real-life equivalent of a moderator - without the hair!

For example, (in another web-site) I got an e-mail saying "Do you like me?"...and I had to say "Do you have a Porsche?"

"You've got a great rack" would prolly meet with "Thanks - shame you'll never get to see them."

"Wanna get lucky?......""I'll be lucky if my penicillin works this time - it's all getting too itchy."

If all else fails....ejector seat!
 InSydney
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2008 4:07:38 PM

As a female, I have found alot of the emails I get are pretty rude and fairly offensive. Guys wanting to know tit size, fav positions, grooming down there, and wanting to hook up for a one nighter. Talking to other women, I know I'm not alone. I'm just wondering what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot, and we asked about size and the rest of it. I'm just wondering how would you react?

I still have my fingers crossed that some woman will ask me how long *it* is
 bewitched66
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/12/2008 5:22:09 PM
Well? Or is that a question I have to ask in an offensive e-mail?
 bewitched66
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/12/2008 5:24:19 PM
And as for this: "for someone who looks like you do you ask to much. your really awful"...CC - I think you're gorgeous. And if I was a boy.....I would definitely send you a questionable e-mail. Note the use of the word "boy" cos I think that's really what we're talking about. A lack of maturity....any man worth his salt knows we all look like Angelina on the inside!
 InSydney
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2008 2:33:04 AM

Well? Or is that a question I have to ask in an offensive e-mail?

I'm still waiting for your offensive email
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/13/2008 3:59:45 AM
Are you asking Length or Girth....lol
 gypsygal_au
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/13/2008 4:26:30 AM
.... and which one do they want the answer to Brizguy?... lol

(by the way, I cannot yet work out how to insert a quote on POF forums.. can someone help me...)

... How do I react to crude and offensive emails?

I have to admit that it is rare that I do receive one, but when I do, I hit the delete.. fullstop!
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/13/2008 12:43:04 PM
highlight the sentence you want to quote, right click and copy it.
In your reply, start with ["quote"], then paste the sentence you want to quote, then type ["/quote"]. The backspace tells it that the quote is finished.
Don't use the " " . I only used them so it wouldn't work as a quote.

Then you can type your message like normal.
 hilly1971
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/15/2008 12:59:31 AM

I'm really sorry that you carry so much hate for yourself and probably pass it on too others in your life that listen too your rant.. Most probably your children that I am paying taxes to support.
What a shame. I do think your attractive but life is not TV and most people don't care...
Please have fun in your twisted way hilly and I hope you sort it out..

Do I win a prize or something for this one??
 geen z
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 1:08:55 AM
i think HE was the prize obviously - i am sure you will enjoy him!!
 bretsky1960
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 2:56:10 AM
UUMM I am still waiting to receive rude and crude emails or messages
 fiesty_fiest
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/15/2008 2:56:51 AM
Two words, block and delete.

Avocado
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/15/2008 3:47:23 AM
how would you react to crude and offensive email

OMG, Shock, Horror
 Avocado
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/28/2008 5:20:27 AM
Well it took long enough, albeit I had to up the ante...

OMG, Shock, Horror
 Kissthisfrog !
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/28/2008 4:05:06 PM
Love your work avo...,
 proudlyunique
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/29/2008 11:57:45 PM
LOL... chicks ask about size and crude stuff from time to time... i think its great.... cos their just clearing up the question of them being a complete scrubber hence allowing me to know not to waste anymore time on them... which is what females confronted with males asking stupid questions should do..... too easy really
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > how would you react to crude and offensive emails?