Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RMJay84
Msg: 183
how would you react to crude and offensive emails?Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
A couple of girls I know who have profiles on here get some pretty spaced out emails.

I don't know what goes through peoples minds, maybe they live in their parents basement and don't have a hobby or any friends, so the internet is their place to vent with the ability to "ignore" anyone who stands in their way.

?
 BiggShoulders
Msg: 184
view profile
History
how would you react to crude and offensive emails?
Posted: 7/31/2009 5:44:09 PM
If someone asked me in the first email: size, position, details, etc I'd probably try to find some humour in what [u]they[/u] wrote (I too have had a few males ask me that too, not my thing but good luck to them) and reply back in a light playful manner, I'd certainly NOT take them seriously.

If I was asked such details after a long chain of emails by a female then I would probably answer honestly.

I would comment much more on the topic of men sending crudeness and what I think must be going through their tiny little minds, but thats not what this topic was originally about. *shrug*
 shellg1
Msg: 185
Posted: 8/4/2009 5:31:04 AM
hi there!!! i know how you feel and have reacted in various ways. 1st shock and horror...lol... but now either just dont answer cos it just plays in to their sick little games!! and i have spelt out in no uncertain terms about that type of thing on my profile!!! by the way if you did ask them same type of questions...they would love it...so dont do it..lol
 Big_fun_wave
Msg: 186
Posted: 2/26/2011 12:44:57 PM
Hey, women are rude and offensive at times to. Sometimes if the women are just looking for nookie they can be discriptive and inquisitive, sometimes in crude ways. But, conformity after a while I think wears on anyone. In other words, sometimes always being expected to be so proper and nice becomes boring. And often does not seem to score the points for you that many would think. A man with plenty to offer could send out many so called nice polite messages and not hear anything back. I've done this long enough now to know that's often the case. It can get frustrating at times, because your thinking "What does it take"? So some just conclude that being real nice and proper is just not worth it.
 SomeKent
Msg: 187
Posted: 3/3/2011 10:49:49 PM
I'd simply assume she's a dude or some sort of trap and not take it too seriously.

If I send a girl a crude message it's only if I'm not that interested but curious in testing the waters, almost never works haha
 pietrangeli
Msg: 188
Posted: 3/5/2011 6:54:57 PM
Big_fun_wave on 2/27/2011 657 AM

The quality of any contact surely is not about 'SCORING POINTS'?

The written medium coupled with (tenuous at best!) internet contact
is fraught with difficulties;the misunderstandings that 'creep' into
written communication with internet overlays and individuals who
perhaps may even possess fictitious profiles leaves very little room
for error.

Descent into crudity,vulgarity or misinformation at initial contact
is poison.The fact that individuals even choose to initiate contact
before viewing profiles and ensuring that some interest is reciprocated
could help avoid needless contact.

In fact it is often the rather 'boring' notes that conform to basic
civilised standards of communication that determine true character
and attitudes;especially when communicating with a total stranger;
provided that the true intent is to connect in an honest manner
to seek mutual empathy that could ultimately lead to a lasting
and meaningful relationship.

If the intent otherwise then I believe the recipient would be remiss in not
immediately transferring the message into the recycle bin.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >