Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are Men Intimidated By A Woman Who Is More Successful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EycePrincess
Msg: 76
Are Men Intimidated By A Woman Who Is More Successful?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Fish Slayer:

Yup, you're right. I'm a Barbie doll. Move on now, because your posts are about as ignorant as you seem to be. Furthermore, I just read some of your other posts on other threads, and they're ALL rude, obnoxious and mean!

Frankly, you seem like you're a jealous old man, obviously unhappy in his marriage - or he wouldn't be spending so much time in the forums demeaning others. Maybe if you spent half as much time focusing on your own faults as you do others, you wouldn't be nearly as crotchety as you are!

No need to comment, every time I see one of your posts I cringe. Invest in spell check, and take an English class. It sickens me that at the age of 52 my 12 year old niece has better grammar skills than you do! We're writing in English here! You should really learn how to use it properly. Until then, this is a post about success and intellect - neither of which you seem to have. Perhaps you belong in the: OVER 50 AND UNEDUCATED forum.

Bye-bye.
 Trooth
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Are Men Intimidated By A Woman Who Is More Successful?
Posted: 5/5/2006 8:12:24 AM
I think the generalizations about successful women are just generalizations. A woman who is focused on money is a lot different than a woman focused on her career. Same goes for men. And not all successful people are focused on either career or money either. Some rare individuals can actually balance everything. I think most of us try to balance everything out. Focusing on one aspect of our lives tends to hurt everything else.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:23:49 AM
Not at all am I intimidated by women or men who feel more 'successful' tham me.

I admire those that get to their positions through education and experience.

But my experience In the corporate world is that my knowledge and experience intimated my superiors. This prompted them to "corral" me into my cubicle. They wanted to fire me but The president kept stopping by my cube to chat and they couldn't find anyone with all the qualifications I have.
I caught some 'improper accounting practices' happening, reported it and my management was changed...for the worse.
I discovered more graft and reported that as well, only to be terminated. Now they are paying 200% more for technology than they should(were talking millions), they had to pay me off (with an out of court settlement), hire 4-5 people to replace me and have to maintain a high employee turnover rate cause nobody likes how they operate.

Some of us out here do not get intimidated easily.
 YamIhere
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:31:28 AM
I actually look for successful women. Finding one more successful than me, well, she might even make it past the six-week deadline!

But as I progress in my education and career, that is going to become less and less likely. But I look at it this way, the more money she has, the less I have to spend on her. That's always good.
 alone2soon
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:32:56 AM

... it's a control issue. If the woman makes more than the man, she's going to have more say usually, and men are either "intimidated" and stay in the relationship, afraid to say "boo";or they won't put up with it and leave.

A marriage is a partnership, but one respecting the role of each party. Regardless from whence come the funds, the husband is still head of the household.

Of course, some men think that means they should be an A__Hole which is absurd. A "real" husband will appreciate, respect and love his wife more than himself.
 YamIhere
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:44:29 AM

Regardless from whence come the funds, the husband is still head of the household.

Huh?!?!?!?

Hello 1950s.

A "real" husband will appreciate, respect and love his wife more than himself.

1. I have a problem any time anyone uses the term "real." Must you challenge someone's masculinity due to your view of what a husband should be?
2. The "more than himself" part gives me heart burn. As men, we need to stop proliferating this myth of the "real man" who takes on all the burdens so his weak, helpless woman can have a better life. Last time I looked, we're on this planet, too. We should at least try to enjoy our time here. Treat her well, with respect and as an equal. But don't put her above yourself. Before you know it you'll be left holding the bag.
 Silent_Lucidity
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:48:45 AM
I for one, am not. My lady is and has the potential to be FAR more successful career wise and financially than I. I'm just a grunt, a laborer of sorts. I can potentially make decent money, but nothing like what she can. It does not bother me as long as we're both equally able to pitch in for our bills, or otherwise have set arrangements to ensure the bills are taken care of.

SL
 XSHOEMAKER
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/5/2006 11:00:56 AM
Oh neat, so you have two houses, but pity you have two mortgages. I actually have three houses, two yachts and no mortgages. I could go on but it would seem pointless. I am not trying to stroke your ego, but really, "How happy are you?" All the money in the world means nothing, if you don't enjoy life. Slow down, stop caring what other people think. And your second caller had a very valid point, if you are so busy trying to keep up in the rat race traveling and trying to exist in two states, is there really time for a man? Love has no color. When you find him, he won't care how much you have, how pretty you think you are, and or how successful you think you are. He will only care for you, because of how happy you are. Wow, women seize to amaze me in their logic. Call me old fashion, I'll stick to happiness. And before I considered the likes of you, a prenup would be in order!
 alone2soon
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/5/2006 11:06:12 AM

...As men, we need to stop proliferating this myth of the "real man"...

Interesting ... I see you are DIVORCED.
 Malstyne
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/5/2006 11:17:01 AM
I personally love to be with ambitious and successful women, however it is psychologically proven that men have an inate desire to be depended on by a woman. It doesn't have to be financially, but it does make a man feel great to know he is needed in some manner, whether it be to fix the car, take you out, cook you dinner, or whatever. Overall, I'd suggest leaving your profession on there.
 EycePrincess
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/5/2006 1:09:58 PM
XSHOEMAKER-

Well, at least we'd agree on the prenup. Nine times out of ten it's the man who loses the money, not the woman. It's their frivilous and spontaneous nature. Act now, think later.

I think it's funny that you automatically assume I, "have two mortgages". I'm in real estate and finance. I owned a real estate investment company with my ex-husband as well. The home I currently own started out as an investment property, and I held onto it to avoid capital gains taxes. Yeah, I must be stupid and not know the first thing about real estate! This is a perfect example - where you automatically think you're more business "savvy" than a woman.

Also, why do I have to "slow down" in order to entertain the thought of dating someone? Why should I have to give up the lifestyle I love in order to fall within the criteria of what the "typical" man is looking for? I divorced my ex-husband for not being supportive, (among other reasons) so you can bet I'd avoid dating a man who fell within the same category.

How happy am I? Well you seem to want to point out how many material possessions you have... Implying your net worth... So why are YOU on a singles site? Seems to me like maybe YOU'RE the one who isn't happy. I don't recall anywhere that it said - nor implied - that I am unhappy.

I'M not the one who has the issue with dating someone who has less money, less material items, less education... This thread merely started out asking why men care. Does that make sense? It seemed like a simple enough question. Why are so many men getting so bent out of shape by it, and feeling the need to beat their hands on their chest displaying their manhood...?

Oh, and it's "cease" to amaze me, not "seize" to amaze me.
And it's "old-fashioned", not "old fashion".

See, another one bites the dust!
 Frrosty
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:21:45 PM

All the money in the world means nothing, if you don't enjoy life.

Now if only people from "all" income brackets would understand this statement in its' full entirity.

"Envy" and "Greed" are very wasted sins you know. (one for BOTH sides of that riches line)

Anyways...I wish you all the best Ms.

Smartass2590
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:35:33 PM
No, men are not intimidated by a woman who makes more than them. Certainly no more than women have a lack of respect for a guy they "have to support".

medicaldiver
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:47:34 PM
Not one bit ! Now keep in mind that if she is the "hawdy" type or enjoys being arrogant about it, then all I have to say about that is, see ya! Job, Money, Car/SUV, Home, whatever, makes no difference to me. Dont "down play" your job either, nothing gained by that. Just be up front, honest and keep things simple. If the guy has a problem with what you do or your income, then it is his issue, not yours. For heaven sake, enjoy life and good company. It is so much easier to be thoughtful than to be arrogant :) Dating someone who makes more than I do is kind of cool, depending on their attitude about it. I enjoy life far too much to let such trivial matters get in the way. Im not dating based on income or class of job, Im dating based on the persons personality and their ability to be compassionate :)
 MacKevinized
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:49:07 PM

I'M not the one who has the issue with dating someone who has less money, less material items, less education... This thread merely started out asking why men care. Does that make sense? It seemed like a simple enough question. Why are so many men getting so bent out of shape by it, and feeling the need to beat their hands on their chest displaying their manhood...?

Growing up I was taught 'the empty barrel makes the most noise'. You'll find many times a thread get's hijacked (change of subject), mostly by people that are intimidated easily and have their own agenda's.
 XSHOEMAKER
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/5/2006 6:00:21 PM
OP Dearest, yes, I concede, you're to good for us all! Enjoy your lifestyle!

Oh, and it's "FrivOlous" not frivilous, even though the point is frivolous.

Yeah, another one bites the dust!
 I Spy
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/5/2006 6:11:34 PM
I think so yes. Because you become their competitor in a sense especially if you work in similar field. And then there's the idea of the man being big money earner in the relationship. I wish it didn't matter, but unfortunately reality is what it is.
 knopper3
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/5/2006 8:47:08 PM
I might have been intimidated at one time, but not anymore. My last girlfriend was "more successful" than me by most people's definition. She had a great job that paid her loads more money than I make. But she had no clue how to manage her money. She was always broke and in debt and had absolutely nothing to show for it. Even though I didn't make near as much money as her, I was the one with the money in the relationship. So now I know there's more to being successful in life than making a lot of money. You also have to have your crap together.
 WonkaBar
Msg: 94
Posted: 5/5/2006 9:04:02 PM
In my experience, men are not intimidated by women who are more successful.

However, it is possible they feel that it's the *women* who have a problem with it, and just don't bother.

I mean, from reading these forums and other personal experience, I get the feeling women expect men to either make as much as they do, or more - and if they don't, they're a burden somehow.
 fish-slayer
Msg: 95
Posted: 5/6/2006 12:26:17 AM
You are a hoot ice princess LOL
 theGenius
Msg: 96
Posted: 5/6/2006 3:28:02 AM
but see heres another thing,when a woman makes really good dollars at a job,its always an easy never have to do much,or the most serious injury is breaking a nail,us guys,if we make great dollars,its always doing real hard work!where the worst injury is death,but i agree it seems like theres some guys here getting attitudes over it,i dont find it intimidating at all,see heres the other point i was about to make,i worked for a roofing company one time,i had to do the training,long story short,the day i started no experience,there was a built and really decent looking girl on the crew i was about to start with,shed been there for 5 years!i was making more money than her,thats just sad,she was an excellent worker,experienced,even helped me when i asked,she outdid most of the guys there too!but she was making the least money out of us all!4 months with that company,i got 2 raises,she got one,but she still made the least,whats the worst?she was a single mother of 2,after that i quit,i told my boss it was because he was being unfair,so eyceprincess,im glad to know that theres a chance for women to get up there too,i personally think all men and women should be paid the same at the same job,as well as treated the same,i also think if you ever decide to come out here for a visit,i could prove to you i wouldnt be imtimidated,but knowing you got all that id definitly feel kind of funny,like when i used to climb the rope in gym class,lol,kidding,but congrats and hope thats the answer youre looking for!
 juicyfruit_tn
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:38:08 AM
ha ha ha! Good one! Now Frrosty is a man with self esteem!
 juicyfruit_tn
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/8/2006 8:50:48 AM
Poor, poor man! you are missing out on some mighty fine woman with that kind of thinking. I am a very successful two career woman. My kids are raised and I have do not need a man with money. He does, however need to be able to pay his own bills and have a little extra for his hobbies what ever they may be. The terms Successfull, snob and high maintenance do not go hand in hand.
 EycePrincess
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:39:25 PM
You go, juicyfruit! Way to be an example for hard-working women all across America!
 AngelicusBraticus
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:09:43 PM
I would never be intimidated, I would be proud of her. Then again, I would be proud of anyone I was dating, as long as they were doing something. Only time it would ever be a problem for me is if she were the type to hold it over you. But I would have the same problem for a man doing the same. The people are important, not the money associated with them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are Men Intimidated By A Woman Who Is More Successful?