Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > If you HATE God      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 theGenius
Msg: 20
If you HATE GodPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
AMEN SISTER!!!i could not have said it better,but then again...i didnt what the fudge this was about at first,so yes girl at top of this thread,help your friend,but it actually seems hes trying to hurt you by saying he hates God,thats not right either.
 Dahliakitten
Msg: 21
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 5/6/2006 9:00:11 AM
Stay away from Christian God haters. They are anti-Christ, for the moment. Your testimony and your prayers will assist in his conversion. Love the sinner, hate the sin. We once were lost and living in darkness too. Thats why Jesus Christ died on the cross, for the God haters, to show them the Way. By exampleship. And His prayers too. For us to find His Way into the Kingdom of heaven.
 FarmBoyTy
Msg: 22
If you HATE God
Posted: 5/6/2006 10:18:32 AM
Well, on the bright side of someone hating God, in order to hate Him, they first have to admit to Him existing. So there half the battle is won. As long as you know you won't give in to him and start thinking as he doesn, that is, hating God, then I would say still be friends with him. It's a matter of knowing your own strength and how much you hold your own ground. But if he has no negative effect on you to hate God, then be there for him, let him see the love of God in you.
 BadBrain
Msg: 23
If you HATE God
Posted: 5/6/2006 9:30:29 PM

Yeah, I guess he is turning me off. Maybe it is not REALLY about GOd but just his negitive manner. Maybe that is what I hate!

Regardless of whether its God or bad coffee, people that are negative and/or bellyache ALL THE TIME just wear me out. I wouldn't blame you at all if you just cut him loose.
 TheLimey
Msg: 24
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 3/29/2008 2:37:27 PM
This thread would be a lot more interesting in the so-called genius among us had paid attention in school the day they were talking about paragraphs..
 southernlass
Msg: 25
If you HATE God
Posted: 3/30/2008 12:32:39 AM
I would say that someone who is always bashing God is someone who has issues with God and is likely seeking God, subconsciously perhaps. Hating is a passionate response, see? It's the other side of love. Apathy is a response which indicates complete lack of interest and caring. Hating means there are underlying issues there that are generating an interested, plugged in, passionate response and it means he is potentially still reachable by God. (Just my personal opinion and theory on this).

Me thinks he does protest too much. Whenever anyone kicks up a lot of dust about anything pretty much, it's because they CARE.
 Greg8002
Msg: 26
If you HATE God
Posted: 3/30/2008 1:17:01 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with being friends with an agnostic or atheist who had good reasons for holding their belief. It would be another matter though, if my agnostic or atheist friend showed me no respect and treated me and my beliefs with no respect, even if I hold them in good conscience.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 27
If you HATE God
Posted: 3/30/2008 1:54:59 AM

What do you say to people who can't stop bashing God everytime you see them...

"Boy, has it ever been a long time since I last saw you."
 whitegold765
Msg: 28
If you HATE God
Posted: 3/30/2008 3:45:47 AM
Lol, nice work.

I personally see only two options - hating God or not believing in him. But my reasons may not be the same as your friend. Does your friend hate God for any reason or is he just being all Emo and hating the world and life and God for making him and making him so sad and blah blah blah?

Hating God is reasonable in a sense. A quick scan through the earlier bits of his autobiography (the Bible) show some very questionable behaviour, and personally the whole "You're damned to burn in a lake of molten sulphur unless you bow down to me with no proof of my existence because of my oddly rigged system" thing sort of seems unfair to me.

But most people who have studied things to that level and come to the conclusions I have simply don't believe he exists. So why waste the breath to rail at him?

Really the problem is not with someone not believing the same as you, or believing the opposite, or SAYING the opposite. The problem is with someone being rude and obnoxious. And that's got nothing to do with belief. He's just a jerk. And no, I couldn't be friends with him because of that, not because of his beliefs.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 29
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:19:58 AM
To quote one of my favourite films of all time:
Imam: Because you do not believe in God does not mean God does not believe in - .
Riddick: Think someone could spend half their life in a slam with a horse bit in their mouth and not believe? Think he could start out in some liquor store trash bin with an umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and not believe? Got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God... And I absolutely hate the ****er.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134847/quotes

FYI, I don't hate G-d. But I can see why some people do. He's got a wicked sense of humour, and some people don't like being the butt of G-d's jokes.
 AncientMuse
Msg: 30
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:44:29 PM
Impossible to hate something that doesn't exist....

I don't hate unicorns or the tooth fairy either (exept for that one time when the tooth fairy forgot to leave me a quarter under my pillow when I was five...)
 whitegold765
Msg: 31
If you HATE God
Posted: 3/31/2008 6:27:31 PM
If you look at the early part of the bible (Numbers is a good example), there's plenty of places God specifically commands people to be miserable and deadly. :)
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 32
If you HATE God
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:31:49 PM

it was impossible for me to believe that such a God could have so many flaws. I would suggest taking the none-hateful pluralism route - it works for me. :)

Why do you feel sky: that God has so many flaws? Could you have done better at all he created? Could you have done better to have man have free will and decide for himself whats Good or Evil? So many things I could ask. What is pluralism?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 33
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:35:15 PM

[FYI, I don't hate G-d. But I can see why some people do. He's got a wicked sense of humour, and some people don't like being the butt of G-d's jokes. ]

You beleive God has singled you out as someone to be picked on?
Definitely. People have been telling me I'd have the world at my feet if I could only "get my act together" since I was 5. No-one else has managed to straighten me out. But G-d seems to know just how to push me to become a much stronger and capable person.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 34
If you HATE God
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:44:13 PM

What is pluralism?
Courtesy of Wiki:

Religious pluralism (rel. comparative religion) is a loosely defined term concerning peaceful relations between different religions, and is also used in a number of related ways:

Religious Pluralism may describe the worldview that one's religion is not the sole and exclusive source of truth, and thus recognizes that some level of truth and value exists in at least some other religions.
Religious pluralism often is used as a synonym for ecumenism. At a minimum, ecumenism is the promotion of unity, co-operation, or improved understanding between different religions, or denominations within the same religion
As a synonym for religious tolerance, which is a condition of harmonious co-existence between adherents of different religions or religious denominations.
Adherents of religious pluralism recognize that different religions make different truth claims. For example, most Christians believe that Jesus was God incarnate and that he died for the salvation of humanity while Buddhists believe that enlightenment liberates the soul from the cycle of rebirth so that it may enter into Nirvana. Christians do not claim that Christ leads to Nirvana nor are Buddhists claiming that Buddha is the son of God.
I pluralism :)
 Just alittle crazy
Msg: 35
If you HATE God
Posted: 4/2/2008 6:14:24 PM
Well thanks for explaining pluralism. I can see that mixing things up a bit and pick and choice what is truth to some and what makes them feel I guess complete to them. Can maybe work for some But its not me. And it reminds me of a "Burger King Religion" You know I am using a metaphor. The slogan as I remember was "Have it your way at Burger King" You know, hold the pickle hold the lettuce special orders don't upset us all we ask is that you let us serve it your way. Something like that. Just pick and choose whats right for you. You know that happens in Christianity too being there is so many dominations. I Hope it works for those that see it that way.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 36
If you HATE God
Posted: 4/2/2008 6:20:06 PM
^^ dripping with much more than special sauce there...
 lebensbaum
Msg: 37
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 4/2/2008 11:48:16 PM
@ Clarence Clutterbuck

Here's a girl in comfortable sweat pants with a reply that I find satisfying.

The wage of sin is death both physical and spiritual, ie., seperation from God. If someone were responsible for my life because they created me then it would meet the demands of justice for them to pay that wage for me. That same being could also then be my mediator because he paid for me.

The logistics of that? I have no clue!

I find it unfortunate that your experience with Christianity left you laboring under a burden of guilt. It's good news that someone paid for your sins! You don't have to carry that burden around.
 Sckoul
Msg: 38
If you HATE God
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:52:27 PM
No reason to hate God or the invisiable man. Really in life things are your fault if you mess up and if you do good you should take the creidt! Dont hate anything that really has no bearing on your day or life and that you cant see the physical form of. lol
 worldtraveller74
Msg: 39
If you HATE God
Posted: 7/14/2011 3:36:45 PM
I absolutely do not believe in god but I have friends that do. Your friend and you have to just learn to agree to disagree and drop it or stop being friends.
 forumschick
Msg: 40
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 7/16/2011 9:00:04 PM

Seems pretty silly for someone to hate a nonexistent being.

Count,

Technically, if we have a being it exists, does it not?
In other words, I know what you are saying, but your 'nonexistent being' term seems contradictory to me. Again, English isn't my native language and I am still learning, so please don't be offended because it is a genuine question...

Furthermore, God doesn't exists in our world like you and I; God simply is.

forumschick
Msg: 41
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 7/18/2011 10:02:14 AM

Wow, so all of the many thousands of gods are real?
Unless of course, we observe the fallacious reasoning.

On the other hand, Odin promised to rid the world of all ice giants.

See any ice giants lately?
(a cookie for he/she who can identify the fallacy here)

Irregulator:
Guess you failed to see my point; or simply refused to see it...

I don't much care for cookies, but I am going to take a shot at it. On second thought, I am somewhat interested in your elaboration on it...
 forumschick
Msg: 42
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 7/26/2011 9:23:34 AM

The poster you replied to specifically said "nonexistent being". You responded by referring to an "existing being". The two terms are not the same, hence; Straw Man fallacy.

Um no, it was really a genuine question and I reiterate: I understood what he meant or that he was referring to God, as the nonexistent being. I was asking strictly to find out if whether or not those two words used together were in fact a contradiction in itself or if the term was simply lost in translation.

English is my second language, now I still think in my native language, and in the same, those two words together are a contradiction or impossibility at best, but wasn’t sure it was the same in the English language.

So there goes your ‘fallacy’ argument; because that part of my post wasn’t to contradict the poster in the subject at hand at all. It was a genuine question and I was expecting an answer to it for my own information and reference.
 forumschick
Msg: 43
view profile
History
If you HATE God
Posted: 7/28/2011 1:56:06 PM

Or, does this also apply to Odin, Krishna, Gitche Manitou, Zeus, etc?

Not in my opinion, though I am sure if you were to ask people who believe in the names mentioned above, their answer may be different than mine.

You cannot argue with how logical opinions and beliefs are, I mean you can, just don't expect to convince people to see it your way. You are setting yourself up for disappointment...

Good luck with it though, do let me know how that turns up...

Stray__Cat
Msg: 44
If you HATE God
Posted: 8/15/2011 5:33:00 PM
Tell em it's OK to hate God.
God will just love you more.

I heard that nugget from a Buddhist teacher.
go figure.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > If you HATE God