Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 royalbtch
Msg: 268
HELP!!! Top 10 most aggressive dogs?????Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
We had a chiuaua named Mighty Might that would attack anything!
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 269
HELP!!! Top 10 most aggressive dogs?????
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:13:52 AM
I have a vicious, aggressive Rottweiler. He is well socialized, good with children, and all of the neighbors know him.
I can joke with the neighbors and say attack, because all that means to him is to go and say hello. He is strong-willed and not the most obedient, but he is a good dog and the antithesis of violent and aggressive.
PetFinder.com has a link to explore breeds before you adopt.
I am an advocate of rescues over breeders, and they have plenty of young dogs.
 chameleonf
Msg: 270
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:46:05 AM
I've had two Dobes and two Rotts over the past 30 years and now a yellow lab. Of the three, the Dobes are the most "nervous", the lab is the most goofy (highly intelligent) but the Rotts are my choice of dog all around. They are powerhorses. Niether was aggressive unless they themselves sensed any real danger and even then they wouldn't attack. They'd do the Rott stomp with raised hackles and lowered heads, which was enough to do the trick. One was a Canadian All Breed Obedience champ. They are incredibly pleasurable dogs. You do have to let them know who's the pack leader from the get go, but you do with all dogs. It's just incredibly important with the large breeds. As with most large dogs, Rotts are prone to hip displasia and that's more often than not the reason for their ultimate demise, not because they're being put down in droves because of aggressive behaviour.
 Super Ryan
Msg: 272
Posted: 4/22/2010 3:56:58 AM

looks like a mini doberman (can't think of the breed name)

Probably a miniture pinscher.
http://www.my-doberman.com/miniature-doberman-pinschers.html
 m14shooter
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2010 4:38:56 AM

Para de Presa Canarios

Just be very happy there are not too many of these around

They eat Rottweilers etc for breakfast

I have spent a lot of time around this breed. They are actually great dogs. Friend breeds them and has several small children. They are beyond good with the kids. If you are known to the family they show no aggression, if you just walk up they will bark. The case in frisco that put these dogs on the map was from a nutjob lawyer of a white supremacist that was breeding the dogs to kill.
 yin4yang43
Msg: 277
Posted: 7/6/2011 6:54:26 PM
There is no such thing as a "most aggressive" breed. Dogs have been bred for specific purposes for centuries. The Doberman was bred by a German Tax Collector in the late 1800's to protect him from being robbed, while doing his job. The Rottweiler is believed to go back to roman dogs who were serving to guard and pull carts and perform all sorts of jobs for their human keepers. There is such a history for every breed and although some of them were selected for their high drive to guard and protect, none of them are aggressive by nature. Dogs are highly social animals and when raised appropriately and responsibly dogs of any breed can be wonderful therapy-dogs!
Every story of people being harmed by domestic dogs goes back to owners that have them for questionable reasons or sometimes simply are completely ignorant.
Our picture of "the good dog" is one of "Lassie" and "Rin Tin Tin" and a figment of human imagination. It is highly unfair to put such expectations on an animal, especially if one isn't willing to invest the time to train this dog to understand what is expected of him.
Nevertheless, dogs have saved our lives millions of times and more often protected us from harm than caused harm to us!
In our times, there is NO excuse for ignorance. There is wonderful information about how to choose the right dog and how to make him/her a pleasure to be around, even for strangers! This information is no longer unattainable or expensive.
I copied the article 'difficultone04' posted on the first page! That was fantastic and to the point!
 Molly Maude
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2011 10:26:28 PM
I had a long string of Dobermans ... one Dobie/Great Dane mix ... a Boxer ... a Rottweiler ... a Lab/Pit Bull mix ... and a couple Chows ...

the Dobies were yappers ... one was dognapped TWICE ... the Boxer absolutely loved and adored EVERYONE ... I absolutely could NOT keep the Rott in ... she was forever taking off ... a wild free spirit! ... the Lab/Pit Bull looked like a huge white Pit Bull w/black spots but had a totally friendly Lab personality ... he never barked but he'd love on you forever! he may have been the most intelligent ... but ... the Chows were my favorites ...

you always know where you stand with a Chow ... very communicative critters ... the male LOVED and adored all the children in the neighborhood ... little kids about 10 years and younger flocked into my house to pet him ... little kids could sit on him ... pull his ears ...

anyone older was expected to play by the Chow's rules ... "don't get between me and my humans!" was about rule #1 ... "don't get anywhere NEAR the baby or touch her!" was important ... "don't enter the house when MY humans aren't home!"

when he growled, the "grrrr" came out on his in-breath as well as his out-breath ... very impressive! I came home once and discovered the Chow had trapped my ex-husband in the garage and wouldn't let him out! served him right for snooping around in my house when I wasn't home!

I'm older now and have a Pomeranian ... what a learning curve for me!

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >