Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > HELP!!! Top 10 most aggressive dogs?????      Home login  
 Tonys Journey
Msg: 26
view profile
HELP!!! Top 10 most aggressive dogs?????Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Difficultone I have to wholeheartedly agree with what you posted above!!!Here in Australia the Idiots in the Media really try to cane the Pitbull as in your Country too.The Proper statistics in Australia show the Pitbull to be way way down the bottom of the list as far as bites on Humans go.Here in Australia,The Highest number of Bites happen with the Yappers or Lap Dogs,those little Breeds or Toys.
 not high maintenance
Msg: 27
view profile
HELP!!! Top 10 most aggressive dogs?????
Posted: 5/5/2006 4:34:13 PM
In no particular order, Pitbulls, German Shepherds, Chow chow, Siberian Husky, Akita,
Bull Mastiff, Dalmatian,****r Spaniel, Doberman Pinscher, and Rottweiler. Those were the top ten when I was doing my home owners insurance a few yrs back. I have English Mastiffs which is different from the Bull Mastiff. There are many other aggressive breeds they are just not that common, Neopolitan Mastiff, Americian Bulldog, Belgian Malinois, Cane Corso, Fila Brasileiro, etc.

Although in my experience their are few true bad dogs, mainly bad or misinformed owners. Alot comes into play as far as genetics and socialization. Some ppl don't do the research behind their breed of choice and know what their breed was bred for and some still carry that strong drive to do what they were breed to do. You can turn any dog mean. I have seen nasty Labs and Goldens. I have met some of the sweetest pitbulls. Yrs ago I worked for a breeder of Dalmatians and her Dals had temperaments of Labs they loved everyone including her 4 kids and all their friends. Although I did meet other Dals that were not as friendly. My friend breeds Americian Bulldogs, anyone could go into any of his dogs pen with or without him there, his are true babies. My best friend raises Shepherds and her kids could crawl in the whelping pen as mom is delivering and she could care less. Another girlfriend raises Huskies and hers have wonderful temperaments, although some have a "prey drive" for smaller dogs or cats. I could go on about each breed since I have been exposed to all of them at one time or another. You can not judge a breed on one dog in general, there is always the exception to the rule.
 Tonys Journey
Msg: 28
view profile
Posted: 5/5/2006 4:44:19 PM
Not High Maintenence,well said and so true.Exactly you cannot judge a breed based on one Dog.We do not judge a whole race of people based on the Actions of one person,so why do we do it with Animals?
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/5/2006 4:47:10 PM
not sure what type of dog he is, but his name is Bob! LOL.. Sorry, baby, could not resist that one!

I think pitbulls, C0cker Spaniel, rottweiler and German Shepherd. Not all of them, just the ones that have not been brought up properly. Also, any dog, any breed can be aggressive if they have been mistreated, IMO.
Msg: 30
view profile
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:44:56 PM
I think it's all in how the dog is treated. My cousin, uncle and grandmother all have had German shepherds that were as docile as can be because they were lovingly cared for and in pleasant surroundings. One of my friends has a rottie that's as sweet as can be.

I went to a party some years ago. At the party, several dogs were present. Among them, two yippy yappy Yorkies that were annoying and a sweet Doberman that was as gentle as can be. I adored the Dobie and spent time playing with her because of her gentleness.

Dogs respond to how they are treated and trained. I would say that it's not so much the breed as it is the owner, the training the dog has and the dog's living environment.

I was once bitten by an English setter that liked to run after people and jump on them. That dog was probably the worst dog I ever met in my life. It was aggressive and not a good dog to have around in a neighborhood full of children.

I do not now have a dog but I would like very much to have a dog. I was joking on this forum earlier about getting a small poodle and naming him Fang! I could also get a Rottie and name him Sugar Boo. So unlikely names but what fun!
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/5/2006 8:06:20 PM
While treatment of a dog is important, quality of breed might be moreso. I'm not talking about purebreeds or pedigree (they have shorter life spans and health problems ad infinitum, anyway), I'm talking about inbreeding, mass breeding and puppy mills. That needs to be outlawed.

Also, regarding border collies: I didn't know this, but they have an instinctive habit to nip at heels. And regarding Golden Retrievers or Labs: These guys are so docile, it's hard to guess which one's friendlier, the collie (that, admittedly may nip at your heels), or the retrievers and labs.

But some breeds, like Rottweilers, Akitas and Dobermans, require an enormous amount of attention to how they're raised because of how friggin' stubborn they are.
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/5/2006 8:57:52 PM
This is a stupid and useless list. When will people realize that it is not breed, but handling that makes a dog behave aggressively. Also if you look at the stats, it doesn't take into account the population of each breed in the area. More people get bite by labs or goldens, not because they are necessary more aggressive, but because more people own them then say a rarer breed.
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/5/2006 9:23:18 PM
sooooo are you a vet?? a dog handler?? an expert on agressive dogs? This list is not stupid or useless. Although, I do agree with you, the way a dog is handled can certainly make him agressive, there are still breeds of dogs that will behave more aggressively, no matter what.

so, you say "look at the stats".... shall I just google it or do you have a link?

I disagree with you that more people get bit from labs or goldens.......... unless you can show me where you get your information from..... I will stand my ground and disagree.
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/5/2006 9:57:30 PM
pitbull-type (66), Rottweiler (39), German shepherd (17), husky-type (15), malamute (12), Doberman (9), chow chow (8), Saint Bernard (7), Great Dane (7) and Akita (4).

I've owned 3 of the top 10.. wonder what that says about me??
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/6/2006 1:25:04 AM
Complete, how did you find that out?? Thank you SOOOO much!!! I guess i beat my dad!!!! lol!!! Wicked thanks a lot!!!!

And whoever said this is stupid... YOU'RE f*ckin stupid!!! I was asking the top 10 because of a bet not because i wanted to know if it was the dog or the person that made it aggressive!!!
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/6/2006 4:09:22 AM
darkangel - Huskies?
You gotta be kidding!
The top 10 most aggressive dogs are the 10 who have been beaten, abused, neglected or inbred the most.
Msg: 37
view profile
Posted: 5/6/2006 5:11:08 AM
I used to work in people's homes at my last job and have been bitten by dogs twice in doing so. On both occasions the dogs were Long-Haired Dachshunds. My sister's dog trainer then told me that unlike their short-haired cousins, they are some of the most protective dogs by nature and that they tend to be extremely aggressive (especially for such a small dog).

Jack Russel terriers can be mean little **stards too.
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:36:52 PM
Pitbulls are big babies they should not be on any list.
Its the stupid owners that should be on the list.
I breed and showed these dogs for years and my kids were raised around them.
NOTHING ever happend to any one.
And I will always pick a pitbull over any other breed cause of there nature and my love for them.
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/7/2006 1:23:27 PM
Any dog can be aggressive given enough provocation. Below is a list of dog breeds that have been blacklisted by insurance companies due to liability claims:

Pit Bulls
Alaskan Malamutes
Chow Chows
American Staffordshire Terriers
Doberman Pinschers
German Shepherds
Great Danes
Siberian Huskies
Perro de Presa Canarios

I've owned 3 of the top 10.. wonder what that says about me??

Only that your bite is worse than theirs, Kaos.

Msg: 40
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:13:06 PM
blacklisted by insurance companies due to liability claims:
Ummm some care to explain that? Cause I have never had insurance for my dogs and I never will.
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:42:52 PM
From the site:

Due to the high cost of dog bite liability claims, some insurance companies have blacklisted certain breeds and are refusing to provide homeowners insurance to those who own these dog breeds.

It's not insurance on the dogs, it's home insurance and liability lawsuits resulting from dog bites/attacks that have resulted in these strictures.

Insurance companies will find ways to limit their claims. I would guess you might need to check your own company's restrictions.

Msg: 42
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:06:55 AM
The most aggressive dogs are the ones owned by idiots that don't train them properly, or just plain train them to be aggressive on purpose. Has NOTHING TO DO WITH BREED PER SAY, just who owns them.
Really getting sick of those who just want to ban dogs by breed. Just plain ignorant!!!!!
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:28:45 AM
you are all wrong chihuahuahs and small poodles are far more aggressive then pit bulls,rott weilers labradors and german shepards lol i had 2 pit bulls that were great with children and anyone else for that matter i could take them anywhere and leave them untied without worry of them attacking anyone but try walking up to a small cute little poodle and petting him chances are youd get your hand chewed up its sad that a few scumbags just happened to pick the pit bull,rott weiler and shepards which are all great dogs even family dogs if well trained and treated and teach them to kill just so they could make a few extra dollars because of people like this everyone will always fear the pit bull,rott and so on

Potentially aggressive breeds:
* Llasa Apso: can be cranky with kids
* Toy poodles: bite out of self defense
* Dachsunds: not very patient
* Rhodesian Ridgebacks: very dominant breed
* Miniature Pinschers: "big dog" mindset in little body
* Pekinese: intolerant
* Chihuahuas: prefer adults, not tolerant of kids
* Chow Chow: one-person dogs, bite without warning
* Giant Schnauzers: very dominant breed, will even challenge adults
* Old English Sheep Dog: very protective of owner
*****r Spaniel: very protective of owner
* Rottweilers: very protective
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/8/2006 12:52:37 PM
You sure it's c*ckers? all the ones we've ever had were too lazy to lift their heads most of the time. They'd just look up and go back to sleep.
Msg: 45
view profile
Posted: 5/8/2006 3:07:08 PM
I too disagree with the****r Spaniels. I think his list is pretty accurate except for that.

I had a****r growing up and the dame thing was a peach.
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/8/2006 6:20:03 PM

do you still have the website you got that from?? That is the BEST article I have ever read! I copied it & posted it on my dog/pet forums & I know they'll wan thte url.

In case you haven't already found it, it's:

Here's another interesting site. I'm pasting the link that takes you directly to which breeds are good with children. CHILDREN! I didn't check every single one but a quick scan of bulldogs, pit bulls, etc came up with "excellent with children". Interesting eh?
 stop sign
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:03:14 PM
Presa Canarios?woah wait a second my uncle Sid has always had one of them and ya know what i'm more scared of my aunts jack russel.

it's not the dog it's the owner and i'll stand by that one.

think about it: you're a dog, you're stuck on a 10 foot chain 24/7 don't you think you'd go crazy after a few days/months/years of being treated like that?

what about the dogs that are just mistreated and abused can you blame them for "getting even" with humans?

your kid jumps up and scares the dog what's the dogs natural reaction? it'll bite.

i believe that the dog always gets the first bite because most of the time there's a reason that the dog lashed out.
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:09:05 PM
In my experience, working both as a vet tech and at a pet store (doesn't make me a pro, but I handled a hellova lot of dogs):

Shar Pei
Chow Chow
C0cker Spaniel
Bichon Frise
Toy poodes

don't laugh at those small breeds... you asked about the most aggressive, not what dog could do the most damage. Shar Pei's are the most aggressive dogs I've ever had the misfortune to work with. Whenever one came into the clinic, it automatically got a muzzle.. and I don't care how sweet the owner says it is. Those things will turn on you without warning.

And I know I didn't put pit bulls on that list. I've personally never had a problem with them.
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/8/2006 11:00:01 PM
Part of the problem is that we are led to believe that there are certain types of dogs that are extremely aggressive and vicious (like pit bulls) when, in fact, some of the breeds that are more likely to bite are those you'd never think about, like poodles or terriers.

All dogs can be provoked to bite. There is really no such thing as a "bad breed."

Aggressive breeds:

Llasa Apso,Toy poodles, Dachsunds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Miniature Pinschers, Pekinese,
Chihuahuas, Chow Chow, Giant Schnauzers, Old English Sheep Dog,****r Spaniel, and Rottweilers.

You know, I was just thinking the other day.....what if the Pit Bull that I now own, displayed the same temperment as my previously owned Chihuahua?...touch anything of hers, and her teeth were bared with her eyes bulging outta their sockets!! Holy crap....baaaaad visual!!

Please view the following link. Although it focuses on Pit Bulls, it explains that in a 7 year study, in regards to dog bites....Cockerspanials are high on the list. My doggy-sitter...who is also a dog groomer, says she has had horrible experiances with****rspaniels.

Msg: 50
Posted: 5/9/2006 7:22:10 AM
Finally, people who are acknowledging that just because they are small they are not precious little harmless things. Have always hated those snappy little rat dogs, and their owners who force them on us every where we go. The other day I saw a woman with her rat dog in the store AGAIN. At first I was just annoyed, but then saw it try to nip a little kid just for walking past it. Just plain had it. Went out to the car and got my dog, half rot and half pit. Went into the store and the rat dog started flipping out while mine just calmly stood there. Checker told me I had to take him out, and I told her that if mine had to go the rat dog had to go, fair was fair. The checker agreed, and the lady shot me hate looks. I just smiled at her. (The kid's mom gave me a BIG smile.)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > HELP!!! Top 10 most aggressive dogs?????