Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 1679
view profile
History
Why men wont date independant womenPage 77 of 77    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)

I would look at other guys' profiles, but it'd kinda feel like when you avoid at all costs even glancing at another man's package after the shower at the gym.

Yikes!

C'mon guys ... where's your spirit of adventure?
 ladywyatt
Msg: 1681
Why men wont date independant women
Posted: 8/27/2007 5:57:21 PM
I happen to be one of those "****es" who make the statement that I am independent.
My statement that I am independent means....I am not looking for someone to pay my way, bail me out or make my life financially better....I am looking for a life partner....period.
My financial independence came from no other source than from my own hard work...not from an inheritance and not from an ex....I got nothing out of my divorce.
I have listened to man after man tell me about "rescuing" a poor helpless woman by paying her bills and buying her things such as cars, only for her to take the money and run......
So if that makes me a ****....so be it.....at least I'm not a blood sucking leech.
B-beautiful
I-intelligent
T-terrific
C-charming
H-hot mama
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 1683
Posted: 8/27/2007 6:04:23 PM

LOL I believe this is called selective listening; or, selective reading, in this case. I quoted two examples in msg 1840 of this happening, and they were posted as recently as yesterday. And anybody who cares to can go back through the 70+ pages of this thread and find example after example of women saying "men are just afraid of our independence". So if you have "missed those particular posts", it's because you're not paying attention. "Open-minded", huh....?

Just because I didn't validate your post/opinion or agree with you doesn't necessarily mean I've missed anything. Just like you, I could site many posts from this thread that would/could/might/may devalue your opinion, verbage, ideology, etc. But that would be silly. As for open-mindedness, if I'm not learning something from someone else's perspective ~ I'm wasting my time here. I'm sort of a glass half full kind of gal. Emotional vampires and I don't usually see eye to eye. Stereo-typing, trash talking, gender bashing and the other types of things that are prevelent (here in forums at times) aren't needed noticing/validation by me ~ there are plenty of others taking care of that side of this debate. I can assure you ~ I miss very little. And now, this is where you and I part ways, as this is technically called an "impasse".

~OT~ As an independent thinker (HA...there's that icky word again) I prefer to see something worthwhile in most things ~ seems to work for me, even if my way doesn't work for someone else. To each their own.

PS: I am headed over to Sans for dinner with her cats, those dudes are having steak tonight!!!
 kayceemenow
Msg: 1691
Posted: 8/27/2007 6:45:50 PM
I'm way behind on this, but I just wanted to tell you that you are, in my opinion, exactly right. I am extremely independent and I think a lot of the guys that I have dated have been intimidated and tried to control me and that doesn't work. It is really hard to find someone that can handle a woman who doesn't want to be handled. There are a lot of men out there who think they would like an independent woman and will tell you so, but in the end it is found out by both parties that was not the case. I commend all the men out there who date truly independent woman, I know a few of them and they are a rare breed, but they are out there.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 1694
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2007 8:35:56 PM
Thread Has Run Its Course

CLOSED
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >