Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arri
Msg: 73
One third of older women date younger menPage 2 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
^^^ Just because we like it doggy style better ... doesn't make us bossy and control freaks
 Ron9
Msg: 74
One third of older women date younger men
Posted: 7/25/2006 4:55:11 AM
Most of this age stuff is because our age is PLASTERED on our profiles. I’ve been single for three years - have not “dated” much because I don’t really see the point of ***casual*** dating.

I think - a total of about 7 females I have actually met in person in these three years. Five of that seven were from singles sites and they knew my age before hand - it was PLASTERED on my profile - their ages were from 45 to 50 - they all were in that age group.

I’ve met two - out in the real world that did not have my age in their face before hand.

#1 - was 44 years old - she ask me “how old are you - no don’t answer that - I am an expert at guessing a guy’s age” - she stared right in my face (about 1 foot away) for a bit and proclaimed me 46 years old - I said “I am” - she said “yes you are - I just don’t want to be robbing the cradle and date guys younger than I am”. Who was I to argue with an “expert” - she dragged me home the next time I ran into her.

#2 - was about a month ago. I picked her up - we had met the night before at a QuikTrip (like a 7-11 only much bigger) - she had told me she was 43 the night we met. I brought her to my house - got up close - looked her right in the face and said - “I am older than I look - does that bother you” - she said “no - you are about 51 or 52” ...................

So - all you other old goats (like me) get out in the world where they see YOU first - age don’t seem to matter all that much then.
 geoweb
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/25/2006 5:43:53 AM

So - all you other old goats (like me) get out in the world where they see YOU first - age don’t seem to matter all that much then.

As usual, we are in agreement, Ron...I have had the same type of experiences.

Age seems to be very important on the internet..in spite of all the discussions about 'its only a number', but far less important in face to face introductions. Perhaps it is because we all have preconceptions of what someone looks like at a certain chronological 'age'

I have met some women that defied logic....some are much younger than their 'age' in physical appearance, attitude and activity levels. I have also encountered the reverse....
 cotter
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2006 6:39:34 AM
I have met some women that defied logic....some are much younger than their 'age' in physical appearance, attitude and activity levels.
Yes ... and that's where we run into problems ...

Not all men ... I repeat ... NOT ALL MEN our age act like old farts, stick-in-the-mud, set-in-their ways, couch potatos. Unfortunately, they are few and far between and most are unavailable ... married .. or already taken.

So what should we do? Should we just get out there and run circles around the guys ...

... while fending off the younger gentlemen who are willing to keep up with us, embrace our younger attitudes and activity levels ... embrace the flexibility that we seek (make time for us in their otherwise busy schedules? I'm still a viable creature ... with viable needs.

I don't feel guilty about wanting a companion who will acknowledge that and make an effort to meet me half way. I refuse to feel guilty about not being able to bring myself to lay around all day ... spending time with a man who has no interest in exploring any kind of activity that takes him more than 5 yards from the house ...
 arri
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/25/2006 3:22:40 PM
Actually, each to his/her own as far as I am concerned.

However, I really dislike 40 some year old women that publicly bash 40 some year old men.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/25/2006 6:03:05 PM
When you get to be my age, there aren't many OLDER men, lol
 geoweb
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/26/2006 5:04:18 AM
Older women are often more interesting and have a better mindset than a lot of younger girls. I'm 20 and often find older women attractive

Just what do you mean by 'mindset'?

I'm not sure you could handle most of these women....

Ladies...do you want a

Hawkdream
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 4:31:34 PM
I wonder how much influence the fact that many of us are still working full time has. And what about the fact that many of us are raising children or grandchildren and many men our age are retired and don't want to be bothered/compete with children? Then there's the whole other thing about men "our age" only wanting someone who is "financially secure" (which I guess means she was able to save most of her paycheck over the years or was left a sizeable insurance policy or divorce settlement), or has the freedom, time and funds (or at least freedom and time) to travel with them all the time (which I would happily do if someone wanted to support my granddaughter & me, for the next 3 years and me for however long I/he/the marriage lasts).
 cotter
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2006 6:01:25 PM
@hawkdream ... I hear ya' ... I'm fairly new at my career and still intend to work for some time. Without exception ... I have found that men my age are wanting to settle down and travel. Now I do not have the responsibility of a grandchild ... however, I do still have the responsibility of putting a roof over my head, food on my table, gas in my car, providing my own insurance benefits .......

I have had older men tell me how well off they are (and prove it ... one was a millionare doctor) and offer me the life of luxury if I quit working and just follow them around ... doing whatever they want to do ... golf, travel, sailing, lecturing ... the whole nine yards. But what if the relationship doesn't work out? Let's not mention that my work gives my life meaning. (hahaha ... I'll never forget that doctor offering me the possibility of doing "volunteer work" in a hospital in order to fulfill that need! WTF? My field of interest is Home Health Nursing ... I'd be totally out of my element in a doggone hospital.)

I've given up my career ... my house ... my whole means of supporting myself and providing myself with retirement security. If they decide to "dump" me ... I doubt they will have provided for that in a pre-nup! No sir-ree ... I'm on the street.

So dating a slightly (not talking about a man young enough to be my son!) "younger gentleman" is the best solution for me ... he's still getting up and going to work everyday ... gets his alloted vacation per year (as I would still get) and together we can work on taking it at the same time on some beach! Together we can build a life together ... fill it with our dreams and activities ... and hopefully retire at about the same age ... together.
 cotter
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2006 1:42:25 PM

It's because:

*we can't find men our age who can keep up with us.
*men our age won't get off the doggone couch and do stuff with us.
*men our age are so stuck in their own agendas and schedules that they won't make room for our interests ... stuck in their ways!
*many (not all) are really out of shape and won't admit it to themselves (wow ... I'm gonna get bashed for that one ... I can hear it now ... INCOMING! ... time to duck!

At least that has been my experience ... JMO
 arri
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/11/2006 8:32:03 PM
I only come here because this is the only place I am still the younger man
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/7/2006 5:39:38 PM
..richard6,

I have always believed that society has always been more acceptive of the older man, younger woman relationship. It has only been the last 5-10 years that its becoming a lot more
accepted for an older woman to date younger, and thats mainly due to public figures such as Susan Sarandon and Demi Moore. The ladies are saying if they can, why can't we. I for one am more comfortable within my own age group, 5 years either way. I have dated younger, but at the time I was younger as well. I was 35 and he was 25. I am quite sure the reason we only dated for about 6 months was because of the age difference. I felt like people were judging me and I was not comfortable. He never let the age thing bother him and I guess I shouldn't have either but the fact was, it did. With that being said, I will not judge others who chose to date younger, its whatever your comfortable with, falling in love is hard enough these days.
Good luck to you all.

...maeflowers
 texasbaby
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2006 6:51:30 AM
I'm not dating a younger man and I'd never put down men my own age. Older men have their merits, without a doubt.
BUT heck! Those young butts sure look good in a pair of tight jeans!

texasbaby
 Scintillating_Angel
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2006 7:45:27 PM

BUT heck! Those young butts sure look good in a pair of tight jeans!

texasbaby - they ain't looking too bad when they crawl outa them tight jeans either
 withoutcha
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2006 4:29:45 AM
my grandmother once told me, women that say they do dont, and women that say they dont do, no wonder im all screwed up. <~~~~~i like him
 withoutcha
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2006 4:32:59 AM
texasbaby, turn around, i wanna see those jeans from the front, and of course ,your face is on that side too, right? hoping she says yes.about the face part :0)
 withoutcha
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2006 4:53:30 AM
all guys get attracted to a woman for sex, a guy doesnt say, wow, you have nice hair,and maybe she does, hes thinking, this woman has a nice azz, legs,waist<~my personal fav.breasts,eyes, thats what guys do, women just wont or cant understand that simple fact,i hear ya, not my man,he likes my pancakes, if ya wanna make alot of money, open a class for women, teach them what men really think, ill teach it for ya, i dont need a degree, hell im a man,i have a masters, i like , and all men like, a sexy, dirty thinking, not afraid to try anything,, hot thinking woman, i want to scream, wake the f--- up, why do you think were single , and over forty? ill tell ya, when we first met ya , we lied,but whats worse, you believed it, we thought we were slick, we got away with it, hi my names alan, and im single again after 30 yrs, tell women what you really think, the one that hears you? keep her, wow!!!! ok thats over lol
 texasbaby
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2006 8:24:31 AM
A guy sometimes DOES say wow you have nice hair,,,, I know he's thinking how she'd look if that's all she was wearing..... younger/older men,,,, the thought process is the same. All I have to say about that is ~~~~

fkf
 Cinnamoncat2006
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/10/2006 9:03:54 AM
Like an earlier post says, age is just a number. I've dated older and I would certainly date younger guys. It definitely depends on the personality.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/10/2006 5:25:00 PM
Well said my wise young friend, cut & paste....................ps can I give out your e-mail
address? haha

...maeflowers
 windowshopping04
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/10/2006 7:44:21 PM
When I was 38 years old, I started a relationship with a man who turned out to be 23. I say turned out to be because when we started dating, neither of us knew or cared what age the other was and it didn't occur to us to ask each other until several weeks of dating had passed.

We had fun, we went places, we did things, we learned from each other. Our ages had nothing to do with the mutual attraction we felt. And when the relationship ended, it had nothing to do with age - it had to do with the same sorts of reasons that break up a lot of people: loss of trust, dishonesty, unequal balance of power/investment in the relationship.

In my past, I've also dated men who were 15-17 years my senior. Again, age had nothing to do with our choice to pursue or not pursue a relationship.

As usual, Colin summed it up brilliantly - he does that a lot, here.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 130
Posted: 9/12/2006 1:25:27 PM

Rejection..Ha,I cant even Buy a girlfriend,imagine that.

How much are you willing to pay?
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 138
Posted: 9/13/2006 8:34:08 PM
I have not dated older nor younger for like an eternity it seems! However, I did meet a man this morning on POF who lives 50 miles from me and he is 47. His first question was did I mind the age difference. I told him, no, as long as we have things that are compatible.
Well we talked on IM for awhile, just long enough for me to see what he wanted. He asked me if I was looking for a man. I answered, seeing this is a dating site, yes. It took him about 5 minutes to ask me to have lunch with him. I told him no, I would have to know him better than that. Then another 5 minutes to ask me if I would be willing to have an intimate sexual encounter with him. I kept my cool and politely told him no, and he tried to convince me, but it didn't work. So would I date a younger man, probably not. I don't blame a man for trying and he was pretty upfront about it, but that's not my cup of tea!!
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 140
Posted: 9/14/2006 9:25:15 AM
better, yep, just a few minutes. That was all I needed to see what was happening, LOL Better to nip it in the bud quick I see nothing wrong with dating younger men, but at my age, most men are younger
 ladyc4
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/14/2006 11:09:44 AM
I draw the line at "young enough to be my son, or old enough to be my dad",rather than worrying about specific numbers, and look instead for someone who's on the same mental, physical, emotional page and wavelength as I am( which takes out the kitty hunters, the "geezer seeks nurse" crowd, the fools who believe old locker room fantasies, etc.)
Litmus test? if someone else assumes the guy is my DH or SO,we're in the ball park. If they refer to him as my son or my dad, it's back to the drawing board LOL.
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >