Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 297
One third of older women date younger menPage 5 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

Control? Could that be why some people are so upset about this age deal? They can't control what someone else is doing? God Forbid someone else have their own ideas in life! Nah, it couldn't be about control could it?

...maybe it is about control....and here I thought it was about choices and the freedom to make those choices....hmmm, but control is all about taking away those choices isn't it, our feedoms, our very existance...taking over our bodies completely....like in the Body Snatchers....oh sorry, sometimes I tend to get a bit carried away... Yeah so I've dated an occasional younger guy, didn't work out no biggie.

...maeflowers
 NancyC123
Msg: 300
One third of older women date younger men
Posted: 10/31/2007 8:45:04 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot lately and here's my personal theory on this...

Young men in their 20's and 30's, in this day and age, are A LOT more mature than they were when we older women were THEIR age! I think they're more mature,(some, anyway), and more aware of themselves then when I was their age. There's something very appealing about that. Guys these days in their 20s and 30s seem to know what they want. Some are more intellectual and intelligent and, for ME, that's what attracts me to them!

Now, whether they are mature enough to want a full-on serious relationship with a woman 10 years or more older than they are, that's when it gets tricky. I, for one, DO want a long-term lasting relationship that will eventually evolve into marriage - but a guy that much younger than I am, may just want a fleeting relationship - nothing serious for now. So, it can be a bit of a danger zone.

However, the pics on this site of the 20 and 30 year old guys are sometimes so attractive, (and that includes some of their profiles, as well), that I have to shake my head when I notice their age!!! LOL
 1frantastic
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 8:12:56 PM

You women haven't heard the new prime age for a man is 55[quote/]

oh really??? good that is "prime" for me...although my current "friend" is 40 and he is rather "prime" if I do say so....love the way he thinks, sense of humor, outlook (positive) on life,a go-getter....professional and cowboy (raises horses for showing)...we can talk for hours on phone (while he is feeding horses, doing chores...ect..)..love a man who can multi-task.....lol...and LOOK SO GOOD DOING IT!!!

and for those who think "wayyyy over age" makes a difference...it still boils down to the people involved.... and besides...as it was said by my age peer (we are both 65 and women) there aren't many men older( and still kickin') available to choose from...

and unless my age is written on my forehead...no one knows it anyway....(of course POF does) so viva' la difference'.....

an 18-wheeler stopping on top of me couldn't keep me down...so what do I care what people say about "robbing the cradle".....it's my turn and I'm playing!!!!

Angelnurse10
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2007 11:28:09 AM
firefighter I think I love you. LOL. Sorry got carried away there for a minute. LOL Your post always make me smile
Your so right, we need not to be so focused on age. If your happy with someone and you have "that smile on your face" because of it, who cares what the rest of the world thinks.
 fancynanci
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 11:12:03 AM
I date younger men for two reasons: (a) They ask me out, and men my age generally don't; and (b) They're sooooooooooo very cute
 Gustavo_Astoria NYC
Msg: 308
Posted: 6/24/2008 3:31:20 PM
I would like to meet that 1/3 of women. I find it hard to meet older women and yes sometimes it can be frustrating liking older women. I've had some friends in the past but that's all they were. I never actually ended in a sexual relationship with them, I still have some friends but what is the key to get you women in bed? Some are insecure about their body or age. Some take for ever to decide...

gustavo_albany
Albany NY
 spitfire6844
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2008 5:54:01 PM
Those relationships are pretty much a joke. The women are dating younger because they can't find suitable guys their age (their contemporaries are dating younger women or foreign women, or are just loners). When you see these older women/younger men couples, they look like misfits. The guys rarely handle themselves with any confidence or class. I saw a couple like this the other day on a busy downtown sidewalk, and the younger guy didn't even follow the custom of walking on the outside (street-side) of the woman. As they held hands, she had his hand in hers and was leading him down the sidewalk. It looked like a mother and son.

These relationships may make sense for quick one-nighters, but they are a total joke for LTRs. A quick look at women like Linda Hogan proves this point. Older women would even be better off finding immigrants or foreign professional men in their same socioeconomic class rather than embarrassing themselves with younger boy-toys. It looks ridiculous.
 Hawkdream
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 5:19:29 PM
Well, since our "contemporaries" are dating the younger women or foreigners, that leaves the younger men for us "cougars". Since I'm not willing to be anybody's "one night stand" or "intimate encounter" (what an oxymoron), and am looking for character, responsibility, intelligence, interesting conversation, depth and similar values, I think anyone who judges others on preconcieved notions based on just one aspect, such as this kind of double-standard is a few bricks shy of a load.
 lexibest
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2008 6:16:41 PM
Well, guess I am an "older woman"...way older! lol

I will say this about that....I would and have dated a guy younger than I...but I do prefer to date someone within a "few" years of me.

As we age with our partner I prefer someone who is my equal in regards to health and aging....seems if one or both suffer any health issues, etc..the other would be more caring and compassionate. Maybe more willing to sit on the "sideline" for a bit...than to continue to move on without the other.

I think with a greater age difference, either way, the younger of the two might grow impatient and lose understanding in the "golden years"!

Guess my "fairy tale" is happily EVERafter!!
 Hawkdream
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 3:46:52 PM
Well said, Sherri!
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 4:50:46 PM
Did you know that 50% of people who are in relationships are dating someone younger than they are?
 Beccad27
Msg: 324
Posted: 8/24/2009 7:04:20 PM
From personel experience, it is awesome! They like to do fun things and laugh and there is no huge drama or dilemma's most of the time and they say the same about us!. Heck, I wish there were more out there that will date older women. Anywhere up to 10-12 years, much more than that it can cause problems when you age, I think!
 calendergal
Msg: 330
Posted: 11/15/2009 1:27:05 PM
I never thought of staying with the younger guys and I think there is no pressure to commit to them but they are fun
 spunkybum52
Msg: 331
Posted: 11/15/2009 9:27:28 PM
I've been with a few young men myself and find them very disappointing. They lack experience and know how....i much prefer older men. I think older women go for younger men because they think the younger guys are going to give it to them better, and 2ndly for their own ego sake that they can still catch a young guy. Mind you, yes maybe the younger guys have more to give in certain "areas", but a lot of them do not know how to do much more. I don't really like younger guys.

I have received more offers than I can count from younger men, and all of them tell me they love older women. However, a lot of them say in their emails that maybe "you can teach me something". Sweetie, I am not here to teach, I am here to enjoy. I don't like trying to teach a man what to do. I tried that once to a very young man that literally begged to be with me. After a few attempts, and him not learning, I gave it up. I prefer the more experienced myself.
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 333
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:25:19 AM
Thats very interesting.....

If you're looking at it from a sexual standpoint well women seem to be at their peak between 30-45 and men usually anywhere from 25-35 ..... BEFORE YOU GET MAD!!!lol
Im not saying there aren't women or men outside of that age bracket that aren't hot and heavy all the time ........

Looking at it from a Relationship standpoint some women that are older are very athletic and like a young guy to keep up with them, but really in a relationship it isnt really the age but more of compatibility and where the 2 people are at in their lives...

Everyone is different, my last like 4 relationships have been with women at least 8 yrs older than me, yet Ive had some women my age younger or even 2 years older than me tell me i'm too young for them.... Of course I laugh it off Obviously I dont generally attract and date older women because i'm still a kid or immature for my age....

Life experiences create wisdom which is a part of maturity, there are alot of close minded people in the world, if you really think about it age is just a number...You can be 25 and have gone through just as much if not more than people who are much older than you..... Age means nothing
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 337
Posted: 11/19/2009 11:22:18 AM
and the younger guy didn't even follow the custom of walking on the outside (street-side) of the woman.

And gosh, this is so important! With ladies elaborate silk skirts so much more difficult to clean than men's trousers. Carriage drivers are just SO inconsiderate.

Merrylass
Msg: 341
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 12:34:43 PM
I've only had a relationship with one guy older than me. All the rest have been from 4-10 years younger. Thing is, they have more energy and overall zip and zest for life - like me! And, really, once you're past 30, even 10 years isn't a huge difference in age.
 bodylogic09
Msg: 342
Posted: 11/22/2009 12:44:35 PM
I think age is a NUMBER! My ex is 35. We had some GREAT times!!
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 343
Posted: 11/22/2009 2:13:51 PM
Now what would you call a man who consistantly dates older women?

Age is just a number, when you realize that you're one step ahead in life.

I am 27 years old since I was 23 years old I have dated women 35+ also since being 23 Ive had women even younger than me or a coupe years older tell me I was too young..lol

Its one of those things you have to laugh at because you know in your mind that if they only truely gave you a chance you would teach them a big lesson in life. ( not to stereotype)
When I was even younger I was more close minded about alot of things, I thought the world was black and white, but thats not the case at all, theres a big gray area sometimes.

What can ultimately bring two people together, is compatibility, wisdom and really understanding where you're both at in life.

Now Wisdom is gained through life experiences, not everyones the same, alot of people want to assume that every guy thats 27, is a player and a party animal and isnt at the same spot in life as a woman who is 36, 37 or whatever, the fact is Just because someone is older doesn't mean they have been through more experiences in life and doesnt mean they have more wisdom, Believe me My hats are off to my elders, I respect them dearly, but at 27 personally I have been on my own since I was 18 years old, I have been around the U.S.A I have had quite a few jobs, I have quite the resume.

Now theres people in there 30's or 40's that never really left the starting line in life, and havent been through as much as some younger people have, so whos to say that just because based on a number you're not compatible for someone.

Now when you want to talk sexual, A man is a man is a man, When you are a man that knows how to talk to a woman inside and outside of the bedroom, and knows how to please a woman in the bedroom, basically you know just exactly how to be a MAN! than you have something over this woman, and at that point your age is tossed out the window, cuz we all know ladies, theres still guys in there 30's and 40's who still havent quite figured out how to be a man and take care of business in the bedroom.

So, if you are wise beyond your years, mature, and know how to please any women at any age, why should your age disqualify you?

Ps. I also notice alot of older men get really touchy around this subject, like they get so bitter almost seems like jealousy.. Come on guys you were young once too, it just took you alot longer to figure out what women want!....lol
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 345
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:04:32 PM
Why shouldn't older women date younger men? It's a moot point.
 ryankennedy72
Msg: 347
Posted: 2/7/2012 9:26:10 PM
i wanna find some older woman
 What_He_Said
Msg: 348
Posted: 2/8/2012 1:47:53 AM
To the OP's original post: I'm not sure I really understand why this is somehow novel, news or even a real subject of concern. Except to those engaging in it.

Are these people over the age of majority? Yes.

Are they able to form and make their own decisions? Again, yes.

If they want to do this then I say more power to them. If that is what they want, and that is what they are looking for, then by all means go for it. They can be a good judge of what type of situation they are getting into. Why they do it is really their own business.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 349
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:44:28 AM
What is older? if she is a year older than him is that considered older???
 want to travel
Msg: 352
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2012 11:47:52 AM
really who cares, if older women are strating to date younger men.....
 ixtlan09
Msg: 353
Posted: 2/12/2012 8:27:03 PM
Demi Moore as an example? The same Demi Moore whose younger man has left her? The same one that looks like a sack of bones? The same one that recently (and perhaps not for the first time) overdosed on designer marijuana (or huffing cans of cool whip depending on which report you believe)?

Yeah, women certainly want to use her as an example of how to live their lives. What a wonderful moral compass.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >