Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 544
view profile
History
Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?Page 18 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I can tell you one thing, I'm quite tall and I have dated a fair number of tall women (6ft and over.) I will say that when I do date a tall woman they love to break out the 4 inch stilettos that they rarely get to wear out, from my perspective it's rather strange being almost eye to eye with a woman as I'm rarely eye to eye with anyone let alone a date. This could lead some tall guys away from tall women. As for me the only thing that scares me away is personality.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 547
view profile
History
Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?
Posted: 3/1/2013 5:34:01 PM
I got so tired of dating those tall manly supermodels, I mean after you date one manly supermodel you've see them all.
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 548
Posted: 3/2/2013 4:03:13 AM
It must just be you, because I don't find this to be true, I have no problem getting the attention of men as tall as 6'4". The tall men that have rejected you may just have a preference of short women, it's ok get over it, people spend way too much time worrying about the ones they can't catch that they actually miss out on the ones that they can!! I know this may sound like jibberish(yes I'm hung over) but it rings true if you can be honest with yourself.
 south_city
Msg: 550
Posted: 12/28/2014 9:49:51 AM
A woman's height makes no difference to me. Most women I have dated have been much shorter than me because of the laws of probability. About 95% of women are shorter than 5' 9". But I would have no problem dating a woman that is around my height or taller if the opportunity presented itself.

http://halls.md/average-height-women-along-height-weight-chart/
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 551
Posted: 12/28/2014 12:12:53 PM
Because the tall women will quickly figure out that I'm 6'2 WITH shoes on.

The shorter ones think I'm really tall:)
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 552
Posted: 12/28/2014 6:08:03 PM
Why won't women date men shorter than they are generally speaking?
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 553
Posted: 12/28/2014 6:44:02 PM
Because a tall man has more choices as all the short women want to date him too. A 5-9 man can date a woman 5-7 and down if he is lucky. They do have to wear the 4 in heels and still look up at the man.. While 6-2 man can date anyone 6ft and down.
Every woman 4-11 and up want to date him. So the tall woman better have something good going on or other women would catch him. Its all about supply and demand.
 TooShadows
Msg: 554
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2014 11:56:59 AM
Most men just prefer women shorter than themselves. I'm one of the exceptions in that I like very tall women. Something about long legs,I guess. I've dated several women close to or over 6 feet,and my current girlfriend is 6'4",2 inches taller than me.
 south_city
Msg: 555
Posted: 12/29/2014 8:07:51 PM
Most men just prefer women shorter than themselves.

I'm sure there are some men that feel this way, But in general I think height is more important to women. Even if a man has a mild preference for shorter women, I doubt a large percentage of men would turn down an physically attractive tall woman just because of her height.
 Countryheart1967
Msg: 556
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 6:44:50 AM

I doubt a large percentage of men would turn down a physically attractive woman just because of her height .

It's tough to beat being my height (5'4") and slow dancing with a tall woman.
Just saying. :D
 basilisk123
Msg: 557
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 11:30:21 AM
Well, if I was a short man and was dating a tall woman. Then she couldn't get mad at me for staring at her chest lol. I mean they are at eye level.
Actually, now that I think about it, I think there is a fetish out there for taller women. "Amazon" fetish or something like that. Then you got the extreme, which is giantess fetish.

As for the topic of tall men not being into tall women, I think it is about bodytype preference is all. I think it is about an individuals being interested in short women rather than a generalized "all tall men" statement. To put it another way, I think it is just a few peoples preference, not representive of the whole.
 Coma_White
Msg: 558
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 1:36:14 PM
I honestly think most guys will look at weight and personal hygene long before they think about a woman's height. I'm around 5'8 and I've dated women that were 5'2 and 6'2.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 559
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2014 4:21:11 PM
I must live in the land of short women. I see plenty that are close to my height, but half my age. When they get close to my age, they're a foot shorter than me, but make up for it by being a foot farther around.
 ondayone
Msg: 560
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2015 7:00:51 PM
I'm tall, always like the Idea of tall females, yet to have ever lived with one... 5' 8 / 9" is not tall
 petula1908
Msg: 561
Posted: 1/2/2015 9:40:16 PM
My sisters and a cousin are tall, 5'9" and they married men over 6 feet. Most men need to feel taller, bigger than their partners as it makes them feel superior or more masculine I guess. Tall men are in demand by both taller and shorter women but when I see 5ft women with 6'2" guys, I do wonder about that. I agree that at 6'1" you are very tall but I have two nieces who are 6ft and they found men the same height. They don't ever wear heels though.
 petula1908
Msg: 562
Posted: 1/2/2015 9:42:00 PM
I would feel uncomfortable with a man shorter than me but not all women feel this way. I am 5'4" and I prefer men at least 5'8". However if the guy is well built and has other things going on then 5'7" wouldn't worry me. Women think about not wanting short sons as they have a harder time in life very often. Asian women and others of the petite races often marry men who are considered short by Western standards and this is often why the men get the mail order brides or go to these countries to find a partner.
 Cycling99
Msg: 563
Posted: 1/3/2015 9:09:23 AM
Tiny ones are difficult to kiss?! lmao
 south_city
Msg: 564
Posted: 1/3/2015 10:25:40 AM
I honestly think most guys will look at weight and personal hygene long before they think about a woman's height.

Agreed. Being obese or having bad breath / body odor are dealbreakers for me. Being tall is not.
 Maleman999
Msg: 565
Posted: 1/3/2015 1:32:46 PM
Most tall women have big feet, and I'm not a feet guy. But if she's able to contort her body to put her feet behind her head (while in the bedroom), I might overlook it.
 Pirate_Peat
Msg: 566
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2015 4:41:07 PM
Scrolls found at the depths of the sea told story that it's not the ratio of height of Man vs Woman, but more that of the Winkie vs Woman.

A big girl must require a big.. dinner, this would put a certain % of the tall-man market at a hampered enthusiasm.

If you want a tall man you may need to increase you approach to more aggressive and less of the passive(waiting game), but not to much you might scare him away (he's scared already you see)
 patchjoker13
Msg: 568
Posted: 1/22/2016 9:21:48 AM
I once dated a girl that was a bit taller than me and it was fine. When she wore heels she looked much taller and I did not care. I am sure that some guys would not like a woman taller than them but usually the man being shorter is a bigger problem with the girls. Multiple studies on human sexual preferences claim that most women want a guy who is taller than them because it fills a "protector" role reinforced by the need to perpetuate stronger genes.
 Coma_White
Msg: 569
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2016 11:46:20 AM

I once dated a girl that was a bit taller than me and it was fine. When she wore heels she looked much taller and I did not care. I am sure that some guys would not like a woman taller than them but usually the man being shorter is a bigger problem with the girls. Multiple studies on human sexual preferences claim that most women want a guy who is taller than them because it fills a "protector" role reinforced by the need to perpetuate stronger genes.

I've dated a lot of women that were taller than me. I'm only 5'8 and I've dated women over 6 feet. Never seemed to be an issue and they never felt less attraction for me because they were taller. They could even wear heels and I wouldn't mind. It's like Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love.
 gfe0787
Msg: 570
Posted: 1/22/2016 12:01:34 PM
I am 5'0, but that doesn't stop really tall men (6'0+) from messaging me. I think the tallest was 6'6- which is too much and I did not reply. I actually prefer shorter men 5'6-5'8 range, but they rarely contact me and when they do, they don't say much. =(
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 571
Posted: 1/22/2016 12:13:48 PM

Most men need to feel taller, bigger than their partners as it makes them feel superior or more masculine I guess.

Sounds like a bad guess to me.

Do you actually see a lot of men mention in their profiles that a woman must be smaller AND shorter than them?

Because I actually do see a lot of women mention in THEIR profiles that a man must be taller than them, or taller than a specific height, or at least a specific height.

So I see the height problem as more a woman thing than a man thing.

I am 5'4" and I prefer men at least 5'8". However if the guy is well built and has other things going on then 5'7" wouldn't worry me.

Yes, I have heard that being well built takes all the worry away about an inch.

Women think about not wanting short sons as they have a harder time in life very often.

Yes, and this is an example of why they might have a harder time:

I would feel uncomfortable with a man shorter than me

Better to solve the problem than perpetuate it.
 5578jimmy
Msg: 572
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2016 12:57:17 PM
ouch is right, i myself love tall women. then again its not a deal breaker. but when you think your not blending in its because those of us that see you love that your tall
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >