Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?Page 2 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I'm 6' 9" and I'm wondering,

Where are all these women that love tall guys? I've been looking but can't seem to find them...

towman72gmc
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?
Posted: 5/25/2006 11:44:22 PM
I'm 6'8" and I seem to attract shot women. Tall women rarely seem interested in me. I dated 1 women that was 6' but it didn't work out. One of my most intence relationships was with a woman that was 5'2".

I had the hots for a girl that was 6'3" a few year back but she was not interested in me. She later married a guy that was 5'5" and built like a stick.
 whater39
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 12:53:25 PM

Sometimes guys like shorter women because it makes them feel manly. Like...the dominate one or something.

I knew someone would post this comment. Thoose peope are messed in the head.

I have asked several girl this. They safe a big guy makes them feel protected. Then I said which is more protecting: a tall ****, or a short Bruce Lee. And some reason they say it's another "type" of protection.

I'd like to quote the great Martin Luther King. "judge a person by the content of their character, not the color of there skin"
that sounds also cover there height, etc.
 bookie1
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 2:02:30 PM
There is this great tale about a taller woman and a shorter man;

Tall woman to shorter man: " What would people say if we started to date?"
Shorter man to taller woman :" They would say lovely to see you Dr. and Mrs. Kissinger."

( he is 5'4 his wife 5 11)
Height is a relative issue, being comfortable and at home in your own skin is what will make you more attractive to everyone. I am 6ft in my bare feet and have dealt with my fair share of people not wanting to date me etc because of my height. I have always found that such an odd reason not to be engaged by someone.

What happens if 10, 20, 30 + years down the line if the person you love or cherish is injured and no longer looks the same do you leave, no you stay because you know it is who they are not what they are that matters in life.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/9/2006 5:26:03 PM
Speaking as an average male...5'7"... it's frustrating on the dating scene when a 5'1" woman specifies a minimum height of 5'11"...what's with that? a 10" height difference otherwise you're not in the race?

They really are missing out with such a narrow criteria.
 vbxtc
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:06:20 AM
I chose to date the people that I feel are compatible and make me happy. I'm 6'5" and I've dated women from 5' to 6'4". My longest-term relationship/ex-fiance is 5'7", so you could say we met in the middle! I actually like dating taller women because there's nothing sexier than looking into someones eyes from very close range. There simply don't seem to be as many of them around, and it still comes down to chemistry.

ps. A female friend who's 6'1" owns the greatest t-shirt, "Kiss a tall person, it's worth the climb!". She claims it gets her MANY offers.
 MrGordonGecko
Msg: 146
Posted: 9/19/2006 5:29:44 PM
Well, maybe the tall woman is ugly.

Height doesn't mean too much if you have a face that could stop a clock.

A good looking guy at 5'6 is probably going to do better dating wise than an ugly guy at 7'0

The problem for tall women is that it's not generally socially acceptable for her to date a shorter man. Even men base their dating decisions on this reality. So her options are immediately limited. If she's ugly to boot, it becomes doubly hard to date. Shorter women aren't necessarily more attractive than tall women, it's just the social framework of dating means shorter women have more options. More options = more likely success in dating.

Height is a component of good looks, but you have to be good looking first for that height to work as a bonus for you.
 sddude
Msg: 148
Posted: 9/19/2006 10:39:21 PM
Well I suck , I am 5 ft 5 in , invariably most all women want a guy at least around 5 ft 9 in or they will not consider dating a guy even if the girl is 5ft or less still want that tall guy to show off other women , feel a highrer status , etc.. even if he is ugly and not a very good guy to begin with.

I have gotten out with women that are now my "friends" they turned me down for my size but thought I was the greatest guy in the world, they dated some tall guys that were full of themselves because dating was easy for those guys and that reflected their attitude , I always end up the guy that helps my friends out, one day I will get fed up and let those guys physically abuse and hurt them. Why should I be better than them ? It does not help to be a great guy. After they are hurt badly then maybe they will see me like I wanted to be seen as in the first place . Sounds like a game, but I have less cards in my hand .

Women even here seem to think it is ridiculous to go out with a short guy even if the guy is taller than they.

Most guys do not care if they date a tall or a short women , that goes for really tall guys , they have a greater dating pool, they can date tall and short, if more white and black women are an average of 5 ft 6 to 7 inches and ethnic are less than 5 ft 4in as an average they do not necessarly ignore taller women , it is just they liked the women they liked, taller women are not common , why look for one specifically not all may not be attractive to him just as shorter women .

The ops question is not really all that logical, why do you not see more guys look for more guys other than being taller than you or way taller than you ?

same goes for age and body type , yes attraction most guys see taller and short women attractive , women see tall guys attractive but would not be caught dead with a short guy , even fat ugly tall guys has better luck .
 Funme40
Msg: 152
Posted: 9/20/2006 8:44:55 AM
A men who’s 6’6” with a woman who’s 5’0? He probably have some weird fetish like having a blow job from a woman while they are both standing up…
 Savoi
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2006 7:34:11 PM
Love tall women!
 Sensuous_Knight
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 11:34:51 AM
Am I on the same planet as you people are on? I thing the question of this thread is BACKWARDS! ... Because EVERY tall man I've ever known had NO Problem with dating equally tall women and if you browse thru mens adds on here, you wont see a Max Ht. for tall guys when they look for a woman. Granted, finding tall women used to be an issue in some areas, but with the internet, thats no problem now.

I agree with Rocky444, who said that "Tall women always say NO to us short guys" ... and whats worse, is that even short women say no to guys not 6in taller or more! Look around on here, at how many women insist on much taller men . If I was a short woman, I dont think I would want my nose at the same height as his armpit!? I'm only 5'9" and I don't really consider that "short" but more like medium, and I have dated women taller than me, especially when they wore heels. It didn't bother me, I LOVE long legs and high heels on a lady, but I could notice it made her uncomfortable, because she started wearing flats, and then soon disappeared without a word. ... I recently ask out some one here that was 5'3" (six inches short than me) and she replied back, that I must not have read her profile completely, because it stated her Minimum date height as 5'10"! .... ooooh, I'm so sorry I wasn't 7" taller than her instead of 6"

So like I said about this thread being backwards, ... the question should be,
"Why don't short women, date short men, ... or at least more thier size, instead of a foot over thier heads?" That's what I'd like to know!?

Sensuous Knight
 Sensuous_Knight
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 2:05:39 PM
LMAO, .. thank you, ChocolateBrowne, ... but I personally think those obnoxious, overbearing types are trying to compensate for Something Short, but it's Not their height! ... and unfortunatelly, there ARE alot of men like that out there, but it doesn't matter how short or tall they are. For example, my exwife's previous husband, was 6'2" and mean & obnoxious enought to beat her up so bad she was hospitalized more than once needing plastic surgery for the damage he had done. (She is 5'0" by the way) I've never raised a hand to harm a woman, but I had to deal with the mental scars her left behind, and after 11 yrs of marriage, she still had nightmares about him.

( If only I could find him once in the cross-hairs of a sniper-scope)

Sensuous_Knight
 Caspian
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2007 6:19:15 AM

I've noticed this, anyway. It seems that the majority of tall men seem to date deliberately short women (I'm talking 6ft6 guys with 5ft0 women). Are there any tall guys out there who like tall women?!

...I'm a bitter 6ft1 woman, in case you hadn't guessed ;)

I haven't read the whole thread but thought I would point this out. Short guy might say the exact opposite. He's bitter because all tall girls will only date tall guys. Will you date short guys ? Height shouldn't matter it should be about the feeling that you have together.
 cupholder
Msg: 191
Posted: 8/31/2007 12:51:06 PM
Or rather, why don't tall women date short guys? Perhaps you should be bitter at yourself for being a hypocrite.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2007 4:18:00 PM
Women like men to be taller because they like to feel protected, and men like to date smaller women because they like to feel they can protect the woman.

So smaller women are preferred, and taller men are preferred. The taller men just ask out the smallest women that aren't considered dwarfs.
 _Justin_Time_
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:07:21 PM
The same reason why tall women rarely date shorter men.
 racerxxx58
Msg: 205
Posted: 9/1/2007 6:33:16 AM
Well this 6ft 2 guy loves tall women. I find that tall women are extremely sexy! Dating a tall woman makes me very proud to be seen with her, especially if she is very pretty. I like to be seen with a tall woman!
 itguynextdoor
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/1/2007 7:15:46 AM
OP we do!
It is a matter of personal taste for most. Some guys like to feel the protector it is a primitive nerological function that we have not let go of after eons.
I am 6'2 and one of the best relationships I was in was with a woman standing 6'5 with out heels. It is also a matter of personality. If you are a stong woman and many that I have met in the last few years tend to be than being a tall strong woman means you may not be a good fit for a 5'10 ego centric male. Simply because physically you imasulate him. Find someone comfy in there own skin!

As for the guys there is nothign quite like a generous gorgous taller woman with long legs that can wrap you up in the heat of passion. I have heard guys complain about ex's laying there. My experiance dictates the taller stronger personality women out there tend to be able to do things that someone at 5'3 jsut can not.

Good luck and happy fishing.
 Donnchadh
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 7:25:33 AM
Because "tall" women are rare treasures....I haven't been able to find someone in my age group.

Donnchadh, who is 6' 4"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >