Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 288
Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I definitely will date women taller than I am, but they are the ones who are usually reluctant. I've been talking on this site to a woman who's 6' 2", and I have no problem with that at all.
 braveheart106
Msg: 290
Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?
Posted: 12/9/2007 5:42:37 AM
Tourture,

I think that from my experience tall women on POF at least would specify that guys need to be taller than them. Also some shoter women 5-5'2 generally like taller guys maybe for security reasons.

But again it's the trend that I see on here at least. I have dated girls who were 5-8 and up one of them was 6'2, I had no problem doing so; not because I chose tall women only, it just so happened that mostly tall girl contact me. For me as long as we get along well and have good times, I don't care if she is 7'0 tall or 5'0 tall.

Have a great day :)
 Gentleheart58
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2007 8:03:56 AM
Tortured, I would prefer to date a tall woman, but there aren't that many around. I think its a numbers thing. There are more short women than tall. I don't run across that many tall women.
Chris
 wiseleo
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2007 6:46:45 AM
It's simple. As stated in profile, I have no height preference.

I will tell you that I had a lot of fun dating an asian girl who was 5'10 with gorgeous green eyes. Yep, they exist. Sleeping with someone who is the same height is also much easier. I dated a 5'11 girl (my height) and all of a sudden we didn't have to come up with extra creative ways to please each other. That was really refreshing.

However! I've also dated 5'2 and 5'3 girls. There was one absolutely stunning girl I dated (too bad she's married now...and not to me) who was 5'3 but wore 6" platforms. Wow could she stop the crowd in its tracks.

Never underestimate the power of high heels and platforms. On the other hand, a 5'11 girl wearing high heels commands attention, anywhere. :)

I won't have a problem dating an amazon woman if she happens to get caught in my net.
 Just_2_b_me
Msg: 299
Posted: 12/10/2007 8:26:47 AM
(SUS1269)

I met a woman once (from a different site) who was 5’10” she wore sandals that made her stand exactly 6’0” when she met someone for the first time, she called them her lie detector shoes. When meeting men that claimed to be 6’0” ft or more she knew in an instant if they had lied on their profiles or not.
I thought it was a rather clever idea on her part.
 Be_happy56
Msg: 303
Posted: 12/10/2007 5:20:14 PM
I could go on about this thread for awhile.
As a shorter then average guy, I have looked at this situation for my entire life.
My theory is that Tall guys have it made.... Most women want someone taller. Thats OK , but when even short women, < 5'3" wants someone who is > 5'7" this cuts the dating pool for guys my height, <5' 5" down to a small percentage of the whole. Maybe you tall women need to start looking at us shorter guys. We are better dates because we appreciate it more.
 Fibonacci
Msg: 307
Posted: 1/22/2008 12:00:05 PM
It's true that tall women are rare; they are as rare as so called elephant or cow women as kamasutra calls them. In the end, it all comes down to whether the lady has large hips
 NorseViking869
Msg: 308
Posted: 1/22/2008 12:04:53 PM
I have no problem whatsoever dating tall women; however, most tall women would never give a short man a date. Tall women are insecure about being tall to begin with. They do not want to seem like mutt and jeff with public. Also women are turned on by taller men. they like to look up at their partners, and they feel secure with a big man.
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 309
Posted: 1/22/2008 1:41:18 PM

I have no problem whatsoever dating tall women; however, most tall women would never give a short man a date. Tall women are insecure about being tall to begin with. They do not want to seem like mutt and jeff with public. Also women are turned on by taller men. they like to look up at their partners, and they feel secure with a big man.

None of this is remotely true. Very tall women are taller than many men. What difference does it make to them if the height differential is 6 inches or 8?
 Primalfury
Msg: 310
Posted: 1/22/2008 2:01:40 PM
Many guys probably feel intimidated by a woman who is taller than they are. I think it's pretty superficial, and if you met someone that wasn't... You'd be out on a date with them. Some people consider short women more attractive... It's all about perspective.
 Naughtical
Msg: 311
Posted: 1/22/2008 2:22:34 PM

Tall women are insecure about being tall to begin with.

Nortatem: Not true. At least not for this tall woman.
Are we having insecurity issues about being short??? I, personally, don't care for short men because they seem to think an overabundance of arrogance makes up for their lack of height. (not talking about ALL short guys so don't get upset)
 Icestorm
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2008 3:16:58 PM

...most tall women would never give a short man a date.

May or may not be true. Not true for me.

Tall women are insecure about being tall to begin with.

Not all are. Try not to speak in generalities about tall women lest they speak in generalities about short men.

Also women are turned on by taller men. they like to look up at their partners, and they feel secure with a big man.

True, but not exclusively true. We also like short men with awesome personalities.
 NorseViking869
Msg: 316
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:55:41 PM

Nortatem: Not true. At least not for this tall woman.
Are we having insecurity issues about being short??? I, personally, don't care for short men because they seem to think an overabundance of arrogance makes up for their lack of height. (not talking about ALL short guys so don't get upset)

No offence taken. I for one do not suffer from the "NAPOLEAN SYNDROME". I can not change the fact that I am short, so why trip on it. The reason I said that tall women are insecure comes directly from the mouths of women I have dated. I apologize if it seemed to come out as an altuism.
 NorseViking869
Msg: 317
Posted: 1/22/2008 8:57:07 PM

Many guys probably feel intimidated by a woman who is taller than they are. I think it's pretty superficial, and if you met someone that wasn't... You'd be out on a date with them. Some people consider short women more attractive... It's all about perspective.

Nope I do not feel intimidated in the least.
 disgruntledgoat_
Msg: 318
Posted: 1/23/2008 3:58:47 AM
" On a serious note.... I have quite a few women friends that internet date, and thru their stories its easy to see that they get much more upset over the fact that they were lied to about a mans height they are meeting, than the fact that he was shorter."

Because if they hadnt been lied to, they would have never found themselves having to endure a date with a 'short guy'.

Honestly - i can recognize that there are girls who are willing to make 'height' concessions, but the fact that they're in a position where they need to make a concession is telling. Women who are otherwise desirable dont need to make concessions for something as readily available as "tall men".
 Jonathan Doeman
Msg: 319
Posted: 1/23/2008 7:45:11 AM

On a serious note.... I have quite a few women friends that internet date, and thru their stories its easy to see that they get much more upset over the fact that they were lied to about a mans height they are meeting, than the fact that he was shorter.

What difference does this make if she wouldn't have dated him if she knew his true height ahead of time? I don't see any downside to a short guy telling a lie about his height in order to get a date.

The "lie is worse than the height" excuse is probably just something women say in order to appear less shallow. It's a catch-22 for a short guy, and its better to have a shot than to not have one.

NorseViking869
Msg: 320
Posted: 1/23/2008 5:41:58 PM

The "lie is worse than the height" excuse is probably just something women say in order to appear less shallow. It's a catch-22 for a short guy, and its better to have a shot than to not have one.

\
So true, so true. It is a total catch 22. Being short automatically gets you labled with "napolean complex" before you open your mouth. Short women want taller men and so do taller women. There are many things a man can change, but not his hight. It seems that being short you have to act more nice than you are to avoid being labled a bitter prick.
 CJ8Rock
Msg: 325
Posted: 9/13/2008 5:42:41 AM

Im 6ft 5 point me in the direction of a tall woman an im there!!

Ignore him. give me the directions first.

yearoney
Msg: 327
Posted: 9/13/2008 10:50:57 AM
I just think there is ALOT more of the shorter women around and they are more out spoken and they don't shy away as much as the taller ladies. I have sent messages to plenty of tall women but they don't seem to reply. So maybe all the shorter women are hitting the REPLY button !!!
 knutcase
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:03:24 AM
1. I am tall.
2. I reply.
3. None of you tall seeking men are in my area.

Toe to toe and your nose is in it. Nose to nose and your toes are in it???

Ok now that is out of the way...lol...there is a club for tall people. Many have married other club members. For a woman you have to be at least 5 foot 8 to join. For a man you have to be at least 6 foot. I saw it on the learning channel (TLC-Cable).

I am tall at 6 foot. I date em tall I date em short. I am just happy to date. But some of the shorter ones make me walk way away from them in public because they are worried how people will see them with me. Talk about shallow. I asked a guy who was short and I dated why he persued me if he was going to dump me for a shorter girl anyway what the whole point was and why I couldnt find a man for long term...this was many years ago...he said he wanted to see what it was like to date a tree. And after seeing his curiousity was appeased he wanted someone who looked good on his arm. He said no man wants a woman that is more of a man than he is...(Yet he wanted a girl that shoved a hair brush up his...welll)..Ok so I was considered a freak of nature. Oh well. The key is to be happy with who you are no matter your size. When you find a real man and not a boy who is more concerned with how much he loves you and not with how you look on his arm then who cares about height. You both have to be secure people and that is the bottom line.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:36:10 AM

I recently participated in a local speed dating event where all the guys had to be on the tall side to attend. There was no restriction on the women who could attend but only a handful were very tall.

I'm curious to find out the name of this speed dating organization. I can't believe that this form of discrimination still exists today.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 331
Posted: 9/13/2008 1:57:41 PM
Height isn't a preference for me. Body types are. Shorter women more often fit my body type preferences. A fit tall woman is hard to find. She's also in high demand with tall guys.
 knutcase
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 11:10:50 PM
Right now I would be happy just dating...lol...I am back on the dating market after about 6 years or so....4 of those (the most recent 4) were after seperation and divorce...I need to get out more....lol
 Z2million
Msg: 334
Posted: 9/14/2008 4:27:02 AM
I wish it was a matter of choosing, never had the option.......hmmmm should I go out with the tall one or the short one tonight.

I'm 6'2" and I don't set any standards on height......it's all a matter of who's willing to get out for a little fun and meet me.

I'm not going to risk missing out on meeting a fun lady who may turn out to be the love of my life........just because she maybe shorter/taller than the limiting criteria I may have set.

Taller ladies are better to slow dance with.

And......once in bed......height does not matter at all.
 mcopado
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2008 5:54:11 AM
I'd kill to find a woman I didn't have to stoop to kiss, or feel guilty becasue she stood on tip toes....

Know any?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >