Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fifi47
Msg: 226
short women/tall menPage 10 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
^^^^ both sexes are equally superficial if it is viewed as superficial not preferences-men who are only attracted to women who have certain appearances also make some women laugh.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 227
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/11/2010 3:12:24 PM

bout 7 times on this thread has the height that is short been changed. you are having a laugh right ?? half you women are 5-5 and under lol how can u even tell the difference between 5-11 or 6 foot tall from down there. or difference between 5-8 and 5-9 ??

Unfortunately - this is the most important thing in Dating these days - somehow the majority of women are very vehemently opposed to date anyone under 6'0" like men are a prize and you must be 6'0" to be a man? Even you know there is no difference for any man - except women have tagged men 5'8" and 5'9" and even now 5'11" as Short Men - like I said before how does a statistical minority of men decide whether or not all men under 6'0" are midget - like what????

You will hear how women love to wear high heels anywhere up 10 inches high and look like fools to get a man in the 6'0" to 6'5" height range all other men are inferior is their mantra. Well if it don't beat all when the woman gets her 6'0" + tall man and no longer wears high heels even in public - it's like FRANKENSTEIN when the little girl gives the Monster a Flower - if the issue is to have taller children - that's a crock - no guarantee on that - all men carry genes to have Children 4'11" to 6'2" its all luck!

also women who complain who about being played ?? i would say its mostly taller guys as they got the choice of women its ok saying you dont have to change your "preferences" but you all come here crying wen someone whos got the choice of the crop shags you then pisses off.

Of course there are a lot of men in the Taller Range that are players - they know how to play the system - they don't want you to expose them for the frauds they are - the tall men also know that if a shorter man makes an issue of it - it's the tall man's advantage - Christ Sake I've seen in my own experience a guy who was 6'1" and he had a steady girlfriend - he also had slept with somewhere from about 20-30 other women while in this relationship. He told all the other women - my girlfriend is sick and she is going to pass soon - so I'll making arrangements to make it past this - will you be my girlfriend - of course since he was 6'1" the women all lined up one after another and you know what - he didn't leave his girlfriend, she wasn't sick and from what I know he married her and she left him after 3 kids when she finally realized that he was cheating on her! Once a player always a player and you get what you deserve.....

EYEZRBLU
Msg: 228
short women/tall men-
Posted: 2/12/2010 9:49:48 AM

I'll make you a deal. You find me a shorter than average (under 5'8 1/2") man that is bulky in stature (I don't do skinny, EVER), intelligent, secure with his own self, not wanting children, age appropriate for me (40-48), sense of humor to die for, unique in appearance, kind eyes/beautiful smile, no small children or children at home, no psycho ex's, J O B, and not living with his Mother and I'll not only date him, I'll remove this profile and ride off into the sunset with him.

Aside from being 2 yrs too young for you(38 in a couple of weeks), I match your description perfectly and I am in NJ too :)
 sushisue
Msg: 229
view profile
History
short women/tall men-
Posted: 2/12/2010 10:13:04 AM
Lots of these answers are pretty funny. I'm 5'1" and I've been told plenty of times that
I'm too short ...that that particular man finds taller women more attractive. These fellows haven't all been tall either. I don't have a preference on height, but then I haven't run into anyone shorter than me either. I'm more interested in a man's personality and other issue's of compatibility...if he is taller he can reach the top shelf in the kitchen cupboards...if he's my height he won't mind the stepstool remaining in the kitchen. If they rule me out due to height I figure they aren't interested in getting to know me for any reason. Move on.
 EYEZRBLU
Msg: 230
short women/tall men-
Posted: 2/12/2010 11:42:35 AM
So here is my prospective from a non bitter, non whiney, but also NOT tall guy (5'6"-5'7").

I have been fortunate to date my share of women in my day (and back at it again recently due to my divorce).
I have dated SEVERAL women who were my height or taller then me. My soon to be ex wife is 5'8" and I would never tell her what type of shoes to where.
I judge a woman on the total package, not by height, hair color, etc.

1st night out after being single several months back, I hooked up with a woman easily 2-3" taller then me. And I was standing up when she came over to me ;)
She didn't care and I certainly did'nt care.
I am not a slight or little guy by any means.I had spent quite a lot of time bodybuilding in my younger years (altho not in great shape right now, working on it), so maybe that helps.

That being said, I do find this online thing somewhat discouraging as i KNOW there are plenty of women who won't respond becuase of my listed height.

Altho in reality it is better for me as it weeds out women I do not want, it is sometimes discouraging.

But, that's the way it is and that's the hand I was delt. I have had enough experiences with women in my life to know that it certainly did not hinder my ability to attract women or hook up.

If I could grow another 4" I wouldn't be against it, but that isn't in the cards.

I have ZERO problem dating a taller women (B.E.W at 5'8", you could wear whatever sized heel you want around me ;).
The height issue CERTAINLY bothers a woman more then it bothers me (since it doesn't and I would date a woman 5'10" if their was a connection and she had no issue with it.

Their is def. an issue with height and this online dating thing tho.
AS I said, I am certainly not hung up on my height, but I am also very aware that if I listed 5'11-6' in my profile, I would get 15xs the repsonses and 50xs the intitial contacts.
That's just reality.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 231
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/12/2010 1:20:19 PM
all i hearing is short man syndrome, what exactly is short man syndrome ??? have i got it seeing as how im 5.11 ??

Of course you do you are not 6'0" Tall - the ARE ENOUGH WOMEN ON HERE WHO THINK NO MAN IS UNDER 6'0" - and they say you are Whiny - NO I'M NOT WHINY - I AM SAYING THE WAY IT IS!

there arent that many 6 foot + males about

According to One Woman on this thread - there are a lot - amazing when even the US Government says they are no more than 14.9% of the Population.

soon as a man mentions height affects his dating chances he has short man syndrome lol what about psycho syndrome ?? clingy syndrome ?? easy syndrome ?? could apply these to alot of threads on these forums

Of Course the Women are Champions of the Tall Men - no exceptions - making all men under 6'0" Sub Humans - go to any site POF, OK Cupid, Chemistry, Match, eHarmony = go on their threads and see that WOMAN COMPLAIN THERE ARE NO MEN - because in their thinking NO MAN IS UNDER 6'0"! Wake Up there are 85% of the Population of Men are Not 6'0"! Even when Women bring this up to other Women they are labeled "Ignorant B!TCH!", or "She Has No Clue - lol!", "She Musta Been Sheltered, lol!" If Men Aren't under 6'0" Tall - Why don't the Women who hold this Mantra and try to Stop and do INTERVENTIONS for women from marrying and being in relationships with men under 6'0" Once and For All! Seriously, you know how to bully other women pretty well into thinking the way you do!" Why don't you come up with some outrageous lie about EWWW Average Men and how they are no F'n good in bed, with children, you name it! Hell here is the foremost Scientist on why the Tall Man is Superior bram@apbuunk.com why don't you contact him he will either find you a Tall Man or help you eradicate the Short Man off the earth.

Pyscho Syndrome - this is probably the MOST IMPORTANT thing to see in a MAN - but it is not even a Factor when the man is 6'0"!

Clingy & Easy Syndrome - these are opinionated Issues - Clingy could mean some one who smothers you or for some people talk to each other every 2-3 days - this is up to the person making the charge. Easy - basically the same - this person might be easy for you but not for the next person - but Easy Tall Men are in Want and a lot are Players anyway.

Taztiger72
Msg: 232
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/12/2010 5:31:49 PM

Call em shallow but I don't find it appealing to try and reach down to a woman a foot shorter than where my lips are, its gonna hurt my neck.

That's what they got 10 inch High Heels for...

Look I can spout all I want but like I said here is the problem - Men Under 6'0" are the overwhelming Majority of Men - Period in the USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, FRANCE, ITALY, you name it - SO Who is wasting who's time then?

NO MATTER IN REAL LIFE OR ONLINE = 85% of Available Single Men are Under 6'0" and only 3% Are Taller than 6'2"!

If you want a 6'0" Tall Man guaranteed I would advise moving to Norway or the Netherlands.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 233
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/12/2010 6:54:14 PM

half you women are 5-5 and under lol how can u even tell the difference between 5-11 or 6 foot tall from down there. or difference between 5-8 and 5-9 ??

Because of his height compared to another guy. That's the hidden reason that people don't realize.

A while back, due to a thread like this, I went on another match site, and checked out height preferences of short-average height women, and then women 5'9"+, in my area where people are a bit taller (more Dutch origin) -- so it's not very hard to find a guy who's 6'0". I did women who are generally attractive (average/slim/athletic body types; face isn't askew and pic matches body type generally).

- Short-average height women prefer guys 5'8" or taller generally speaking. Girls 5'2" are not going to have much differences between girls 5'5".

- Short-average height women will rarely-rarely-rarely say they're okay with a guy their height, statistically speaking, and NEVER shorter. At "best" in general, 2-3 inches taller.

- Tall women prefer guys 1-2 inches taller than them, that's it. Even though a gal may be 5'9", her preference is going to be 5'11" typically. A gal who's 5'3" is going to have 5'8" or 5'9" typically. There's a half-foot difference between the gals, but a 2-3 inch difference between their preferences.

- Tall women will periodically be okay with a guy THEIR height, although that's not the routine. Typically 2 inches, 1 inch taller is fine with many, and some 3 inches -- that's at 5'9".

What I gathered was pretty obvious. Yes, women would prefer a guy taller than them, sure. But that's not what things are about -- you'd get a lot less whining if that was JUST the case.

Women (vast majority) want a guy who isn't one of the notable short guys in the room -- even if he's taller than she is. If he is taller than her, he'd have to make that up in build (and not look like a fire plug I imagine) and in raw looks otherwise that would be notably better than other dues in the room or who she typically runs into, in order to gave a -legit- chance on attraction.

This is not a "whine" at all, btw. :) It's just an interesting observance of mine. They prefer you're a bit taller, yes -- but seeing you being shadowed by the height of other guys affects their taste.

Based on the statistical averages IN THIS THREAD, short-man syndrome is obviously rampant on POF and such men are to be avoided at any cost if a woman (or anyone) ever wants to enjoy a conversation with anyone that doesn't consist entirely of why a short man can't get

I would NOT say that - lol. You can't measure how women are or men are on POF based on people going koo-koo in the forums. Very few use the forums, and the forum is THE place to whine on this site! :) I can't assume that all men are using women just for sex or all women are lying & deceitful based on so many people crying about it on the forums section! :)
 Taztiger72
Msg: 234
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/12/2010 6:57:21 PM

Titled: "Annoying, persistant salesman..."

Brilliant - exactly how most women think on here - you nailed that right on it's head.

As for 5'11" Being unattractive - no - the women for the most part - they just don't care - because you are NOT 6'0" Tall

You can be Millionaire and Live in a Mansion, have the Most Expensive Cars, Travel the World - if you are under 6'0" you are JUST NOT WANTED.

Meanwhile you can be a Homeless guy, flopping in between friends, a habitual drunkard, no car, smell, and have no personality, and an abuser and if you are 6'0" Your in Luck the Ladies are lined up for you.
 cooldude
Msg: 235
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/13/2010 2:33:55 AM

Well i recently sent a message to aguy whose 6'5 just to say hi and me being 5'9 didnt think it would be a problem only to get told i was too tall for him and he preferred shorter women. Fair enough obviously he needs to feel a big man by what ever means possible. Either that or just dosent like leggy blondes.

I think its hilarious that taller women who get upset when taller men don't like them. Especially when they will not consider dating a man the same hight or shorter then them.

Its sort of like do as I say, not as I do, mentality.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 236
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/13/2010 2:07:49 PM

I think its hilarious that taller women who get upset when taller men don't like them. Especially when they will not consider dating a man the same hight or shorter then them.

Well if you are under 6'0" Tall there are women who are considerable shorter who will not date you because you aren't 6'0" Tall and for the men who are 5'11" and 6'0" in their shoes - these same women complain that they have been cheated!

6'0" is the Golden Standard Online - you might as well leave if you aren't and a man.
 HellsPrincess
Msg: 237
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/13/2010 3:31:37 PM
a good mate of mine is 7ft tall n is married 2 a loverly lady who is 5'5, me on the other hand im 5'11 n my husband is 6ft,
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 238
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/13/2010 9:17:40 PM

And a 22 year old, busty, size two, blond, blued eyes leggy woman can have the personality of a dishrag and the IQ of a carrot and men are lined up for her. So whats your point????

Well first off i'd prefer a size 4 brunette/black haired lady, with dark eyes, and no need for long legs...but she needs some junk in her trunk, to be honest she could be my PHYSICAL dream girl...but if she was stupid, boring, no sense of humour or just an all around B*TCH I wouldn't date her, there might be a first date, to get to know her since i'd only know her looks, but as soon as I find out how crummy her personality is, she's GONE
 cooldude
Msg: 239
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/14/2010 11:09:41 AM

If women can have height preferences, then so can men.

yeah, that's what it comes down too.

There is just a thread on that ....http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts4123921.aspx...a woman complaining on a man having a height preference, when she has one herself, makes no sense to me.
 EYEZRBLU
Msg: 240
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/14/2010 12:17:04 PM

I am 6'1" and I like a girl about 5'2" to 5'4" -- A small girl is like a doll baby!
I don't like tall women, 5'9" and above... Seems odd to me to be with a tall chick...

Funny, I am 5'6"-7ish and NO problem dating a woman 5'8" or 9" if she has no issue with it.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 241
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/14/2010 10:48:05 PM

Funny, I am 5'6"-7ish and NO problem dating a woman 5'8" or 9" if she has no issue with it.

Well, here is the problem there are 2 takes on the way women look at things:

1. The Feminist View - don't wear high heels, don't degrade yourself and find the special person that matches you best.

2. The Caveman Anti-Feminist View - wear the highest heels you can get - wear makeup and get that 6'0" Stud and don't let anyone stand in your way or change your mind.

The Caveman Anti-Feminist View is the way most women operate online - it classes Feminism as something stupid and backwards and if men think women are equals they are wrong and wusses - it feels women should be barefoot and making diner and women love abuse and treated like trash. And Only the 6'0" Man is a Man and anyone under that is a midget. Even if the man is in the Military now - if he ain't 6'0" he's a midget and not a man - this is really screwed up.

Really? Is this what this world has come to? We strive to be cavemen - no wonder this country is going down the tubes.
 EYEZRBLU
Msg: 242
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/15/2010 5:19:50 AM

I guess a tall woman, would create the illusion, that she is a superior goddess, that you have to look up too...

You bad man, I'll bet you're into BDSM?

Not in the least.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 243
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/15/2010 10:39:44 AM
Guys let's not skew things too much.

The height thing is just one of many requirements/preferences for daters of both genders. I'm of average height and haven't had many problems dating. You will see plenty of frustrated guys who are 6ft and above.

We as people, if asked, want EVERYTHING and if that is not attainable then we follow our own internal pecking order. Height is always there and for some people/gender it's more important than others.

I think a man should be a Caveman. Weak, effeminate men have never been largely desired by the large populace of women. I've lost more opportunity by not being agressive, assertive or whatever you want to call it.

Truth is the avg woman has "offers" frequently meaning that the guy that stands out is going to be special in some area. Man up and discover what makes you special and build off of that.

If a woman doesn't like me because my head isn't a few more inches off the ground there's 3 billion other women out there to meet.
 *meh001*
Msg: 244
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/15/2010 4:05:59 PM
what about short men and tall women??
 chuckyB51
Msg: 245
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/15/2010 6:39:35 PM

There is just a thread on that ....http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts4123921.aspx...a woman complaining on a man having a height preference, when she has one herself, makes no sense to me.

cooldude...That's because most women live by a double standard. If a woman says that she wants a man who is tall, dark and handsome it is called preference or physical attraction. If a man says that he wants a woman who is blond, skinny and large breasted he is called a superficial pig that only cares about the outside. Seems like a double standard to me.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 246
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/15/2010 6:57:14 PM
Praetorian55 made an interesting comment in another forum on here...

I'm not trying to be some woman's accessory to mask their own internal self doubt and lack of confidence.

This comment was right on the mark and is the true focal point of this issue. Women would rather change the subject and belittle shorter than average men as whiners for sticking up for themselves.

The modern day woman receives her femininity from outside forces. She needs a tall man on her arm to make her feel good about herself. We can see proof of this throughout these posts by women. If she can’t wear heals she doesn’t feel feminine. If he doesn’t make her feel small and feminine she doesn’t feel feminine. It is sad to see that a woman needs to receive her femininity from outward forces and can’t feel like a woman and be proud of it just because she is. Much of a woman’s self worth and femininity is based on the man on her arm. Tall men are just being used.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 247
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/15/2010 9:59:20 PM
Taztiger is right about 6' being the ideal height that women want. A number of research studies have proven this over the past 20+ years. The article below has a number of research studies with evidence that proves what has been said on here. I ask that all on this forum read the article before making any further comments as it sheds a lot of light on this subject.

Look up the article "Height as a basis for interpersonal attraction" by Wayne E. Hensley. You can find the full article at http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2248/is_n114_v29/ai_15622157/

In the research done by Mr. Hensley, 72 inches is the mean height for an ideal male reported by the uninvolved females in this study. Moreover, the standard deviation of the preferred height is so small ([Alpha] = .20) that the preference for a six-foot-tall male is overwhelming. Of the 145 uninvolved females, 46 (32%) report that six feet is the ideal height for a male.

The study does show that shorter men may have a chance, but it is slim. Only 2% of women preferred a shorter male. And only one in 720 couples was the man shorter than the woman.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 248
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/15/2010 11:20:46 PM

If a 5' 4" woman rejects a man who matches all of her other requirements because he is 5' 11" instead of 6 ft, then why would a man want to date a woman who is that picky about height anyways

That is NOT common at all, btw. Women are too comparison-oriented (keeping up with the Joneses) when it comes to dating someone, but I highly doubt any woman who deny a guy who's 5'11" instead of 6'0", just because of that if he was really attractive to her. Even for women who demand a guy being 6'0" (it'd just be a mere hesitation overcome by some form of reality).

she knows your height already = looks at you and says = I can't handle the height and leaves you immediately?

My previous post points out why this may occur sometimes. She may look at a height being taller than her, thinking, "I just want a guy who's taller than me".... but then when she sees you, you're not tall compared to other guys. That's the REAL reason. If the world was just about a guy being a bit taller than a girl, there wouldn't be threads like this to this magnitude whatsoever. It's about women wanting guys who are not shorter than many other guys. They are not consciously thinking that, it's just the "why".

I think the ONLY positive purpose a thread like this, about the b!tching and moaning does, is discount a false false stereotype about women. That stereotype being that women don't care that much about looks. They do. Bigtime. They generally may care less about looks when it comes to the actual act of sex, but that's an entirely different topic. Women's attraction toward the opposite sex is just as shallow or non-shallow as guys'. We just can come off as more 'shallow' because we're loudmouths about gory details when we do talk about things, but that doesn't change anything. :)
 Fifi47
Msg: 249
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/16/2010 5:15:39 AM
All women do not have height and appearance standards for the men they date. Maybe I am really in the minority, as I have always dated men of varying heights and appearances, as have my friends. It does seem as if men who are attracted to me being 5 feet tall have either been men who are under 5'8'' or over 6'1''. The men I have known who were in the 5'8'' to 6'1'' range have been ultra picky about a woman's height and appearance. Just commenting about what I have experienced, others have different viewpoints based on their experiences, apparently.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 250
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/16/2010 6:03:10 AM
Im 6'1 285lbs...a big guy...

I LOVE short women. I love a women in heels. So when a women is in heels, and Im still taller than her its very much a turn on. Now, with all that said, if a women is 5'8-5'10 and wears heels, they are about my height, not a big deal.

I will forever be grateful to whatever side of my family that made me somewhat tall(over 6 feet). I know short guys are at a disadvantage when it comes to dating in general. If it makes you feel any better, I have been turned down twice because of my height. Both the women were about 5'9 and wore heels, they said they want a man taller than them when wearing heels. That would put it about 6'2...I really didnt put much stock in it, I know Im not short in the overall scheme of things.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men