Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bsp71
Msg: 587
short women/tall menPage 24 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
All the time. Short guys like me (I am under 5'10") have the most difficult time dating or meeting women who want to date short guys like me in the Anglosphere. Short women want tall men and tall women want tall men. Thats why I am single. I make good income and have many good things about me but being short is not helping.
 Fifi47
Msg: 588
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:38:45 PM
All short women do not want tall men. Find the women who like short men, and ignore the other women who do not find short men appealing. Many men do not like short plump women. I date the men who do. Seems easy to me.
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 589
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:44:00 PM
I feel bad for short men. I'm a woman who likes guys 5'11 or taller. I wish it didn't bug me but I feel totally self concious being with a guy that I'm taller than in heels or wedges! I'm only 5'4 and I know that seems ridiculous but I'm not what I feel to be a little girl and I like that big masculine guy thing. I've tried to get over it because it really limits who I feel comfy dating!
 chuckyB51
Msg: 590
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 6:58:10 PM

I feel bad for short men. I'm a woman who likes guys 5'11 or taller. I wish it didn't bug me but I feel totally self concious being with a guy that I'm taller than in heels or wedges! I'm only 5'4 and I know that seems ridiculous but I'm not what I feel to be a little girl and I like that big masculine guy thing. I've tried to get over it because it really limits who I feel comfy dating!

And I prefer a woman who does not validate her femininity by the man on her arm. Since you want a tall man to make you feel like a little girl, does that make the tall guy a pedophile? Do these men know that you are using them for their height?
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 591
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:06:33 PM
Hahaha.....using them for their height...that's funny lil man! When I say little girl I wasn't referring to an age thing...obviously! I meant little as in not petite so what would that have to do with a pedophile? Don't get your underoos in a bunch!
 emmmjay
Msg: 592
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:48:29 PM

Height on a guy being far too short (or far too tall) to their tastes, will nix out everything for many many women.

I've gotta agree with this. Recently, a woman at my work was talking about an old boyfriend and whether to start back up with him again. She is a very attractive young woman with a great body, but petite. She is maybe 5'1", 5'2". She was going on and on about how great he is, and how good looking, and successful...treats her right, etc. "Well, what's the problem?" the rest of us wanted to know. When she said, "He's...short", she got a unanimous "Oh, that's too bad" from about 12 women aged 23-55. Nobody suggested that she go out with him, even the one woman who is married to a very short guy. There is no point in advising people to like what they have stated they do not like. It's their prerogative to want what they want.
 bsp71
Msg: 593
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 8:00:22 PM
Fortunately women in South America and Asian countries don't mind dating short guys so most of my girlfriends have been either Asian or Latina in past decade. Go figures, I have only had a couple white Caucasian girlfriends. This study and many other results confirm it. Which really does not bother me because I do not suffer from anything and actually enjoy dating women outside of my race :) It has opened my eyes and expanded my horizons and appreciation for other cultures. Heck I would never had a piso sour or fabulous Chilean wine if I was stuck in white America.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 594
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 9:07:15 PM

Hahaha.....using them for their height...that's funny lil man! When I say little girl I wasn't referring to an age thing...obviously! I meant little as in not petite so what would that have to do with a pedophile? Don't get your underoos in a bunch!

From what I see here you are still saying that your femininity comes from the guy on your arm and that you use tall men to make you feel better about yourself. You have said that tall men make you feel petite, therefore, you are using tall men to make you feel better about a psychological issue you have. I don't think that I have missed anything here. How is this not using a guy?
 Taztiger72
Msg: 595
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 9:44:27 PM
Dude, you aren't gonna get anywhere here - take it from me - You even mention how screwed up things are - they gag you.
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 596
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 9:46:33 PM
It's a preference...it's what turns me on...I like big, tall guys! Just like everyone else I have preferences....I also don't like bald heads because I love running my fingers through a guys hair during sex. I've never used a man to make me feel better about myself and I don't feel I have psychological issues just because I...like everyone else.....has preferences! Just like some guys don't like dark haired girls or girls with fake boobs...guess what? I'm not for them and that doesn't bother me!
 chuckyB51
Msg: 597
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:12:27 PM

It's a preference...it's what turns me on...I like big, tall guys! Just like everyone else I have preferences....I also don't like bald heads because I love running my fingers through a guys hair during sex. I've never used a man to make me feel better about myself and I don't feel I have psychological issues just because I...like everyone else.....has preferences! Just like some guys don't like dark haired girls or girls with fake boobs...guess what? I'm not for them and that doesn't bother me!

It appears though that you are incorrectly using the word preference. Your preferences appear to be requirements.

Yes, everyone has preferences, but physical attraction should not dictate love.
 bsp71
Msg: 598
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:21:27 PM
And I like women with a very large cup size and a bubble butt that are not fat and who like to keep a man satisfied and still want to be a lady.

But does this mean I will wait until I am 90 to date a woman unless she is perfect? Of course not! That is plain foolish.

But this is the thing- many women live in fantasy island and are delusional.
Then when they meet a TALL man who is a jerk, cheats on them with 10 different women they start to hate on all men and cry
that "no good men exist" or where are all the good men? Well you missed them!
 bsp71
Msg: 599
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:23:15 PM
+1 because women that demand a height requirement in dating are infatuated with lust and not true love.

True love is not based on how tall a person is per se. Lust is. So women get in lust and out of lust and when they get burned and churned by their so called ideal tall man or whatever silly requirement (must be rich, good looking, hair, good teeth) they start to bash all men.
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 600
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:25:45 PM
I've never used the word requirement and I have been on dates with men shorter than 5'11 and even dated a guy 5'9 (gasp). Physical attraction isn't going to dictate whether you truly love somene. Are you trying to say that you don't have any preferences? And that physical attraction has no role whatsoever in your choice of woman?
 LoriIsLoLo
Msg: 601
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 10:36:58 PM
Actually I don't have some big ol long list of unrealistic expectations at all. You'd probably be surprised. It is funny how shorter guys act like tall guys are cheating jerks! Are you trying to say short guys don't cheat aren't jerks sometimes too? You'll never see me crying about "boo hoo there are no good men"....I know there are lots of good men out there. The relationships I've been have all been good and I don't have any regrets. I may seem like some sort of shallow B*tch to you two but you don't really know me.
 bsp71
Msg: 602
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/27/2010 11:28:35 PM
+1 and I agree completely.

Then again at least true nature of women comes out here on these forums. Thats fine the shallow ladies who demand tall men can have them, as it eliminates women from my life that I would rather not deal with.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 603
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 2:58:40 AM
Loris,

I'm a woman who likes guys 5'11 or taller. I wish it didn't bug me but I feel totally self concious being with a guy that I'm taller than in heels or wedges!

Wrong. That's not why. Not whining -- just correcting you (yes, even on your tastes; don't be PC) ;)

I'm only 5'4 and I know that seems ridiculous but I'm not what I feel to be a little girl and I like that big masculine guy thing.

It's the last part you like -- that big masculine guy thing. You're not going to be taller than a guy who's 5'10" in your heels. You have 7" heels?

Like you said, you like a guy who's masculine. We like petite girls. Girls who aren't -- are less attractive. Guys who aren't masculine are less attractive.

Women like guys who are not just taller than them per se -- but taller than the other common guys, which displays their masculinity.

Women 5'9" have about the same height requirements as you -- out here, in a tall Dutch section of the country. Why is that? It's not about comparison (that's just an immediate of-course requirement). It's about him vs other guys.
 memeMc
Msg: 604
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 3:25:10 AM
I like your thinking Fifi..
However there has to be a level of acceptance before your wise words would resonate with many.
But I'm liking you style..
 WeAre1
Msg: 605
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 7:36:15 AM
So, in the stated 'statistics'...(though no one official has ever approached me, so I know my vote isn't in any 'statistics' :)....
It brings up a question in me that I'm hoping might offer a more equal perspective ...wondering if men are comfortable with, or choosing to date women who are taller than them? And is that not so different than women's comfort level with men who are smaller than them? (staying purposefully away from the terms preference or requirement, or specific heights here...it's a general question.)

I am thinking many of the terms that are being debated here are subjective...and I can also see some of the mens' points, believing some women are more closed-minded to height in general than some men are....understanding all of this can only be one's opinion and nothing is fact...even the statistics, as far as I can see.

It was inevitable this thread would turn into a gender war, like all the others, that set up men 'against' women, and vice versa.
It was inevitable anyone outside of the 'most desired group' might start feeling defensive.

So, just to point out something I think many men and many taller women might not realize - it is not all so wonderful being a small woman in this world, unlike what this thread might have you believe.

So, could we possibly use this thread to open our eyes to others' feelings and perspectives, rather than use it to confirm our own beliefs of the 'unfairness' of it all?
 whzcheatinwho
Msg: 606
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 7:37:12 AM
Because preference is not based on obvious logic, it's based on preference. Preferences are based on evolutionary programming, which actually are logical when considered in the proper context.

Physical attraction is a requirement for a healthy physical relationship ~ again, evolutionary programming at work. Women's preference for tall men is evolutionary programming at work, same as men's desire for women with a healthy proportionate body and women who are still capable of producing children. Improved genetics for continued survival of the species, etc.

A bit OT but just out of curiosity, why is it okay for a man to have a requirement that a woman can want/be able to have children, but it's not okay for a woman to want a tall man? It's a matter of preference in both scenarios ~ certainly having children is not a requirement for anyone. It would seem that it's okay for a man to have preferences but not for a woman?
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 607
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 9:04:21 AM
I honestly don't want to get back in this pit filled with vipers, but just had to say Lori, you're a hot milf! and big is not synonimous with tall, i'm a big guy at 225/bodybuilder, but i'm avg height (5'9) so big guys can still make you feel tiny and feminine ladies...they don't have to be bean stalks.

GymRat (below me) I get that too man, one guy who's like 6'3 nicknamed me Moose lol
 TattooedGymrat
Msg: 608
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 9:17:02 AM

big is not synonimous with tall

Not at all.... I never feel small at 5'8". Guys six and a half feet tall will call me big. Everywhere I go I get looks and or comments. People always refer to me as swole, jacked, big, etc... There's a lot of 6'+ girly men in this world ;)
 Taztiger72
Msg: 609
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 10:04:28 AM

It's the last part you like -- that big masculine guy thing. You're not going to be taller than a guy who's 5'10" in your heels. You have 7" heels?

Confident-Realist - dude - they have 10 Inch High Heels now - for all women to get their Tall Man of their dreams - they are currently working on even higher heels for women.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 610
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 10:49:14 AM

i'm a big guy at 225/bodybuilder, but i'm avg height (5'9)

what?..that is big?...pffft....

6-1...280 lbs....

Just messing with you bro...keep lifting

eat big...lift big...sleep big...stay big...

As far as the whole women want a tall man debate. If it makes any of the "shorter" guys feel any better..I dated a women who was 5-9, she wore heels and was a little taller than me at 6-1. She told me that she only dates guys who are 6-3 and above. I asked why she went out with me. Her EXACT answer was the following...

"Do you know how hard it is to find a guy who is 6-3 AND that im attracted to?"

I guess she "settled" for someone who was 6-1....

needless to say that was our first and last date....
 green023
Msg: 611
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 11:03:31 AM

If tall men were in such demand, why do you see single guys that are 6ft plus?

Height is often just one requirement for many women on dating sites. If a man is 6 ft tall, But doesn't match a woman's other requirements. Then she isn't going to be interested in dating him.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men