Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 emmmjay
Msg: 576
short women/tall menPage 24 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

She told me that she only dates guys who are 6-3 and above. I asked why she went out with me. Her EXACT answer was the following...

"Do you know how hard it is to find a guy who is 6-3 AND that im attracted to?"

I guess she "settled" for someone who was 6-1....

needless to say that was our first and last date....

Everyone "settles" in some way, shape or form, since none of us are perfect. She was just being honest, AND, she probably thought you were hot stuff enough to bend her rule. Isn't that a compliment? That's the only reason you didn't see her again? I don't get it.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 577
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 11:48:15 AM

That's the only reason you didn't see her again? I don't get it.

Its not the only reason. It was a big reason. It seemed like she was whining to me about no good guys being over 6-3 that she could be with.

If you limit who you are gonna date in the first place, then you cant complain there is nobody out there for you...
 Fifi47
Msg: 578
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 12:45:08 PM
^^^^^most of us have a few preferences, some seem to have so many exclusions that they limit their dating pool to about 3 people it seems.
 jmiller2-502
Msg: 579
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/28/2010 9:13:08 PM
uh, i dont really care where she got her information. shes probably pretty damn close and who knows she might have just made it up. does it really matter? does it hurt your feelings that someone said that 80% of women want someone 6" or taller? lol jeez
 Taztiger72
Msg: 580
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/1/2010 4:50:28 PM
^^^^ You are correct sir, 80% of Women Do Want 6'0" Tall Men and will not settle for less - but even Tall Men know this is not possible.
 High_Contrast
Msg: 581
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/2/2010 12:28:31 PM
Wow, after sampling a couple pages of this thread I feel as though I've lost a few brain cells.

I'm 6'3" and have dated girls from 5'0-6'0 with no preference.

Do some woman like men to be taller, sure. But I have friends who are 5'6-5'8 who have NO problems getting with woman. So when I hear this griping I just can't understand. You are what you project gentlemen. If you come across as having an inferiority complex, people sense it. If you're comfortable in your own skin, you'll be more attractive period. No one wants to join in on a pity party.
 SassySky
Msg: 582
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/2/2010 12:31:26 PM

If you limit who you are gonna date in the first place, then you cant complain there is nobody out there for you...

Thank you a voice of reason .

BTW I am "also" looking for those 1o inch heels.. I have a couple pairs of 6 and several pairs of 4. never in my life have I ever seen 10 inch heels.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 583
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/2/2010 4:53:54 PM
wondering if men are comfortable with, or choosing to date women who are taller than them? And is that not so different than women's comfort level with men who are smaller than them?

A vast majority of women don't tend to a guy they feel "big" with -- vertically and/or horizontally. With many women, it doesn't have to be that much -- they're more sensitive about their bodies... compared to other girls, and a guy they may date.

But here's something else in the mix when it comes to height. Guys may feel not too comfortable if a woman truly towers over him, but they don't look at the woman as less than a woman, if say, he's 5'5" and she's 6'0". A woman who's 6'0" will look at a guy who's 5'5" and think him less of a "man" (masculinity), if their body types are "standard" otherwise.

With that said, yes, with guys, there is uncomfortability in a different way -- but requires a bigger difference for that to set in. Many guys at 5'5" won't feel uncomfortable with a gal who's 5'8". But many girls, reversed, will.

Said guy might prefer that gal at 5'3" -- but she will still be just as "feminine" either way.

Said girl will almost certainly more than just prefer that guy being at 5'11" -- and would see him as more of a "man" (masculine) that way.

That is why you have whiners. :) A guy can't take the fact that a gal will see him as "not guy enough" -- much like a skinny guy vs a ripped guy to a gal's taste, but the shorter guy can't do much about it.
 Kale97
Msg: 584
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/2/2010 6:00:36 PM
i don't choose my relationships based on height but once i had a gf who i practically had to bend over at a 90 degree angle to kiss her.
 TattooedGymrat
Msg: 585
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/2/2010 6:13:29 PM
^^^That had to make an awkward first kiss...

I had a girl mesasage me a couple days ago and asked if I only went for short girls because she's my height (5' 8"). She obvisouly didn't care...
 Helen0426
Msg: 586
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/2/2010 10:32:29 PM
I'm 5'2" and I've dated all heights, including a couple smaller than I am, and up to about 6'6". Makes no nevermind to me, and usually not to them either. My older brother's nearly 6'5", and has been since about age 13, so I'm used to being around someone much taller. My first really serious boyfriend was about 5'4", maybe 5'5". Others have been all heights. The most serious ever is about 6' even, I think.

Only one instance I can think of when the guy wasn't crazy about me being petite, and it took me forever to even realize it, because I think petite is adorable, so it didn't occur to me. He'd occasionally make some remark about it being okay that I was short. I finally clued in that he didn't really like it and was trying to be nice about it. He was 6'2" - tall, sure, but it wasn't a height I hadn't dated before, and everyone else seemed to like my size. In fact many are surprised to hear that it's only 5'2". Apparently I "act taller," or so I've been told, anyway.

I don't think of myself as "short" - my proportions are pretty nearly ideal, and being naturally flexible and muscular (through, I assure any reader, no real effort, just lucky), my size doesn't limit me in what I can do in any way. So I don't often notice it, myself, except on the rare occasion when I'm surrounded by a sea of shoulders and chests. This really only happens at sporting events, which I very, very rarely attend.

In sum, my experience is that most of the time height doesn't matter. If you're into each other, you're into each other. Just like anything else really. Maybe you have a preference for blondes, or for fine features, or blue eyes; but the person who rocks your world might just be dark-haired, or have bold features, or be brown-eyed... nothing wrong with having a preference, but IMO we should take care not to limit ourselves by them. Might miss out on something good that way.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 587
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/2/2010 11:24:49 PM
no no Sakhalin Island is off the grid, you have to have special invite to get there, it has been a closed military possession of Russia / Soviet Union since 1942. It is still a closed island, much like Cuba is to U.S. Asian women, speaking Russian. hell I may never come back.
 whzcheatinwho
Msg: 588
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/3/2010 6:56:41 PM
This thread should be changed to Women/Only Tall Men because that's the way it is.

Funny you should say that. Notice the title of the thread?

It is "short women/tall men"

That's pretty much what this thread was supposed to be about, until the short guys tried to hijack it with their bitter whining.
 Ghost Nation
Msg: 589
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 3:30:41 AM
any one else tired of this "woe is me " little man syndrome nonsense

rolls eyes --- build a bridge , focus on your talents and capabilities and personalty - rather than your own perceived handicap and get on with life.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 590
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 3:33:15 PM

ATTENTION

Thread CLEANED again. ANYONE posting ANY more off topic or thread hijacking posts here will join a host of others on vacation at POF banned camp. This is NOT for short guys to whine that ALL women have to have tall men and NOT about anyone being obese. STAY ON TOPIC! Short women/tall men

Cowboy
 chuckyB51
Msg: 591
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 3:40:08 PM
Short women want and need tall men to make themselves feel feminine. Tall men want and need short women to make themselves feel masculine.
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 592
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 3:55:14 PM
"Short women want and need tall men to make themselves feel feminine. Tall men want and need short women to make themselves feel masculine. "

That may be your opinion and your entitled to it but I do disagree. Being 6'2" myself I have no want or need of any woman, short or tall, to fufill such a want or need. I will not dispute that a woman can 'add' to a mans feeling masculine but it is not a need or a want in order for such.

I would suppose that in the case of women, that the feeling is mutual in respects to femininity. But then again I am sure you should ask a few to find out whether or not I am right.
 CynthiaMw
Msg: 593
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:01:58 PM

Short women want and need tall men to make themselves feel feminine. Tall men want and need short women to make themselves feel masculine.

How does a short man who admits to wearing 3" lifts know what a tall man thinks, feels, believes, or bases his masculinity on?
And how do you presume to know what a woman thinks, feels, believes, or bases her feminity on?
Your only frame of reference is that of a man YOUR height.
You are a troll.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 594
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:56:18 PM

How does a short man who admits to wearing 3" lifts know what a tall man thinks, feels, believes, or bases his masculinity on?
And how do you presume to know what a woman thinks, feels, believes, or bases her feminity on?
Your only frame of reference is that of a man YOUR height.
You are a troll.

I don't believe in cheating on your height personally - like how are you going to get around the issue?
 WeAre1
Msg: 595
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 8:20:11 PM

"Short women want and need tall men to make themselves feel feminine."

Not this short woman...I feel feminine without needing others to confirm it....and I've always felt feminine, long before the age to date.

(Please be careful not to write your projections and assumptions without adding they are purely your opinion.)
 bsp71
Msg: 596
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 9:27:56 PM
+1 WeAre1 thats encouraging and good to be yourself and have good confidence in who you are.

Actually, I have only had one time when a date told me that I was "too short" for her and she was rude about it. I just laughed and told her "ok well thats fine cuz you are too fat for me" and that ended that date. Turns out she was into men over 6'5" tall I guess. Funny because I once had a nice date with a tall lady who did not mind that she was taller than me. Of course she was independent and smart- finishing her PhD in bio-engineering at UCSD at the time we were dating.
 SassySky
Msg: 597
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/4/2010 11:26:44 PM

Wow this thought process boggled my mind.

I am sorry I have never needed any sized man to make me feel feminine. I was brought up that came from with in. I am considered very short. I also can be very feminine actually I totally enjoy being a woman.

I also have never dated a man that needed my height to feel masculine. They did that all by themselves. Like I have posted I have dated what is considered short men, average men, tall men, and very tall men.

I think this would be horrible kind of like the trophy thing. Not happening to me nor would I ever embrace this.
 Mel1509
Msg: 598
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/5/2010 4:43:21 AM
Why would short women need a tall man to feel more feminine? As a tall woman I know being tall makes me feel less feminine, and I feel I need a tall man to make me feel more so...

why also would it matter to his masculinity if a six five man was with a woman of five two or five nine, they would still both be a fair bit shorter than him?
 WeAre1
Msg: 599
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/5/2010 5:16:37 AM
maybe there's a speck of truth in his statement for some.....or maybe it's more a case of being with someone taller or smaller can help some people feel more of who they are....in his case he was thinking masculine or feminine, but it could work for any adjective - for example, more intelligent, more loving, more caring, more witty, more funny, more beautiful or handsome (or less of any of these things too).....but to make a general statement like his as if it's fact for all is what I can't agree with....

so, back to staying completely on topic - for me it seems pointless guessing why short women and tall men attract each other.

imo the thread can only be answered by those who do fall into that category in practice....which has happened here, but, sadly, some then took that as an open invitation to put them down for their choices.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 600
short women/tall men
Posted: 3/5/2010 10:51:15 AM

Why would short women need a tall man to feel more feminine?

I don't agree with that statement much either... but IMO, there are two factors when it comes to height with basically all women:
(a) Is he taller than me?
(b) Is he not the shorter guy in the group of guys?

(b) is what keeps short women's desired range on height not too far from a tall woman's desired range.

I don't think a short gal would need a tall guy to be more feminine, although a tall guy vs a short guy who's just taller than the short girl, will most likely make her feel more feminine.

It's guys vs other guys. If he's not one of the "shorter" guys in a group, regardless of a woman's height, he passes the test, as long as he's taller than her. SOME girls can be "picky" and want a 6 foot guy just because that IS prized as a better catch by traditional standards. I would say those type of girls are more into self-image (being with a guy who can be considered "tall" by society's standards).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men