Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Taztiger72
Msg: 78
view profile
History
short women/tall menPage 4 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Well my comment is if ALL Tall Men Said tomorrow that Short Men should be exterminated the vast majority of Women would say - "Let's Do It!" And all men over 5'11" and up (including straight/single, straight/alternative lifestyle, married men) is 14.9% so if you feel that all the women in the US should go for it - you will get what you deserve - very few men and sharing with other women and wives for the same men ( we see it every day) - because you can't even have them all and you base every male that 85% of men online are losers to you.....

You know what - really I say this to you all on this thread - I base dating on 2 things - am I attracted to the woman and I can get a long with her or not. You deserve what you get when you base totally on height - once again judging a book by its cover only is "NAIVE".

Hopefull1964
Msg: 79
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:50:19 AM
Notice how all the female posters who only look at the 5'10+ guys to date are themselves 5'-5'3". Just proves the idea that women only want a guy at least a few inches taller is just false. A short guy cannot even find a petite girl to date. These women consider the short guy, " short" realative to the average & see him as a loser , as this is the stereo typical image portrayed in popular culture. As the documentries " Short & Male" & " Are we short changing our short men?" indicated as long as there are these stereo typical negative attitudes towards short men , the short man has no chance. They also showed how completely false these negative stereo types were. 2-4 years ago I saw a couple of t.v. commercials that made fun of & degraded a short man. I was quite shocked. They ran for a very brief period. Perhaps the 2 different companies got some flax for it? ...... but it goes to show how scociably pervasive & acceptable these attitudes have become. You would never see any advertising like that today towards a particular race of people.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 80
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/25/2010 6:49:47 AM

Notice how all the female posters who only look at the 5'10+ guys to date are themselves 5'-5'3".

Look like I said before - all women starting at 4'2" want 6'0".

It's Hard Programmed into all Women to seek taller.
Plus - Tall Men are always right. The Short Man is always wrong in women's minds. And you can insult a Shorter Man because he deserves it.

The Male posters who complain the most about short men are always the guys who have it easy - they don't want more competition for their women - haven't any of you figured that out yet?

Within reason you can say the average woman who is 5'6" or taller is not realistically that far off for a man who is 6'0" with 2-3" High Heels a woman is close to the size of these men maybe 1-2" off.

Now ladies explain to me the issue of why a petite woman who is 4'2" to 5'0" refuse to date men who are under 6'0" Tall? What 10-16" not a big enough size difference?

It sounds like the old thing with the "Napoleon Complex" which is a derogatory remark and very bigoted - no man under 6'2" is to be trusted - well the Netherlands the Average Man is 6'5" - so is this going to be the Gold Standard? Then no American Male is worthy for any woman according to the Dutch! A Man who is 6'3" in Holland is considered an unworthy and a Short Man with a "Napoleon Complex"!

It's Amazing All the Women keep saying they like tall men - then my point is - what all short men should give up? Their answer is yes. You want to talk about shallowness and seeing the world in Black & White only - man I'll tell you. Open Minded to a woman means one thing anymore - The Man must be open minded to accept a super short woman! It has no other meaning!
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 81
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/25/2010 8:58:04 AM
I already explained why such petite women ONLY find men of average to tall attractive. You only have to look back to the 1990's to find a sitcom with a short bald guy portrayed as a neurotic looser. It was & is scociably acceptable to stereo type short men this way. No women wants to date neurotic loosers & the pop. culture has got this image deeply ingrained in the female psychey .... short guys are neurotic loosers. The latest psychology test ( I.A.T. = implicit association test) proves this to now be the case. GO INTO any old age home ( years ago I worked in one) & talk to the old ladies. You will find this negative attitude & desire for tall men was not present. MANY short women married short men 50, 60, 70 years ago.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 82
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/25/2010 1:55:45 PM

And you and Taz are helping this image how?

Like I told you - patronizing and talking down to all shorter men is your defense mechanism and Women love that - My question to you is how many more women do you want in your life - because if I were you at 6'2" I wouldn't be fighting with a bunch of short men unless you are here to let steam off and make fun of shorter men.

Honestly yes i've heard of women attributing negative traits to ALL shorter men, simply because of a bad experience with 1 or 2, but really look at it this way...if she's that shallow/unintelligent do you REALLY want to spend time with her??

Women think in the pack - lemming mentality - so the majority think Black & White on the Height topic. Seriously I know men who are 2-3" inches shorter than me who were completely unstable and had larger than life personalities - but all men under 6'0" are not like that - maybe they are made fun of even people my size all their lives - at least at my height - I stand up for my self and yes I whine about this issue - but you nailed the point on the head -

No I wouldn't want to be with a woman who had a problem with my height - yes there are women who have no problem with that - and I have dated them - but other issues didn't let them work out (amount of education, political views). But, I have dated more women who think the height thing is too much for them - like I said I personally have no problem with my size like the other posters on here who want to be taller - seriously I'd never be the person I am and I am content with my height - I am taller than both my parents. And yes I like petite women and I like taller women so I have no problem with who I date, but on the scale more petite women have dated me than taller - and I don't have a preference either way of tall or short - and I have been blessed that most of the women I have dated were pretty intelligent.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 84
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:23:35 PM
It's easy to be taller than me. That's no challenge. But I also want smarter, stronger, funnier, better than me.
I just want to have someone I can look up to.

beatriceismydog
Msg: 85
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/26/2010 4:55:43 AM
I'm only 5'4" but wouldn't want someone my height, to me 5'4" is a woman's height. If the guy is 5'9" or taller I'm okay with it. My last boyfriend was 6'3", 220 lbs and very muscular. Doubt if I'll ever get that again. It was nice I can't lie.
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 86
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/28/2010 4:15:33 AM
How many short women with short man = 0
How many women of any height with any short man= 0
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 87
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/28/2010 3:58:04 PM
I know a few women that dislike being short ........ BECAUSE ..... all the short guys try to date them. HOW TERRABLE!!! They even go as far as to say, the short guys should clue into the fact that no girls want them !!!!
 Taztiger72
Msg: 88
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/28/2010 5:09:54 PM

funny how on avg its the TINY girls 4'11-5'2 who want the bean poles.

For Most Women the Cut-Off is about 5'8" they will not go below that - but still they feel cheated that they didn't get the Magical 6'0" Man.

A Woman who is 4'2" wants 6'0"
A Woman who is 4'11" wants 6'0"
A Woman who is 5'4" wants 6'0"
A Woman who is 5'8" wants 6'0"
A Woman who is 5'10" wants 6'0"

Like I said before Ted Bundy was 6'0" & so was Gary Ridgway.....
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 89
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/28/2010 6:06:04 PM

For Most Women the Cut-Off is about 5'8" they will not go below that - but still they feel cheated that they didn't get the Magical 6'0" Man.

DUDE????????? The ONLY person stating such silliness is YOU!!!!!!! Who are these "most women" you so often speak of? Find me ONE woman on this cite that states she feels cheated by a man who isn't 6' tall. Go to the gym, eat some comfort food, see a movie, up your meds, or whatever it's gonna take, but PLEASE just stop it. You're making me as angry as you obviously are. There are countless posts here clearly stating that many of us DO NOT CARE about the height. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
 chuckyB51
Msg: 90
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/28/2010 8:02:35 PM

DUDE????????? The ONLY person stating such silliness is YOU!!!!!!! Who are these "most women" you so often speak of? Find me ONE woman on this cite that states she feels cheated by a man who isn't 6' tall. Go to the gym, eat some comfort food, see a movie, up your meds, or whatever it's gonna take, but PLEASE just stop it. You're making me as angry as you obviously are. There are countless posts here clearly stating that many of us DO NOT CARE about the height. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen too many posts on here about women who don't care about height. I just went through here and found that the vast majority of women do care about height.

I'm not sure why you or many others don't want to believe the experiences of the majority of shorter than average men. But, if you don't want to listen to them, let's look at both the scientific research and research done by the media.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article532535.ece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3YR1ZTonc

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080815/ENTERTAIN/808150306&sfad=1

There are probably another 100 articles and research studies about this subject.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 91
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/28/2010 8:41:02 PM
You know what I have asked out women from my own personal experience who were 4'10" to 5'0" out they call me a midget and the answer is always - NO!

I predominately have dated women 5'2-5'5" and they are a little more accepting at first - not many but some are because we are around eye level - things work sometimes / others don't - but you can see that they consider you short too - and they always say things like - I need a Tall Man and we just don't click! Hell, we get along - have a lot of things in common and have lots of fun - but they always come back and say - no Click (i.e. You aren't tall enough) Like what the hell - they go to men they have nothing in common, absolutely drop all their plans with their lives, careers and become subservient to the man and are miserable with to be with a taller man????

I have dated taller women - they automatically feel like the whole world is looking at them funny? Like I care about what people think! Not enough and they run quickly.

My point is this - and this is not whining or trying to make anyone mad - but if you keep thinking Height = Everything then you are ripping yourselves off - there are tons of men who are around that are looking for women and you slight them totally on size and would only date them if they were rich & famous. You know when you pick a car to buy you can't get the Cadillac as your in most cases you have a large selection of sizes to chose from - but when you cut out 75% of your choices out then you are cutting your own chances down.

Also - Men, including myself do not care about my height! I can do anything any other person can do without problems - but you make it an issue - that is like WTF are you talking about - and we don't care in the least! The Men who do get corrective surgery and make themselves taller - wait until they have kids!

Hopefull1964
Msg: 92
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:42:51 AM
..... and to add ... it is now a REQUIREMENT that the guy is 5'10"+. NOT a preference. Preference means you also, in many instances, date short guys but favour taller guys........ A LITTLE more. There is no change or consideration of dating a short guy. In all the threads I have only read 1 lady who dated long term a short guy & spoke positively about it. The others trash short guys & vow to stay clear of them like H1N1 & persue the tall Gods!!!
 Taztiger72
Msg: 93
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/29/2010 1:07:23 PM

FYI, that 5'9 guy you dated, wasn't short, that's avg height in USA & Canada.

You understand this statement = women do not care they don't want average they want the Magical 6'0" Man - no matter their own height - it's like the Ultimate and nothing compares to it. It is a Requirement for a lot of women - and no it's not embedded in their DNA - I've read taller Women complain about this and blame Disney because most women watch a lot of the Disney Channel growing up and this is emphasized a lot - the Man has to be extremely tall and the women must be petite and they can protect them against the "boogy man" who is all shorter men under 6'0". This is a double edged sword - it cuts Short Men out and Taller Women out.

Yes in the Anglo World the Average Male is 5'9' to 5'10" and Women Average 5'4" to 5'6" - because there is a lot of people who carry DNA from towns people who lived in towns and cities for generations and the Height was carried - Taller people have DNA from Country People who lived in the Countryside where there was more room to be Taller.

Here is the problem with this Tall Man thing: It is totally blind of several things for a relationship - Smarts, Personality, Trust, Stability, Character - it is a 100% superficial issue and it has nothing to do with the person - they are a prize - Women like to show off to their friends and say I got a Caddy - what do you got? Its more of a competitive thing and to say to their friends "I got Mine" then it cycles that women want the same thing Taller and Taller and if Average Men are the only one's available then "There are No Real Men left" Like I said I challenge any women to say to their mother, "There are no real men left because there are no 6'0" tall men available."

Fifi47
Msg: 94
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 4:36:48 AM
I like men of all shapes and sizes, it does not matter to me if a man is tall, short or average. Some tall men I have met seem to like short, plump women, and some seem to really prefer tall thin women. Some people have preferences, some seem to have set rules about a person's appearance, and some are like me, they like a variety of people, based on the personality, not the appearance.
 standoutboy
Msg: 95
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 7:18:05 AM

People win big lotteries..... never met one myself, not likely to & even less likely to win one myself in this life time...... we all know the odds are insanely small. I guess there is that 1 in a million who will end up dating a short guy. Bet they never said I prefer a short guy. I have a few married female friends who are mystified by me being single .... til I have them think about it ( did they & did their female friends of past or present date short men???) ..... then they get it. Always the same story ( Your a great guy & nice looking , why are you having no luck?) in that they themselves are never interested in short guys ...... but some ( mystical , unknown ) girls must. It is like a Leprachan ( the women who like short men) in that never spesifically seen but believed to exist. In my 45 years I have not met a Leprachan NOR met a woman who is single & avail. AND likes short men.

Absolutely spot on and well ariculated, hopefull 1964. And, its not just only limited to thier stringent height requirements, it could be, on any of thier numerous whimsical and arbitrary preferences, I can't be bothered to mention, right now.
I love it, when women especially single women coo at me with the most sympathetic tone 'you are nice guy, you ll find someone'. That cliche absolutely cracks me up, because there is me thinking, if I am such a nice and intelligent and whatnot guy, why are you wishing me on someone else you dont know and care about- its not like you are altruistic or something ,why do you reject my advances and put me down in such a brusque manner, why would you prefer to date the guy, you and I and everyone well knows, is stringing along two or more women or why have you determined to choose to stay single until the 'Big Bad Giantman' or any other manly creature of 'Perfection' turns up, than attempting at giving it a go, with the 'out of luck' guy, you might just be compartible with.
Very well said.hopefull1964. Great observation.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 96
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 2:16:21 PM

..... and to add ... it is now a REQUIREMENT that the guy is 5'10"+. NOT a preference.

HUH?????????????????????? I've had four first dates in the past month and a half. Not ONE of them was over 5'8". One clearly lied about his height, at 5'9" and I knew immediately he was barely 5'7". The height didn't kill the date, his negative attitude did.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 97
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 2:34:33 PM

VeryGreen, you've already indicated that you honestly don't really care about height, I just hope you don't go thinking like some women that he's negative because of his height, and that all people his height or shorter are the same.

LMFAO ~ Uhhmmmmmmmmm, NO. His negativity had to do with his LIFE, not his height. The world did him wrong. The last gal he dated stopped calling him and wouldn't tell him why, she must have been bi-polar. His career went to hell because his ex wife was a biitch. His car had a flat tire because some idiot left a nail on the Parkway, etc., etc. It was non-stop. Had nothing to do with his height. (As I've stated a dozen times in the past 4 years here ~ height makes no difference to me unless he is short on intellect, sense of humor, self-worth or common sense.)
 Taztiger72
Msg: 98
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 2:44:04 PM
GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK!!! you guys do it too not always about height but legs tits ass face weight hair shit ...when the last time that you gave that 300 pounder thyroid issued woman with the bad acne scars a chance shes got an awesome personality...what about the skinny limped hair woman with no ass , i hear she makes an awesome catch...we all things we go for ..learn to deal...

Here again - you lose - that Women who you put down as a 300lbs or the skinny one are interested in the same 6'0" man you are -

And you know what they won't take a shorter man either....

My suggestion if it's all about height competition - then move to Holland = they want the Tallest offspring in the world right now....

All Women 4'0" to 6'7", 75lbs to 300lbs, all demographics want men 6'0" - so get you get over it...
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 99
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 4:52:41 PM
1) No one is claiming 100% of women reject short guys.
2) several reaerch studies show a huge proportion do. Aprox. in the high 80s to low 90's. Thus about 10% will date short guys. The 90 persent do not prefer to date BUT will ONLY date guys 5'10"+= requirment.
3) Not easy to find that 10% AND have all the other compatability factors come together, thus making it EXTREEMLY hard to find a mate.
Thus lies the cunundrum for the short guy.
4) all the posters agree , more or less, to this situation.
5) A value system for mate selection changes very slowly through the generations. Height was of no consequence 100 years ago. Who knows what physical characteristics will be valued 100 years from now. Side burns & a bushy chest & face were all the rage for almost 15 years back in the mid. 60's to late 70,s.
6) This obsession with height will not change anytime soon. Unlike hairy chests, ya' can't just wax.
7) Short guys are s.o.l. Some will win the lottery most do not.
8) Secretary of the Dept. of Labour ( u.s.a.) Robert Reich (early 90's) was having his Dept. studying various wage inequalities. One statistic that stuck out: huge difference in % of married short guys. Way off the charts low % married or in a relationship. I am not sure how they got the stats. on height.
COMMON SENCE: how many short guys with a mate , do you see in large public area like shopping malls. VERY RARE.
 DiannaBall
Msg: 100
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 5:21:53 PM
I only like taller men too. I need someone to wrap my legs around and know they are there. Not to mention, I am pretty buff so I need a man with more muscle than me (won't be found on this site.) So yeah, I keep them tall and fit for a few reasons. I like wearing heels too. Anywhere. They look best around a nice tall buff man's neck. :) *Wink
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 101
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 5:49:34 PM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts13735689.aspx
This outta set this thread back about 13 pages.
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 102
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 6:37:26 PM
That is HILLARIOUS . Only you ^^^^^ responded to that threat. Guessing no one else ever saw such a thing. The thread 3 post previous; 5'1 & only TALL man need respond..... SOOOOOO typical.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 103
short women/tall men
Posted: 1/30/2010 7:04:22 PM
Hmmm:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/603849/why_tall_women_should_date_short_men.htmlhttp://www.datingish.com/710525873/short-mentall-women/
http://www.walktallshoes.com/research/taller-women-short-men-talk.html
http://www.tallwomen.org/links/
http://engagement101mag.wordpress.com/2009/06/15/tall-women-short-men-relationships/
http://www.datehookup.com/Thread-319122.htm
http://www.planjam.com/weblog/2007/08/22/short-men-tall-order-tips-for-dating-taller-women/
http://www.ehow.com/how_2225005_date-tall-womanshort-man.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/sep/06/gender.lifeandhealth
http://www.datingish.com/710525873/short-mentall-women/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-477179/Why-DO-tall-women-love-little-men.html
http://www.tallcorina.com/tall-women-with-short-men.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/14/famous-couples-with-talle_n_214948.html
http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzz/Tall_Women_Short_Men
http://www.shortsupport.org/News/0285.html

~OT~ Maybe this will clear up some of those questions we've been politely attempting to spell out:

Napoleon Bonaparte: Controversy over short man syndrome - or the Napoleon Complex - has raged for years

It is said to have motivated Napoleon, spurred on Mussolini and driven Attila the Hun.

Now scientists may finally have proof for the "short man syndrome" - the phenomenon where tiny men overcompensate for their lack of height through acts of aggression.

A new scientific study has shown that shorter men are more likely to be jealous husbands and boyfriends than their taller counterparts.

Controversy over short man syndrome - or the Napoleon Complex - has raged for years.

Supporters of the syndrome say that society's obsession with height forces small men to overcompensate by becoming chippy, more aggressive and - in extreme cases - lust power.

The new findings come from two studies carried out at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.

There, researchers asked 100 men and 100 women how jealous they were in their current relationships.

They were given a range of options from "not jealous at all" to "morbidly jealous".

They were also asked how interested their partners were in members of the opposite sex.

Shorter men were far more likely to say they were jealous than taller ones.

"Taller men tended to be less jealous, and the tallest men were the least jealous," said the researchers, led by Dr Abraham Buunk.

"In contrast very short and very tall women tended to be more jealous and women of approximately average height were the least jealous."

In a second study, 119 male and 230 female students were asked to say how jealous they would be if they were at a party - and say their girlfriend, or boyfriend, flirting with a stranger.

Again, taller men were the least jealous, and short men the most, New Scientist reports today.

Average sized women were the least jealous- while tall and short women were the most. ...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-532448/Is-PROOF-short-men-feel-insecure.html#ixzz0e9h8pWHg

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men