Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Taztiger72
Msg: 151
view profile
History
short women/tall menPage 7 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

you know if short people quit dating, quit breeding, eventually the gene would die out. cheer up, by the time you get reincarnated, you could come back taller.

eventually that short gene works out the Punnet squares ;)

You know that ain't true - all men & women carry genes to produce smaller children if they have ancestors who lived in towns. Plus there is only so Tall the human race can be before it's a burden - the tallest people in the world live shorter, eat more food, and are not healthy at all.

I do have to say the size range for men from 5'4" to 5'11" has been around for thousands of years and are more suited for change and highly adaptable - Taller Men over 6'0" are at a disadvantage on so many levels and they know it too! You know if there is a famine they are the very first to go - ha ha!
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 152
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/1/2010 2:18:04 PM
Hey Taz. , just another interesting tid bit. For a couple of decades Nasa & the space shuttle/ space station programme has been restling with the problems of muscle & bone loss in humans under prolonged weighless. I won't go into all the spin-off health issues to heart, immunity system ect. Suffice that a planned 3 year trip to Mars is not possible at this time for 1 major stumbling block. The amout of muscle & bone loss over 3 years will be catastrofic to re-entry into our gravity. We cannot maintain a weighless condition & gradual increase for astronauts who come back 3 years later. THE VERY INTERESTING FACT: Those who are 5'8"+ exponentially lose muscle& bone mass. Those that are very small 4'11"- 5'1" esp. petite women have a much lesser loss of bone & muscle. They are trying to study & find why such a big negative effect on larger people. Also they seem to not have much method of counter acting it. They do exercise in space but it only helps a bit. Some researchers feel that future astronaughts may just have to be under 5'8' for long term space travel. 100+ years from now, short people may be the in group .... the new male stars. JUST another interesting thing but a little out there. I found it interesting & maybe NOT co-incidental that " the greys" .... alien visitors claimed to visit earth are consistantly described as 4'6". Long distance space travelors with optamized bodies for prolonged space travel???????? [[[ ]]]] <<< I am being abducted!!!
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 153
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/1/2010 3:17:49 PM
I really don't understand the emotion that goes into this issue or how many people feel the need to bash others over it.

Everyone has different preferences. Who cares?

My height has never been an issue for me. Then again, I'm not 5'3" nor do I have a slim build. I am massive... and have really wide shoulders so I still outweigh women who are around 5'3" by about 100 lbs.

Plus, when you're a combat vet, carry a Glock everywhere, and have taken martial arts for 14 years... women generally tend to feels safe and protected around you.

Perhaps the reason my height has never been an issue in my dating life is because it's not an issue to me. I'm the tallest man I've ever met.

::shrug::

-8sf8
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 154
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/2/2010 8:06:14 AM

I really don't understand the emotion that goes into this issue or how many people feel the need to bash others over it.

Everyone has different preferences.

Here's your answer:

tallness is not an issue with me unless of course you are shorter

It's like how "money doesn't matter -- so long as he doesn't make less than me".
Or "size doesn't matter", but no woman wants a guy with a short d1ck.

Again, they aren't "preferences" because they go in only one direction. They are threshold requirements. There are no women who want someone shorter. Throw in the additional high heel thing and it becomes a major deal. Because while one can make a case for money or endowment making a tangible difference in how things go, the height requirement seems irrelevant to anything that really matters.

Who cares?

Obviously shorter guys (and scientists who study mate selection)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCQJO77U3I

Not to mention that there are bigger issues, like how since women got the vote the taller candidate has won every time (with the exception of Bush the 2nd's two elections, which we know were stolen). So there is a sense in which everyone should care because there are very real consequences for all of us. Shedding light on the situation can only be a Good Thing.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 155
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/2/2010 12:59:40 PM
Ever hear of the Big Man's Complex or Reverse Napoleon Complex

There are a lot of Tall Men who think they are superior and should have everything given to them - I don't get everything I want and why should you just because of your height!
 Bablynbrook
Msg: 156
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/2/2010 1:07:04 PM

Not to mention that there are bigger issues, like how since women got the vote the taller candidate has won every time (with the exception of Bush the 2nd's two elections, which we know were stolen).

Maybe the taller candidate won because he had more time to prepare as he wasnt on the forums complaining about being looked down on (literally and figuratively)
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 157
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/2/2010 2:34:36 PM
8sf8: i'm in the same boat as you...minus the carrying a glock...that will get you imprisoned here.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 158
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/3/2010 10:10:49 AM

It's like how "money doesn't matter -- so long as he doesn't make less than me".
Or "size doesn't matter", but no woman wants a guy with a short d1ck.

Again, they aren't "preferences" because they go in only one direction. They are threshold requirements. There are no women who want someone shorter. Throw in the additional high heel thing and it becomes a major deal. Because while one can make a case for money or endowment making a tangible difference in how things go, the height requirement seems irrelevant to anything that really matters.

This smacks of some serious bitterness, my friend. And you're also full of it.

I see women all the time who are with shorter guys. When I was 21 years old at 5'7", I dated miss teen NC, and yes, she liked to wear heels. She was 5'8" without the heels.

Height is just another excuse people make to justify not attracting others. Yes, it can be an issue, but if you have enough dating collateral it won't matter. Just like despite me wanting a career woman, if she is hot and smart enough, I'd date a McDonalds worker.

I'm 5'7". I have NEVER seen my height as a liability. I'm insanely strong for a human - like an ant. I'm the perfet height to get inside most men's guards and break them in half. I'm just the right height to be taller than my favorite ladies (5'-5'5") and easily kissable.

I like myself.

Perhaps the biggest difference between me and you, and our attitudes on this is simply that I like who I am, and would honestly not change anything if I could.

-8sf8
 chuckyB51
Msg: 159
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/3/2010 10:10:16 PM
Most women’s femininity is not internal but external. Women receive their femininity from outward forces. This is why they have the need for a taller man. If she can’t wear heals she doesn’t feel feminine. If he doesn’t make her feel small and feminine she doesn’t feel feminine. It is sad to see that a woman needs to receive her femininity from outward forces and can’t feel like a woman and be proud of it just because she is. Much of a woman’s self worth and femininity is based on the man on her arm. Women always need reinforcement to feel feminine and this comes from men. We can see this in some of the previous posts.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 160
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 12:01:38 AM

P.S. even one or a handful of female posters does not "most" women make.

Look, I think you have a point - and I never said all women - just the vast majority - and I don't think your height issue is in question.

The question should be why do extremely short WOMEN who are lets say 4'6" to 5'2" refuse to date men who are 2-3" inches taller than themselves and jump to 5'10" or taller????

All I want on here is some sort of help because if you ask a woman about what their Height Range is 1. They think you are automatically having a problem with your height - in reality you are not in their range most likely and 2. It is a big waste of time to talk to someone who is looking for a man who is 5'8" or taller when you are 5'4"! 3. Only Shorter Men have to question whether or not a woman who is 2-3 inches shorter maybe even in high heels has a Height Issue.

Personally, like I have said before I'd rather not be with someone so superficial that they judge me on my height, or any other superficial reason.

And also I can't defend other men who do "WHINE" on here and don't even attempt to even have a conversation with women - maybe they think they are too good to? Fine with me - less competition for me.

And for the Tall Men who think they have it made - get over it man you are no better or superior to any other man just because you are Taller - you have a complex if you think that.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 161
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 12:30:58 AM
^^^^^^^^
This woman just proves my point in msg. 353. Because of her weight she uses tall men to make herself feel feminine.

Her dwarf comment also exemplifies what most shorter than average men deal with. The guy probably wasn't even short.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 162
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 12:03:30 PM
For her, it was as if the main criteria they had was finding a woman shorter than them, and that they could have cared less about who she was as a person (really smart, funny, kind, passionate about music). We are the same general physical "type," (people thought we were sisters) only I'm about 5" taller - we talked about how I wasn't having this problem. For years, I saw her date and have boyfriends in the 5'4" and under range, and these individuals were pricks. Every single one of them - she had very bad luck in that regard. Average and tall guys were fine.

Oh, so you regard all small men as Pricks! Huh! and Very Tall men over 6'0" Aren't?

More like your friend is full of it - Tall Men go after short women because they can deal with a woman in their face - all they have to do is pick up a short woman and throw her.

Personality wise - Pricks come in all Heights and Good Men come in all Heights - you are a Heightist and so is your friend. She obviously thinks men who are under 6'0" Tall are midgets and not worthy for her and she decided to feel like daddy's little girl when she was 8 years old than be equal with a man in her height range, but she had to be a full 12" shorter than her MAN - Heightist - you base a man totally 100% on height!

Hopefull1964
Msg: 163
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 1:07:43 PM
I know a few girls who hate being short because they DO NOT want to attract the short guys. FOR NO OTHER REASON than they are not attracted to short guys. ARE very negative about them & quite prejudice. TO the lady who thought the short guys wanted her JUST because she was short, shows her negative attitude towards short guys .... BECAUSE, ... for all she knows the average/ tall guys could be DOING THE SAME THING !!! Ie. Selecting her because she is short. SO WHAT !!! That just breaks the ice , sort of speak. Does not mean that was the only thing to start the attraction & it certainly won't sustain any attraction.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 164
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 1:12:40 PM
I guess I'm sort of lucky. I'm just under 5'4 so most guys are at least
my height or taller. My ex is 5'5...never thought he had an issue with
his height and I know I didn't.
Come to think of it...not sure I've ever gone out with someone that was
a whole bunch taller than me.
I see short people!
 Taztiger72
Msg: 165
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 1:20:08 PM
I guess I'm sort of lucky. I'm just under 5'4 so most guys are at least
my height or taller. My ex is 5'5...never thought he had an issue with
his height and I know I didn't.

Not according to the Press and the Women on these sites - they consider you either "stupid", "desperate" or you just didn't tell your friends first so they could do an intervention to get you a much Taller Man. Don't you know that men over 6'0" tall are the most desirable, most loving, most supportive, have the most money, can protect you, and most suited to procreate - whilst Short men are all Crazy, have health issues and are basically trash! And you see you aren't with a 5'5" man anymore - they are unreliable!

If you want to be part of the in-crowd - the women on here can suggest since you are 5'4" get yourself a pair of 6"+ High Heels and get into the ring to get yourself a "REAL MAN" because No man is under 6'0"!
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 166
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 1:37:18 PM
^^^ You know you make yourself look really pathetic and ball-less when you whine this much, right?

I'm 5'7". I dated a model in Charlotte who was half an inch shy of 6' tall.

Height is like anything else - it can be an issue. But the more other things you have going for you, the less of an issue it is.

All men at some point have issues with dating. Methinks you should quit ragging like a woman, get off the computer, and make some money or work on your attitude.

Sitting around b*tching about how women should date based on their height is JUST as ridiculous as people saying that women should date based on their race.

And you're really not helping the stereotype about angry and insecure short men.

So quit turning yourself into a stepping stool and grow a spine.

Thank you.

-8sf8
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 167
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:15:57 PM
There is a prejudice towards short men thus: in numerous threads you will hear how some woman " gave short guys a try" & due to bad experiences will not date short guys .. BUT you NEVER hear that due to bad experiences from dating a few tall guys, they will no longer date tall guys. The bad experiences are NEVER attributed to tallness but almost always attributed to shortness. ONCE AGAIN a negative attitude. AS IF shortness is attributed to poor personality traits. WELL I have met a few TALL bullies & woman abusers. But never will women attribute the abusivness to the man's tallness. BUT a short abusive man IS abusive because he is short. WHY else would he be abusive but for the fact that he is insecure & angry for being short. WELL GUESS WHAT????; maybe he does not care that he is short. AND maybe an abusive tall man is abusive BECAUSE he is tall & thinks he should be the master & BIG GUY that everyone sucomes to his demands. Hmmm .... maybe we should hear more women say they are going to not date tall men anymore because of the big bullying & big egos of many tall men!!! Ya' when hell freezes over.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 168
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:33:09 PM
Just a point of contention with your post...being big and being tall are 2 different things.

you can be a small tall guy where you are thin as a board, or a big tall guy (football players usually) so remember that.

just like lil short guys and big short guys.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 169
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 7:55:31 PM
^^^
You do know that very same comment is TOTALLY proving earlier points made that bad behaviour shown by select few short men, is then attributed and broadcast to ALL short men, while a bunch of tall guys could act the very same...yet you would not say ewww all tall guys are X, nice double standard.

good job.

I've no horse in this race, I just like all the cards being on the table.

Also statistically tall men cheat far more often, isnt that an undesirable trait?
 chuckyB51
Msg: 170
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 9:01:17 PM
If a woman has just one bad experience dating a shorter than average man she clumps them all into one category of all being the same and bad. But if she has a bad experience with a taller than average man she doesn’t do this. Why the double standard?
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 171
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 9:09:54 PM

(Msg 352) This smacks of some serious bitterness, my friend. And you're also full of it.

I assure you I'm simply stating the facts, which nothing you say does anything to refute. You're reading any "bitterness" on my part into it.

I see women all the time who are with shorter guys.

Proves nothing. Sure, women will go on dates with guys shorter than them. Women will go on dates with lots of guys they have no real interest in because it's a low-risk proposition for them, as he's shouldering most or all the costs.

But, to repeat, in fewer than 1 per cent of marriages is a woman taller than her husband, so those dates are going nowhere.

One could even say the woman dating a guy shorter than her is just using him, for the time being.

I'm 5'7". I have NEVER seen my height as a liability.

5'7" isn't short. It's average, more or less, the median height for men in the US being 5' 8½". 72% of women are between your height and six inches shorter. You'd need to be several inches or more shorter to be short.

I like myself.

Perhaps the biggest difference between me and you, and our attitudes on this is simply that I like who I am

Oh dear, you really have to stop projecting BS onto me.

if you have enough dating collateral it won't matter.

I suppose that thinking is the origin of the phrase "A man looks taller when standing on his money"...

P.S. - there's a whole thread on tall men cheating more: forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1100539.aspx
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 172
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 10:12:44 PM
As to the tall guy study on cheating I think it was 5'11 or 6' and over.

I was simply pointing out that there are no tall men getting all jacked up and whiny... go figure. As for the guys who are getting all wrapped around the axle about it in this thread, if the shoe fits...

Well of course 5'10 up guys won't get bugged out about their height...and won't whine...but ya i've seen PLENTY of tall guys piss and moan, and act like lil girls about other things.

Colonel: although 5'7 is not super short, ask most women and they will tell you its short. not trying to nitpick, since its only 1.5-2 inches under the average height, but try putting your height at 5'6 or 5'7 vs 6' on your profile and there's usually a difference in responses (as evidenced by people on these very forums)
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 173
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/4/2010 11:17:02 PM
I give up on this.

People who take no responsiblity for their own lives, and project all their unhappiness on the actions of others cannot be reasoned with.

El fin.

-8sf8
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 174
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:12:05 AM
^^^^ , Just read thread 370 & 372 . clearly the poster has very negative attitudes to short men. The thread addresses short men so OBVIOUSLY they & NOT tall men will be responding to it. Anyone who does not have their head stuck in the sand will know there is a wildly crazy idolization of tall men going on in our culture & a correlary VERY negative image of short men being projected. Studies have shown this negative image is NOT justified & is pure prejudice. back in history nothing would have changed until the African Americans spoke up & faught back. OH , & they were futher ridiculed for whinning , complaining ..... & a whole lot of other critizisms hurrled at them. The parrellels are SO identicle.
Msg: 175
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/5/2010 8:11:43 AM

I was simply pointing out that there are no tall men getting all jacked up and whiny... go figure.

Well, yeah, the thread is kinda in the direction of short men are whiney and women only want tall men.

If we were on a tangent talking about how tall men are egotistical sluts, the tall, egotistical sluts would be here ranting to suck it up and the tall, whiney haven't been laid in a while guys would be in here expecting us to provide the cheese to go with their whine.

Tall men whine, too. In my life it is because I warned them to stop physically harming someone and then kicked their butt, but the topic of their whine will vary between people and situations.
They're not going to run in here as a herd to whine about being called studs. If they disagree, most of them will just say, "pffft, I wish."

I'm wondering though, for those that are having such an issue with this (the guys anyway). Are they being proactive in anyway to find a girl?

If gambling were legal here, I'd put some solid money on "not a chance."
I'd also put solid money on them CLAIMING they don't have high standards, are a fabulous person and if they were given any real chance they'd be happily whatevered in a matter of weeks.

as for the original question from an op that is long gone:

Do tall men date short women?

Yes. I even have a friend with a theory about why extremes of either height are attracted to the opposite extreme for the purposes of evolutionary averages.

I consider myself short because I was raised in the US with well fed people and I'm normally eye-to-nipple with them. When I'm around Mexicans raised in the poor areas of Mexico I'm tall because I can see over everyone's head without even extending my neck.

I've dated taller, shorter and exactly eye to eye.
Eye to eye was best as far as height compatibility.
Height compatibility is so far down on the list it isn't even a consideration in the pros/cons of a relationship. It is right down there with the unibrow and sneezing when you drive into the rising/setting sun.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men