Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chuckyB51
Msg: 176
view profile
History
short women/tall menPage 8 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
This subject and forum shows a big difference between men and women.

A man will say, “I prefer blonds, but I will also date brunettes.”

A woman will say, “I prefer tall men, and I will only date a tall man.”

A man will say, “I prefer a woman who is in shape, but I will also date a woman with some extra weight.”

A woman will say, “I prefer a man that I can look up to, and I will only date a man who is 6” or more taller than me.”

A man will say, "I prefer a woman with big breasts, but I will also date a woman with small breasts."

A woman will say, "I prefer a man over 5' 10" (6' in most cases these days), and I will only date a men over 5'10""

It is easy to see from these forums that men have preferences and women have requirements. Maybe this is why dating expert Steve Penner has publically said that women have become the more superficial of the sexes.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 177
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 12:04:43 AM

This subject and forum shows a big difference between men and women.

Dude, you are arguing with the masses my friend - hasn't it been obvious to you yet that you are not changing people's minds on this posting - but making the case that all "SHORT MEN" which are men under 6'0" By Women's Standards are whiny losers?

At least Man, I try and try and look all around for women who will date me - and I can't change how they think - they just don't like "Short Men" anywhere - you are not going to be the Messiah, the one who makes the Lead Story - Society DOES NOT CARE and RIDICULES YOU! TV, MUSIC, MOVIES, NEWSPAPERS all Hate "Short Men" - so do the Magical 6'0" to 6'5" Men who we let run our lives in every aspect - they consider even the mention of "Heightism" a threat to their control of things - because they favor only people in the 6'0" to 6'5" range of height and men taller and shorter are a threat of the Status Quo and that 14.9% of the Population gets to Run Things and Do Things - while the rest of us get handed a pile of steaming S#!t and told to deal with it. Just remember "The Meek" and try not to let it get to you so much - I might try to point things out - but I even know at 5'4" I can find women who don't go by the mantra TALLER IS BETTER.....
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 178
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 12:20:11 AM
Alright... so how to you explain me?

I think that anyone can find a reason for their defeatest attitude if they try hard enough.

I mean, Gary Coleman is married. Granted I hear things are not doing well on the home front... but the dude has a decent looking wife.

All the dudes on here pissing and moaning, and acting like they have toxic shock and need to change their tampons... How do you all explain my existence? I'm 5'7", I've never had a problem dating, I've been in leadership positions since I was 18 years old, and I have dated better looking women than almost all my guy friends.

Seriously. How do you explain this? What makes me better than you? 3"? Please.

The only reason others look down on you is because you let them. The only reason women think you're shrimpy and lame is because you think so.

NOBODY disrespects me. I didn't even know this was such an issue until coming to these forums. I honestly had no idea that women even really had height issues or that so many men were self conscious about it.

And you can't judge social issues based on 2 posts in the POF forums, or because you have a bunch of READ/DELETED messages on here. In POF land, ALL men have READ/DELETED messages.

Who the frack cares?

I know I'm probably wasting my time here, but I'm going to give it one more shot.

Women want a man they can rely on - not one they have to build up the ego of just so he can be a normal, functional human being.

-8sf8
Msg: 179
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 12:31:48 AM

I didn't even know this was such an issue until coming to these forums.

I KNOW! I thought a higher percentage of women were crazy compared to men until I got here and saw they're equal.
I've just been sheltered/lucky/put out the right vibe in meatspace. 90% of men are sane when I encounter them off this site!
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 180
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 6:50:15 AM
I will agree there is some extreme statements put on these threads that do give a chuckle, BUT 5'7" is slightly shorter than the average & not greatly noticable unless it is a woman who " requires" tall ( 6'1"+) , then you are out of luck. I agree most will have no problem with average height. Documentries such as " Short & Male" & " Are We Short Changing Our Short Men?" look at studies dealing with men 5'5" and shorter. These documentries reveal women see these men as , super short, the unmistacable , below average short. The documentries & studies were sourced from research out of psychology & sociology departments from major Universities over 25 years. " Short & male" was a good one that interviewed a few sociologists & psychologists & family doctors & school teachers. These are not my theories or studies but the results are very grim for the short guy. What makes it even worse is that the lack of attraction is not a attitude neutral thing as in not being attracted to a man with a mostach or blond hair. The I.A.T. showed there is a subconcious negative attitude to short men ( the wimp, looser, anti-hero). This makes shortness a very unattractive trait to the point , that one posted said, a women who might not have a problem dating a short guy, now has her friends try to disuade her, as if she is lowering her standards & dating an inferior guy. This puts added issues to her. Her friends & family would not react this way if it was a guy with side burns ( even if they were out of style).
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 181
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:23:11 AM
^^^^
Just wanted to say, as far as your father is concerned considering you're almost 40, i'm guessing he was born in the 30's or 40's right. Well the average height was lower back then, hell in the 60's 5'6 was avg.

Also the "height seeking" wasn't something that really happened that much way back then...hell my dad's married to, and he's 5'6, but he got married in the 80's and had been with my mom since like 79 or 80' (they got married after 85) but again I wouldn't say its the most valid example. Just because with the internet, and all the technology we have, we tend to be able to meet/come in contact with WAY MORE people then our parents ever could.

NOBODY disrespects me. I didn't even know this was such an issue until coming to these forums. I honestly had no idea that women even really had height issues or that so many men were self conscious about it.

THIS...so true, honestly I have no trouble in real life nobody F's with me, or yanks my chain cuz im avg height, I really only noticed this whole "height seeking" on the women's part when I came on here, it was a lil shocking, but hey they are just missing out thats all.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 182
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 12:56:21 PM
^^^ I think it's interesting to note that the more self confident people are, the less hung up on societal standards they are as well.

I've noticed that a lot of the most attrative women I've seen post on this site say that height doesn't matter, or that they have and will date shorter men.

It seems to be the fat women or the so-so lookers who are most adament about height.

Women often say that men compensate for low self esteem or high levels of self consciousness in silly ways. Fast cars, flashy clothes, etc.

Perhaps, as humans mimic the animal world (think peacocks), women with similar issues try to cover their insecurities by dating men that bolster their self confidence.

I OFTEN seen short and fat women with tall and skinny guys. I think that these demographics are fascinated with each other, but perhaps the more attractive a woman is and the better her self confidence, the more free she is to pursue men based on personality and happiness.

Just an interesting thought.

And once again, it makes the winey guys look even more ridiculous since it's the hot chicks who will date short men!

lol

-8sf8
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 183
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 1:11:27 PM
whzcheatingwho: excuses aren't the same as facts...

Fact: the avg height has gone up quite a bit in the last 30-40 yrs. 5'10 was considered tall in my parent's hayday and even before that, and 5'6 was avg. Hell in Québec you actually had to be minimum 5'7 to be a cop in my dad's time, which is near avg.
Fact: there was no such thing as internet dating 30-40 yrs ago.
Fact: most people don't go walking around with a tape measure in their pocket measuring their dates...so unless its stated as in on online profile or the person blurts it out...you don't know for certain.

I'm not making excuses for anyone, I stated facts...you chose not to except said facts, that's your problem not mine. I never said short guys don't marry, you put those words in my mouth. Short guys do marry, but statistically apparently less in proportion to their taller brethren.

8SF8: you do indeed raise a point i've thought about a few times as well, generally the smoking hot ladies don't care, maybe its because they get so many offers, they get all kinds...and have had way to many douchebags, that they just don't put as much emphasis on that, just a hypothesis.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 184
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 2:30:26 PM

I think what I'm looking at is, ok there are numerous studies, documentaries, movies, whatever that support the idea that short guys have the "short end of the stick". I get it, there's an issue here.

Yes, there is a problem and the women can only blame themselves when they get totally closed minded - hell if they told their parents the only reason they don't have a boyfriend is they can't find anyone 6'0" or Taller - their parents will look at them funny and tell them to grow the hell up.

This is the absolute #1 issue for women - at least other dating sites give you a better idea of what height range the women have and will date - yes still 90% will only date tall - but they let you know when the women will date at a lower height.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 185
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 3:09:31 PM
You talked about your dad...how the bloody hell is that current...you wanna be a wise ass fine, go waste someone else's time with these idiotic rantings, and completely missing the mark of what i'm saying.

you gave ONE example about another person...ONE...which I didn't ignore...I was comparing now to before...but you TOTALLY missed the goddamn point.

I applaud you in driving me bonkers with your drivel.

I love how you can't understand what I say...and because you can't simply read and comprehend what I write...you feel the need to put words in my mouth.

I pointed out that what you erroneously labeled as excuses have reasoning (i.e why height was not such a big issue in the past...not my fault you can't follow from post to post), and gave them...like I said, I gave sound reasoning and facts you don't like them/don't believe them go b1tch elsewhere, instead of bugging the sh1t out of me and making stuff up or insinuating.

Complain = In general use , a complaint is an expression of displeasure, such as poor service at a store, or from a local government, etc. I'm not doing any of this, i'm purely stating facts/observations, and positing theories.

BTW the whole cop thing, was using an example to show what an avg height was...not complaining...so I don't get your retarded slight of my comment...especially since it was about my father, and he's gone on to be quite successful, trust me he could care less what some bitter lady thinks bout him. I also only mentioned Quebec, since that's the only one I personally knew of, I didn't go out and research this...therefore why I did not say all of Canada.

Speaking of ignoring facts.... a female poster just indicated that she will date men who are short and she doesn't even care about height. There you go, another CURRENT FACT that you conveniently choose to completely ignore because it doesn't help justify your cause.

I didn't ignore the fact, I read it and took stock of it, but just because she feels this way, doesn't mean its not something of interest or an issue either way.

Contrary to your belief, short men do date, short men even get married!!! I know more than a few of them. In fact my dad is only 5'5" - he managed somehow to get married.
you're 38-40...your dad has to be at least 60 if not in his 80's...therefore...

Fact: the avg height has gone up quite a bit in the last 30-40 yrs
Fact: there was no such thing as internet dating 30-40 yrs ago.

Quite applicable to what you mentioned....can you see now that i've gone and made the link for you...

As to the whole tape measure thing, its alluding to the fact that more people care ONLINE about your height, then in real life, since few people walk around with tape measures to measure prospective dates, and you get to get a feel of the person a lot better in person...again do you NOW see the point now that i've gone and drawn you a picture.

Sobe gave a perfect example as well, but these guys that are whining about being short and denied by women would rather blame someone else for their crummy attitude, remain oblivious to the fact that they are their own worst enemy and continue to enjoy their pity party.

I actually agreed with many things he and 8sf8 said...soooo I don't get where you're getting at...in fact I actually called one of the guys out on his BS on this very thread...so i'm not making excuses for anyone, just laying out all the cards on the table so to speak.

Well you were given CURRENT, real life FACTUAL examples of men who are short but still managed to find a date, which you conveniently choose to ignore. I could continue to give you more, but why bother? You would also ignore them and continue to ramble about 40 years ago.

I don't know where you get that I ignored them...you made comments about earlier times...I adressed them, the fact that you can't understand that I adressed YOUR very comments about earlier times, shows your AWESOME reading skills.

As to factual evidence I GAVE YOU SOME!
I never said short guys don't marry, you put those words in my mouth. Short guys do marry, but statistically apparently less in proportion to their taller brethren.
YOU are ignoring the points that I WRITE.

Btw show me where I called others close-minded...You're diagnosis of someone so negative and bitter seems very accurate, is this what your ex told you about you?
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 186
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 3:29:11 PM
Thebestbeancounter makes a great point. Yes these pros & cons have been discussed ..... almost like a conversation from hell!! As for the shortman improving his odds, there is a conundrum. Studies show short men are unattractive to women. Short of going for leg lengthening proceedure, one is very limited. There is sites that advise short men to dress stylish, be well groomed , cheerful, outgoing, as if short men are unattractive for these reasons. WELL , they are STILL short & that is what is found to be unmanly & unsexy to women. FURTHER PROBLEM & DEEPER. It is not an attitude neutral trait ( being short as a man). if a guy sports side burns he is perhaps seen as out of style & may detract from his attractiveness & nothing more. Plus it does not have a huge impact. THE PROBLEM; mass media culture has portrayed the short guy as : the bafoon, the looser, the neurotic, the whimp ... AND is characterized this way due to his " shortness". This has sunk into the subconscious that the I.A.T has shown to a degree of 95% a negative image of short guys in peoples subconscious. The study finds this negative image projected onto the short man to be a huge barrier to his succeeding in being attractive. The study over 25 years took groups of men tall & short where they did the exact same things. Both were viewed in a different light. To make a long story brief I will just touch on a couple of instances. In a group party simulation the tall guys & short guys were instructed to behave & do things similar. After the women interviewed were found to view all the outgoing tall guys as confident & leader types & the short guys as overcompensating. Tall guy with sports car is seen as more sexy & studly. The short guy with sports car is insecure & overcompensating. OK, this is not the wright forum to detail all these studies over 25 years. There is mountains of them that conclusivly show the short guy is portrayed & thus seen in a negative way. So you ask for solutions> Start with speaking up an NOT accepting these negative stereo-types. It is BULL that the short guy that is very successful in his career is overcompensating, or the short guy with a sports car, or the outgoing extraverted short guy. WE need to SPEAK-UP & shut this negative image crap down. Then maybe women will not see us so much as anti-hero, unmanly.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 187
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 4:36:04 PM

So you ask for solutions> Start with speaking up an NOT accepting these negative stereo-types.

You know there is nothing else legally to Hate on - so we're it.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 188
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 6:28:47 PM
PrinceCharmingsCousin and Hopefull1964...We can see here that woman have a hard time with facts. Both of you have presented factual data that is based on years of studies done by academic universities and the media. Women don't want to deal with the facts presented because if they did it would show then as being very superficial. Women keep trying to prove their point by saying, "I know a short guy who dates" or "My dad is short and married." Great, so you know one shorter than average man who dates or is married...that proves a lot...Not!

Ladies...I want you to try and use facts. Show me academic research that proves your point that shorter men are not at a disadvantage and have the same opportunities and are not treated differently in the dating world and beyond. So far you haven't.
 tj2130
Msg: 189
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 7:04:56 PM
Yes im 6.5 all iv ever dated is short girls .its more of a turn on atleast to me.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 190
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:30:48 PM

FACT: I, a woman, can research circles around any of you ranters (it is my profession, and I am paid quite well for it); I simply choose not to, because that is not the point that I, or many other posters are trying to get through to your closed minds

You aren't doing it because there is little or no research to present. Almost all the research proves what has been said on here about shorter than average men. Maybe it is you who are closed minded. We can see many closed minded women on here. I'd like to see what evidence and reseach you can come up with. I'll be waiting.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 191
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:47:01 PM

We can see many closed minded women on here

Why are you arguing? Get over it = Logic On These Postings

1. If you argue - you automatically have a Height Problem
2. Then you automatically hate all women
3. You automatically are a no good creep
4. See I told you the Tall Man is a good man protecting the Women from all the Short Creepy Women Hating Creeps -

It's amazing if you point things out to be true - BECAUSE THE WOMEN DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT, but if you want they press your buttons and TALL MEN WILL AGREE TO GET IN ON THEIR GOOD SIDE - While you are made out to be a A$$HOLE and DEFAMED.

Sort of sounds like the same old story to me - Biggots turn around and make you look like a biggot instead. You can't win against hatred that runs that deep against your point of view.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 192
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:51:20 PM

Does such a thing exist?Do tall men date short women?
Short women seem to have a disproportionate interest in me compared to average height women. Yes I would definitely date a short gal.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 193
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 11:06:08 PM

lol it's kinna mystery to me why tall guys wanna go out with someone short like me lol
5'4 isn't that short for a woman. What's average like 5'6? Last girl I was seeing was 5'5
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 194
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/6/2010 11:21:46 PM

lol it's kinna mystery to me why tall guys wanna go out with someone short like me lol

I'll give you a hint. You're drop dead gorgeous and you look 22.

I agree, though. You're not that short. My x wife was 5' even.

And where I grew up, 5'4" was about average height for women.

-8sf8
 chuckyB51
Msg: 195
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/7/2010 1:20:48 PM
Based on these forums it seems that most women have no mind of their own. They are lemmings. They want you to think that she has no power over what she is attracted to. It is as if there is this cosmic force that controls attraction. Attraction is created by the mind and you have full control over it. If you don’t, then maybe you are not using all of your brain. The mind is the most powerful thing in the world. It seems that most women do not have a mind of their own.

We can also see that most women have a daddy complex. This is why they need a taller man. They want the security and protection that comes from dad. This includes both physical and financial protection. Most women feel that they need a taller man for this. It is too bad that women can’t psychologically get past this.
 littlesmiley
Msg: 196
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/7/2010 4:08:20 PM
In one of her books I can't remember the title now, Susan Jeffers (author of Feel the fear and do it anyway) mentions something that hit a chord with petite ole me... if a man has to look too far down on a woman there might be something in that - in the reverse the woman is always 'looking up' at the man.

She was ruminating as a small woman who had found love with a similar sized man after having to continually look up to her previous partner.

She said, and I have to agree, how nice it is to dance cheek to cheek, look eye to eye whenever you're talking and kiss without having to stretch your neck all the time, or him having to lean down to do so.

Some things are just easier at equal height and the value of ease shouldn't be under-rated. (imho)
 liveyourlife
Msg: 197
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/7/2010 6:22:06 PM
I'm 4'11 I don't really have a choice but to date guys that are taller than me...lol. I did date a guy that was 6'3, it was akward all around (except for getting stuff out of the cupboard, that was handy ) I find that the 5'6 to 5'9 range is good, your not straining your neck as much just to talk to them.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 198
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/7/2010 6:55:02 PM
not that i'm short but your proving those 2 guys who are nuts about driving this issue home, with this statement:

So, I don't go out of my way to date short men...ever.
You won't date short men because of ONE bad experience, and therefore lump all short guys in that category...again not jumping on you, its your life, just trying to get you to see the absurdity...would be like me swearing off white women cuz the one I did date was nuts.
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 199
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/7/2010 7:04:53 PM
I have said it before; These women already have a negative attitude impanted in their subconcious by mass media. PROOF: They never say they will NOT date a tall guy because of some bad experience..... & COME ON !!! You NEVER had an abusive, or controlling or arrogant tall guy??? GET REAL!!! But there you are continuing to go for tall guys & trash all short guy, deciding to not date them due to a couple bad experiences. The postings of the women only confirm how brainwashed by the popular culture they are to idolize tall men. Such crap!!! Such insanity to put a huge priority on mate selection based on a few inches which has NO BEARING on personality or compatable interests. This prejudice will live on because it does not represent a segment of a whole society for them to create change. That is, it does not involve male & female & all ages , single & married of a societal ( cultural) group such as Jews or Blacks , etc. It just involves short men.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 200
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/7/2010 9:21:28 PM

I have said it before; These women already have a negative attitude impanted in their subconcious by mass media. PROOF: They never say they will NOT date a tall guy because of some bad experience..... & COME ON !!! You NEVER had an abusive, or controlling or arrogant tall guy??? GET REAL!!! But there you are continuing to go for tall guys & trash all short guy, deciding to not date them due to a couple bad experiences. The postings of the women only confirm how brainwashed by the popular culture they are to idolize tall men.

Dude, you can't win this argument - the women and tall men go for the kill immediately - they are nasty and mean on top of it - why sink to their level - if the women on here think that Tall is better let them - this thinking all started in the 1970's - Women don't want losers and Short Men or whatever and they think this way by conditioning over the years - so be it - like I said I'll keep looking for a woman who doesn't have this problem.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men