Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 201
short women/tall menPage 9 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
^^^^ I'm not tall and I still think you're a whiny loser.

Care to explain that? ;)

You're no better than the women who complain about being fat.

Sure, they can lose the weight and men can't get taller, but the trade off is that men are judged on things other than the physical. The more money you make, the more eloquently you speak, the better educated you are, the more people you know... these things all contribute to male attractiveness.

Instead of having a positive attitude and improving yourself as a person, though... you're boo hooing to Santa Clause because none of the other elf girls will date you right now.

Grow a pair.

-8sf8
 Taztiger72
Msg: 202
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/7/2010 11:02:25 PM

Sure, they can lose the weight and men can't get taller, but the trade off is that men are judged on things other than the physical. The more money you make, the more eloquently you speak, the better educated you are, the more people you know... these things all contribute to male attractiveness.

I have a pair - I know I ain't wanted by 90% of women and I am judged 100% on my height - I still have 10% to work with - you tall guys haven't brainwashed them yet....
 chuckyB51
Msg: 203
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 12:59:50 AM

It is interesting that you brought up money. I was recently reading an article about shorter men dating and a dating expert was quoted in the article as saying, "The taller your wallet is to stand on the more women you will get."
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 204
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:41:04 AM

It is interesting that you brought up money. I was recently reading an article about shorter men dating and a dating expert was quoted in the article as saying, "The taller your wallet is to stand on the more women you will get."

::nods::

That's the tradeoff.

Women arguably have it easier becaues the more attractive a woman is, the more dating cred she has. USUALLY all that takes is working out a lot. It doesn't cost a woman anything more than her time.

HOWEVER, some women are just ugly - now way to fix it. Those women are screwed.

As men, we have the opportunity to be attractive, AND wealthy, AND successful, AND notable. Just like women are more diverse in what they are attracted to, men have more ways to be attractive.

It allows us to diversify a bit.

I don't think either gender really has it better than the other. It's just different for both. And arguably, us guys have it better because we can get better looking with age. Most women look like chit past 35.

-8sf8
 wellyborn
Msg: 205
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:55:08 AM
My ex was 4 feet 11 inches and I'm 6 feet 4 inches, we never had a problem with anything, except her mid-life crisis.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 206
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 11:49:00 AM
Short petite gals are AWESOME...shorter the better like 5'1 sweeeeeeeeet! love em, big self conscious women not so much
 Praetorian55
Msg: 207
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:07:37 PM

Again, if I met an actual confident shorter man who did not make it his mission to change the way I dressed, Id perhaps consider dating him, just has never happened.

b_e_w

You're a beautiful woman ...it's a must that a man be confident with you and most other women. Take someone like Tom Cruise...he's a short guy but he's not lacking in confidence because ...he's Tom Cruise.

I'd never tell a woman what shoes to wear. But what can you do when man reduces himself to a manlet psychologically as well?
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 208
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 3:00:03 PM
^^^ b.e.w , the belief that most short guys mind their girlfriend wearing heels does not ring true. There is numerous threads in the forums for which short guys declare they do not mind. You are 5'8" so what is short to you? Did you really date a guy shorter than you & thus a true short guy. Keep in mind the North American avg. height guy is 5'9", so short is like below 5'7". I do not believe you TRUELY think short men, as a whole, will mind you wearing heels. THAT sounds like a very flimsy excuse to just dismiss any short guy. I gather there is many character flaws ( as we all have some) you can find in tall guys to dismiss dating them ... BUT I am sure you are NOT & quite likely checking out the tall guys. Don't think us guys don't notice the type of guys women check out & who they dismiss ...... it is not really that subtle. Very obvious were the priorities & "preferences" ( more like, requirements) are.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 209
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 3:15:48 PM
It's as simple as this in North America

Avg male height = roughly 5'9
Avg female height = roughly 5'4

So a woman that is 5'8 should have a male counterpart that is roughly 4 inches above avg.

Come'on on now...we all know some of y'all ladies like to play a little rough at night. If a guy tries to lift you up and struggles
or winces...he's probably too small for you.

The Caveman in us has to have the right Cavewoman.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 210
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 4:10:05 PM
I think some people think way to much about this...i'm 5'9, and to be honest, if SHE has a problem with my height and doesn't wanna date me...then she's doing me a favour cuz she's clearly not the person I thought she was...ergo I wouldn't want to waste my time with someone like that, who might think i'm like a backup...and they are just with me until they can trade up.

That must be how fat people feel too.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 211
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 4:48:36 PM
What the short whiny guys have never answered is why should a woman change her preference? Does't matter why she has the preference. You haven't provided a reason why she should change other than for your own self-serving reasons (you want a bigger dating pool). So she could/would date you? Hardly.

Well, you want the answer - the answer is there are not and not going to be very men over 6'0" on any website - very few because they are picked up already in the Real World. And you have no right saying there are no Real Men left - just because he doesn't fit your height requirement blaming us for being under 6'0" Tall which this is not a Fantasy Land - and no men under 5'9" are not Midgets (a derogatory remark for a Dwarf), Dwarfs, or whatever - Dwarfism is a genetic disorder and Dwarfs are protected by laws and they are and do have their own dating sites which no one over 4'11" are allowed to join.

And the dating pool - would be more realistic not a crazed idealistic looking for a needle in a haystack with a whopping 14.9% and everyone wants - and the Mantra - I'll sit out for eternity as long as I get the Tall Guy!

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/dating-advice-7-mistakes-single-women-make-580573/

Some people have made some good comments - but I still think POF needs to put a real Height Filter in the Who Can Message You function - you can block age, sex, race - how about height?
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 212
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 4:53:27 PM
Cynthia gotta play devils advocate here for a minute hehe....someone said something like 12-14% of the male population is 6' or over....so some women are gonna be S.O.L on finding a tall guy hehe...just like something like 60% of the population is overweight/obese...so guys wanting not fat women will have to fight over the "resources"
 Hopefull1964
Msg: 213
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 4:55:54 PM
^^^ LOOK .... there is already threads you do not want to accept by atleast a couple of posters stating seeing stats that although male height is 5'9" that does not mean half the male pop. is that or taller. Stats indicate that aprox. 12% of male pop. is 5'10"+. AND how many of those men at any given time are straight, single & avail. Thus it comes as no surprise that there IS WHINNY WOMEN that they cannot find a decent man !! OF COURSE they know all their gender understand that to mean without having to say " lack of men 5'10". As further readings of different topics reveals there is NO lack of short , single men on this site. They are just not in the consideration for dating. THUS over the years I see the same chronically single women chasing after the small supply of tall men. Fine. If that is not a good reason to adjust your criteria, then keep at it with the same conundrum.

NOTICE: when the women on other topics in forums say there is lack of " decent men" , their words not mine, they make no consideration for dating short guys. Some express their refusal , often with some flimsy excuse of "a bad experience I once had." NOT like they EVER have a bad experience with a tall man in their whole life!

\/\/\/ .. YOU need to re-read. It is your sex that is on other topics whinning that they cannot find any " decent men". I read some of those topis & all those women " prefer" tall ...... sounds like " require to me since will not consider anyone other than tall. No shortage of short single men to date. BUT they are right there IS shortage of tall men who are legit around here. READ the topic about all the married men & players. I have & find these women who are upset for getting in such situations from dating guys on P.O.F ALSO only date tall guys. Well ... good luck to them.
P.S. I am NOT trying to nor care to date off this site.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 214
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:01:46 PM

^^^ LOOK .... there is already threads you do not want to accept by atleast a couple of posters stating seeing stats that although male height is 5'9" that does not mean half the male pop. is that or taller. Stats indicate that aprox. 12% of male pop. is 5'10"+. AND how many of those men at any given time are straight, single & avail. Thus it comes as no surprise that there IS WHINNY WOMEN that they cannot find a decent man !! OF COURSE they know all their gender understand that to mean without having to say " lack of men 5'10". As further readings of different topics reveals there is NO lack of short , single men on this site. They are just not in the consideration for dating. THUS over the years I see the same chronically single women chasing after the small supply of tall men. Fine. If that is not a good reason to adjust your criteria, then keep at it with the same conundrum.

FFS. Now you are trying to say that "decent" is based on height? This just keeps reaching farther and farther into the depths of desperation to blame someone for your own plight. Yet again, it's not your height that's the problem. Your posting history is likely more damaging than your inches from the bottom of your feet to the top of your head.
 Praetorian55
Msg: 215
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:03:12 PM
The phenomenon primarily exists online.

It is here where there's an endless stream of men to "seemingly" choose from and thus women make think "why not have what I want"

But we know the drill. Getting the guy/gal is a lot easier than "keeping" the guy/gal.

How many times have we heard on TV "When's George Clooney going to settle down?"

Ummmmmmmmm. How about NEVER. The only thing better than a woman...is a new woman. The only leverage a woman really
has on a eligible bachelor is if she finds one who wants a family.

Men, at large, are cool with casual sex. Yeah we all tell ourselves we should "settle down" but we all miss the chase. Chasing women brings the "thrill of victory or the agony of defeat"

So really what incentive do highly desirable men (Tall Dark and Handsome) have to "settle down"? I guess that varies.
 glamazon girl
Msg: 216
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 5:05:04 PM
b.e.w. makes a good point. When I began online dating, I would get emails questioning my height, would I date a guy shorter then me, etc. I have dated guys shorter then myself. My ex was 2 inches shorter then me before I put on my shoes. I never paid attention to the difference unless I saw a picture of us standing together. He was a confident person.

When I have done some first meetings with shorter guys, I always get the same reactions, "Wow, you really are tall." "Do you always wear heels?" "Should I stand on the curb or a step higher then you?" I can't tell you how incredibly frustrating that is. I'm fully aware of their height when I meet them (assuming they haven't lied). Obviously that means I'm ok with being an inch or two taller or more with shoes. I will wear flats if I want to wear them. I will wear heels as well. If that impacts your feelings of masculinity in a negative way, that is your problem, not mine. If you constantly harp on it - date over. I like a guy I can see eye level with and prefer not to date someone more then a couple of inches shorter. Taller is not mandatory but confidence, intelligence and personality is.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 217
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 11:09:19 PM
Last time I checked 5'9 was avg, and 5'8.5 was avg in Canada.

I'm not whining but I do like discussing things, and stirring sh!t up lol, which is why i'm commenting on here.

Cynthia: i've NEVER EVER had good endings/happenings with redheaded women, doesn't mean i'll swear them off, but they are definitely getting more scrutinized, so I in a way agree with what you are saying. I can't comment on dating taller, as i've never met/dated a woman taller then myself (it could happen) I think the tallest i've ever been with was 5'7...to be honest I never gave a crap...probably cuz a) just the way I am...and b) i'm a big fella anyways so it would never look like i'm being dwarfed.

To play devils advocate again, I can honestly say I tend to be more attracted to short women (my ex was 5'1 AWESOME HEIGHT for a gf) and like many women find short men undesirable, and they want tall guys, I generally find short women more desirable then tall women. Which is funny because all the short women i've dated always complain and wish they were taller themselves...i'm like NOOOO you're hot all teeny tiny.

Might be the way I was raised, but being big and or tall was always seen as manly where i'm from so its just difficult for me I guess to wrap my head around that...I SOOOOO know I will catch flak from tall women on this topic...and thats fine...just like women getting flak from the few short obsessive guys on here, i'll let it roll off my back.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 218
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/8/2010 11:49:32 PM

i've NEVER EVER had good endings/happenings with redheaded women,

Ha! I've had a lot of success with Redheads! My preference is Brunette or Black Hair, but I have dated Blondes too and for some reason it's the Blondes who had an issue with my height! HA HA!

And if 12% of the Population was under 6'0" they would be protected by law - that's far from the case men under 5'3" to 4'11" are less about as many men as that there 6'0" to 6'5" 14.9% the majority of men are 5'4" to 5'11" sorry. Me thinks that someone is playing games - duh!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

I have a lot of English Blood running through me - and even in England in 100 years it went from 5'5" to 5'8" so it depends on where your ancestors are from - the more open land the Taller the men came from - Like Norway where the height is 5'11.5" NOBODY HARDLY LIVES THERE!
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 219
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/9/2010 1:20:45 AM

men under 5'3" to 4'11" are less about as many men as that there 6'0" to 6'5" 14.9% the majority of men are 5'4" to 5'11" sorry. Me thinks that someone is playing games - duh!

In English?

That's what I was wondering too.

Totally agree about the scarce resource, I never said it should change what women look for, I just said clearly some women are going to be S.O.L, in that they might not find said tall man of their dreams. Which is why I was comparing that to the % of overweight/obese women in the world, for men's situation...in that they generally do not seek overweight/obese women...but majority of them are.

Just because something is rare doesn't make people stop looking for it, I just hope women in general (no finger pointing) if they had to choose between a azzhole loser abuser 6'1 guy, vs a 5'6 twin but one who had the qualities they looked for...they wouldn't put up with the jackazz's BS simply because he's tall, which I doubt many would. I think in the end THAT (substance, personality, attitude, etc) trumps height (not all looks but simply height)
 blue450
Msg: 220
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/9/2010 11:23:46 AM
...the only problem with a short woman for me is I'm 6'1" and some positions aren't as satisfying as with a taller woman...i'e Long Legs!!
 Sunsation1
Msg: 221
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/10/2010 8:51:58 PM
I don't discriminate against small, petite women, I treat them the same as any other woman..the right way.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 222
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/10/2010 9:27:14 PM

tall guys are much more appealing personality-wise than the short guys

Right, you know Ted Bundy had a lot of More Appealing Personality - look what 28 women got with him and he's in the Magic 6'0" Man range which Society gave him automatic respect, and power over women who are naive to think just Height makes a man...

azzhole loser abuser 5'6" guy as picking a decent taller guy

As you quote - you are actually highly biased against shorter men - it's not a secret - you can't fool anyone.

Incidentally, that dwarf guy on tv somehow found a mate

Yes, he did and you know what - Dwarfs have protection under the law and they can have their own dating sites too = which they do!

insensitive comments about dwarf women on another thread...but anyone who comments on their height is a heightist...pffft ...LOL

Sorry Dwarfs are legally called Dwarfs and suffer from Dwarfism - any man or woman under 4'11" is legally a Dwarf in USA, CANADA, UK most of the civilized world.

Dwarf women are their own class and are not Petite Women (4'11" to 5'2") and some of them want the same 6'0" man you want - sorry.

iserlorn
Msg: 223
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/10/2010 10:54:13 PM
Height doesn't matter when it comes to women. There are guys who love short women, think that they are cute and such. Two of my aunts got married to tall husbands.
 iserlorn
Msg: 224
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/10/2010 10:55:08 PM
Sorry for double post ... and they are very short, even shorter than me.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 225
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 2/10/2010 10:55:10 PM
Superficial women who receive their femininity from dating taller guys make me laugh.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men