Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm not attracted to women my age.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 27
I'm not attracted to women my age.Page 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

We all are too picky and all this pickiness has brought us here because we can't seem to be satisfied.

Speak for yourself.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 28
I'm not attracted to women my age.
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:42:47 PM
^^^^^I think you're right in theory. The problem is, what one finds humorous another might not, etc.,etc.,etc. There was a time in my life when I was not as "picky" as I am today ~ and the end result was a situation was always coming to an end. Unless you know what you want, exactly, and are willing to wait for it ~ chances are you'll settle for today and be alone tomorrow. I'd rather just sit it out and wait for the man that fits what I'm looking for. I don't want to go through any more break-ups of relationships that should not have happened in the first place. I guess the short of it: I am not willing to settle at this point in my life. JMO!!!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:47:13 PM
I am not TOO picky. I am likely not picky enough.....
 who_the_fox
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:47:52 PM

average North American puts on 1lb extra every year between the ages of 25-50. So by 50yrs old the average person is at least 25lbs over weight

Actually, the average North American is overweight from puberty on.

btw: some of us are NOT average.
 sayonara7
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:00:06 PM
Okay is it a conspiracy or something????Seriously, what's up with the "I'm not attracted to women my age" and "I'm not attracted to men my age" threads???

Are both the OPs of the 2 threads lovers from their previous life, that's why you'll are questioning the same thing.

Maybe this is a match made in heaven, get together you guys!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:11:33 PM
Nah...I just got sick and tired of reading constant threads bashing women over 35. There has never been one (well, in the past year) about how men go to seed too. I thought it was high time there WAS one.
 tick tock
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2006 2:47:54 AM

Nah...I just got sick and tired of reading constant threads bashing women over 35. There has never been one (well, in the past year) about how men go to seed too. I thought it was high time there WAS one.

Would have been much more effective if a hot chick actually started that thread.
 tick tock
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2006 3:09:28 AM
^ Sooooo.... the message I'm getting is that you had a daughter when you were 15.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to your post below (reached the 2 post limit)
Hmmm... I may need to brush up on my math, but your profile says that you're 38. That's OK, I can respect anyone who likes the Oil and reads Shakespeare's sonnets...you should try Milton.

justmeinnc05
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/10/2006 8:02:08 AM
im totally looking forward to turning 50. im gonna be the cranky old guy that sits on my porch and screams at the kids across the street to keep off my lawn and call the town office every 25 min to complain about WHATEVER is on my mind at that moment

I remember being 22, and thought some of the same things you do now. I will be 50 next March, and am no where ready to be the crankly old lady that sits on my porch screaming at kids, or calling anyone to complain about anything.

Trust me when you get to be my age, you will see yourself in a totally different way than you think you will now at the ripe "old age" of 22.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/10/2006 10:34:00 AM
I doubt that it has as much to do with men NOT agreeing with the OP of this thread and a lot more to do with men over 35 having a serious issue with being put in the same cateogory as women over 35.

While the women posting to this thread do not feel the need to crucify the OP, the men posting to the parody have been flaming, insulting, slamming and slandering me for 30 pages.

It has been a most interesting sociological experiment.
 867love
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/15/2007 12:18:33 PM
I love being in my 40s, i think women in my age group are great! (I certainly don't have time for a whiney high maintenance little girls) -i want a woman...
i'm intrigued by the middle aged hotties out there, free spirited -seems as they are living a second childhood (with all the experiences) she'll be there to take charge, captivate my attention and rarely say no to anything that sounds adventurous...
 sddude
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/15/2007 2:40:51 PM
there is an 18 year old that follows me around all day she is a 9.5 on sexy or not , you want her ? She is not my type . she is too cute.
 charliemcsd
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2007 6:04:28 AM

I don't think you're looking very closely....I have found the contrary to be true.

Joy, I agree with you 100%. I am 52, and see dozens and dozens, if not 100s and 100s or really nice looking, attractive and really in-shape women in the age range of 48 to 55. I dont know what this poster is looking at, for women ages 38....
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:36:09 AM

It's not that I have something against women my age because I think Nicole Kidman, Salma Hayek, Rachel Ray are all really beautiful and they're my age, (give or take a year,) but it's difficult finding someone who has it going when you get to my age. Am I just being too picky or what?

I am guessing you look like Brad Pitt, George Clooney, or Keanu Reeves, all who are around your age and really beautiful too.

I'm guessing that's why you don't have a photo posted...because looking like Brad Pitt is surely going to have tons of horny, overweight, 38 year old women chasing you.

ETA: I know the OG post is old, but so many guys here say the same crap!!!
 tick tock
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2007 10:41:56 AM
The thing I find amusing about this thread is the way some women jump all over the OP for stating his preference. I've seen older women start similar threads and no one rams it down their throats. How typical.
 sun_shine_2008
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2007 3:04:32 PM
Well I dont know where you are looking but I have to disagree I have seen plenty of women your age and older that are very attractive and take care of themselves.
 mepalmer
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/31/2007 12:18:17 AM
Maybe you should widen your search criteria a bit.
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/31/2007 12:38:58 AM
Interesting. I have a friend who dates women in their early 20's. He is 38. The relationships ultimately fail because they have nothing in common. I personally find that I improve with age. I look and feel better now than I did when I was ten years younger. and way better than h.s. lol. People actually think I am ten years younger then I am.
 * L *
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 12:56:25 AM
I have had lots of (lunch) dates on here with women over 38
and they are awesome, sexy,vibrant, fun, creative, talented and beautiful!

guess its pefect lil gerber men like you OP that makes them prefer to have lunch with women like me !

(fantasizing again 44?)
 scorpiomover
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2007 8:35:19 AM
Why would a good-looking woman go on a dating site?
The young ones only go here because they don't mind that most guys here are looking for sex.

Look around at more women in the street. If they look good in the street, approach them. You don't need to meet women in bars. They're everywhere. Yes, a lot of women don't want you to approach them while they are at work, or just walking by. But guess what? It's just as hard to date someone off this site. You need to approach more women via email here than to approach women personally IRL, and you need to talk a lot more before you get a date here, than you need to IRL.

Just my $0.02
 Cynderella
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2007 12:42:45 PM
Now what are old ladies like me to think---spinster
 tick tock
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2007 12:07:46 AM
Funny how sensitive many women get when this topic is brought up, yet they remain hypocritically silent or even take part in the plethora of posts/threads regarding women not liking men of their own age group. Apparently, some women think mirrors are only for men.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm not attracted to women my age.