Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm not attracted to women my age.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cometchc
Msg: 76
I'm not attracted to women my age.Page 4 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Don't you mean raisins?
:-X
 blaqquesylk
Msg: 77
I'm not attracted to women my age.
Posted: 9/5/2007 12:51:33 PM
That was a great reply indigo rose. I am 46 and no way do I feel like i'm ready for the retirement home. I find that when a person puts someone else down, they're just a tab bit insecure about themselves.
 blaqquesylk
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/5/2007 12:55:40 PM
Ok so you find the perfect woman for you. After she turns 40 are u gonna discard her and start over again? How would you feel when you're 40 and a woman says she doesn't wanna be with you because of your age. Whatcha gonna do then????????
 Cometchc
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/5/2007 12:57:05 PM
Right on blaqquesylk!!!
 shyblondee
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:34:46 PM
Uh, Baronchris, do you have a mirror in your home? Seriously. Take a loooong, hard look at yourself before you start complaining about women in your age group. {baffling, really....}
 NatGoat
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:45:08 PM
' Age is Irrelevant ! '
{- 7/9 -STV}
I have no problem with age, at all . . Attraction , Maturity and Chemistry are the deciding factors for Me . . !
 tmotts
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:52:19 PM
The thirties, for me, was a time that I was concentrating on raising my kids. Not until my late thirties to early forties did I start focusing more on myself again. There are a lot of woman in their late 30's and 40's that look and feel amazing.

You just may be stuck on that Hollywood look. The average woman does not have the time and money to look like a Hollywood star. Their beauty is going to be more natural, you just may not be attracted to that.

I guess than, you should date younger women. But I think a man has to be very secure to do that. You will always feel that she may leave you some day for a man closer to her age once the newness wears off.
 EC22
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:52:44 PM
Many years ago, I might have agreed with the OP. But not today. Of course there are attractive women in their 20s and early 30s that I would consider dating. However I tend to be more attracted to women between the ages of 35 and 45. IMO they often have the best combination of beauty, wisdom, maturity, and sexual experience. There are some women in their late 40s and early 50s that are still decent looking or better. I had a short term relationship with a 48 yr old woman when I was 29. She had a nice personality, moderately attractive, shared some mutual interests etc, but we had different long term goals.

Of course, there are some unattractive women between the ages of 35-45, but that could be said for any age group. Yes there are some women between the ages of 35-45 that are less attractive now than they were 10-15 yrs ago. Yet there are some other women in that age range who maintained their looks or are actually more attractive now then when they were younger.
 Cometchc
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:53:50 PM

Then to some degree men are at an advangage ~ A well kept man can look distingused and considered handsome ~ but it's a different admiration, not one of lust ~ no young hottie is wanting to jump your bones ~ But many will enjoy just the power that is drawn from you presence.

Yes, I date young women, that's a 43 to 45 and up range ~ Simple math confirms this.
I don't dated them because they are young ~ I dated them because I like them and we are comfortable and enjoy each other. But I don't seek out young women.

Soooooo... you don't have sex with the young hotties you date? And by young hottie do you mean the 43-45 year olds... or did you mean younger than that?

Also... I think some young men enjoy the "POWER" an older woman can exude as well... so
 Cometchc
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/5/2007 1:56:15 PM

Of course, there are some unattractive women between the ages of 35-45, but that could be said for any age group.

Well thank the frickin' Maker!!! Someone finally said it well!!!!!!
 Naughtical
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:16:33 PM
Dang it........I was gonna write something here but I forgot what it was. Now the nurse is here with my geritol and she says it's time for my nap. Will be back. Want to ask that ol' geezer feller 'bout his money........if I remember.
 dpd22
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:31:49 PM
I don't agree with the OP. Yet he is entitled to his viewpoint. Just like some women in their late 30s or early 40s prefer men that are in their 20s or early 30s. Personally I would date younger women ( early to mid 20s ), women around my age ( late 20s and early 30s ), and older women ( mid to late 30s ). I think there are attractive women from all of these all groups. I also think there are some attractive women in their 40s and early 50s. However I probably wouldn't have a long term relationship with a woman that is more than 10 yrs older than me. Like a few other men have stated here, a woman over 40 would probably have different long term plans and goals than I would.
 OneBeachlvr
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:50:19 PM
You are obviously looking for younger women. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that but your frustration seems to indicate you're not having any luck with the ones you wish to date. Judging from your post, I'm guessing you could hold your own against Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise or Johnny Depp any day. If so, it's strange that you don't have a picture. Men don't like to hear that they're fishing out of their league but sometimes it's true. When you're mainly considering physical attractiveness, you'd better have it to offer in return.

BTW, there are tons of gorgeous women on here, your age and older. Oh, but how would you know? I almost didn't respond because this is a really old post but you still restrict any over your own age so I'm guess you still don't get it.
 Naughtical
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/5/2007 3:28:15 PM
Edit: I made a mistake and I owe an apology to the one I made it about, if she saw it she knows who she is.

Thanks to Aligirl for pointing it out to me.
 grizzelda
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2007 3:42:56 PM
^^^^^^^ THere is a poster named NAT GOAT that posted in this thread. She is not directing that at you.

To the guy that said men age better...News Flash...we were just being nice to you!

I have to say that in my age bracket it seems tobe very hard to find a male that doesnt look like he is in his 5th trimester let alone have any sense of style. I also think that with some men their personal hygiene knowledge actually start to go backwards prett much at 35. I personally dont have a long list of what I am looking for in a man physically, but I do draw the line at a man that is 40 making my Dad look good. I do have to say that I sometimes wish I possessed the confidence/delusion that some men seem to possess.
 SueCat51
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2007 3:46:24 PM
Don't you just love it when someone has the balls to say how "unattractive" others are, and yet these same folks don't have their picture on POF? I get more amusement out of postings such as this. It makes me wonder if OP is really 38? Could he be Mr. Slim Jim or Mr. Six Pack Abs, have a full head of hair, and posed in GQ lately, yet he's afraid to post his "mug" on here for fear the dames will come knocking down his door?

Another generalization beats the dust. OP - I could say the same thing for some of the men over 40, but I won't go there. Some have it and some don't. So what's your point? If you aren't attracted to what's out there, then sit in your rocking chair and take up knitting. I'm afraid that Nicole Kidman and Rachel Ray are happily taken. That leaves Salma Hayek, but you probably can't afford her.
 brock11
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/6/2007 8:39:41 AM
Some people think a woman is 'past her peak' when she 35 or 40. That could have been true 40 or 50 years ago. But today, people are living longer and are able to maintain or improve their looks for a longer period of time because of reasons I mentioned on msg 181. 40 is often called the 'new' 30. I think it would be more accurate to state that many ( not all ) women are past their peak when they reach 50 or 55. I know a couple of women around 50 yrs old that live near me. One is 49 and the other is 53. I saw some pictures of them from 10-15 years ago. They were more attractive back then, but they are still decent looking today. I know a couple of women co-workers that are around 40 yrs old . One is 38 and the other is 41. I also saw pictures of both of them from about 8-10 yrs ago. The 38 yr old wasn't that attractive 10 yrs ago, but she worked out, improved her diet and became much better looking. The 41 yr old was attractive 10 yrs ago and was able to maintain her looks.
 NatGoat
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/6/2007 12:43:57 PM
Maybe you haven't met any AttractIVE women, your age . . !!!
I'd J U M P at the chance to date Jane Fonda . . !!!
{NO...not for her Money !! . .
Because she's Still Very Attractive . . - at 70- !!! }
 lindy67
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 12:01:01 AM
what a cheek lol
wheres your pic so we can judge you?
strange thing is i find younger men more complimentary of women my age and more appreciative of our mature outlook!
men at your age are hitting the midlife crisis and excepting you're older is harder so you try to be younger by pulling a young girl where they're on same level as you in maturity lol
anyway i'll await your super stud picture going up with keen interest ... it better be good lol

love old bird
 betterlate
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 12:16:50 AM
You are mentioning movie stars!!! if you look like Brad P, or Mel G, then ok... but if you are an average guy, then not only are you totally superficial, delusional and not picky.... just living in some fantasy world, even Nicole, Salma and Rachel dont always look great, they are airbrushed, made up, pinned up, and have access to the best of the best. the photographers, lighting, hairstylists, makeup artists all work hard as a team to present this "image" that most of the world dont have the time or money to maintain. Yes it is important to take care of yourself, eat right and exercise.

I bet that if you were to go out with a woman that was in the "superstar" league, you would soon be disgusted with the self absorbtion, and the all about me attitude of most of these high maintenance women.. Also, think of this...unless it is natural beauty, why is this woman dressing up, making up and looking totally top drawer? Is she not comfortable with the way she looks unless she is all dressed up? Another thing is... a person, male or female can get fake teeth, lasik eye surgery, nose jobs, face lifts, breast enlargments, liposuction, hair transplants and many other surgical alterations so that they could have been average at one point and now are stunning, yet inside they still feel that they are less that beautiful and may require constant compliments from her/his date, that gets very dull very fast!!

If you are lucky enough to find a woman that you get along with, find intelligent, funny and likes you, it could be a matter of motivation to get her in shape, walking, hiking, eating healthy and happiness and falling in love can make a person lose weight and look years younger and prettier.

This society has changed and we all drive more than we walk, stress can send our bodies into a state where it stores fat (not knowing what is causing the stress) fast/junk food is poison, and even regualar food has little nutrition causing the body to send messages to the brain..."I am hungry" because it needs something it is not getting from the food available to most people. Fat, salt, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and fillers are used to make basically garbage taste better, advertisers show images that appeal to our hunger centers, over and over and over again until our brains just crave what they are selling. They spend billions every year to find out how they can sell us their stuff and put less into it and charge us more. Now, you may know all of this and have never had a hormone imbalance or given birth to a child (really screws up the hormones) and look like a movie star, a great personality and are smart enough to know that what a person looks like is important for about ten minutes untill you get to know who they are. After that time period you see them, not the package... so even if they look like a star, if they are stupid, witchy, or arrogant, looking to use you or selfish, the good looks fade fast and the opposite is true, if a person is not that stunning and you start talking to them and find that they are witty, funny, happy and lovely, your mind/brain begins to see the beauty from within and the exterior falls away to the degree that you cant see the faults. I truly wish you the very best and hope that you will stop comparing people to artificial images where ten people have worked hard to hide any imperfections so they can sell you or someone something they dont need but think that if they buy it, they will look like that image of perfection. there are people out there that are pretty good at photoshop and can make a black and white photo into a color photo and can make changes on a photo adding hair, or enhance eye color, making white teeth, erasing things... so dont be fooled....

Good luck!!
BL
 Sydney_Paige
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/8/2007 12:26:38 AM
Hi!

Honestly, I believe everyone has their own road and their own lessons to learn. If you seriously not attracted-then you just aren't. To be honest-it doesn't bother me at all. If you don't want to come to my party-I just won't invite you in the first place! LOL!

Seriously-it's good if you know who you are. This will save women who ARE your own age from having to go through "trying" to have a relationship with someone who doesn't want to. Most intelligent and confident women are not going to even attempt it. It's not sexy.

I just turned 42 last month and I "feel" pretty good to ME! I have NO idea what 42 is supposed to "mean" to men who don't like women my age. I feel that I am looking better than I ever have and very much looking forward to the future. For the boys that don't like chicks our age-it's great that you know it and get off the road so there is more room for the boys that DO!!

Luck to you!
Peace,
 LaughingBlueEyes
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/9/2007 12:38:05 PM
What a truly depressing thread. I think I'll just go to bed, pull the blankets over my head and expire.

No.....wait......what's this? An IM from a 40 year-old? Could be interesting....

It's so not the number of years you have lived your life. It's how you are living your live right now that counts. I choose to live it youthfully.
 Cutepid
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2007 9:25:49 AM
I think anyone only needs to do one thing....follow your heart..because long after you've both aged...it's the love that binds both of you together that will really matter..whether it's an older or younger person....male or female you attracted to..if they are in turn attracted to you..and in turn ..in love with you..that's what matters..the heart
 extrememale2004
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/21/2007 10:57:36 PM
There have been some nice points on this forums. I believe sometimes when it comes getting to know someone sometimes we can't find what we are looking for because we might not know how to relate to a person we are wanting to get to know. It is like in business those who have sold the most in what they are selling know how to relate most of the time to the person they are selling the item to. Some women in my age group sometimes can't relate to me because of experiences I been through that some have never been through. Connecting is everything but places I go it is ususally the women who are older than me who tell me hi and ask me how I am doing and I have been all over the world and overseas and that is interesting to me sometimes. There are great women in my age group in my area but some dont want to connect with me sometimes because of fear and there are great women older than me but sometimes might not have somethings in common so I just sit back and go back to the drawing board to improve daily on connecting and relating to whatever the women the Lord has for me.
 extrememale2004
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/21/2007 11:20:43 PM
regalrose you make a good point and never really thought about that. Thanks for the insight. I know lately on here some women I have contacted on here tell me that I am a great guy and that is how far it goes. Granted I have flaws and in my life I mostly dated women with kids. I work out and things like that to get my body where it used to be. I know on yahoo 360 the people who read my blogs are mostly women who are in the age range of 25 to 45. Thanks for the insight.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm not attracted to women my age.