Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm not attracted to women my age.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mthomjmark
Msg: 126
I'm not attracted to women my age.Page 6 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

wow such irgirant statements I guess I can blame most you since your brain washed like most Americans with magazines and movies. I am 30 and not overweight and like to act silly and have fun like I am 20 but because I am 30 its good clean fun and I know how to conduct myself. I am not saying all younger ppl dont but I know how I was when I was 20 and I was free spirited to a fault.

I agree totally with you;
 Challenge
Msg: 127
I'm attracted to women my age....younger or older
Posted: 5/13/2008 4:02:30 PM
The concept of generalizing to such a degree about women or men of any age is rather uninformed.....

Women can be beautiful at any age......it all depends of course.....on how the chemistry plays out.......attraction is a constantly shifting paradigm.....

I attempt to take care of myself in various ways.....whether it be physically... by trying to stay in reasonable shape.........intellectual stimulation to keep the mind fresh and active...and of course spiritually...by taking an introspective approach and appreciating what life has to offer......

I would expect nothing less from my partner to be..........

Unless of course...... she was really young and hot.
 clasact
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2008 5:05:13 PM

The concept of generalizing to such a degree about women or men of any age is rather uninformed.....Women can be beautiful at any age......it all depends of course.....on how the chemistry plays out.......attraction is a constantly shifting paradigm..... I attempt to take care of myself in various ways.....whether it be physically... by trying to stay in reasonable shape.........intellectual stimulation to keep the mind fresh and active...and of course spiritually...by taking an introspective approach and appreciating what life has to offer......I would expect nothing less from my partner to be..........

Unless of course...... she was really young and hot.
Ya know, *challenge*, you had it pretty much in the proverbial "bag" there...... upto and until you shot yourself in the "foot" with that last line. You just _had_ to slip that one in there didn't you? You do that a lot?~tilts head~

It's not that I have something against women my age because I think Nicole Kidman, Salma Hayek, Rachel Ray are all really beautiful and they're my age, (give or take a year,) but it's difficult finding someone who has it going when you get to my age. Am I just being too picky or what?
This is just too funny. Priceless, as a matter of fact.
 good_catch77
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/15/2008 5:20:01 PM
First the thread is 2 years old I sort of doubt the op cares if we bash him or not.

But I keep my age range open because there are general statements about every age group that are true but there are also "diamonds in the rough" So I do that to make sure I don't single out a wonderful partner just basing it on age.

Best of luck to everyone
 Sharzi
Msg: 130
I'm not attracted to women my age.
Posted: 5/15/2008 10:08:47 PM
So OP... what do you look like? Do you have a kick ass body... no midriff bulge? No pot belly? Are you always stylish and well put together?

What I've found is that most men who are looking for perfection in women are rarely perfect themselves.

We all like what we like, but fact is, at your age OP, most women are running themselves ragged by doing a juggling act between being super mom, working hard, taking care of the house, etc, and they may not have the time or energy that women my age or much younger might have to take a little more care of themselves. I guess it would take a man who is understanding about *her* reality to look beyond a woman's shell and straight into her heart.

Sharzi
 WeAre1
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2008 5:42:26 AM
when i was young, i was attracted to older men for they seemed more attractive to me.

but in the last 5 years or so (am 50), i started really appreciating men close to my age because it seemed we naturally had the most in common, having grown up in the same time in history in many ways with the same influences having affected our lives and our outlook.

and i see so many women and men that are just beautiful this age....perhaps because they have accepted themselves and learned to love and take care of themselves by now.....so maybe you just need to wait a few years, op! (and in fact, it has been a few years since he started this thread, so i'm hoping he did find someone he could connect with on all levels since then.)
 extrememale2004
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/21/2008 7:58:28 PM
From what I see in my own life most of the women I wanted to date who were in my age range always found something about me to trip about. Lately the main thing some have been tripping about is my race and I cant help the tone color that I came out of my moms womb. Never had a problem with women older than me. I find it sometimes that some can't handle someone who is smarter than them and someone like me who loves life. Never had a problem about my race with older women I mean what more can a person do.
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/21/2008 9:20:41 PM
I'm not attracted to women my age either...they have what I don't want,

just as angelab said at the beginning...."Well, most women in their mid to late 30s have kids...."
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/21/2008 9:46:20 PM
bacalao I'm having a chuckle about what you said. I have a friend who looks a lot like you, he's a blue collar worker with no money and he has a 25 year old girlfriend.

You might need a motorcycle and an earring.
 sin2gether2
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/23/2008 1:35:44 PM
I wouldn't call it picky. I'd call it gimpy. Love your pic by the way.
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/24/2008 4:46:41 AM
Sorry athlete1954 you look like death warmed over....better start looking a little harder at those women in their 40s and 50s.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 137
Posted: 5/24/2008 5:11:29 AM
Lots of people say they look younger when in fact they just can't accept their age -- I find them arrogant and delusional -- not youthful.
 Stan Powder
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2008 9:39:11 AM
I'm not attracted to women over 30 because they stop trying, and lower their expectations in fear of others looking at their guy. Plus much younger girls still aproach me and prefer quality over quantity, so i'll just stick to that.
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 139
Posted: 5/24/2008 9:45:33 AM
tmotts your comments are exactly why I'm not attracted to women my age. Most of them have, kids, don't what and are at a point where they are settling in for the golden years, where I on the other hand I'm working on my career....looking forward in the future to getting married and starting a family of my own.
 Stan Powder
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2008 2:22:25 PM
No offense but I can't stand people who plan marriage and family like it's a career, but just let it happen when it happens. People who have love planned all out don't excite me at all. Those who have had kids too early, to those who end up marrying and having kids at an older age, ironically tend to be far cooler, and their kids tend to gravitate off them more. I might end up marrying in a couple of years, or maybe later, but I'd love to be the 65 year old dude with a 20 year old son/daughter. Instead of being a middle aged guy who really hasn't lived life to the fullest, I'll be the wiser older dude who's been there done that and pass it on to the younger bucks.

My uncle is in his late 50's with two young kids, and they worship him. Basically my point is age doesn't matter one bit especially when it comes to starting families, but those who planned it don't seem to be as fun in general. That's just my opinion.
 good_catch77
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/24/2008 4:56:22 PM
This post is kind of funny .....It's 2 years old and people don't read the date and bash the OP......I love it........He don't care bash away get it out of your system.....We can call this a bashing thread so that everyone can "vent" and do better on other threads.....
 beautifuldancer400
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/24/2008 5:45:02 PM
I was going to bash the OP but saw the date and figured he was long gone.

One thing he said does deserve mention here though. He said that he thinks some women his age such as certain celebrities attract him. This is an important point for this subject. As a society we do judge beauty by Hollywood's standards. What we fail to realize is that they are not always realistic. First of all, for the most part, all the images we are bombarded with of beautiful people are either touched up with computers or the pictures were taken when the people in them had on three inches of make-up. Hollywood and the TV and modeling industry LOOK for beautiful people. Most of the stars have the money and resources to look great as they grow older.

To judge ourselves on those standards is totally unrealistic. We all have our "standards" but as we get older...the more standards we have - the smaller our selection will be.

I am constantly contacted by guys ridiculously younger than me. I'm not interested most of the time because either they only want sex or they are too young and immature. Once in a while someone 10 or 11 years younger will get my attention but I'm not really looking for that.
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2008 6:36:34 PM
I beg to differ with you. I am over 45 and I take very good care of myself. I jog, I work out at the gym, I eat healthy, I dress sexy, and I look better than some 38 year olds. I don't know where your looking, but I see women 38+ today as being beautiful, independent, and not needing a 38 year old man who can't see them for who they are. I prefer a younger man, and I date 35+. Never had a complaint.
If you don't want 38+, then go down in age,
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/26/2008 9:35:04 PM
Thanks stan_powder...if people knew the terrible, painful, life I've lived up to this point they would cheering for me instead of tearing me down. But as I found on POF, people really like to point their fingers at others and laugh.

As a matter of fact I have age seven year age limit on my profile...18 to 25. This warm loving 19 year old woman is showing quite a bit of interest lately. Hmmmm....

If I had did those things I wanted years ago, I would have never picked up a paintbrush, I only started 6 years ago...and some think that one day they'll be Hanging me in Louvre.

stan_powder you are right about people plan life in general as you have to do this by this time, etc, etc. Life isn't linear. Things happen when they happen...I plabn to be changing diapers of some of my kids when I'm in my 60s. I have a friend who is 40 and he has a sister that is nine.
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 145
43 year old man + a 19 year old girl = caveat emptor
Posted: 5/27/2008 5:06:04 AM
Well you dear...my 43 year old actor friend and his 21 year old christian girlfriend are thinking about getting married and starting a family. And talking to this 19 year old she pretty much the settling down type and having an old fashion traditional family herself.

As a matter of fact I find nothing in common with most women over 30. And my aunt that knows me quite well tells me I need a woman under 30 as well.

Ok I spelled witty wrong.

And her parents like most other people wouldn't think I'm much over 30. As a matter of fact one woman one night asked if I was a college student. Perhaps...I'm thinking of going to college and taking Fine Arts...and Physics. I'm obsessed with space and Quantum Physics.

It took me 25 years to figure out why I didn't fit in with everyone else. I'm on another level. I was never into partying....I hate that word, party should not be used as a verb...and having a goodtime. A goodtime for me even when I was 18 was watching National Geographic, or listening to music, and I don't mean pop. My music teacher in high school thought my music writing ability was sometime else. I need to pursue that again...I played in rockbands until I was 26. But I'm a big fan of Iron Maiden, not just the headbanging stuff but 13 and a half minutes of "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner", which is an old poem by I believe Woodsworth, with a billion chord and tempo progressions, or Lucifer's Friend's album Banquet that is a full length album but only has five songs on it.
I used to sit at work when I was in my early 20s listening to hours upon hours of Classical Music.

The problem has been I don't belong in this time...I belong in the Renaissance. Art, Music, Science. Me having a goodtime is learning something new. Most people I've met aren't interested in this stuff.

And my goal all my life was to have a big loving family like the Partridge Family...you know kids of different ages from like 18 to 3.

The next 40 years are about discovering what there is to learn, find, and experience.

And heck the young women like the intelligent conversation, my earing, and my freaky punk hairdo. They prefer me finding about what they think about, what they are in to...instead of the young guys that say, "Man you're hot!" or "You got great boobs!"

No fricking golf and fishing for me when I'm in my 50s or retired. Retired ain't in my vocabulary. Retired if you break it down is about being tired again. I was never tired in the first place.

Cheers....rock on!
 Janet4ever
Msg: 146
I'm not attracted to women my age
Posted: 5/27/2008 6:02:28 AM

when she grows up and develops the strength to fly on her own, you may find yourself feeble, featherless and frustrated when you are replaced with a partner her own age because she will eventually see the light then spread her wings and take flight .

Speaking from experience, I was a child bride. My ex was 13 years older than me and at 18 I considered him worldly, mature and strong.

This view of mine changed as I myself matured and I could see him from an adult perspective.
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 147
You may belong in the Renaissance, but this is 2008.
Posted: 5/27/2008 6:07:28 AM
I'm not interested in women interested in building their futures and those involved in age appropriate activities with their peers...I'm into the conspriracy theorist types, that are bent on changing the world, being different and rejecting societies rules of conduct. One's that have rejected this world's materialism for a higher plane of existence. One's that are interested in finding out things that people won't tell you, or keep secret. Women with black lipstick and black nail polish get along with me quite well. Put me in the group with Marilyn Manson or that Angel guy that does all those magjik tricks on TV.
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 148
Marilon Manson is not dating Hanna Montana, is he?
Posted: 5/27/2008 7:04:30 AM
Your just going to keep hammering me aren't you? You see I'm not into people who want to participate in society as it is....I want revolutionary people who want to change the world. I've had plans of forming my own political party based on Marxist economic values and old fashioned pre-American revolution family values. When I grew up John Lennon was a huge influence on me, and when I got older Lenin had a huge influence on me. I'm your post hippi 60s, Age Of Aquarius, sense of discovery, into Wicca, and Magjik, and any thing else I can find out. I'd love to become a Mason or a member the Knights Templar, or a member of the Golden Dawn.

Since I quit playing rock'n'roll at 26 I kept trying to put myself in that little box people said I have to belong in. Sorry I took your box and smashed it. I want experience it all including knowing the youthful adventures that I have yet to have. Maybe the two of us can get some backpacks and hostel across America.

Most women in there 30 have kids want someone with a stable secure life and want to plan retirement. I'm not there yet. Sorry I'm on the road to discovery adventure and anything I can find. Maybe I'll be playing in a band again at 58...maybe with my kids as the other members. Maybe I'll go skydriving at 65 or go to the Valley of the Kings and do some digging there and make some historic find.

I'm planning on selling my home clearing my debts and perhaps getting a art loft in Paris and creating masterpieces, then when I have security and a great career then I'll settledown and start a family.

What has been really troubling me lately is are lives are ruled and controlled by money, and carving out some lifestyle that fits into your box. Most of the people in this world never get the chance to live as much as they like too, or have their abilities, creativity, and dreams limited by the all mighty dollar.

I'm not looking for people that what to be in the box...I want to people who want to live more.

I have a picture of Orozco on my wall. He blew his hand off in a industrial accident. At that point he said, now I can paint. He left everything but his paints and his painting in Mexico, traveled to the USA and became a famous artist. In his 40s he married some young middle class Mexican woman and had a family. He has become my inspiration and my mentor.

My job has gotten worst over the past 12 months....I'm making crappy money again and working too many hours. It is crippling my art career. Do I get a better job and struggle through it...and have women in their 30s tell me this is all you have at your age? Or do I clear the slate, pack up my stuff, and start a new life, and try to achieve the dreams that I have yet to achieve? Cause this living in poverty for the past 43 years really sucks!
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/31/2008 9:32:46 PM
Bogart at 44 married 19 year old Bacal, and at 47 Ritchie Blackmore's wife moved in with him, she was 21. Are you going to tell me that these men were immature, or was the fact that Bogey and Bacal were both actors, and Blackmore and his wife are both musicians.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/31/2008 9:41:49 PM
I swear theres so much sick bizzare s h i t in these forums its getting down right scary!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm not attracted to women my age.