Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Billbug
Msg: 6
Guys, where's your backbone?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
"Guys, where's your backbone?"

This has got to be the dumbest forum thread I have seen. Whose side are you on? 90% of the women on this site have their pick of guys and make no bones about showing it, because there are 5 times the amount of men here than women. Get real mate...either you are gay or a woman in disguise....
 tcky123
Msg: 13
Guys, where's your backbone?
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:25:03 AM
jamican model lol what the hell is a model doing on this site huh? especially giving others advice on their profiles, I think the light of those camera shoots is getting to your head boy.
 Billbug
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/7/2006 11:28:28 AM
"When we dusagree on something we dont call each other gay either."

nosoup...

But it is ok to call each other spineless? Are you related to him/her? Women on this site give as good as they get if you haven't noticed.
 Billbug
Msg: 24
Things are rarely what they appear to be!...
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:06:47 PM
Chevy...

With an opening line like "Guys, where's your backbone?" and you say WE are trashing HIM? YOU go figure.....
 Billbug
Msg: 27
To each it's own
Posted: 5/7/2006 1:42:08 PM
The problem is Mr JamaicanModel is that you have insinuated that all men are spineless. Now how can you expect some people not to bite with an opening statement like that? Do NOT put us all in one category...
 Billbug
Msg: 30
To each it's own
Posted: 5/7/2006 2:19:27 PM
jammodel

"I find it spineless to lie, to not put forth your opinion. To let women walk all over you because they are gorgeous. So yes SPINELESS IT IS!!!"

Now let me get this right...I shouldn't let women walk all over me but it is ok to let someone insult me?
 Billbug
Msg: 34
To each it's own
Posted: 5/7/2006 4:24:28 PM
JamModel
I don't understand your logic. You say that you have to be spineless before someone can insult you? Read your last post...
 Billbug
Msg: 37
To each it's own
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:14:46 PM
soup..

Yes, I agree that some men b/s all the way to get what they want...the key word here is 'some'. If you want to get a point across to people on this site, the first thing you have to remember is not to insult ALL of them in your opening statement. It will only cause friction. I did not start this thread, nor have I used insinuating statements regarding ALL men in any forums. The lesson I think, is choose your words carefully. Are you sure you two are not related??
 Billbug
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/8/2006 2:40:46 AM
Red Dragon..

I agree totally. Glad to see that not all the guys agree with some of the views here....
 Billbug
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/8/2006 10:23:27 PM
"I get it and my friend .... YOU TOTALLY GET IT!!!

EVERYONE READ HIS PROFILE!!!! RECOMMEND! "

I read it. What is so special? I have been playing guitar since I was 13 and was in a rock band many years ago. So what? I am a qualified electronics technician plus have a few other qualifications too, but who the hell cares? And by the way JamMod, I have forgotten more dates than you will probably see in your lifetime. Please do not try to B/S your knowledge about profile standards. You are not long out of diapers and know nothing about attracting the opposite sex as yet. If you have to use insults to get a point across then your intellect is lacking sadly. And all the other guys that accept the insult that he has thrown at ALL guys, well, it makes me wonder who really is spineless. But each to jis own.... have a nice day.
 Night Run
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/9/2006 8:28:36 AM
Sorry Dude. I gave them the backbone and they hate it. They prefer the I'll do anything for line. I'm not here to sweetalk any women into a relationship. She gets that when she understands the tough talking, egotistical s.o.b. I don't want to be incompetition with women. I'm in competition to be better then any other man. My partner is my partner, not a ongoing battle of the sexes. Life's too short for that. I want a women to look at me and say "What's really up with this guy?" She's then interested to find out what makes me tick. But today all men are protrayed as morons or inferior to women, Watched "Everybody Loves Raymond" lately, or "Friends"? Tough backboned guys like John Wayne, Gene Simmons, Humphery Bogart, Andrew Dice Clay, etc are nowhere to be found. I think the Backstreets Boys had something to do with that!!! I thought they slept with each other anyways.
 Night Run
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/9/2006 9:47:00 AM
Dude you did it again. You just sweet talked that girl by putting me down. I was just saying a lot of women fall for that I'll do anything that you want me to do stuff. And for guys who belittle other men. Case in point: Four dudes started trash talking me and my buddy outside of the bar one night. With there we're great attritude. They wanted fight to show there manhood. My buddy went look that's go this is kids stuff.

Your trash talking men who you think are inferior to you I'm stronger then him because I'm no whimp. You'd be the guy who would come up to me and start trash talking me about my three inch, three chained, 6 stared earing and start asking questions like are you gay? And belittling me in front of a bunch of others to make yourself look superior. Dude. I just have to walk into a room and know I'm superior without even confronting anyone.

I trashed talked people's morals values, and there conformast, narrow view points, and gave explanations to back my statements. I've done it for years, young, or old. I've mellowed in my oldage. The problem is perhaps I'm right and they don't want to hear it! Staying true to your convictions and your values is a sign of strength. The only baggage I carry is my age, and I'm beginning to relize that's in most cases it is a plus. Being on here has shown me how actually confident and secure with myself I am. Before I would get all mad and feel that someone was being hurtful to me.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2006 9:47:34 AM

The women of this generation are a lot more picking and smarter at disqualifying men then you days.

I'm not interested in dating women of your generation, besides, I don't want to be "picked"

Yet you're on a dating site and the age of 53.

And your so sure you won't be? I guess your a seer.

If we were to switch places you would be a very lonely man. But, then again you must already be lonely to be on this site.

22 again? Been there, done that, learnt from it, am moving forward. Besides, I doubt many women would want to date a 53 yr. old who stopped learning at 22!

Your on this site, so by your logic, you must be lonely too. Nothing like calling the kettle black!
 Billbug
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/9/2006 10:38:43 AM
I may be an old man (in your estimation, and don't kid yourself...you will get there one day too...maybe) but at least I didn't have to be on a dating site at 22 to get a date. In fact I was 52 before I looked at these sites. Now if you are here already at 22 with your vast knowledge I would hazard a guess you will still be here at 53. I, on the other hand am not a player and am not here to get 'dates'. I am looking for a lifetime partner, which is what most women are looking for. Why don't you ask THEM what they want instead of assuming you know? You have a lot of growing up to do, my friend. As for my marital status I have been there, done that. Have you? It is not uncommon to be divorced nowadays. And I HAVE kids who are older than you and grandkids also. Why don't you read MY profile before you assume yet again to know me. As for your friend's profile it only indicates that he is a player and uses women. I am sure there are some women who want to be used, but I haven't seen one yet personally. I'll stick with my profile thank you.
 Billbug
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/9/2006 11:00:56 AM
JamMod...
The only thing I disagree with is you insinuating that ALL men have no backbone. As I said, I am not a player and therefore not interested in picking up women. I have stated what I want, and yes, I have had several responses. I have the right to choose carefully, as do others. I have even met some ladies. So I presume that my profile is working. As for anger issues, well, I can only laugh. I'm a lover, not a fighter. But you should perhaps think carefully in the future before you throw down the gauntlet. It may not be a lover you attract next time...
 Billbug
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/9/2006 11:21:38 AM
"I laid out a topic. Let's now discuss it! "

Consider it discussed...
 Night Run
Msg: 94
Flowers? Say it by leaving the toliet seat down!!
Posted: 5/9/2006 11:46:12 AM
Sorry Jamaican Model I thought you were bashing me. The bashing I take from these women. Over 20 years I've watched women of all ages fall for Mr. Wonderful that tells them what they want to hear. However, it is obvious that some women, and I applaud, them say no. I'm interested in a woman that's interested in a man's soul not what comes out of his mouth. When people take the time to actually get to know me they actually like what they find. I have no enemies, except maybe on here, even my ex-boss who hated my politics and the fact I was the guy who organize a union in his shop. But he did say, "I have no problem with your work ethic." I see what you mean JM. Weak men here are trying to fit the square peg in to the round hole, inorder to get some action with women here. If I read a profile and see something that is not what I'm into I move on. There's no point trying to beat a rented mule. One woman kept phoning me over and over again. She was the daughter of the owner's of the ritziest restaurant in town. I'm a cab driver. She took off whenever she wanted to whatever city she wanted, drank wine on a docks in San Francisco, etc. I take off whenever I want to to a cheap bar where they play hard rock and Harleys are parked outside, and drink Scotch and Coke. What's the point of trying anything with his women we have nothing in common!!!

Why should I be in a relationship with someone just to be in a relationship? What if the right woman comes along and I'm involved? What do I do now?

I read a profile and she was my twin!!! I tried to contact her but I was too old! That's what I was pissed off about. For me to accomplish the things I what out of a relationship I need a younger woman now. I didn't 10 years ago, but that girl wasn't there then. Do I go well maybe I should reconsider what I want and take what I wasn't looking for to have a relationship? NO!!! I stick to my guns!

Maybe the women on here from other places then where I'm from are different...but I've read a million profiles here, there, and everywhere, from my city and they fall for that crap. I guy I played hockey with said I can get any woman I want on there just talk about puppies, flowers, and sunsets. I get laid at least twice a week. One girl I know on a dating sire that I was friends with before ever even having a computer can't understand when she has sex with these guys she meeets on the internet don't call back, or a couple she just kept having sex with and they never did anything else with them.
 Night Run
Msg: 95
Flowers? Say it by leaving the toliet seat down!!
Posted: 5/9/2006 12:05:44 PM
"Express yourself in the face of change, repress yourself, you surely seal your fate. You Got to look inside. The answer lies in wait, resurrect before it's too late. YOU KNOW YOU'VE GOT TO STAND, STAND, STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE
Somebody rescue me, come down and rescue me. I know the soul of a good man has to be free. When you stand for what you believe"

"You got to stick to your guns when it all comes down. Sometimes you can't chose. It's like heads they're gonna win and tails your gonna lose"

~POISON
 Billbug
Msg: 101
Lux_interior and anyone else!!!
Posted: 5/9/2006 5:20:39 PM
I was going to leave it off here but I noticed that when someone says something you don't like or is not agreeing with you then you immediately want to get back to the "topic at hand". Yet in your last entry you were urging your mate on when he was having a go at me. Remarkable .... just like a 6 yr old child. Whinge when things don't go their way, can give it but not take it. You can rubbish me all you like now, I am not going to bite anymore. I'll just sit back and laugh
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >