Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JWA
Msg: 2
Man are People Ignorant!! would you agree??Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Can you or are you sure it's them---and not YOU? Look just a bit deeper into this if it happens over and over---could be something on your end??!?
 JWA
Msg: 7
Man are People Ignorant!! would you agree??
Posted: 5/7/2006 8:50:59 AM
^^rouxdoo I wan't mean and he don't have a darn good point. My point was if this keeps happening to HIM over and over then he really does need to look at himself. Not everyone we encounter will have the same reaction to us UNLESS we're doing something we're not aware of---or refuse to acknowledge/accept.

His comment that people online are ignorant is the mean comment! If he's willing to throw that around he needs to know some will take exception----AND respond in kind!!

If this is the same way he approaches those he's complaining about then is it reasonable thinking he'd get any favorable replies----EVER???

C'mon------
 bucsgirl
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:18:03 AM
lady fire Me thinks you're right!! Geez, folks, if dating gets to be like work then maybe time to take a breather. If you're not enjoying it what's the point?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 14
Confused!
Posted: 5/7/2006 10:11:36 AM
lady Point lost and not the first time, not the last. Well I intend to enjoy myself here no matter what and also enjoy every other aspect of my life. I'm sure you do as well.
 stoneside
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/7/2006 11:43:00 AM
The more you chase a woman or man the faster they will run. When in doubt, assume the "sale". Make the person laugh and enjoy your conversation, Then "hmmm, k so now we have to find a good day to meet" or "Which is better for you Friday or Saturday?"
 kcoffeecan
Msg: 20
Confused!
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:06:15 PM
Shangrilah,

You said it perfectly!!!!!! We are on a site who's purpose is to provide a vehicle to initiate a meeting between potential mates. That means (as you so eloquently put it) you need to treat people as if you are meeting them for the first time (in person). That means: Your REAL words, you REAL pictures, your REAL interests and .... you REAL respect for the other person. That gives TRUST to the other person which is what a relationship is built on. Most of these people would not do that to a person in real life. If they would, they are not allowed in MY universe. Drop them like a HOT rock and find a "genuine" person.

kcoffeecan
 Billbug
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/7/2006 2:40:11 PM
op

I agree with you. There are many people that will be just plain ignorant. I have also experienced it. They initiate the messaging then just drop off the face of the earth. Now that's outright rude. If they start something the least they can do is be polite about finishing it. It is NOT just you or me...read a lot of other threads and you will see that you are not alone.
 Billbug
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/7/2006 2:57:41 PM
strawberri

Now wouldn't it be great if we could all write like that???
 Frrosty
Msg: 34
DUDE NO!
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:45:16 PM
Women only want what you offer. If you flash your money around they will want it. If you think women just want a guy for his money. I have dated girls that tell me they are dating other guys for their money and we laugh about while she is taking me out with his money. Dude... You show a woman a good time .. and she will ove you for it... F*CK money...

DUDE!!

You're like LL COOL J!! (FAX ME AN AUTOGRAPH!!)

P.S. I will agree, totally, that so many people are COMPLETELY ignorant. IN fact; being ignorant..is in. Funny how many of these women probably ask for what you are in their ad too hu?

*Shrugs*

Wait until you find out how many ignorant people hate you.....because you're not.

Screw it....keep rollin....cause the beat goes on.
 Billbug
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/8/2006 3:15:14 PM
Hambone..
Yes, but it is STILL rude....lol. If I initiate contact then I wouldn't just let it hang after the first or second message just because I changed my mind. It is courteous to at least say that you changed your mind and not leave someone in limbo. But that is the problem with the world today...chivalry, ethics and courtesy have gone out the window.
 Billbug
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:08:10 PM
Hambone..

Yes, you are right of course. But wasn't it good when people were more personal? They actually took the time to get to know someone, and then they gave full committment. Love was love, not just sex. Today, we pick and choose and then discard at our descretion. That includes machines as well as each other. I think I liked the other world better...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:05:14 PM
People are people ignorant, SOME are anyway, can we take the gender aspect out of it? Please? Thanks!! I've known many men, yes, MEN who are amazing insightful about relationships and have awesome people skills. Many women, too. So there!
Seriously, though, neither gender has a bit in gender advantage to knowing and understanding people. And I've said before, we're really more alike than different. The genders that is, before someone wrote that book about Men being from Mars and women being from Venus. And I'm not being ignorant (haha) and sticking my head in the sand. Of course different exist, but instead of being something to polarize the sexes, can't we just enjoy and celebrate the difference? Well I do and it works for me!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >