Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bcboy72
Msg: 7
view profile
History
I Swear....Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have a potty mouth now and then....but it is extremely rare...I honestly don't think it sounds good coming from anyone.
 spudotoole
Msg: 11
I Swear....
Posted: 5/7/2006 11:42:20 AM
I have a lady friend that if I hear her swear, she is REALLY upset or angery. It sounds funny comin out of her mouth.
 bcboy72
Msg: 12
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 5/7/2006 11:44:16 AM
Whatever floats your boat Cnote... How do we get you excited??

Hotrod? swear? no way....."F*ck you you f*cking f*ck"....I recall that one...(during a drinking game where we weren't allowed to use expletives...)
He went to bed early.
 vancouver40
Msg: 17
I Swear....
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:40:15 PM
i never swear cuz it f*cks up my brain
 bcboy72
Msg: 23
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:47:24 PM

You're pretty good at pissing me off, so we'll stick with that ;)

I do what I can...
OT...without swearing...
 BonnieB
Msg: 34
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 5/9/2006 12:11:19 PM
I use the mild stuff... and if ever I use the 'bad' stuff.. you know I'm REALLY pissed.

Major swearing has it's place, but .. and I know I'll probably get blasted for this... but those who can't complete a sentence without using the f* word or a string of equally profound expletives, always sound ill educated to me, even when I know they are not. It just makes them sound rather low class.

Should I run and hide now?

BonnieB
 BonnieB
Msg: 35
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 5/9/2006 12:18:21 PM
Rather cute story..

A few years ago, I was at a meeting with a group of young men whose use of foul language was normal terminology to them.... however.. I had my daughter with me who was around 6 yrs old at the time. She was watching cartoons and not paying the least bit attention to them, so I did not concern myself with their language at all.

However.. the one other woman in the room did think about it and she said to the guys..

"Watch your f*ng language, there's a f*ng kid in the room"...

Cracked me up.. I don't even think she realized what she'd said..

B.
 carp eh diem
Msg: 38
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 5/9/2006 5:20:46 PM
I would swear...I never swear,

but to tell the truth, I do swear,

when working on something difficult and drop the f_cking wrench,

or I get a f_cking owie,

or golfing, after wacking a f_cking bad shot,

I don't call it golfing anymore,

Anyone up for a game of Whack F_ck.

So what's a guy called that swears...a Rogue maybe.

New Profile line...Rogue seeking Harlot
 draco_107
Msg: 47
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 5/10/2006 11:03:17 AM
With the type of work. I really have to watch what I say. A couple of people have been fired for using language that is considered rude.

But after i hang up the phone, I usually can think of a few name to call the people that have just hung up on me. but always under my breath. As I was taught you never swear in front of women or children.

D
 HORSELADY3
Msg: 53
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 5/2/2009 2:11:04 PM
I was pretty surprized when we were watching an adult movie and one part was when some guy stole the gals car and she said " He stole my fricken car!" lol I started to laugh cuz I think I would swear if someone stole my car!! Later she did do some swearing though.....
 yabbdabbadoo
Msg: 54
I Swear....
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:49:49 AM
I probably type it a whole lot more than I say it, and even then it is generally **stardized
 Fa que
Msg: 55
I Swear....
Posted: 5/3/2009 7:04:14 AM
The problem with swearing now is that it has lost it's edge. The power of a good F-bomb is now like a sparkler instead of a cherry bomb. Sadly I blame my and my parents generation for allowing this gutter language to proliferate our tv's and our childrens mouths. I hate to sound old school, but I also blame rap music too.
Fukin rappers
 Entzauberung
Msg: 56
I Swear....
Posted: 5/3/2009 9:53:22 AM
^^^
I cannot wholly agree with your statement.

Swearing may have lost its edge, to some audiences, and also depending on the source.

When you get to know a person (or a forum fish) who frequently use profanity and expletives we learn to expect that from them, and it loses the edge, for that person. Some would consider that person to be coarse and vulgar. A related example is the movie "Pulp Fiction" which has so very many expletives, it quickly became boring to hear them.

This is in contrast to people who rarely, if ever, speak like that, and then who for some reason does, depending on the circumstances (extreme anger, frustration, etc.), the edge may be quite sharp.
 Xavery
Msg: 57
I Swear....
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:03:45 PM
The F-bomb is losing its potency. English is always evolving and so is swearing, so if you listen carefully to the younger generation, you might hear newer and creative versions of swearing.

I don't swear a lot. I like to play with swear words and use them in nice ways. I make sure my tone of voice is really nice when I say, " Hello, how is my favorite azxhole?" This is a high level skill and takes practice, but I am sure that you, too, could swear affectionately.

And if you dont like this answer, I don't give rat's axs.
 Shablo5
Msg: 59
I Swear....
Posted: 5/5/2009 11:14:48 PM
Growing up in society these days, it's almost like it's second nature. It really is, or atleast with us kids it is.
I just kinda grew up with it. I've learned to be polite and respectful and learn when NOT to use the "f" word, but sometimes I "f" up
In the end, it is kind of my 'native tongue' haha. It just kinda flows outta my mouth, especially when im angry I swear like a sailor!
 HORSELADY3
Msg: 63
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 3/9/2010 7:55:17 PM
I swear a lot more now that I am a mother... just only I hear it! lol
 MsFreedomFinderrr
Msg: 64
I Swear....
Posted: 3/9/2010 8:26:04 PM
I swear when the time is right. I call it the F-BOMB.

I was raised by a residential school survivor whom for many years had very little control over anger and I learned many, many ways to include the F-Bomb in heated, seat of my pants type sentences.

Does it effect me or affect me? LOL

This Redneck Woman swears like a One Horse Town, Mother Truckin Hard Workin Redneck Woman should :P

ClassC
Msg: 65
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 3/9/2010 8:28:48 PM
I confess to having acquired a taste for a special soap used to wash out one's mouth when swearing around the parents...bit of a rebel (then...)
Taught Mom the F word, how to use it for shock value and she used it on Dad...his response was "you've been talking to your daughter again!"
On the bus last week, two older ?teens? were 'conversing'.. 'HOWEVER one had his ear phone/?music? cranked waaaay up there...and the other one wanted to be heard...so was literally yelling...and I struggled with what criminal charges might be laid against me for what I felt like doing, and instead waited for a 'break' in all sounds, and stuck my head between them and said..."children are present...shut your language off yesterday!"
many smirks from the other bus riders...who met the kids' stares right back...
they got off at the next stop...and some applause rumbled through the bus as they left.
stupid little fu**ers
 Snotsure
Msg: 66
I Swear....
Posted: 3/9/2010 8:47:30 PM
Stupid fukin thread. Who gives a sh*t.
 rockondon
Msg: 67
view profile
History
I Swear....
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:34:16 PM
You certainly don't need an F-bomb to put someone in their place. Saying things like "Your trailer park called - its missing its trash" or "your face looks like it caught on fire and someone beat it out with a chain" or "until I met you, I never thought someone could get pregnant from anal sex" gets the point across quite nicely.

Probably the most offensive one I heard was when someone told my buddy that "you can tell when your sister is on the rag because you can taste it on your dad's di..." Who needs an F-word when you can spew out awesomeness like that?
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >