Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justforumsplease
Msg: 164
Where are the geeky girls?Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
"with the addition of a fine Conroe"

Sounds like something Hannibal Lector would say...

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a fine Conroe..."

:: hisses between teeth::
 justforumsplease
Msg: 168
Where are the geeky girls?
Posted: 2/27/2007 9:52:04 AM
Mmmm, brains........

Reminds me of the Halloween Simpsons episode when the zombies attempt to eat Homer's brains, tap on his head, and leave angrily yelling "BRAINS!"

sorry... I entertain easily.
 justforumsplease
Msg: 171
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:00:51 AM
Ok... the blood pie might be mixed with tribble squeezings, but it's cheap and filling. A warrior on a budget has to factor these things in...

Oh, and Gothygeek? If you could score me an autograph from Sid, my android and I will sing "Blue Skies" at your wedding...
 justforumsplease
Msg: 174
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:17:53 AM
Well... in a nutshell? Yes. Yes we do.
 NYSJ63
Msg: 175
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:30:59 AM
Any geeky women in t he central ny area? Send me a message
 designingwoman
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 4:54:16 PM
Any Geeky GUYS in southern New England or the New York City suburbs? I pass through New York on the way to and from my work in New Jersey. I live in Mass and am working in NJ for the time being.

I'd love to toast a bloodwine to the Klingon Empire with ya!
 justforumsplease
Msg: 180
Posted: 3/2/2007 1:37:19 PM
.... Suddenly, giggleparts experiences the sensation of his pants tightening...

Your post defies logic...

Not only that, it creates a disturbing visual.

:: reads instructions ::

Insert fork directly into eye...
 justforumsplease
Msg: 183
Posted: 3/3/2007 2:04:28 PM
I may truly be wallowing in geekitude by admitting this, but one of my guilty pleasures is Japanese "daikaiju" films... or for the unwary, "giant monster" films.

Does anyone else find comfort in occasionally watching a superbly crafted miniature model city be crushed by a stuntman in an oversized rubber suit? To quote Marge Simpson after the famous lobotomy...

"It's bliss..."

My favorites of the last few years are definately the "Heisei" era Gamera series, all three directed by Shusuke Kaneko.

Yes... they are cheesy. Yes, they are campy... but I find comfort in knowing that not every director is a self- proclaimed "auteur", and that some people just like making movies that are fun.

:: climbs off soapbox ::
 Coraline39
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2007 6:10:26 PM
Hi GothyGeek and Anchises and all!!

Guess what?! My finals for winter quarter are over, as of about an hour ago!!! Yea!! Now I might have time to read and post in the forums and possibly hang out and stuff:)

So...can anyone explain to me why the Sci-fi Channel is foisting pro wrestling off upon us? (Tues, 10:00pm, right after Eureka). I mean, seriously...I've been in/around fandom for years and have never met a sci-fi fan who likes wrestling.

Hey, Anchises...you're so right about algebra being a weapon of Math Destruction!!
Have I mentioned that I just took my math final? (Whee, I'm free!)

Coraline
 designingwoman
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2007 9:34:13 PM
Hey I don't get it either why the Sci Fi channel would show so much wrestling. It's time for them to get back to the Science Fiction roots and show more sci fi programming. It's like calling the Ice Cream Club the Beer Club when you really sell ice cream. DUH.
 justforumsplease
Msg: 189
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:49:49 AM
SciFi's parent company is USA Networks... they foisted it onto SciFi's schedule.
 justforumsplease
Msg: 191
Posted: 3/16/2007 7:31:44 AM
Seaquest DSV

or "ST:TNG Underwater"

I do admit that the last episodes were kind of ok, once they got rid of Roy Scheider and got Michael Ironside.
 justforumsplease
Msg: 194
Posted: 3/19/2007 1:28:36 PM
Book Geek?

A female?

YAY! There is a God!
 designingwoman
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2007 5:53:36 PM
Question for all the geeks out here?

I am going for LASIK surgery and will likely have 20/20 uncorrected vision. Can a person with perfect eyesight be considered a geek?

How about the person who happens to like Trek but takes up such things as surfing, snowmobiling, scuba diving, boating, and snowboarding? Having great eyesight will allow me to do more than I ever did with my life.

I am eager to find out if I am still welcome in geekdom with 20/20?????
 AwP
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 12:34:32 AM

I am going for LASIK surgery and will likely have 20/20 uncorrected vision. Can a person with perfect eyesight be considered a geek?

How about the person who happens to like Trek but takes up such things as surfing, snowmobiling, scuba diving, boating, and snowboarding? Having great eyesight will allow me to do more than I ever did with my life.

The LASIK won't take away your geekdom, the outdoor athletic activities will a little, but you'll still always be partly a geek as long as you don't turn away from your geeky roots.

oh and a quick question anyone suggest any good books for me to read i cant decide on a new one :( im thinkin hannibal rising, anyone had a glance at that yet ?

I haven't read Hannibal Rising so I can't comment on it, I can say Wicked, The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West was great. The sequal was only so-so though.
 justforumsplease
Msg: 200
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:46:28 AM
I haven't read Hannibal Rising so I can't comment on it...

The book was ok... a 2 night read, but for pity's sake, avoid the film! I had a much better read with "Gates Of Fire" by Steven Pressman. It's "300" without the long wait in line... but truth be told, I did take the long wait, and came out of the theater a bit emotionally erect.

Lasik works most excellently well, but if you have concerns about levels of geekitude, you can always purchase a pair of "character glasses" with plain glass lenses. Don't worry... we won't tell anyone.
 designingwoman
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 6:42:15 PM
^^^ Yep, I'll get the character glasses, particularly those good looking rimless ones!!

I am relieved that having 20/20 and being a jock won't take away from my core geekiness as I will be a Trekkie forever!

See ya at the conventions--I'll either have on a club chapter polo shirt or the Classic Klingon outfit.

Qapla'!!

DW
 evrybdy
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2008 3:47:14 PM
so I want to know what you would call a gal like me? I have been using dork for years, as I know I am not like the typical woman. I am still single at almost 36, never been married, never been proposed to (at least not seriously), no kids, and I have some um, very interesting hobbies (my Madonna fandom being a big one). I also love to write, love libraries, books, reading, was an Honors studient in school, what some would call a nerd, very out of place, not popular back then, and do enjoy a lot of what some would call geeky things (like all the extras on my fave movies, many of them sci-fi ones). I have been a loner a lot of my life, though guys will often assume I am one of those "other" types, but that just makes me laugh cause I am so the opposite. I do love girly things though, like shopping, clothes, purses and makeup, but then again, I don't live for those things either. I guess there is just no label for my weirdness! Ooooh, maybe that's it! I'm a weirdee! LOL

M
 techgirl27
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2008 10:12:02 PM
I am the ubiquitous geek girl. I wrote my own HTML way before "Front page" ever existed (remember MacHTTP?? before that, too). I have more computers than I have people in my apartment, worked for 3 years on PC and Mac support, and am the type that would rather meet a friend at an internet cafe than go to the movies. I was the music geek in school that also played 2 sports. Fashion means very little to me other than just making sure I look presentable. My tonic is Diet Coke or green tea and late night online shopping and my favorite shop is Fry's Electronics. I'm fortunate enough to have 2 of their stores within 20 miles of me.
 Mr. Sarcasm
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:11:24 AM
LIES! ALL OF IT! There are no geeks nerds etc. We are all figments of your imagination! One day world domination shall be ours as people think us creatures of fantasy and legend.

Oook ignore that part of me its a little crazy... world domination, pah too much pinky and the brain I think! I was curious about this too as it seems everyone around my area on this site is constantly saying: outdoorsy looking for outgoing man etc. I am very outgoing, I just don't physically go anywhere thats what the internet is for right?

Honestly if I go to a book store or game store the only way someones going to break me out of my little world is to pretty much walk up and hit me with a hammer. I prefer nerf bats to hammers though, it would probably achieve the same result, not certian though! maybe thats the key... go around randomly hitting people with nerf bats... is that considered harassment, nevermind don't answer that!
 palmer f
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2008 1:43:06 PM
Well I love geeky girls. They are the ones that are attractive, but yet so smart. Most are down to earth and that makes them even more attractive. They are also cool hang with because they more than likely lack all the drama of The Hills Wanna Be's. LOL.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 212
Posted: 11/22/2008 8:48:51 PM
Montreal, Quebec, Canada...

Well one of them anyway.

geeL
Msg: 217
Posted: 11/1/2012 6:06:56 AM
yeah I think as that Geeky is not an insult, but more of a compliment.
 cooldog65
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2012 8:23:04 AM
The geeky girls are with the hipster guys.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >