Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Billbug
Msg: 4
response to email time etiquettePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yeah, funny thing that. I also, have had ladies contact me, to which I replied. Then suddenly they stopped responding to my messages, yet I saw them online for hours each day. When I mentioned this to a couple of them and they rudely told me that they were too busy, and that I was stalking them. I am at a loss as to what their games are. But as you can see, it happens to men too. I never have anything to do with them, despite some who have since tried to make friends with me again. One chance is enough. That's my policy, anyway.

I don't give them more than a day. Hard but tough.
 shigogouhou
Msg: 9
response to email time etiquette
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:10:20 PM

i am simply asking HOW LONG do you give someone and if there is proper etiquette. that's my question - at what point does he become a jerk for not responding??

If you switch the gender roles in the unwritten Rule of Replying, the man is never a jerk for not replying; it's the female who's a jerk for expecting a reply in the first place, and subsequently becoming anything but complacenly acceptant of the fact that they aren't getting one.
 OLIZAY
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:20:30 AM
if it makes anyone feel better one time it took a woman literally 17 days to respond to me, I figured she wasnt serious so I moved on
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:23:34 AM
What would I do?

Shrug and move on. I don't dwell on other people's actions or their reasons.
 c_deacon
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2009 12:23:30 PM
Their loss if you took the time to respond to their initial email showing interest.

Unless there is nothing else to say or do, I try to always email back when I receive an email. It is almost like what we were taught when being raised by our parents, and that was if you received mail from others, you took the time to at least say thank you, and not leave things hanging.

Good advice then, good advice now......so, just do it and lead by example.

Just my opinion........
 OutMind
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/29/2009 2:36:04 PM

how long do you give him before either just giving up on him or sending him the 'thanks for wasting my time' email?

You are creating a mountain out of a mount hill. Realize a couple of things, you are not the only one this man has approached. He more than likely is contacting other women. He could be about to set up a date with someone else, or just talking with someone because they have something in common.

So, if you replied back, then reply back again about some topic. Show some initiative as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >