Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jarhistory
Msg: 50
WHY DO WOMAN RUN FROM MEN WITH KIDS?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
You didn't create the great debate - this thread is just full of liars and people who like to take educated guesses and make the issue more complicated than it really is. The statistics don't lie - single fathers have a much lower chance of getting married than their single mother counter-parts. So, that's the first strike this thread has - it's not really an unfair generalization to say women run from single fathers, because if they weren't that wouldn't be true.

So, there is no reason to debate this issue or claim that you would love to date a single father, because statistics don't lie. Everything else in this thread is pure speculation.
 singledad13b
Msg: 58
WHY DO WOMAN RUN FROM MEN WITH KIDS?
Posted: 3/24/2005 10:00:29 AM
i cant believe this

i dont drink and i have raised four children alone since they were 7 4 2 and three days old

what a sterotype
and
i dont ever ever get a babysitter
i have never had a babysitter for my children in their life

i have them full time all the time
and have been alone since sept 94

I have met some woman with children and they think that their temper tantrum whining
bauling throwing toys and hitting their siblings behind their mothers back

are little angels
well i got news most single moms i have met dont have a clue what it takes to raise children
not just love them but raise them into healthy adults

with attitudes and pouting behaviours everytime life doesnt go there way

Robert
 singledad13b
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/24/2005 10:00:36 AM
i cant believe this

i dont drink and i have raised four children alone since they were 7 4 2 and three days old

what a sterotype
and

I have met some woman with children and they think that their temper tantrum whining

are little angels
well i got news most single moms i have met dont have a clue what it takes to raise children

Robert
 singledad13b
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/24/2005 10:02:04 AM
i cant believe this

what a sterotype
and

are little angels

Robert
 SPANKIE
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/27/2005 9:50:14 PM
Ok kinda of the subject, but not....
In Canada can a man sue his X girlfriend of 2 or more years for child support of a child that is not hers?? Someone told me that and I can not believe it.

back to subject
I dont run from a man with kids...as long as he is a good dad
 YamIhere
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2005 7:30:41 AM

No bad experience. I know what kids are like that's all. Not everyone wants to be around kids and that is just as OK as wanting to be around them.

Absolutely. She's 100% correct. Just as single parents may not want to date her because of her feelings about kids. She's within her rights to feel that way.

Think about the standards you have for dating someone. I personally have very high standards. Two of them I get blasted for are: I refuse to date a woman who is without at least a college degree; And she must have a "real" career with the ambition to become successful. If Only1skylar or any woman didn't possess these traits, she's off my dating map.

When you are a single parent, you are imposing a lot on another person. They have to buy into your children, not just you. We need to get over and past this "people won't date me because I have kids" crap. It's not even worth concerning yourself with.
 YamIhere
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2005 7:44:04 AM

they must not have kids, or just dont understand, i find men with kids an asset in my book,,shows there loving and definatly the type to commit

I dunno. I am a single dad, and honestly, I am not sure if I would date a single mother. Mostly that is due to my desire to not have any more children.

As far as it showing men are loving, I will agree. Although simply having kids is no proof of that. The type of father he is will speak volumes. IMO, it is no indication a man can commit. I have a child and I'm commitment-phobic
 night501
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2005 12:17:23 AM
iv never put any thought into the older age ranges but for my age range (early 20's) iv found that most women wont date a man with kids because they see that as setteling down, and i can kinda see it from that point of view. if i werent a father i dont think i could handle a relationship where a kid was involved because it would mean i would have to grow up and set an example.

people who dont have kids(or other similar responsabilities) have a very diffrent way of looking at the world. they are all about self gratification wether they think they are or not, where as people with kids usually, not in every case, but usually are thinking about the gratifications of there child.

wow that just sounded like i said people without kids are selfish. that isnt what i meant to say but come on... think about it... its true.

now before people read this and start telling me im full of shit and what not, think about it it kinda makes sence in that realy abstract way.
 ramcharger
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2005 8:34:26 PM
^^ Ditto, but I still have the better life! Unconditional hugs and kizzes go a hell of a long way in my happiness book!
Cheers
 Attractivemandy
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/6/2005 5:19:19 AM
That is not true seeker. I am always looking every where i go.I dont mind meeting a single dad. Im a single mom of 4 boys. If i see a man in a store and taht has a kid i alwasy look around would even say hey just for starters.And you are right some women wouldnt.But cant speak for all of them but i know that i dont look down on guys who has kids. Normally men are looking down on me.

Women are generally use to her having the kids cuz not all men would take responsiblity. To me that is a true man.
 Attractivemandy
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/6/2005 5:20:05 AM
That is not true seeker. I am always looking every where i go.I dont mind meeting a single dad. Im a single mom of 4 boys. If i see a man in a store and taht has a kid i alwasy look around would even say hey just for starters.And you are right some women wouldnt.But cant speak for all of them but i know that i dont look down on guys who has kids. Normally men are looking down on me.

Women are generally use to her having the kids cuz not all men would take responsiblity. To me that is a true man.
 techgirl27
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2005 10:22:43 AM
I wouldn't just because they had kids. That is just shallow. Besides, I am a mom too, and they might be able to relate to my challenges more than a childless person.
 cjamke35
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/26/2006 9:18:21 AM
Skylar sounds like one close minded idiot...I have never heard such dribble from one persons mouth ever. I hear all these woman say they wouldnt date a guy with kids but they wont say why...Most hit the nail on the head..Woman dont like having someone else take away any attention from them...Then theres another reason...Woman dont want to have to work to show love. They know kids can read right through their crap in a heart beat. Kids are more intuitive then adults when it comes to a persons sincerity. Lets Face it ladies...The ones tht wont date becuase of any trivial thing like College Degree, Kids, If your Catholic, Jewish etc etc etc are close minded, self centered, egotistical and Less then moralistic people. Trust me if a drop dead gorgeous guy came along with three kids they would go out of their way to get with him no matter what. Some woman are just Pigs...Plain and simple...They call the guys all kinds of names but to be honest some woman fall in that catagory as well...
 ksalmon
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2006 2:14:32 PM
I was wondering the same on the reverse side. I'm a 28 year old mother of 3 and it seems that men run. I would never run from a man with children
 Timbucktwo_
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/5/2006 3:39:55 PM
I would have to agree with the ditzy cleavage queen ... ESPECIALLy on point F. A friend of mine is stuck in that situation right now....not his biological kids and has to support them until they're 18....sucks to be him.
Y'know, a few years ago there was this one woman in the good ole U.S. of A. that locked her two boys in the car and and pushed it into a river...sure she's serving a life sentence in prison now but HEY, that's one way to get around the single parent problem....
 thorax42000
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2006 1:06:16 AM
well with that kind of attitude i can see why your still single. i am a single dad and i think your wrong
 allusnine
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:41:04 PM
I am dating a man who is trying to get custody of his sons, I wholeheartly support his decision to get custody. I accept the fact that he comes with children and he accepts the fact that I have a son. We work around the kids visitation schedules, and mine and his.
where there is a will and desire things will work out.
As far as your question goes, I have no idea why the double standard, there shouldn't be one, but alas, there is. Personally, I applaud any man that wants his children full time, to me, your the ones that are the keepers, any woman should consider herself lucky to have you
 allusnine
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:52:06 PM
Um Guido, there is no such thing as "almost" ADHD, a child either has it or doesn't. I know, your child may have Attention Deficit Disorder, and behavior modification worked on him along with channeling his energy. Tae kwon do is good for learning to focus.

Both of my children are either ADD or ADHD, my eldest is 20 now and has not taken ritilin in long time. My 10 yr old takes adderall, don't believe all that you hear and read about long term effects. If followed properly the side effects are minimal.
 allusnine
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:10:35 PM
I agree with Point A: Time is limited for single parents, our focus is and should be on our children.

Point B: well there will always be an ex somewhere, deal with it. I was fortunate, my ex and I get along great.

Point C: I have been in that situation where the man I dated developed a friendship with my son, when things did not work out for us, we remained friends and he will still contact my son on his birthday. ( he can't see him, no longer living in same area). Its all how you as an adult end things.

Point D: well duh, all single people have difficulties with money. Who says a date has to consist of going out? The one I am seeing now, we cook together at his house or mine, curl up with a good movie and have a blast. Sometimes if I have a bit of extra money, I take him out to eat.

Point E: How dare anyone call a child an out of control jerk. If the child is out of control, then its the parent(s) fault, not the childs. My son gets out of control sometimes because of his adhd and all it takes is a couple minutes of down time with attention from me to get him back in control.

Point F: Thats not necessarily true. the only one responsible for paying child support is the parent of the child. there are ways to circumvent that if taxes are filed correctly, check with a tax professional.

As far as getting family counseling for single people dating single parents, lets not put the cart before the horse. The adults need to get to know each other first before introducing a child to the other person. My children never met anyone I dated until I was sure that I wanted them too.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >