Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 frenchbearman
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Men who like you to chase themPage 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Im always amazed how women want everything in this world to be equal between men and women until it comes to the dating scene. Equal rights is equal rights, across the board. It does not matter if the woman calls or the man calls. It does not matter if the woman ask the man out or the man ask the woman out. Welcome to 2006!
 nycdoctor
Msg: 113
Men who like you to chase them
Posted: 1/10/2008 2:59:19 PM
Men should me more honest
 val0214
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:24:09 PM
I don't "chase" men. I also won't give a salesman the time of day as I don't want to be "sold" into dating him.

I think the whole chasing concept can be more an issue of leadership. Someone has to step up to the plate and make the first move. At their comfort pace and go from there.

Or it can be like a chess game.
 designingwoman
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 5:08:56 PM
Someone said they don't chase men or cars. Well I guess that person's not a puppy As we all know dogs love to chase cars. WOOF!!

But "chasing" a man the way a doggie chases a car?
I think that's carrying things a bit too far!
Show a guy some interest
He'll do the rest
If he also likes you
After all it's a two way street!!

WOOF
 Wpnstroop
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/12/2008 1:24:59 AM
I think there are legitimate issues on both sides. Speaking as a person who in the not too distant past went through an ego shredding divorce, I would probably need to be hit upside the head with a clue stick. Not a whole lot of self confidence right now. I would definitely appreciate being told in no uncertain terms that a lady was interested. I can take it from there. If there is mutual interest, great, we'll pursue it together. If interest is expressed and then she expects me to chase her, game off. I'm too damn old to play the teenager games anymore. If she expresses interest, I'm not going to assume she's just after sex. Hell I'm so clueless I don't really understand what it means when someone makes you one of their favorites without contacting you. Is that someone expressing interest or did my profile piss them off bad enough that they wanted to go back and stew on it awhile?

Sign me a little confused
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/12/2008 12:14:12 PM
Personally speaking, women who are very aggressive have (in my experience) turned out not to be people I'd want to spend much time with (speaking charitably here).
 catch22_
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2008 3:01:03 PM
tag,....your it!
 fancynanci
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2008 3:03:17 PM
I never do the chasing. I never will. He must chase me or FORGET IT!
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2008 3:08:27 PM
Hey! Here's an idea...why don't we ALL just chase each other around the fish pond!

untamed one
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/17/2008 3:26:22 PM

If it's a "chase", this lion is going back to his spot in the shade

true in humans as it is in nature , the lion only expends enough energy to catch what is catchable ..it's a delicate balance ..between enticing and having them lose interest ..If I have a good rapport . and there's some give and take , then I sense it's going to work out and schedule a meet. Bonne Chance :)
 Fifi47
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/17/2008 4:18:31 PM
My mother always says "A man chases a woman until she catches him"..wise words from a wise woman. I tend to agree with my mom.
 Jimmerwi42
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/17/2008 8:00:53 PM
Just a you might consider, the exact same thing can be said in reverse, replace guy with gal...
 JasonTKD22
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/17/2008 9:53:52 PM

Hey! Here's an idea...why don't we ALL just chase each other around the fish pond!

Oooh, or maybe we can play "duck, duck, goosed" --the more fun version of "duck, duck, goose"

NorseViking869
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/23/2008 9:23:54 PM
I do want a relationship someday, but I do enjoy feeling wanted. My ex was great at making me the center of her attention. I more often than not do the chasing, but to be honest, I do not like it that much. I feel as though I have to do all the work, and I get little or no play back in return (i.e. no phone calls to me, i have to make the contact). I feel as though I am bugging someone just calling them once every few days.
 tralaza
Msg: 151
Posted: 2/21/2008 5:45:50 AM
hellofagal, I have to agree. The few times I chased a guy when I was very young, turned out to be a disaster.

They just don't respect you. They do seem to do cruel things and take you for granted just to see how much you will put up with. It is funny though when you get fed up and dump them and then they are suddenly motivated to chase you.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2008 7:29:27 PM
There are a lot of reasons why it just works out better when the guys chase the girl.

A main one is that when men are attracted to a woman, I mean REALLY attracted (and not paying attention because they are willing to screw anything with two legs...blow up dolls, case in point), then they have very strong urges and it's easy to see, and they'll move mountains or whatever to get to the girl. So this is the kind of motivation a guy needs to be involved and a good boyfriend. If a woman chases a guy, then they may wind up getting the guy who has trouble saying no to girls, or the guy who thinks - oh, easy sex, great, or the guy who is not that interested but gets convinced that he's interested because "hey, she's stroking my ego and that feels damn good." Those are all guys who are not that good for the girl, but it is really hard to tell the difference when the girl is chasing.

It takes a very mature guy with a lot of self-control to say no to a girl who is somewhat attractive, but not what they are looking for in the end. It's just better to not be trying to find the small proportion of guys that can do this.

At least when a guy chases a girl, if she doesn't like him, she usually has no trouble letting him know right away. There aren't likely to be months or years wasted as a result, because she'll just say ew, and be done with it immediately.
 digitalfever
Msg: 165
Posted: 2/22/2008 10:19:16 AM
If i have to chase a man i become disinterested and move on.
 Fifi47
Msg: 166
Posted: 2/22/2008 3:16:04 PM
A man chases a woman until she catches him.
 brownie360
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 2:34:08 AM
Chasing men is not something I ever do, if Im interested in you and make it known, that should be enough and making it no need for me to chase you. men that want women to chase after them are insecure and only feel desired but not for any relationship. will not waste my time like that. It we like each other, then lets move foward and cut the bullshit.
 1badgurl
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:05:27 PM
Hmm...To me no guy is worth chasing... there are way to many men out there to be doing that anyways the guy is suppose to chase the girl been like that since the caveman...
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:08:43 PM
I don't chase men so If they want me they have to chase me!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:11:03 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that women tend to celebrate the changes that shift power into thier favor, but hold tightly to traditional views that favor them, as well. The rules for interaction between women and men have changed with the financial independence of women. (I know that this doesn't apply to all women.) Women who played hard to get 30 years ago, play impossible to get now, or easy for a lot of men to get. When I stopped chasing women, I started catching more of them. It's getting to be more like fishing these days. Put out the right bait, and they'll bite. The best ones seem to run like hell's fires are licking at their heels if you chase them. Show a little disinterest, and they will hook themselves... or not, based on whether you have the right bait for them.

Oh yeah... Cavemen physically chased and took the women they wanted. The strong (Physically) took what they wanted. If you want a guy like that, the prisons are full of them.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:12:18 PM
I think the way women chase is different, but yes, we do it. We flirt, we make ourselves available and approachable... and allow them to think they are doing the chasing. It's a win/win.
 CCsMom
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 1:24:03 PM
I dont chase. I like to be chased. If I feel like Im doing all the work, making all the effort, showing all the interest, I will drop that guy faster than you can say "Buh-Bye".
 head.cloud123
Msg: 184
Posted: 10/7/2009 4:50:54 AM

Any guy who makes me chase him will, in the end, be dropped.

These men are only interested in feeling desirable. They don't want a relationship with you.

Its not any worse than when the average woman does it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >