Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kid Wicked
Msg: 15
Why do some guys just not understand???????Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
ask him to set you up with one of his cute friends.
 spudotoole
Msg: 18
Why do some guys just not understand???????
Posted: 5/9/2006 10:01:54 PM
Long story short, its the Venus, Mars thing. You should read the book. It may help you understand us better.
 canadianredneck
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/9/2006 10:44:49 PM
Just ask him which part of NO he doesn't understand. I'ld be carefull. Sounds like he has stalker capabilities or already is one. my 2 cents worth.
 spent
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/9/2006 11:08:23 PM
Why not just sleep with him if that is all he wants. He'll get bored fast.
 Hops
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/23/2006 6:38:26 PM
(Off-topic: I thought PhatJesus was a terminal nutcase the way he jumped into the "Teachers?" thread. Reading more, he is about the most perceptive and clear-headed thinker here. - though still a nutcase, lol)

On-topic

Let me preface this with a story. There was a young woman who asks questions in a lecture hall. Everytime she asks a question, the old professor turns his head away and looks elsewhere. She eventually got pissed off enough to confront him. "Why are you mean to women? Why else do you turn your head away only when a woman asks a question?" The professor blinks before replying with a smile, "I'm deaf in the other ear - I turn my head to better hear the good questions."

The moral of the story is you cannot read other people's mind.

--

The following are quotes from OP. The things the guy did is bolded.

Ok there is a friend of mine that I met through his sister and I've repeatedly told him that I look up to him as a big brother but yet he still thinks that I would either date him or even sleep with him, but like I said I just think of him as a good friend..Now how do I go about getting this into his mind that that's all there will ever be with us?..any advice?

I've already said no and told him that I just look at him as a brother but yet he still keeps on trying, and the sad thing is if I want to stay friends with his sister like I already was then I have to see him and I dont want to be mean like that to someone, so far what I have done is just not talk to anyone from that family or that hangs out with him but it isn't working anymore. He always expects that I have plans with him every single day and thats not the way that it is.

this is the one thing that really upsets me is that I just got out a relationship filled with drama and my ex running my life and now I'm not even in a relationship with this guy and he's already doing the same thing in a way.one of my friends said that I should take one of my other guy friends and bring him out to the bar or something and then just act like I'm with him when this other guy is around and crap, ya know like make him jealous or whatever but to me thats a pretty low way to go around it and I dont want to have to go to the police for this situation

well I have been upfront and brutally honest with him about how I feel with the situation, and I'm really starting to think about getting my friend to help me out in some way that he can and if it ends up coming to that I really hope that this other guy gets the point.I've already told him that it makes me uncomfortable but yet he still presses on and on, I mean he's sat there and listened to me say I dont know how many times that I dont want a relationship right now or anything to the matter because I just recently broke up with my bf of 3 years and I want to enjoy my life right now being single and not having to deal with men.oh and she has talked to him about it once and she was also there one time when I was trying to tell him how it makes me feel but now she doesn't want to get involved with this because I guess this has supposedly happened with him before and some other chick.

thats what I've already been doing though, he's been calling me on my cell and I dont even answer his calls anymore, he's even starting to call the house phone and I have to tell who ever answers it for me to say that I'm not there or just busy.

We're told that he thinks/expects, which is a mind-read coming from the O/P's interpretation. The only objective actions taken by the guy is that (a) he sat and listened, and (b) he called on her phone, hardly grounds for calling police or *blinks* needing therapy.

Excuse me for being blunt, but the conclusion I draw here is that Fluffy-Handcuffs said: Much overblown drama. Suggestions to the OP: do something else, take your mind off this. Life's bigger than conjecturing what one other person thinks/wants of you.

Hops.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >