Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Is there anything better than revenge?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CuteNPerky2
Msg: 26
Is there anything better than revenge?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Some of the things i have read as revenge on here are really sick. If your mind is consumed with revenge against someone then you do NOT have a healthy mind kinda a scary one. I feel scared for the people who come in contact with you in the future .. if they do one thing wrong its scary what some sick minds might do. Healthy minds are able to move on with there life...just a hint
 grapeseed
Msg: 27
Is there anything better than revenge?
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:02:17 AM
Ahh revenge, gotta love it. However, this revenge was pretty damn lame ...
 drubedo
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:10:35 AM
ahhh revenge, ironically, unless this thread is deleted, anyone interested in your profile will easily find this thread, and see into your true character. Revenge is a short-sighted theme at beast, and life-altering at worst.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:11:48 AM
good; I don't want anyone to see bunny rabbits and butterflies in my profile...
 elco1980
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:15:37 AM
My idea of revenge is knowing that I am happy and moving on to other and better things! I recently was out of a almost 7 year relationship and living with the girl and yes i have my moments since it only happened recently but even though it does hurt I am better off and happier and she knows i am moving on! To me thats wicked revenge!
 pujakama
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:21:10 AM
the best revenge is living well.

(but your story was funny)

L
 Carol27
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:42:02 AM
If she is as vain as you claim then she will be laughing at how upset you are over your breakup.

The best revenge someone can have is living well.
 souldesires
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:45:50 AM

It would seem like there would be different degrees of revenge the silly kind
and then the serious kind of revenge driven by vindictiveness that is driven and controlled by hate.
I have no such use for these types of emotions in life rather than seeking or looking for revenge
I would ask myself how I participated in what brought me to such circumstances in the first place and take responsibility for My actions.

If some one has wronged Me I try to look at things long term and let forgiveness prevail
at the end of the day I would rather look on the brighter side of things rather than hanging onto resentment and anger.
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:57:02 AM

Healthy minds are able to move on with there [sic] life [sic]

Revenge serves no useful purpose. It's far better revenge when someone has, in your perception, wronged you to move on with your life and be happy. Those who move on with their lives are healthier, happier and enjoying themselves. The revenge seeker is simply consumed by the negativity surrounding him [or her]. My revenge against one who hurt me was to become healthy [I dropped over 100 lbs] and become happy with my life. That person, to this day, remains solitary. A pity, don't you think?
 My Secret Life
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/11/2006 12:07:43 PM
She is too vain to cut up a picture of herself, but has no problems trying to tear it up?
That doesn’t make a lot of sense.
 ThunderHawkPA
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 12:18:35 PM
That's what I am doing right now. Since October of last year when she first dumped me, I began excercising and cutting out my eating habits. So far, I lost about 50 lbs and dropped 6 pant sizes. I always keep the other revenge in my mind hoping for her new older boyfriend to get an incurable STD. I am doing this not only to improve my self-image, but to show her if/when I walk past her on the street how good I look and how much better I feel.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 12:46:03 PM
God save us from the pathetic Passive Aggressive types!!! (like the gas tank woman)

They are probably worse than the in your face abusers! More devious and cunning...and, of course...cowardly.

Well, your little prank, and subsequent telling of it (trying to get validation) on here is sure to turn every one of the 'thinking' women on here well OFF to you! You see what revenge gets you???

In return for that brief little High....(yeah revenge will always give ya that), You have set yourself back about a light year...and have dissapated a bunch of your precious personal power.

I really hate to stupe to name calling...I try to avoid it usually, but once in a while it just seems to be called for. I have to believe you are just plain "dumb" too! Thats about the immaturity of your prank, and the way you went on and on about how it was sure to really get her. She probably did like I would do.... casually throw the damn thing away without ever really looking at it!!!

Sometimes revenge is called for. In that case, you just go shoot them! ha!
 DrewBond007
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/11/2006 12:53:21 PM
Do what makes you feel right. Everyone has their own ways of coping.
 madamoisele
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/11/2006 12:55:07 PM
Deliberately inflicting harm (physical or psychological) on another living creature in order to feel a rush of pleasure at another person's pain is --- immature. It also tells us all something about you.
 footloose5
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/11/2006 1:07:44 PM
As for the best revenge, It all comes down to good ol' Karma, and yes, it's real, and if that person has been a do~do head, Karma will do its work for you. Just sit back and watch their life hit bottom.
 pec
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/11/2006 1:09:27 PM
Is there anything worse than revenge?
 phat__girl
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/11/2006 1:34:06 PM
the best revenge is to show the other person youve moved on, your stronger & better then that...
 Darkhorse7
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/11/2006 1:37:23 PM
Way lame.No wonder the chick dumped you.
 pinklipstick
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 4:46:05 PM
I'm with Footloose, don't get even, wait for karma. Or, know that revenge MAY hurt her, but, it will/has hurt you. Negative energy, in any form, is bad, bad.
 CuteNPerky2
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/12/2006 4:48:10 PM
I just want to tell you in my experience the best revenge is moving on and being happy. When a person sees you happy without them they realize alot trust me this is true. Its also unfortunatly a good way to get an ex back they get nuts seeing that you dont miss them lol
 killerdogsmooch
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/12/2006 5:07:46 PM
One time I was so filled with anger, fear and hurt that I spent months in a state of constant wanting revenge or payback. Oh, the humiliation of being discarded. Finally, I just walked out my front door and went over to her work and right over to her sitting on a park bench while she was eating her lunch. I had bed head, holy t-shirt, torn pants, and really tired eyes. I looked at her and I saw her as who she really was, a sweet innocent little girl who I married. I saw a little sweety all hurting too. I bent down and said, hello and she smiled and I smiled. I sat beside her and I got the chance to apologize for my angry emails. I said I am very sincere and not being arrogant, and I am truly sorry. I stood up, tears gushing down my face for I still loved her so much and I said, "finish your lunch, good bye.", and she said, quietly in tears, "good bye". I never saw her again . It was an amazing thing to end the brooding by just seeing her face. I saw a human being and it stopped my anger.
 4the1
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/13/2006 6:02:49 AM
Yes there is...Live well...improve your life...you will attract someone worthy of you... Continue this type of behavior every time a relationship goes south...think of all the wasted time and effort...not to mention cost for a moments satisfaction. Use this energy to improve yourself.
 Meleah
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/13/2006 6:04:09 AM
I agree with dahliakitten....God will exact His revenge in His own time. Your best revenge is to go on with your life and live happily ever after with someone better. If she sees you being heart-whole and happy, it will probably bug her more than anything else you could do. Good luck.
 warmestheart55
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/13/2006 6:09:22 AM
well geting on with your life is a better form of revenge, Nerd. Those whom you hate live in your heart rent free. No I didn't dream that up myself but on a personals site. Its very true though. Its better yet to forgive but just keep it in mind when she realises she was wrong in her choices. This goes for guys too. I have seen the ladies hang on like that as well. I have been married twice and both have came to regret their decisions. Only thing they have taught me is to be very careful with my heart and not take it lightly in its giving! Good luck in your search Nerd!!
 pec
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/13/2006 7:05:41 AM
Ok 1. Which God is the god of revenge? Usually when people say "god" they mean the god of abraham who "supposedly" is a god of love and would never have anything to do with revenge since that is a flaw of mans mind.. so why would we think that "god will exact his revenge" at all? and

2. Should we really encourage this person to "go on with your life and live happily ever after" with the motivation of it being the best revenge? Man I'd hate to be the one picked for that.. I doubt you can live happily ever after if the original motivation to do so is rooted in causing someone to suffer..

I don't mean to sound like an ass hole but How is it there are so many people who think revenge is a good thing?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Is there anything better than revenge?