Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 84
Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?Page 2 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Any women UNDER 35 capable of burning a wedding dress.????
 sparticuss
Msg: 85
Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?
Posted: 7/21/2006 4:59:46 AM
Do we have to be genuinely battered?? How about just genuine?
====================================
You have to be genuinely battered Mermaid.

If you were genuine a guy or ten, with half a brain, would have snapped you up and proposed to you by the time you were 20. And you would have had the brains to recognise a good man when you saw one and would have accepted.

The genuinely battered wives were shallow, brainless, bimbos, when they got married. They excused the bashing with "but he loves me" or better still "at least hes a real man" Bruises and scars have knocked some sense into the girls over time and they end up seeking nice guys and NOT real men.

I'm talking their definisitons of real men here, not mine.

My definition of a real man is somebody who rides his Harley home from his vasectomy.
Posted: 7/21/2006 11:38:03 AM
Looks like an interesting subdiscussion on the subject has been added. After attending several singles events with some friends, we got the impression that every woman we met between 30 and 40 at the event was so picky and judgemental that no man would ever be good enough for her. What wsa advertised as a nice relaxing way to meet new people, turned out to be a long drawn out affair with the women dissmissing most of the guys as "Not up to par" (I overheard this at the bar), and the guys we met saying why bother.
We could have gone to a bar for the same experience for much less. We will not attend those events anymore.
I would like to explain this pickyness explained. I fear that those picky, judgemental women will be alone for a very long time.
 MrGordonGecko
Msg: 101
Posted: 7/22/2006 6:30:52 PM
Ten years ago, I probably was more open to the idea of marriage, but I spent the time working on my career instead.

I can honestly say that anyone I know born in my generation, all of the guys who were married are now either divorced and financially destroyed or stuck in a loveless bitter marriage. Now I'm sure there are happily married people in the world, but I think they are the exception rather than the rule.

I realize that time is on my side here. As I get older, as long as I stay healthy and have my finances in order and no baggage, I can still get married. Yes some things will be more complicated with age, but its not so glaring in general for men. However I don't believe time is on the side of women at my age. Many I see in my day to day interactions already have kids, divorces and emotional wreckage from previous relationships.

Do men age better than women? I think thats kind of a generalization there. Some people just age better than others. But do I think that men tend to age better in the eyes of society and in the realm of dating compared to women? I think I can safely say yes, they do, as long as they have health and money.
 bobbill
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/11/2006 7:05:28 AM

"long term" relationships really means "try and sleep with you until

You sure they are 25? And they haven't had a relation with a woman yet? Serious emotional problem here. Might still be looking for mommy, or chance to cut the string.
 opt
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/12/2006 11:08:21 AM
Why dont you try looking for a MAN that you can bond with and just not worry about "Marriage" as yet... putting the cart before the horse...
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/12/2006 6:13:11 PM
I thought I was, but it turns out, it's hard enough just to get a date let alone anything that leads to a relationship of any kind.
 designingwoman
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2006 8:48:27 PM
I would love to find that special someone to marry, but I am not going to marry just anyone. I want to marry the man who is right for me, and he feels that I am right for him.

It is important to point out that being married is something I strongly desire. The right man will support and encourage me through thick and thin. I am the kind of woman who will support and encourage my mate through good times and bad times.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2006 4:43:33 PM
Mommy, marry me.

I want happiness, the right women will wrap me around her finger and institutions be not so damned.
 danny0106
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2006 6:08:58 PM
Yes but I would not jump the gun.I belive in takeing time to be sure that both want the same things out of the relationship.
 NiceOne40
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2006 8:24:38 PM
I can only speak for myself. If I found a woman who has the same outlook in life. Most of all not be so worried about material things. I personaly can't put a dollar figure on Love. I have found most women do. I see any woman who is worth having keeps there eye out for some thing better & always plays with flirts that come her way. So in closing I am very nervous about getting hookup with anyone. But do entertain the thought of finding my solemate.
 Singanddance
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/16/2006 6:36:14 PM
I have a sense that there are as many men (over 35) looking to marry as there are women looking for marriage. But they have a lot of the same problems women have. It sure seems like we're kind of complaining about the same things all the time... men complain that women are focused on money and take them to the cleaners... women complain that men just want sex and are always looking for someone younger. And most of us are single here, so I guess we have a lot of the same problems.

But sometimes I think that people want to blame it on the opposite sex (particularly the people they've met and dated, or married) because finding a partner doesn't come easily to them. Sure, I've met men that haven't interested me, and some who've even scared me a little, but I can choose, so I give them the respect they're due as a fellow imperfect human and I walk away (quickly, if needed ). There isn't one person I've met online that didn't have some beauty about them. If they don't seem right for me? I'm not going to blame them for that. There can be no harm in leaving people feeling better for having known you, if that can be managed at all.

And people in relationships aren't universally happy either, let's not forget that. The percentage of surviving marriages that are happy has been estimated to be around 50%, I'll bet that the percentage that felt they were with their "soul mate" was quite a bit lower than that. It seems like we're all journeying, and that for many of us, our journeys are mate-less for a time, maybe a long time. And that has its pain. But it isn't the opposite sex's fault that we haven't found what we're looking for, and if we attract people who treat us poorly, then we just have to learn how to attract people who treat us better. You can only change that which you acknowledge responsibility for.

I feel confident I'll meet him someday. If not in this lifetime than in some other. I can feel his presence out there, I just need to be my best self in the meantime, and treat everyone as well as I can manage (and I make a blanket apology to everyone in the universe for my behavior on PMS days!).
 sparticuss
Msg: 142
Posted: 8/18/2006 2:30:39 PM
This is by no means a proposal or a desperate search for a husband. LOL

MEN .... I'm just curious! Are any of you on here SERIOUSLY looking for a long term relationship with hopes of it leading to marriage?
=================================
There's a third possibility though.

Thats it's just another excuse to gripe and moan about men.
 sparticuss
Msg: 143
Posted: 8/18/2006 2:38:51 PM
I think alot of men over 35 have been to the show (marriage) at least once, and for some it turned out to be a horror show.

And maybe they are'nt interested in a sequel.

At least not right away
==========================
Understatement of the year.

Now ladies! Listen up.!

Suicide, due to post divorce trauma kills on in thirteen divorced men.

Compare that to less than one in a thousand rape victims who suicide.

Thats right ladies. Divorce traumatises men MORE than rape traumatises women.

Now think long and hard about that. Would you blame a rape victim if she was cautious about blind dates or blind alleys. Of course you wouldn't. And I don't blame you.

But marriage.

A guy, suffering badly from post divorce trauma, who had tried to suicide once already, approaces the posssibility of marriage more cautiously this time and its all moan moan moan.

You moan when the men don't show you sensitivity. Show these damaged men a thousand times the sensitivity or just forget the idea of marriage completely.
 Rebellious
Msg: 145
Posted: 8/18/2006 4:26:19 PM
Posted By: leafchick(d1450267) on 5/10/2006
Subject: Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?

This is by no means a proposal or a desperate search for a husband. LOL

MEN .... I'm just curious! Are any of you on here SERIOUSLY looking for a long term relationship with hopes of it leading to marriage?

I'm asking because it seems all of the men (in my past online dating experiences) that say they are looking for "long term" relationships really means "try and sleep with you until someone else better comes along". LOL

I do NOT want to "try and sleep with you", I'm well fed without trying hard. WTF, are you all jaded in this thread?

I loved being married, I adored my wife, and my purpose in life was to spoil her. I've always wanted to have 2 daughters, and I'm still hopeful.

vnjohnboy
Msg: 146
Posted: 8/19/2006 4:40:04 PM
Most times, when assuming we tend to make mistakes. All men were not created equal, at least not in this instance. I would love to meet a woman I felt strongly enough to ask to marry. It's still open.
 sparticuss
Msg: 148
Posted: 8/26/2006 2:31:55 PM
I think men knows in their little mind who they want to marry and looking for the closetest one in mind.
===========================
This m girl is the reason so many men are NOT looking to get married. If I described all the women in the world as stupid bimbos there would be an uproar. You have done the same thing when you used the words "little mind".

If men are not looking to marry you it's because your atitude towards them absoloutely stinks.
 WakeDan
Msg: 149
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:18:58 PM
Let me tell you something I have learned.

If a woman likes to use language like that, LET THEM. It is basically a tattoo on their forehead that advertises their dislike for men.

As a man, you WANT TO KNOW who these women are.

So anytime you see a woman post something demeaning to men, all you have to do is eliminate her from your list and let your friends know.

It makes it much easier to see the wonderful women who continue to hope for love despite some of the jerks they run into.
 Cereal
Msg: 152
Posted: 8/28/2006 6:39:05 AM
i'm always looking for a relationship/longterm ...marriage? i guess so..i've been married twice and both ended badly for me...i'm looking for a twelve step program in character judgement...i guess for me to concider marriage ever again, she would have to be a very special lady... lets just say i'm now very picky and very gun shy, but the right woman could possibly change that attitude.....
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 156
Posted: 8/29/2006 12:26:14 PM
It is nice to hear some guys giving sincere responses on this.
I would like to hear more, too!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >