Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 159
Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?Page 3 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
One question for you: Then why do I have so many female friends on online dating sites telling me a different story. Seems of the 8 of us... all met men that were looking for long term and yet all they wanted was "SEX". ==============

================================
This answer isn't just for you Leaf Chick I'ts for all the girls and it covers the male attitude to sex.

1/Men rarely turn down an offer of sex. This does not mean that they are only ever after sex.

2/ A man who is after sex is sometimes only after sex and just as often after something morre.

3/ Women are so conditioned to viewing themselves only as brainless sex objects that they see even basic social civility as a pick up attempt.
(Before anybody starts throwing tantrums about this one consider this. I've seen numerous photo on womens mantlepiecies of themselves wearing wedding gowns, or ball gowns, or prom gowns.
But I've only ever seen two displaying photos of themselves wearing graduation gowns. And one of theose was my mum)
 Backincaliagain
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?
Posted: 6/8/2007 11:21:27 PM
I didn't really feel as though I was ready for marriage until I had hit 30. Of course at 35 people started looking at you funny (no I'm not gay)... I did get married and it ended up being to the wrong person and now here I am again a little older and a lot wiser. So I would say yes, there are a lot of men over 35 who are seriousy looking for marriage.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/9/2007 12:36:56 PM
Read my profile, if you can come to any other conclussion, let me know, I need to change something. I want this so bad, I'm planning on sailing around the world to find her.
 upuralley
Msg: 166
Posted: 6/9/2007 5:16:16 PM
Nope, lets just use eachother for awhile, then part. i save a hole bunch of money, and i can save a hole bunch of money.

until the laws change.. nope.
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/9/2007 10:01:15 PM
we have to split hairs on this one....
men who wanted to be married probably have been by the time they are 35
if they are here things did not work out and they have doubts or continuing responsibility
of course we would like to have a long term relationship
but marriage is not with out its consequences'
so, no, you cant sell us snake oil no more ........

well, maybe....
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/10/2007 9:13:22 AM
I think I would again if the right girl came along.

Even though the last one ended badly, and on one hand I think "how can I ever trust anyone again" I have to remember, the next person isn't the last person and deserves a fair shake.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/10/2007 11:55:28 AM
Of course I'm not going to say "wow that was a great first date, lets get married"

LOL
 Seavoyage
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 4:53:49 PM
I am not over 35, but I am going to hit 35 soon. I am definitely into serious relationships, and would, with the right girl, propose to her, and have hopefully a blessed relationship. I have learned that somethings we take for granted when we are very young shouldn't be taken for granted.... Sleeping with someone is nice, but if it is someone you really care about it is better for me...
 jclamb42
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:24:18 PM
I am 48 and have been divorced for 19 years. I have been looking to get remarried ever since I got divorced, and have even been engaged twice. But I have not been in a relationship for over 2 years now and it seems I have reached an age that woman want someone that is settled down with a house and security. I am not able to give a girl this because I am still going to school and have been struggling financially.

My question for you is are there any woman out there not looking for money and wants to marry an attractive man that is fun to be with and wants to start a life together, and not fit in to someone elses life that already has what he wants?
 jadegreen
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2007 6:38:10 PM
I think I read some kinda statistical study one time about men settling down after age of 37. I think according to the study (do not quote me about this cause don't know how accurately I am recalling ) when a man reached 37 he would either settle down and look for marriage partner or continue to love being single. If he chose to stay single and not seriously pursue a marriage partner or more serious relationship after 37 he was considered less likely to ever "settle down" according to the statistcs...I hope I explained that well....don't know if i did...lol....
 scorpiomover
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2007 6:21:58 PM
I would love to get married. But I am not marrying anyone just because they are the next person to ask me, or the next person to date me. Nor am I going to marry someone until I am sure.
I WANT TO MARRY FOR LOVE!
 mars_to_venus
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2007 11:26:42 PM
It just has to be the right person. I don't care how much of a player a guy is or isn't , the right woman will break him like a egg shell.
He will be on one knee in no time...lol!!
 rbheinz57
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2007 7:34:44 PM
I am someone who has "long term" listed in my profile but I am certainly not going to skip over the getting to know u part. Thats the most important part of it isn't it? Long term to me means for life, not 7 years. Thats not very long. I am not in a rush to get married, but it is something that I would eventually like to do.
 mr.chipper
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/17/2007 12:51:58 PM
Im always looking for long term, but they never seem to last too long. hell if im attracted to someone, it usally means physically as well as mentally. but were all just animals arent we? the first twinge is visual, right. if the relationship leads to sex, great. but its not all about the sex, theres so much more in a relationship that needs to be addressed, in oreder to move forward. so iguess what im saying is if sex comes up great, if more awesome! love is very sexy!
 music_man_canada
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2007 1:44:04 AM
Absolutely. I AM 35, and I've never been married :D ten years of my life has gone by single.. I just haven't gotten around to the numbers game yet ;) Besides, I'm not entirely sure that the women I've met on this site are serious about meeting up.. but I'm all for the idea.. someday.. guess I just wanna see if they've got a quality best friend side for me first :D
 Spartycus
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2007 7:34:27 PM
Yep !.. I am looking for long term with a ring at the end of my rainbow.
 ekosyt
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2007 9:21:35 AM
yup....iam....you know whats good about being single....nothin....a monogamous relationship is my natural state....i like providing for and looking out for someone.ok so don't let that get around though you'll ruin my bad reputation..lol....
 capegardengirl
Msg: 201
Posted: 6/26/2007 10:38:07 AM
Mike...I so agree with you about the serial dating experience..There is a big part of me that really doesnt like dating at all because of the uncertainty and stress involved...I also hate being looked at and judged immediately as "desirable" or not without the man even getting to know me as a person....It makes me feel like a piece of meat at a grocery store....Very dehumanizing....Being quite sensitive, Ive never really gotten used to that....I realize its a part of the dating process and understand the whole "chemistry" thing importance but I sometimes feel too much is made of that and men quickly dismiss candidates who might end up being their long term partner if they had just stuck it out and gotten to know the woman better as a person first rather than just her breast and hip measurements..
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 202
Posted: 6/26/2007 9:55:24 PM
"The men who say they are looking for long term relatinships are not kidding. They are."

One question for you: Then why do I have so many female friends on online dating sites telling me a different story. Seems of the 8 of us... all met men that were looking for long term and yet all they wanted was "SEX". "

leafchick, I have had the same experience as your friends, and I think there are two potential reasons:

a) some of the men are less than honest about what they actually want

If the the men in this category would be more honest no one would need to be hurt because there ARE women who are looking for physical relationships for whatever reason--even if it's only for a short phase in her life. I think these men are uncomfortable with the idea of women being interested in that type of relationship and have to play the mind games to balance that out.

b) some of the men ARE geniuinely looking for a lasting marriage or relationship but not with ME

After all, MY profile indicates that I want a lifemate, and I have dated many men from online. I am still single, but I didn't lie about what I'm looking for. I just turned out not to be compatible with the men I have met so far. That's part of what dating is--meeting people and getting to know them and deciding if you really enjoy that person's company and respect him/her. Unfortunately, sometimes we have been physically involved before realizing that we weren't c0mpatible.

Maybe some of the men are experiencing that too--meeting a woman and getting involved and then deciding that's not really the person they want the whole shebang with.

Nutt
 PETEYQ
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 7:05:11 PM
Never been married and never really thought about it till recently......i WANT to belive in love BUT i really question if people where meant to be together forever. All my friend's who have gotten married are now divorced OR there married and very very unhappy, all i can hope for is to defy the odd's.
 joebobbriggs
Msg: 222
Posted: 9/1/2007 5:42:32 PM
Absolutely - Yes - would like to find a wife. But, I 'm not looking for someone to 'run' my life - I know how to do that.

Seeking a 'companion' - an equal - not a boss, not a director - not a list maker - rather a woman who wishes to be a trusted partner in an adventure.

I haven't found many women that meet that description on POF.

If you don't 'need' a man - then I don't need you.

JoeBob
 funlovingman07
Msg: 225
Posted: 9/3/2007 12:45:55 PM
iv been married once i jumpped into it to fast.
id get married again but want to get to know the lady pretty good first
dont want to make the same mastake twice
 saucisse
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2007 4:04:04 PM
Definitely. I would get married again to the right lady. I don't understand why people choose to be so bitter and jaded. That's no way to live your life.

Marriage is hard.

I don't know of a good thing that isn't.

cypher7
Msg: 228
Posted: 9/3/2007 8:33:17 PM
Well i miss your age mark by one year (as i am only 34) by i'll chime in anyways---Yes , I am
Gary
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >