Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?Page 41 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
well ngnovelty, i hope you'll not miss the target with this post ;)
 Hybridized
Msg: 922
Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?
Posted: 8/9/2012 8:02:22 PM
Any WOMEN over 30 willing to reply to a well thought out message?

>:-|
 tmacnm1
Msg: 924
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:18:39 PM
Yes i am looking for ltr then leading to marriage and someday have a family of my own
 tmacnm1
Msg: 925
Posted: 8/14/2012 5:20:03 PM
i agree on that one
 liftnw8z
Msg: 926
Posted: 8/15/2012 7:19:35 PM
Definitely in no hurry here, but I wouldn't say no if the circumstances were right.

I went through a very messy divorce (fortunately no kids involved) that left me nearly broke and probably days short of being homeless. She was a "devout Christian girl" that put me in the wringer something horribly through lies, deceit, and a whole other host of issues. While I've managed to financially and physically rebuild my life, it's taken a long time to utter the words "I love you" to my best friend, who so happens to be female.

So with that all said, trust is slow to be given, which is key to any relationship so I am slow to worry about marriage. It's all good.
 YesItsMeAKS
Msg: 927
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:21:14 PM
Yes, I do believe these sites are a quick way for men to cheat on there wives and just bet a quick lay before they get the "real thing"! That's what many women on here think about me! Yes, sex is very nice, but if you really want to be truly happy and get married, you have to find out everything you can about her!
 Just_Me-25
Msg: 929
Posted: 1/10/2013 9:55:43 PM
Yes, I want that special someone
 ANTHETITIC
Msg: 931
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 1:16:38 PM
LEAF CHICK HERE IS MY RESPONSE TO YOUR QUESTION. AT A CERTAIN AGE MOST MEN WANT TO SETTLE DOWN BUT TO SPEAK FOR MYSELF, I'M 38 I HAVE NO KIDS & I WILL SETTLE DOWN WITH THE RIGHT ONE, IF SHE COMES INTO MY LIFE & TIMING ON HER PART & MY PART ARE RIGHT, WE WILL DO THE DAMN THING, HAVE A FAMILY ETC. MOST WOMEN ARE WATCHING THE CLOCK & WANT TO BE MARRIED IN A BAD WAY & MEN PICK UP ON THAT & SOME TAKE ADVANTAGE & USE IT TO THEIR ADVANTAGE. I WANT TO GET MARRIED BUT I WILL NOT SETTLE JUST TO GET MARRIED. WHEN IT COMES TO MEN WE DON'T SPEND ALOT OF TIME THINKING ABOUT GETTING MARRIED, WE ENJOY LIFE & ALLOW THINGS TO HAPPEN, ALOT OF WOMEN SPEND TOO MUCH TIME THINKING & WANTING TO GET MARRIED TO THE POINT WHERE YOU CAN SMELL THAT VIBE ON THEM, WHICH CAN ALSO BE MISTAKEN FOR DESPARATION. I HAVE COME ACROSS A LOT OF WOMEN IN MY LIFE & I HAVE ONLY WANTED TO MARRY ONE. WOMEN WHO SPEND TIME ENJOYING & LIVING LIFE & ARE CONFIDENT, INTELLIGENT, SENSIBLE & EMOTIONALLY STABLE AND DON'T NAG & ARGUE OVER LITTLE THINGS, IN MY OPINION GUYS USUALLY ARE LINING UP TO LOCK THEM DOWN. WOMEN THAT DON'T HAVE A LIFE OF THEIR OWN & ARE TRYING TO SPEND EVERY MINUTE WITH A GUY END UP WITH HEADACHES AND HEARTACHES. QUESTION THAT EVERY WOMAN & MAN NEEDS TO ASK THEMSELVES IS IF YOU AREN'T GETTING OUT OF LIFE WHAT YOU WANT, WHAT IS IT ABOUT YOU THAT IS KEEPING YOU FROM RECEIVING IT, THE REASON MAYBE YOURSELF. THE ANSWER RESIDES IN SELF REFLECTION, MOST PEOPLE AREN'T OBJECTIVE ENOUGH TO GET THE ANSWER.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 932
Posted: 1/11/2013 10:40:41 PM
the men who really wanted to get married unfortunately were men who had some kind of health problems or jobless or cuckoo!
 cavalier641
Msg: 934
Posted: 1/14/2013 6:25:57 PM
Yes, I do want to get married and everthing that goes with it. But I will continue to have a good and happy life either way.
 daysleeper5
Msg: 935
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 12:24:28 AM
Yes.

(lol...my shortest post ever)
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 936
Posted: 1/15/2013 9:03:50 AM
the men who really wanted to get married unfortunately were men who had some kind of health problems or jobless or cuckoo!

I think anyone 35+ "looking to get married" while being single is going to be aloof. You should be looking to get married with someone you've already been in a solid, established, LT relationship with. Some people, girls & guys, want to get married for the sake of being married. Clue to that? They want to get married when they're not seeing anyone. Wtf? lol

Again, a person should be looking for relationship-quality/matchable women. To make a(n American) football analogy, you go for the first downs and move the chains... you don't throw hail-marys in desperation toward the end zone from your own 20 yard line right after half-time.
 jtlooker
Msg: 937
Posted: 1/15/2013 1:22:00 PM
been there done that....would i do it again? yes but she would have to steal my heart which is locked up pretty tight after my last experience
 RomanticGearhead
Msg: 938
Posted: 1/15/2013 6:01:23 PM
Don't male bash. The truth is a player knows they are better off being honest and safe as being a stated "player". Everyone is different. You have to tell your man what your expectations are and he should tell you. If you haven't done that yet, that is probably why you might be confused and have failed so far. I'm finding this out now too from my experiences with women that thought all men were players; and it was the source of shamelessness in their decisions to be slutty without discussion.
 SCD00
Msg: 941
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:30:36 PM
I personally believe there are plenty of men over 35 who wish to find a relationship and have it progress towards marriage. Being one myself I can state with fact, that I want this very much, but I also I believe the older both men and women get the more stuck in there ways they become. Most people over 35 who are looking, have either been married or lived with someone long term, and unfortunately looking cautiously at everything aout a new girlfriend/boyfriend. None of us want to repeat the mistakes of our youth nor wish to find themselves dating again in another ten years. It is a complex situation that we only get past when we truly open up to our new significant others, listen, really listen to the things they like and dislike... ie. if a person says they enjoy curling up on a couch with someone watching tv, and you prefer to go go go, but you think they're hott so you date them and 3 months later you wonder why your out fishing again... U DIDN"T LISTEN! talk, listen- give, receive- ask, tell
Ask yourself, do you really want a great girl/guy, or do you really want a hot girl/guy? How many women/men do you reply to? Do you only reply to those that are skinny, overweight, brunette, blonde, tall, short? The ideal person for you may be the person you blew off or skipped past because they weren't exactly what you're used to... just sayin
We all wanna live, laugh, love... Take a chance on the "geeky ones" they may surprise you!
 Warrior_Poet74
Msg: 942
Posted: 1/30/2013 8:48:09 PM
I'm definitely looking for long term leading to marriage, and I will absolutely not sleep with any woman who has no chance of being the one. And as soon as I realize that any chance that was there has been reduced to zero, then it ends.

Granted, this hasn't exactly happened often, but that's how it's gone down so far.

I know, this probably makes me pretty unique, but hey... I like being unique.
 bottleguy
Msg: 943
Posted: 2/2/2013 6:58:23 AM
I would be interested in marrige, but becuase of my financial situation, the woman would probably have to make more money than me for it to work out. I can barely take care of myself, much less anyone else.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 945
Posted: 2/11/2013 5:53:42 PM
I am, but MANY women out here in Socal are delusional with their laundry list of unattainable "wants" from men.
 JenSnider
Msg: 946
Posted: 2/11/2013 9:31:37 PM
I think that this thread is asking too general a question. There are men out there in their early 20s who say they have no interest in ever getting married. The same with men in their 30s, 40s, 50s....you name it. There are women who feel the same way. There are also men who want to get married, and will propose to a girl after only a few weeks of dating. The same goes for some women out there.

I do know this-if you are a person who wants to get married someday, and your partner says they don't, then you need to find somebody else, because you will not change their mind, and one day you'll wake up and realize that you have compromised your wants and needs to give them the life that they want, while you haven't gotten what you need. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can change what they want out of life, and don't think that they will marry you just to make you happy. Why should they, when you've sacrificed your happiness for them?
 JKURB
Msg: 947
Posted: 2/12/2013 3:40:26 PM

I do know this-if you are a person who wants to get married someday, and your partner says they don't, then you need to find somebody else, because you will not change their mind, and one day you'll wake up and realize that you have compromised your wants and needs to give them the life that they want, while you haven't gotten what you need. Don't fool yourself into thinking you can change what they want out of life, and don't think that they will marry you just to make you happy. Why should they, when you've sacrificed your happiness for them?

I guess I could see people that are religious putting a value on a religious ceremony pair-bonding people. It's part of their belief system. Other than that, it's just a civil license. Nothing romantic about a state defined legal contract of rights & responsibilities, quite a few of which you can get without actually getting the license.

It's not a forever guarantee either, as shown by the 50% divorce rate. In fact, I wonder how many people would want to sign a marriage contract that in no uncertain terms had NO way to dissolve the partnership, and stiff legal penalties for not following a state defined set of rules defining the partnership.

That would be pretty crazy, but this is crazy too:

"Here, sign this piece of paper and I'll be happy because it'll make this relationship REAL! Well, first I might require a 2 months salary non-refundable deposit (i.e. a ring), and don't even think of being unromantic by adding another piece of paper adding modifications to the preset state rules! (i.e. a prenup)"

It's not always like that, of course, but it's not uncommon either.

They should let people actually custom setup all of the terms of that license in advance, including percent division of future assets in the case of dissolution, custody percentages, alimony, etc. Then, if you sign on the dotted line, and things go to **** later, you can't complain you got taken, and hopefully less money would go to divorce lawyers. Yeah, there'd still be some traffic due to asset hiding and other tomfoolery, but you get the idea.

Otherwise, the present system isn't that great, which is why many, especially those who have done it once, are less likely to do it again, especially with an approximate 70% divorce rate for 2nd marriages. I don't see where buying into that business deal is required for happiness in a relationship.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 948
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 3:52:45 PM
At one time I wanted to get married but seeing all of my friends hitting the skids w the big D and I dont mean Dallas.Its given me something to think about as Ive gotten older finally Ive been able to buy get the things Ive wanted.I wouldnt want to have to lose it all in a divorce.Im not a selfish person either its just in this day and age if I lose my shirt or roof over my head no one is gonna look out for number 1
 dsorlando
Msg: 949
Posted: 2/21/2013 2:26:57 PM
BOOM! Well put!
Its def not what it was when I was a kid. Parents tried to work it out. But at the same time I would want my parents to be happy. If not together then single.
 shine1274
Msg: 951
Posted: 2/22/2013 10:19:56 AM
As years pass, it seems more and more unlikely. I get pickier and more set in my ways. For me, it seems I am becoming more and more self centered as I age alone.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 952
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:19:01 PM
When I was 22 I wanted the kids and wife and at that age what I didnt realize was no one else at that age did.As I get older and older it seems Im getting more and more selfish and set in my ways.I got a great job,my own home,my bikes can come and go as I like when I want and have no one bugging the crap outta of me.What more could I want as charlie sheen puts it.LOL
 rgvmale
Msg: 953
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:42:45 PM
Really rocking ?? In my early 20's, mid 20's, and late 20's (for most part) I didn't want anything to do with kids or a wife, I just wanted to be a hard charger lol..It wasn't until around 30 (latter half of late 20's) that I wanted kids/wife/settle down/etc..I guess having most of if not all your friends from high school and other family members settling down, having kids changes you in profound ways..plus when I was in my 20's I was either focused/partying in school and or in the Army (also for a period of 1-2 years I just withdraw into myself and another 1-2 years of just having fun with new $ I had when I got my first job out of college)..Who knows maybe when I am your age and still don't have any of those things I might have a diff. viewpoint on things....this sucks, life sucks lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >