Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 durfwood
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?Page 5 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
I am absolutely interested in it if that is where the relationship goes.

There are so many dynamics to get to that point though. Remember the first person you lived with, how many "little things" drove you nuts at first with them? Well when you are young and eager for love you put up with alot of that and work through it, now that people (men over 35) have been through that routine (propably several times depending on how long they have been single) you find yourself not wanting to have to "settle" for putting up with quirks and want to find the person that you may find has no quirks or has quirks you find adorable.

I know that person is out there for me and when I find her I would absolutely marry her.

Darren
 greeneyes919
Msg: 307
Any men over 35 seriously looking to get married?
Posted: 12/23/2007 8:05:19 PM
Leaf chick,
I have only posted in these forums one other time but I wanted to let you know you are not alone in wanting to be a mom and hoping it is within the next few years. I find myself saying I'd like to be a mom by 42 but deep down inside keep my expectations real that it may be a few years after that.

My background I'm 38, married once to someone who went to have surgery so he could not have kids, I left him the one and only time he hit me. I'm not bitter nor do I carry any baggage from that relationship. It ended 4 years ago, I've had the time to grieve, heal and move on but I also learned a hard lesson through all that. I will not settle when I do say I do next time, I truly believe that people can be happily married if they take the time to get to know each other, there needs to be some areas where they agree on such as having children, being faithful to each other, sticking it out in good times and bad.

I've had friends male and female that have been hurt, lied to, deceived it's all about the two individuals are the in balance when they are together.

Well that's my two cents for what it is worth. Good luck to you all. Jenny
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 308
Posted: 1/6/2008 9:26:35 PM
If definitely do, so much so that I'm planning on sailing around the world to look for her If I don't find her before I shove off. My biggest problem is still wanting kids, most american women think I'm too old if they still want them.
 Bewildered100
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2008 3:49:10 PM
Hell YES! I'm hungry and the laundry is piling up something terrible!!!
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2008 10:39:31 PM
It don't seem to be the case! I am over 35 and looking to get married! Most of the men just want easy,1x,don't care what she looks like sex!
 SDcash
Msg: 313
Posted: 2/25/2008 1:31:29 AM
While I am sure that there are numerous men over 35 that are seeking just a 1 time shake in the sheets. At the same time though I believe that there are also a great number of men that would consider marriage IF the woman came along that really rocked their world.

Personally at 50 I've never been married and I am really not actively seeking out marriage minded woman but that's not to say it is never an option.

I think older men (and women) are more selective and mature about this subject, meaning that we think with our heads and not our hormones.
 snickers06
Msg: 314
Posted: 2/25/2008 11:45:48 AM
Perhaps if you didn't list all of your previous experience - listed as all the things you don't want - in your profile, you might be less of a mark. Maybe some grammar lessons too, "It don't seem to be the case!". If you don't want to live in a trailer park, perhaps you should stop acting like you do .... your pics don't really let us know that you want us to look past your boobs.
 Tech_Kn0w
Msg: 315
Posted: 2/25/2008 4:31:22 PM
I'm 37, and I'm definitely looking for Ms. Right, but I don't have any kids yet. I hope to one day, with the right woman, but it's not easy meeting nice women that date guys my age, who are interested in starting a family someday too. If single moms were on my menu I'd have a lot more options, but I have waited this long without becoming a single dad myself, I wouldn't want to settle now.
 RhynoLoo
Msg: 318
Posted: 2/25/2008 8:34:48 PM
Well to start.. I'm m/36. That really is a generalization. Though I haven't read other threads, and could sound repetitive, I'll give you my take.. GREAT team btw (from the Toronto area). ;)
Men don't generalize. If the right woman comes along, they will act on it. But I would imagine it's mostly because men don't plan. They live in the moment. So with that said, I really don't think it's about sleeping with someone until the right one comes along. Just my two cents. :)
 quietcowboy
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2008 4:12:28 PM
I would get married again if I met a woman that was my best friend and I wanted to be with her 24/7. Been divorced once. Going in my only marriage, I wanted kids, a mother for my kids, being married like everybody else I knew that was married. Now all I want is someone that I enjoy being with and I can get old with.
 randomstoic
Msg: 322
Posted: 2/26/2008 10:02:31 PM
I think that marriage is the natural outgrowth of a long-term relationship and something that I bear in mind. However, I do not need to be married and would prefer some time of cohabitation before entering into marriage. I want the initial magic to fade so the marriage comes after the adjustment stage.
 CHALOMAN
Msg: 323
Posted: 2/26/2008 11:13:44 PM
YES, speaking for myself. The problem with me is, I want a woman with NO kids. I don't have kids, so I expect my woman not to have kids. This is not to say that I don't want kids. Any women out there that don't have 2,3,4,5,6 kids out there??????
 brownnie
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2008 11:04:07 AM
Hi leafchick i am 37 and was married i loved every minut of it! My profile say,s long term and i mean long term i miss the open arm,s of a loved one! Alot of guys my age have been married and are afraid of commitment especialy if they were in a bad marriage!
 D Laurier
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2008 8:55:45 AM
I used to realy want a marriage and family. (still do, but accepting reality)
I would be happy with someone who wants to move in and share life .. (But again how many women want that???)
And I know that I can be a difficult person to live with.... So where does that leave me?

If I meet someone who I can click with... And if things work out.... Then absolutely, I'd go for marriage.
 hilltop70
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2008 7:42:09 PM
i wold settle for meeting someone i would consider marrying that seems to be the biggest hurdle
 crayonzz
Msg: 331
Posted: 3/7/2008 9:47:03 PM
I actually think its funny to hear a guy say that 7 years is not a long time it is a long time but more to the point to hear a man say he is scared of divorse.
===============================
Rocein

Ten years ago one of my brothers divorced.
Last year another brother and a cousin divorced.

- In all three cases thier exes instigated the divorces.
- One brother ended up with fifty percent of combined assetts and his ex had also brought a good fifty percent of the combined assetts to the relationship.

- The other ended up with less than twenty percent and his ex brought to the relatinship little more than the clothes on her back.

- But the cousin is the one who copped it worst. He married in his late forties and the marriage only lasted five years. And his ex also bought nothing to the marriage. But she not only sued him for his house. She also sued him for a lifetimes superannuation. Not just the super earned during the marriage.
He's destitiutie. He rents, and he owns the clothes on his back and some furniture. He will NEVER be able to retire becasue of the way the divorce decimated his superannuation. He will have to work till he dies.

Are you starting to understand me Rocien?
Are you perpared to sign a pre marital constract stating that, in the even of divorce, rregardless of who instigates it, you ex gets the children, the home, your superannuation, the lot?
Of course you arent! I don't blame you.

But this is what the man signs every time he signs a marriage contract.
 Next_Action_Hero
Msg: 335
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 11:33:04 PM
I've been married, and that was a disaster, since my former spouse turned out to be a sociopath.

I've dated women who always seem to have a mental and/or physical disorder (I've dated a girl with MS and a girl with diagnosed bipolar disorder). The emotional setbacks would be enough, but they come with some hefty financial ones, too. The only woman I've dated who had a great libido, body, and personality is 15 years my senior, so there's really no future with that. She will get old before I do, and the possibility of a family is nil.

So if I am ever stupid enough to actually consider getting married again, then the woman in question had better be too good to pass up, and be very compatible with me.
 shanedk
Msg: 339
Posted: 3/15/2008 12:13:03 PM
My answer is, absolutely! Further, I'm not interested at all in finding someone to sleep with "until someone else better comes along." Really, I just don't want to waste my time. There's getting to know people, that's a vital part of the equation, but as far as having a relationship with someone I'd want to think that it was leading to bigger and better things.
 midnightangel0
Msg: 340
Posted: 3/16/2008 7:15:14 PM
hell yes I want to get married and have a family. I just havn't found a woman to trick, err... I mean romance in to marrying me yet.
 jefftn
Msg: 342
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:32:57 PM
i would try it again , but i don't think i'd be good at it .
 cmdr_iceman
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:52:10 PM
It’s kind of ironic for me but I think when it comes to making a romantic commitment like marriage I have found it has become inversely proportional to my age. I got married when I was 19yrs old and it only lasted for three years. It was when I was younger that I was most amenable to the idea of such long term commitments like marriage, children, and cohabitation.

Now at age 36 the last thing I desire is marriage, children, or cohabitation. I have learned that I can exist without those things. I have learned how to be happy with or without the companionship of a woman. What’s more being a husband and father in today’s culture has become so devalued that it is now a thankless existence. And divorce and family courts are quite hostile to the male sex, good luck trying to get a fair shake.
 Birdman660
Msg: 345
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:57:43 PM
I learned the hard way...

Married, without the word "Happily" in front of it is the same as "doing life." It's a life sentence you accidentally give yourself.

Would I like to be Happily Married someday?! Yeah, I wanted that about a decade or so ago... STILL DO... You don't get there by applying the thumbscrews to someone.

BUT I would hate the thought of being a "LIFER!"

That piece of paper is less important to me than it once was...

Native Tahitians have a tradition on marriage. They go through life. Get partners. Have kids and grandkids. Stay together (shock and surprize!) BECAUSE THEY ARE TREATED WELL AND BECAUSE THEY WANT TOO! Not out of some legal obligation that will strip them of kids, cars, money, houses, etc. if they don't...
There is no huge societal pressure to "find someone, settle down, and get married."

In traditional Tahitian culture, Marriage is something they do at the end of your life, as a way of celebrating a life already shared together, things accomplished, etc. Not a promise of a life to come... [Of course, THEY were goddless heathens...]

I can't help wondering if perhaps they got it right, and our society got it wrong!
 cew011473
Msg: 347
Posted: 3/22/2008 12:54:35 PM
I am very interested in getting into a serious relationship. Marriage would be nice but I find it difficult to find anyone that is truly honest and wanting a serious, committed relationship. Either that or they simply have too many issues that get uncovered over a period of time. Issues such as being hung up on an ex, anger problems, mental illnesses (bipolar is common), drugs, alcohol, etc...

I am 35 and I have dated women from 25 - 40 and it seems instability is very common at all ages.

If i find someone dedicated, stable, honest, intelligent and attractive (at least to me) then yes, I would be interested in marriage at my age.
 JestOneFish
Msg: 350
Posted: 3/29/2008 6:02:59 AM
Yes. I am 35 in about a months time, and I long for it. But man, finding someone is the hard part. For my part, and I can see for a few other guys here too, that we're serious about that and theres a reason for us to be here.
 Imtheone7
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 9:49:49 AM
Yes, we are..

Almost all of my guy friends are looking for a great woman to settle down with.

Guys complain that all the good women are married or have boyfriends.. So, how to find the great available women ?

What do you think..?

Jeff
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >