Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SKPLOVINGLIFE
Msg: 50
Has anyone dated someone with asbergers?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I divorced my ex-husband, who was never diagnosed formally with Asperger's but I have my suspicions. I was a medical transcriptioninst for many years for a neurodevelopmental psychologist and the more I typed for her the more I started to recognize that my husband had these same character traits of Asperger's. Unfortunately, our son has it to. My ex-husband is a very hard person to deal with and I have to deal with him because of our son. He makes my life a living hell most of the time because of the fact that he has no empathy for others. He does not believe that he is the cause of anything negative that happens, when in fact it is mostly him. I can take my share of the blame because at the time of our marriage, I didn't completely understand the disorder. Even if I had understood it, I don't think I could have continued to live my life that way. He is now remarried and he and his wife have had thier share of problems, but seem to be making it work...they seem happy, at least in front of me. I was surprised that he even remarried, but am happy for him, especially if he can make it work with her. I'm only happy that I don't have to deal with it on a daily basis, like his wife does.
 minervyx
Msg: 51
Has anyone dated someone with aspergers?
Posted: 12/29/2012 4:33:32 PM
i have aspergers, but i've worked to improve on it to the point where none of the traits are noticable. i don't use it as a crutch, identity or excuse. i don't tell anyone, because i don't need to make an issue out of it.

it's these difficulties that motivated to improve socially, to the point where i'm not just good with people, but i'm great with them.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 52
Has anyone dated someone with asbergers?
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:29:22 PM
I think more likely than not most of us have met people who have maybe a slight case of Aspergers and not even known it. Whether it is diagnosed or maybe so subtle that goes undiagnosed, everyone with it is not the same. It all boils down to an inability to communicate effectively with people or maybe to communicate at in extreme cases. Sometimes it isn't even noticeable, because that person is aware and learned to compensate.
 letshaveacrack!
Msg: 53
Has anyone dated someone with asbergers?
Posted: 2/7/2013 6:52:40 PM
to date an aspenger,,,,,you would need to be nuts,,,get agrip folks,,,thats a rescue me relationship,,if i ever saw one,,,,

No they don`t need any help,, they help you ,,,lol
i dated a girl that had Aspergers 30 yers ago and she is up there as the best lover i ever had.
If i read a profile and she said she had Aspergers i would immidiately be more interested.
Also she vas the most loyal GF i ever had.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >