Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whytwater
Msg: 51
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

That would be too weird it would be a turn off.

Just about everybody who goes on tv, intentionally (lol) is made up, so you're kind of eliminating all actors, politicians, tv evangelists, newscasters (specially the guys at Fox-lol). Oh, and metrosexual guys. Among a host of others.
Probably not a bad decision. Lol.
So, if a lesbian wears make-up, is that icky, too? I still wanna have lunch with Rachel Maddow. I don't care!!! I have no standards. LOL!!
 ilovetoshop
Msg: 52
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 5/2/2009 7:27:12 AM
hell yeah....nothins wrong with that ....c'mon guys its the 21st century !!!
 whytwater
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/2/2009 3:28:27 PM

"guyliner" is gross

so that's a no for me[/quote}

You wouldn't do Johnny Depp as Cap'n Jack???!!! You are one of a kind, I think.
 windloverr
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:00:23 PM
I can unequivocally say I would NOT date a guy who wore make-up. As a matter of fact; even with women, I prefer as little as possible.
 Nick li22
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 8:12:48 PM
you must be kidding. if he wears makeup he is gay.
 cw35
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 4:34:48 AM
I've seen bus ads and posters for a whole line of make up for men recently. I think revlon's making it. One poster was actually lipstick for men. Judging by the severe prejudice and double standard women seem to have when it comes to primping, I'm guessing they'll be losing lots of money with this line of products. What's funny is that in every other species, it's the male that has all the bright colors and the females that are usually bland.
 whytwater
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/4/2009 5:11:43 AM

What's funny is that in every other species, it's the male that has all the bright colors and the females that are usually bland

LOL! Yeah, kinda makes you feel that women who apply red and blue to their lips and eyes, and color their hair yellow/blonde, the most rudimentary (remedial, lol) colors, are really saying that we human males are among the slowest students in the class of creatures. Lol. They may have a point.
 Trishinwi2009
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:13:26 AM
The last man I had a long term relationship with was an entertainer - and he wore makeup...I wouldn't recommend dating an entertainer OR a guy who wears more make up or hairspray than you do....

Use to tick me off when I'd go to do my hair or makeup and couldn't find it or it was gone! LOL!
 Trishinwi2009
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:37:38 AM

This whole threads reminds of the bad guy in Silence of the Lambs when he was putting makeup on in front of the mirror and stuffing his junk between his legs.

The guy from clerks II did a pretty good rendition of that scene too! LMAO!
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/5/2009 1:47:34 PM
Sure.

I was once involved with a man who painted his toenails.

Some guys look hot with makeup. Not all do though.
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/5/2009 1:51:22 PM
People who think like this should be beaten to death.

I'd rather date a guy who wears makeup than a guy who's close minded, biggoted and judgemental.
 fancynanci
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:35:20 PM
No. I don't like men who wear make-up or lots of jewelry. Be a man. I'm the lady.
 HazelRose
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:23:19 AM
As a point of reference, every male species in the animal kingdom looks more beautiful than the female. Only with humans have we decided to reverse the pecking order. Funny. The male butterfly is more dramatic, the male baboon is more vibrant, the male seagull is white, and the male peacock has the great plummage.

In certain parts of Africa, the males make them selves up to be beautiful enough to steal the wives of another man. They win, too.

Alas, tough guys, look into guys like Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep, Joe Montana, Mike Tyson, and Randy "The Ice Pick" Couture for make up tips! Yes, they do wear make up. Welcome to the 21st Century, where male peacocks strut their stuff. Let the dance begin!
 Musique08
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2009 6:36:37 PM
I don't wear make-up myself (other than nail varnish) but I wouldn't care if a guy did. Actually I'd like it if he at least shared my liking for nail varnish 'cause nail varnish is just cool!
 varinia
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:10:33 PM
Plenty of women are drooling over Adam Lambert. Eye liner didn't seem to have hurt his popularity - I'd have have no problem dating him, if he were swinging my way ;-)
 sub girl wanted
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:28:33 PM
Gene simmons woman hasnt done too bad.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:23:44 PM
There are so many times I have wanted to put eyeliner on men I met. I wish men would wear make up especially eyeliner or any make up that will make them look better. I would NOT want to see men wearing Boy George type make up, because that style is for girls. I do NOT want to see men weraring their make up the same style as girls do. There is a masculine way of wearing make up and and a femine way of wearing make up. Alot musicians wear eyeliner in this era. The Egyptians warriors and men during the Cleopatra era worn kohl black eyeliner. I think especially eyeliner and make up enhances everyone.
I am a Licensed Cosmetologist.
 Opusvoid
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 6:45:52 PM
I wouldn't say I've gone that far, but I have been known to go down a pretty gothy path from time to time(that includes lipstick), but what can I say...I'm a metal musician...I like the look. I haven't done it in well over 2 years though and it's not something I do to often anyway. It's cost me a few dates in the past though and all the girls I've met who are generally into that are bisexual...I've got nothing against that, but I couldn't do that myself.
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/4/2011 9:22:13 PM
Last lover, didn't want wrinkles, so instead of doing like ME, the girl, and buying a sun block and using it on my face under my make up, he bought a 36 dollar anti wrinkle surem with tan coloring in it from some fancy pants Mabeline or Sears counter. He was such a damn girl, just ruined it for me.
 azdreaming35
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/5/2011 4:29:47 PM
I can get down with some guyliner, but only if he looks like Synyster Gates with it on. :)
 fresh food
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/17/2012 1:15:06 AM
i knew a woman who dated a man that wears make up and ladies clothes and by day he is a truck driver
 fresh food
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/17/2012 1:15:46 AM
i knew a woman who dated a man that wears make up and ladies clothes and by day he is a truck driver
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/31/2012 6:04:33 AM
i should get beaten up for painting my nails i guess
 angel_devilin1
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/31/2012 7:15:15 PM
Eyeliner, yes. Adam Lambert looks great, to bad he's gay. what a shame!
 puddin_boy
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/1/2012 8:39:59 AM
Some cultures it is a dating ritual for the male to don makeup... Everybody wants to be attractive.
I occasionally dye my gray hair back to normal... I feel more attractive when I do...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?