Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gift
Msg: 126
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 6 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Exactly! I put my make-up on backstage, before I enter the theatre! I wonder how it affects my performance in public
 smack_that
Msg: 127
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:00:50 PM
for the most part i would have to say no, but if he was in a band and maybe just wore a little eye liner i would say ridem cowboy, have u seen some of them sooooooooooooo yummy !!!!
 Ariesgirl003
Msg: 128
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:11:02 PM
No way.......Cuz if he gets all done up he may look better then I do
 Mia828
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:23:39 PM
Sure as long as they don't look prettier then me
 WTTozer
Msg: 130
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:34:38 PM
Real men may eat quiche but they don't wear make-up!!

No, no, no, no, real men don't even eat quiche...

Wearing make-up? Not in this lifetime!!!!
 dangerousground
Msg: 131
Posted: 2/28/2007 9:56:22 PM
Kidding right? Cant go out with a man who may take longer than I do to get ready!
 danishsweetbread
Msg: 132
Posted: 2/28/2007 10:00:58 PM
Hmmm. I used to LOVE men who wore make up...but that was in my youth (punk rocker). I now don't mind a few hair products...but no make up nowadays. I would find myself wanting to scrub his face.
 Paprikash!
Msg: 133
Posted: 4/20/2007 11:34:36 AM
Not if it made him prettier than me! :)
 that sam i am
Msg: 134
Posted: 4/20/2007 7:03:52 PM
even if his name was Miyavi?
 piewhacket
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:24:30 PM
Absolutely, why the hell not, free world!!Would rather be concerned about his character and values. I cannot believe from this thread how narrow minded some people are - then again d'oh!!!
 marla_jam_star
Msg: 136
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:30:14 PM
OOH, thats a fine line to tread on. Pete Wentz works it, Billy Joel works it. Foundation and blush, is a no go, however, im sure there are a few around that could rock the eyeliner.
 YunaLenne
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 2:12:47 PM
hell yes I would.
 Dr. Gazebo
Msg: 138
Posted: 3/2/2009 2:49:09 PM
Rigid stereotypes. Hillbilly responses. Annie get yer gun! I hate faggots! Any man with makeup is not real man! All men eat steak and potatoes. All men like baseball.

Tell me Chris Angel Mindfreak doesnt look cool with eyeliner.
Explain to me why so many politicians and actors use makeup on stage and on camera.
Explain why its wrong to cover ugly zigs and under eye circles with concealer.

I dont wear makeup, I am a makeup artist though and I can see where it has its place.

But what bothers me is the astounding number of women who go on and on about manly men. What, pray tell is a manly man?

a. a dude who hunts?
b. a dude who likes to work on engines?
c. a dude who mostly likes sports?

What is a manly man? Brad Pitt sure doesnt qualify. Hes too busy helping starving kids. Thats not a manly thing to do. Neither is Obama. Hes not manly. Hes educated, erudite and compassionate. Real men dont do compassion, they strut around full of CONFIDENCE, wowing all before them.

Get real, ladies.

Ahh, I see. Its your STEREOTYPE of what your DADDY was. Now it makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Girls: You strut around in track pants, slacks, with short hair styles, you play hockey, you take boxing classes and you own your own businesses.

But somehow thats ok. Double standard.

Mamatatwo
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/2/2009 4:40:00 PM
No "man" should wear make-up in my opinion. Every man I've been with or known has had too much testosterone in their body to want to do that. Some men are into and it's there thing which is fine but not my thing.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 140
Posted: 3/2/2009 7:45:37 PM
Meh, I do it from time to time. Not on a regular basis. Just whenever I feel like doing something a little out there that I know is going to grab people's attention at a show or a party or something.

I'm all for people embracing their natural gender roles. I've addressed that plenty of times on here, but wearing makeup in and of itself doesn't really emasculate a guy (well, not in the way that I do it anyway.... I'm not pulling a Davey Havok or anything). Masculinity generally comes more from how you carry yourself than what you wear. Look at guys like Jerry Only and Mike Ness. They're about as manly as they come. They lose nothing by adding a little bit of eye makeup. They'll stomp your ass and look good doing it.

Most of your typical metro/emo/whatever types aren't wusses because they wear makeup. They were already wusses and started wearing makeup after the fact.
 parklabrea
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 9:16:46 PM
I think it's fine, as long as he's only wearing it on his face. Ahem.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 142
Posted: 3/2/2009 10:24:16 PM
No unless he was an actor.....................
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 143
Posted: 3/2/2009 10:56:04 PM
OK,
Here's my 2 cents worth. I am the woman, therefore I wear the makeup, the nail polish, color my hair, wear earrings ( I can accept small diamond studs or tasteful rings on guys) and any man who usurps my position as the great painted lady will be subject to ridicule and perpetual laughter.
I want my man to be a man, smell like a really nice cologne (but not bathe in it), wear deodorant, keep a check on the unibrow if necessary, but not overdo it, and I swear to high heaven if I catch him flexing naked in the mirror at himself, I will never let him live it down.
 TRiG_Ireland
Msg: 144
Posted: 3/3/2009 4:50:15 AM
Ah, message 53. The first intelligent thing that's been said here yet.

Masculinity and femininity are nebulous concepts, hard to pin down. And they change over time. Look at portraits from the past. The idea that a man's clothes had to be dark and plain is a relatively modern concept. Henry VIII certainly didn't dress like that.

A personal preference is a personal preference. If you don't feel attracted to guys who wear make-up, that's fine. But there's no need to demean them. I don't wear makup myself, and don't imagine myself doing so in the future. It's not an image that attracts me. But if I ever did, would that make me worth any less as a person?

And the guy who said that such men should be beaten to death is revealing his own insecurities. That line might be amusing, if such things didn't actually happen in real life, which they do. In that context, the line is disgusting. The person who posted it and the people who laughed at it should be ashamed of themselves. It's horrible.

TRiG.
 TRiG_Ireland
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/3/2009 4:53:56 AM
qbnpete: "the more society continues to blur lines btwn masculine and feminine the more we as a society will be in trouble."

And you know this how? Or did you just pull it out of your butt?

TRiG.
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 146
Posted: 3/3/2009 4:59:28 AM
Not in a MILLION years............!!!

I haven't read the previous 9 pages,but it'd be a huge turn-off to me,unless he was in the theatre or media and he HAD to wear it.

I love a masculine man.

Hell,i dont even like a guy to wear pink,
 TRiG_Ireland
Msg: 147
Posted: 3/3/2009 5:12:27 AM
In message 142 a chap by the name of Ratero-park-man pontificates at length about the exact ways men and women should behave, laying down the law clearly and distinctly.

He then finishes with "GUYS.... DO NOT let anyone tell you how you are to look. YOU LOOK THE WAY YOU WANT TO LOOK."

I think he's a little confused.

TRiG.
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 5:32:44 AM
No. I also do not date guys with prettier hair than me.
 Tigress
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/3/2009 7:04:26 AM
I think it's ok, unless it's really obvious, like touch-ups. It's a double standard.
Women can wear pants and men's clothes and nobody thinks twice about it. Why should just the female population be able to hide their flaws? Wouldn't it be wonderful if the teenaged boys with acne could conceal it, without people making fun of their makeup? Hey, all the tough guys on TV wear it!
 Queen of Awesome
Msg: 150
Posted: 3/3/2009 7:14:04 AM
I've got no problem dating a guy who wears make-up. Especially if he's gothy and he's got black eyeliner, black nailpolish and the like, I have a such a weakness for that. But even if it's just stuff like covering up bad skin, why not? Unless he's got really bad application and there's an orange line along his jaw haha.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?