Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 126
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 6 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I have to agree with the posters above me. I see absolutely nothing wrong with a man who enhances his appearance. And I completely agree about the eye-liner.
 angelab
Msg: 127
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 12/2/2006 8:23:10 PM
Sure.

A man who can pull off the eyeliner thing and still look darn attractive is speeeeaaactaaaacularrrr.
 flower_faery
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/2/2006 8:33:48 PM
I dated a lot of guys in the mid-late eighties who work makeup, hair spray, etc. They listened to the Cure, the Cult and Depeche Mode. It was the alternative/punk style and it was hot!!! The only guy I have seen "lately" that can totally pull that look off is Lukas Rossi, singer for Rockstar Supernova. I practically swoon over that guy, but my bet is that he looks just as hot without the makeup...those eyes, those lips.... ahhhh, don't get me started!
 flower_faery
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/2/2006 8:41:00 PM
Oops, I don't think I answered the question. If the man I dated wore makeup he would have be a performer like Lukas Rossi for example. Seriously, though, on a daily basis? No, at age 37 I would not date a man who wore makeup.
 MsFortuneHuntin
Msg: 130
Posted: 12/3/2006 8:29:31 AM
Sorry, makeup is for my face only. I could never date a guy who had the need to borrow my lip gloss or mascara. mmmmmmmmm Nope thought about it again - no go.
 Gift
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/5/2006 2:08:04 PM
It's not like I wear it every day
 zazazoom
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/6/2006 1:47:22 PM
lol If a man wore make up I think Id be worried of he were 100% into woman lol..And/or he only wore it to cover up a flaw Id feel like I wasnt good enough maybe cause I is too into perfection..so no I dont think so lol
 Doouglass
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/15/2006 4:49:27 AM
Zomg! When we have a zit we just have to... well...have a zit. Life is just so unfair!
 grifone
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/15/2006 8:57:11 AM
I've adopted the goth aesthetic, and so I routinely wear black nail polish and some eyeliner, especially when I go out. I've learned some important lessons in all this.

To start, yes it's being done in Europe a lot, and european men are not lacking women in their lives, so you can rest assured that this aesthetic is a new way of expressing masculinity, not a feminization of men.

Guys that wear makeup fall under two major categories: those who do it to impress others and those who do it for themselves. In either way, they will definitely be called on it - especially by other men. When this happens, there are two possible reactions - either they are confident and clearly state to the world that this is how they dress and the world is just going to have to get used to it, or they try to smooth-over any tensions.

This kind of conflict between men is something that women scrutinize very carefully. The man that tries to smooth over any conflict is [u]never[/u] respected. But the man that stands tall and, in a clear voice, diffuses the situation by asserting himself will earn tremendous respect from the people around him.

It's happened to me plenty of times, and I've learned that the way the conflict is resolved has actually open doors for me with women that might have otherwise seen me as just another guy.

"what ever happened to men just being men?" ... absurdity. Masculinity is not a static, never-changing concept - new ideas are meant to be introduced, otherwise it would stagnate. People just need to be confident enough to adopt them, or else tolerant enough to accept that them as part of the human masculine identity.
 Alasweety
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/15/2006 12:02:13 PM
LOL now this is funny. Hair spray is one thing but make up? sounds really vein to me. sounds like he is saying LOOK AT ME he would rather have folks look at him instead of his lady. would I date one NOPE. If he was a actor on stage thats fine but as part of everyday wear off stage thats another story. leave the stage, leave the makeup there. A man is supposed to look like a man.

Jerri
 TaLuvs2Laugh
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:23:25 PM
I would, since the whole "Metrosexual" thing has gotten so big I know a few guys who do it. I even know a couple guys who use their girlfriends hair straighteners!!
 Brian_Thorn
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:27:43 PM

what ever happened to men just being men?" ... absurdity. Masculinity is not a static, never-changing concept - new ideas are meant to be introduced, otherwise it would stagnate. People just need to be confident enough to adopt them, or else tolerant enough to accept that them as part of the human masculine identity.

Confident enough to adopt wearing Makeup on an every day basis? Exactly what century do you live in? Yes the Eygptian males many centuries ago also wore make up, but then they wore dresses and gowns too. Don't see that as an acceptable norm among Males these days do we?

Exactly how does adopting the abnormal behaviors of a minority equate to Male confidence? Since when did the minority of anything determine the identity of the Majority? I mean by all means feel free to wander the streets of the city dressing and accessorizing like a woman, if that is your particular thing (and that is about all the tolerance you are deservant of), but never presume for a moment that your gender confused regalia has any semblance of the true Masculine Identify the majority of us choose to live by. True, the Masculine Identity is indeed an ever changing concept, but there is nothing whatsoever inherently effeminate about it. That much goes without saying. Nuff said.

Have fun
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:38:37 PM
I would, since the whole "Metrosexual" thing has gotten so big I know a few guys who do it. I even know a couple guys who use their girlfriends hair straighteners!!

It depends what the make up is for. Some may need it to cover up an injury or something. But for a guy to just put on make-up just for aesthetic appeal , to "look nice" is just a perversion and that IS what it is. It is effeminate to do that. Again (sometimes) they may have it for a various reasons that have nothing to do with aesthetics, but LISTEN EVERYONE, a man does not need to look aesthetically pleasing or beautiful in the same way a woman does, that is a blatent perversion. A man needs to be characterized by courage, inner and outer strength and integrity and hunour all stemming from his character which comes from the person within. Shame on people trying to make guys into soemthing they are not.

LET MEN BE MEN!! and let WOMEN BE WOMEN!! anything else is a perversion!!!!

Ladies how would you like it if a guy told you to grow your leg and body hair, go to the gym every morning, pump iron, maybe shave your head frequently and don't do anything with your facial hair, if it grow then it grow.

How would that sound? You would say no way!!!! .... I think anyways.lol Why is it that a guy having back hair or being bald or short or whatever is criticized but when people want him to wear make up?? that is jhust perversion and going AGAINST what it is to be a man.

****GUYS.... DO NOT let anyone tell you how you are to look. YOU LOOK THE WAY YOU WANT TO LOOK.

It is whats inside that accounts anyway, shame on people for being so vain and superficial.
 Bubbles1979
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/15/2006 1:39:37 PM
HEEELL NO! If I wanted my SO to wear makeup, I'd be with a woman.
 misskiss75
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/15/2006 2:32:32 PM
back in the days of 80s hair bands i would! Richie sambora and joe elliott were hot!
 Simply*Enchanted
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2006 3:44:19 PM
If he was a rock star or something and did it for the camera, yes if he was a drag queen I'd have to say No........
 Bubbles1979
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/20/2006 4:17:07 PM
I like my men manly and eyeliner and mascara just don't do it for me...
 island_fling
Msg: 143
Posted: 12/20/2006 4:48:13 PM
Absolutely Not
 I love hockey
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/20/2006 5:25:38 PM
Sorry, but my men need to be men. I'm not in jail anymore so I dont need my biotch.
 supfreaks
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2006 6:51:56 PM
No that would be too weird, i have however dabbed some concealer on a guys ginormous pimple
 RJB888
Msg: 146
Posted: 12/21/2006 12:27:53 AM
No! I'd have to wonder when my make-up is being used. I can just see it now," honey do you have my lip gloss?" Holy crap this thread has lasted 6 pages.
 Azalea Path
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/21/2006 1:06:02 AM
Oh hells no...WTF?
 CanadianKate
Msg: 148
Posted: 12/22/2006 7:54:37 AM
Hell no..Gosh no!..Not for me
 storm97477
Msg: 149
Posted: 12/31/2006 11:17:57 AM
I use Neutrogena. I guess its the same as makeup but its medicine for acne. I don't have acne but I do have rosacia. The medical treatment for rosacia is metragel and tetrocyclene. Metragel stings and tetracyclene makes you sensative to sunlight, turns your teeth yellow, can cause nausia, destroys natural bacteria in your intestines (which makes you constipated), and you need to get a blood test evey 6 months to check for liver damage. Plus its $80 a month for the treatment and it doesn't work that well...So screw all that, I'll use the makeup.
 tyson 7899
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/31/2006 11:28:07 AM
Well it looks like the OP is the one wearing makeup and is looking for people to tell him its ok. Look just be you if your gay your gay just come out of the closet and stop trying to be someone your not. Fake people suck!.....
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?