Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 parklabrea
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 7 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I think it's fine, as long as he's only wearing it on his face. Ahem.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 40
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 3/2/2009 10:56:04 PM
OK,
Here's my 2 cents worth. I am the woman, therefore I wear the makeup, the nail polish, color my hair, wear earrings ( I can accept small diamond studs or tasteful rings on guys) and any man who usurps my position as the great painted lady will be subject to ridicule and perpetual laughter.
I want my man to be a man, smell like a really nice cologne (but not bathe in it), wear deodorant, keep a check on the unibrow if necessary, but not overdo it, and I swear to high heaven if I catch him flexing naked in the mirror at himself, I will never let him live it down.
 TRiG_Ireland
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/3/2009 4:50:15 AM
Ah, message 53. The first intelligent thing that's been said here yet.

Masculinity and femininity are nebulous concepts, hard to pin down. And they change over time. Look at portraits from the past. The idea that a man's clothes had to be dark and plain is a relatively modern concept. Henry VIII certainly didn't dress like that.

A personal preference is a personal preference. If you don't feel attracted to guys who wear make-up, that's fine. But there's no need to demean them. I don't wear makup myself, and don't imagine myself doing so in the future. It's not an image that attracts me. But if I ever did, would that make me worth any less as a person?

And the guy who said that such men should be beaten to death is revealing his own insecurities. That line might be amusing, if such things didn't actually happen in real life, which they do. In that context, the line is disgusting. The person who posted it and the people who laughed at it should be ashamed of themselves. It's horrible.

TRiG.
 TRiG_Ireland
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/3/2009 4:53:56 AM
qbnpete: "the more society continues to blur lines btwn masculine and feminine the more we as a society will be in trouble."

And you know this how? Or did you just pull it out of your butt?

TRiG.
 TRiG_Ireland
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/3/2009 5:12:27 AM
In message 142 a chap by the name of Ratero-park-man pontificates at length about the exact ways men and women should behave, laying down the law clearly and distinctly.

He then finishes with "GUYS.... DO NOT let anyone tell you how you are to look. YOU LOOK THE WAY YOU WANT TO LOOK."

I think he's a little confused.

TRiG.
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 5:32:44 AM
No. I also do not date guys with prettier hair than me.
 Tigress
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/3/2009 7:04:26 AM
I think it's ok, unless it's really obvious, like touch-ups. It's a double standard.
Women can wear pants and men's clothes and nobody thinks twice about it. Why should just the female population be able to hide their flaws? Wouldn't it be wonderful if the teenaged boys with acne could conceal it, without people making fun of their makeup? Hey, all the tough guys on TV wear it!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/1/2009 11:52:28 PM

Rigid stereotypes. Hillbilly responses. Annie get yer gun! I hate faggots! Any man with makeup is not real man! All men eat steak and potatoes. All men like baseball.

**Snort** (OMG, this so fits my mood lately.)

Tell me Chris Angel Mindfreak doesnt look cool with eyeliner.

He's smokin' hot. (And I don't even like using that word in that context, but he is.)

But what bothers me is the astounding number of women who go on and on about manly men. What, pray tell is a manly man?

a. a dude who hunts?
b. a dude who likes to work on engines?
c. a dude who mostly likes sports?
What is a manly man? Brad Pitt sure doesnt qualify. Hes too busy helping starving kids. Thats not a manly thing to do. Neither is Obama. Hes not manly. Hes educated, erudite and compassionate. Real men dont do compassion, they strut around full of CONFIDENCE, wowing all before them.

I thought of Pres. Obama when I read some of this. I noticed the other night that he actually had on quite a bit of make-up ~ SO? He was still the most commanding man in the room.

~OT~ I have an ex who was a fan of pedicures ending with polish. He was a great guy and he had REALLY soft feet. I'd be fine with a man who borrowed my make-up once in a while or if he even had his own for that matter. I cheat nature and use it, why shouldn't he? I don't think I'd be too thrilled if he wore MORE than I do, but ~ I dunno, that might be OK if he wears it well. JMO
 ilovetoshop
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/2/2009 7:27:12 AM
hell yeah....nothins wrong with that ....c'mon guys its the 21st century !!!
 windloverr
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:00:23 PM
I can unequivocally say I would NOT date a guy who wore make-up. As a matter of fact; even with women, I prefer as little as possible.
 Nick li22
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 8:12:48 PM
you must be kidding. if he wears makeup he is gay.
 cw35
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 4:34:48 AM
I've seen bus ads and posters for a whole line of make up for men recently. I think revlon's making it. One poster was actually lipstick for men. Judging by the severe prejudice and double standard women seem to have when it comes to primping, I'm guessing they'll be losing lots of money with this line of products. What's funny is that in every other species, it's the male that has all the bright colors and the females that are usually bland.
 Trishinwi2009
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:13:26 AM
The last man I had a long term relationship with was an entertainer - and he wore makeup...I wouldn't recommend dating an entertainer OR a guy who wears more make up or hairspray than you do....

Use to tick me off when I'd go to do my hair or makeup and couldn't find it or it was gone! LOL!
 Trishinwi2009
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:37:38 AM

This whole threads reminds of the bad guy in Silence of the Lambs when he was putting makeup on in front of the mirror and stuffing his junk between his legs.

The guy from clerks II did a pretty good rendition of that scene too! LMAO!
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/5/2009 1:47:34 PM
Sure.

I was once involved with a man who painted his toenails.

Some guys look hot with makeup. Not all do though.
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/5/2009 1:51:22 PM
People who think like this should be beaten to death.

I'd rather date a guy who wears makeup than a guy who's close minded, biggoted and judgemental.
 fancynanci
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:35:20 PM
No. I don't like men who wear make-up or lots of jewelry. Be a man. I'm the lady.
 Musique08
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2009 6:36:37 PM
I don't wear make-up myself (other than nail varnish) but I wouldn't care if a guy did. Actually I'd like it if he at least shared my liking for nail varnish 'cause nail varnish is just cool!
 varinia
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:10:33 PM
Plenty of women are drooling over Adam Lambert. Eye liner didn't seem to have hurt his popularity - I'd have have no problem dating him, if he were swinging my way ;-)
 sub girl wanted
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:28:33 PM
Gene simmons woman hasnt done too bad.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:23:44 PM
There are so many times I have wanted to put eyeliner on men I met. I wish men would wear make up especially eyeliner or any make up that will make them look better. I would NOT want to see men wearing Boy George type make up, because that style is for girls. I do NOT want to see men weraring their make up the same style as girls do. There is a masculine way of wearing make up and and a femine way of wearing make up. Alot musicians wear eyeliner in this era. The Egyptians warriors and men during the Cleopatra era worn kohl black eyeliner. I think especially eyeliner and make up enhances everyone.
I am a Licensed Cosmetologist.
 Opusvoid
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 6:45:52 PM
I wouldn't say I've gone that far, but I have been known to go down a pretty gothy path from time to time(that includes lipstick), but what can I say...I'm a metal musician...I like the look. I haven't done it in well over 2 years though and it's not something I do to often anyway. It's cost me a few dates in the past though and all the girls I've met who are generally into that are bisexual...I've got nothing against that, but I couldn't do that myself.
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/4/2011 9:22:13 PM
Last lover, didn't want wrinkles, so instead of doing like ME, the girl, and buying a sun block and using it on my face under my make up, he bought a 36 dollar anti wrinkle surem with tan coloring in it from some fancy pants Mabeline or Sears counter. He was such a damn girl, just ruined it for me.
 fresh food
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/17/2012 1:15:06 AM
i knew a woman who dated a man that wears make up and ladies clothes and by day he is a truck driver
 fresh food
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/17/2012 1:15:46 AM
i knew a woman who dated a man that wears make up and ladies clothes and by day he is a truck driver
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?